• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:55
CEST 01:55
KST 08:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8555 users

II Titanic Mini Mafia - Page 184

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 182 183 184
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 22 2013 06:19 GMT
#3661
On December 22 2013 15:15 Blazinghand wrote:
yet another game carried by blazinghand

I tried to stop you!
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 22 2013 06:19 GMT
#3662
But the power of Blazinghand was too strong.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 22 2013 09:44 GMT
#3663
Rayn why didn't you adhere to our coordination? You were supposed to shoot Rayn
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
December 22 2013 10:25 GMT
#3664
On December 22 2013 18:44 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Rayn why didn't you adhere to our coordination? You were supposed to shoot Rayn


Rofl :D

And shooting Artanis of all people... Now that was just rude!
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-22 11:00:41
December 22 2013 10:50 GMT
#3665
Some thoughts on the game:

On modkills

We were fortunate this game that the modkills didn't ruin the game. No power roles or mafia were lost, and since town were almost certainly going to mislynch Vayne anyway (and then two townies would be shot by SK and mafia) the only thing town ended up losing was time to talk. The modkills obviously affected the game since mafia and SK probably wouldn't have chosen to shoot Coag and xigxag, but it could have been a lot worse.

I'd like to think that even if Vayne, Coag and xigxag had all been town PRs or something we'd still have gone through with it and sacrificed the integrity of this game to make the point about unacceptable behaviour clear. (Not that we had much choice with Coag and xigxag, but even if we had.)

+ Show Spoiler [Coag modkill] +
On the day he was modkilled, Coag had actually satisfied activity requirements (IIRC he had a vote on xigxag or something) and he would have been un-banned by around the start of the next day. However, since the slot had already been replaced once and Coag hadn't done much to make the slot more readable it wasn't really fair to expect town to deal with a further 48 hours of complete inactivity on top of that.


A few comments

Disclaimer: As you probably know I was on vacation until day 1 and never really went back to read it. As such I don't intend to comment on whatever happened then.

Day two was... weird. I was convinced the day, and further the game, was going to end poorly for town until the last hour or so. Funnily enough the SK was the primary force behind the purpletrator lynch, though aided and abetted by (over?)enthusiastic bussing.

From the fact that he was nearly lynched over purpletrator I felt that Vayne should have been pretty clearly town - however, I can understand between frusturation and policy why he was to be lynched day 3. Modkilling him put scum well and truly on the spot to perform, and they mostly folded here instead.

After that point the thread kind of died understandably. Grack lynch was obvious and there was nothing much to discuss until d4, at which point the Rayn check ended the game. Since town knew there was a cop in the setup and had a mislynch to spare there was literally no way for Rayn to win at that point.

Sentinel was cheering for Rayn to win, I didn't have strong feelings one way or the other.

I don't think the nightactions have been made public yet, so here they are:

Night 1:
Rayn shoots bumatlarge
purpletrator shoots plutarch
kush protects plutarch
holyflare protects plutarch
Artanis uses Psionic Storm on xigxag (it missed)
Xatalos roleblocks LSB
Sidesprang checks LSB
Corazon shoots Holyflare

Night 2:
Rayn shoots kushm4sta
Grackaroni shoots Blazinghand
kush protects Blazinghand
Xatalos roleblocks Alakaslam
Sidesprang checks Alakaslam

Night 3:
Rayn shoots Artanis
Grack shoots Plutarch
Sidesprang checks Artanis

Night 4:
Rayn shoots Blazinghand
Sidesprang checks Rayn




If you have any questions you'd like me to answer or any feedback on my contribution to this game, feel free.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
December 22 2013 11:15 GMT
#3666
Oh LOL, sidesprang actually checked Artanis.... In that case we would have lost even without rayn's shot. GG
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 22 2013 11:28 GMT
#3667
Wow great blue play this game. Amazing cop checks and great heals.

Might be 4 of the best cop checks I've seen, also associated with the fact sidesprang played in a fashion that never really got him closed to being lynched or shot by mafia. Really well done actually.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-22 11:58:06
December 22 2013 11:57 GMT
#3668
Def good play by sidesprang. Curious what made you check me rather than JJD. I guess the options were limited after you already checked LSB and Alakaslam.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
December 22 2013 11:58 GMT
#3669
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/n2gVPMgrxen

Lonemeow shadow qt
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-22 14:30:50
December 22 2013 14:09 GMT
#3670
On December 22 2013 20:28 marvellosity wrote:
Wow great blue play this game. Amazing cop checks and great heals.

Might be 4 of the best cop checks I've seen, also associated with the fact sidesprang played in a fashion that never really got him closed to being lynched or shot by mafia. Really well done actually.


Way to much praise. I can explain my play a bit and you will see it was not that good

Basically I'm a really new player. I played some games like 3 years ago because I think the concept is really cool. I was really bad and it was hard to play. Kinda like how I feel now, you will see in a game where I'm VT. I've watched like all the esports mafia streams and that is why I got back into the game. I also read the newbie guide and I thought I would try to be a not so active town, but rather make bigger posts and try to make good points.

Then on Day 1 I notice I get the cop role, I thought yay cool. Now I just need to act towny and survive for a few days so I can get some important checks in. My first post was a disaster and tbh it was very forced, I kinda just posted cause I wanted to contribute in some way. What I had was very little and I got called out pretty hard for it. I felt so bad and thought I just fucked the town over so bad by playing a retarded cop. Luckily most of the heat went away, dunno if it was because of my defence or they just felt there was bigger fish to fry.

Anyhow with most of the heat gone, I realized I could not really play that way. So on day 2 I just read peoples filters instead and went with my gut feeling. While doing this I noticed that people did not really go after me that much (except LSB which I just found kinda funny after a while, especially since I knew he was green).

So you can say, that my good town position was the result of a really bad start, and some damage control and adjusting.






Checks:

For my checks I did not want to check VA which was my biggest scumread because if I did and he came back green then I would have to stop going after him, and tbh I dont think I could have played that without painting a cop mark on my back. I liked tunneling him and I felt my points on him were valid even if he would have been misslynched D1 or D2 no one could really say I was scum because of it.

I decided to check LSB first night, but I dont really remember why.

I checked Slam because I had no idea what he was, and his voting just made it all more confusing. I felt a cop check is the only way to figure it out, so I did.

Night 3 I only had 2 real options in my mind. JJD and Artanis. I thought Artanis was way more likely to come up green, and that JJD would come up red. I felt JJD would most likely get lynched after grack anyhow, so I prefered to get a green check on Artanis. If he however came up red I would have to intervene and prolly claim. So I'm really glad he died that night,

The night 4 check was easy. the only two I could check was Rayn and JJD. I was kinda certain that JJD or LSB would be the SK. And the only thing that convince me otherwise would be a black check on Rayn, which I got. If he had selected investigation immunity it would have been tough. JJD would have died for sure, and flipped green. And making a case on rayn against the others would have been to hard I think.


TLDR: I fluked my way into a really good cop position, and I just tried to stay there. Which was not really hard cause it mostly meant that I did not have to post much I'm happy with the checks, dunno if ppl think the N3 one is greedy but I thought it was the best check at the time atleast.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 29 2013 19:39 GMT
#3671
On December 22 2013 11:52 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2013 11:19 DarthPunk wrote:
Wow. I can't believe town won. Undeserved IMO. Excellent cop play by sidesprang though. He did enough that he was never under real threat from a lynch and managed to get in really important checks.

GJ.

Well, define the guidelines required for town to "deserve" a win.

Scum played poorly enough to give in, leading to more town info at times. They should all have been WIFOM ing us to their last breaths, and ARTANIS was playing so well Rayne shot him- sometimes, it is best to play the fool a good bit as scum.

Not claiming I did well. I wholly failed Chezinu as well, he deserves an apology from me.

You accomplished a very important objective. Let it be known that you survived.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Prev 1 182 183 184
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 156
Vindicta 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10032
Rain 908
Artosis 569
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift4247
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox577
Mew2King512
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1152
Other Games
summit1g11227
shahzam590
Day[9].tv567
JimRising 557
PiGStarcraft196
C9.Mang0147
ArmadaUGS85
NeuroSwarm64
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 70
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie760
• Day9tv567
• Scarra524
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
OSC
5m
CranKy Ducklings7
Stellar Fest
13h 5m
OSC
22h 5m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.