• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:03
CEST 18:03
KST 01:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8343 users

Back To The Basics Mini Mafia - Page 65

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 145 Next
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=437262
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 23 2013 07:46 GMT
#1281
On November 23 2013 16:44 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 16:42 cDgCorazon wrote:
On November 23 2013 16:41 Onegu wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:48 cDgCorazon wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:27 Aquanim wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:20 cDgCorazon wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:14 Aquanim wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:10 cDgCorazon wrote:
Doesn't Onegu's vote look really scummy with Rayn's flip?

I'm not sure why Onegu's vote looks scummier due to Rayn's flip. Unless you're saying he didn't want to take responsibility for the Rayn lynch... which would apply to you in spades too. Could you clarify?

Onegu dropped a vote away from Rayn and then peaced out.

What would scum do if they knew town Rayn was probably going to be lynched 12 hours in advance? They wouldn't all pack on the Rayn wagon. That would be too obvious for a scum team. Wouldn't it make sense for Onegu to put a vote on Moc in the middle of the Rayn tunnel to look like he was making an effort to scum-hunt and then be able to distance himself from a Rayn lynch?

I was transparent with my stance on Rayn and my decision to no-lynch. Onegu was very shady about it and I think it's because he is hiding the fact that he is scum.

That's a fair point.

Do you think the same applies to jampidampi and Rean, who both left their votes on me without pushing my lynch at all seriously? Personally I doubt they're all scum but I think there's at least one and possibly two scum in {Jampidampi, Rean, Onegu}.

And that's what should be the focal point of N1.



Posts this then follows up with these.
On November 23 2013 10:43 cDgCorazon wrote:
On November 23 2013 10:32 Aquanim wrote:
@Corazon I'd like to see your thoughts on Jampidampi.

No thread presence. He played a very little part in D1 and that doesn't reflect very well on my read on him. I think if there was a scum OFF the Rayn lynch, it is very likely to be him. I'd be down lynching him tomorrow if it comes to that.


This only after being asked his thoughts on it.


On November 23 2013 11:43 cDgCorazon wrote:
About to eat dinner- giving my final brief reads just in case I die (I probably won't)

Coming into D2, I want to lynch Onegu. His play has been really shady and he needs to be under the gun D2. He does not care about who gets lynched which is a huge scum tell.
I'd also be cool lynching Jampi for similar reasons.
HF blaming Mocsta for the lynch is really scummy seeing as if HF was town and didn't like the lynch, he could just back off it.

I'd be down for lynching one of those three tomorrow.

Sciberia's vote was really shady as it came with no explanation at the buzzer. From what I gathered up, he did not have a scum read on Rayn yet voted for him (let me know sci if I missed a post)

Thrawn needs to have more of a presence in the thread and needs to stop buddying Mocsta and make his own reads.

I'm not interested in lynching anyone outside of these 5 as of now. Of course I will be flexible depending on what happens.


And this. This is his only mention of Jamp, there is no mention of rean. But they should be the focal point of n1.

Onegu you're so bad. They lurked N1. Hard to talk to someone who isn't there.



So what they werent there you can still talk about them, you didnt.

There's not much you can say about them other then analyzing their votes, which doesn't really help if they don't justify them. The conversation shifted elsewhere and I followed it. Nothing wrong with that. Stop grasping at straws.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
November 23 2013 07:47 GMT
#1282
Nor did you ask them questions for when they came back, you didnt mention them at all.
Try TL Mafia!!!
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 23 2013 07:48 GMT
#1283
On November 23 2013 16:47 Onegu wrote:
Nor did you ask them questions for when they came back, you didnt mention them at all.

At least I participated in the discussion.
Grubby's #1 Fan
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 23 2013 07:58 GMT
#1284
Aqua, Rean is town. I just finished rereading his filter, paying close attention to the parts where he is being pressured. Much of it reads as extremely genuine.

On November 22 2013 11:52 Rean wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 22 2013 02:37 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 02:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
No actually this is the best way to go:

##Unvote:
##Vote: raynpelikoneet


This proves Mocsta and Bereft are scum. 2 scum for 1 town is a good trade.
I'll make a case on the third one near deadline. I gotta go move my little brother now. cya later.

God your annoying...

I asked the question because I am in a headspace where I can look at you without emotion.
I am trying to figure out the motives for your continued trolling since your "confrontation" vote.

Considering a majority hasn't been reached & people reading (Onegu/jampi) haven't voted - you are not under a *great* deal of pressure.

As town, under thread of a mislynch: I would expect you to pull the finger out and start producing cases.

You already said you don't want me dead; yet keep going out of your way to antagonise me.
Unless you think I am scum, I don't see how your actions can line up with a town mentality.


Small tidbit, whilst looking for Rayn in the TL db to check mislynch history, i saw Rean:

Insane Mafia 2 Town Police Tough Guy Killed Night 2
TL Mafia XXXVIII Town Vanilla Town Killed Night 3
Sleeper Cell Mafia Mafia Sleeper Agent Modkilled Day 1
Pick Their Power Mafia Town Psychic Survived

I know Sleepcell is from 2011 but check teh filter
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=210416&user=Rean&view=all
He has like 2 posts, but they are SO aggressive.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=227186&user=Rean&view=all
In Pick Their Poewr he is quite casual and short posts.


Rean gameplay doesnt really fit into either of those filters + its from 2011 and things change.
BUT, what i do think is that it shows quite clearly his mentality when scum.

Hesistant to talk, and high-strung/angry.

I think Rean is probably town.


Sorry everyone for not participating at all today but my head is fucking killing me atm and trying to read the thread isnt working at all ._. made it to page 41 so far and gonna stop for today because i just cant focus at all, but wanted to comment on mocsta mentioning old games:

I cant remember why but I know I was so frustrated from RL issues during the sleeper cell game that I didnt focus on it at all and the few posts I made were total shit. I got modkilled for lack of voting and banned for it and I totally deserved it and sat out the bans. You probably shouldn't be using it for meta purposes.

going to sleep now, hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow.


I don't know why a scum player would post this. What would scum rean be trying to accomplish here? The rayn mislynch, or no-lynch, both of which suit scum's purposes, was progressing along just fine. Why wouldn't he sit back and post nothing? Entering the thread with an excuse post with 8 minutes left until a very controversial lynch can only possibly get everyone's attention. People were desperately looking to either find more rayn voters or to find an alternate target. Rean was already well on track to being lynched earlier... surely he would have known not make that post.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 23 2013 08:18 GMT
#1285
On November 23 2013 16:23 Onegu wrote:
Mocsta you habe played multiple games with him why all of a sudden do you want to policy lynch him this game?

Why is this relevant?
My explanations are in the filter; I also suspect, that whatever I answer:

(A) you won't believe me;
(B) you will still think I am scummy.

Seriously Onegu, make your case and then realise that this game requires a majority to lynch.
You won't get a majority to lynch me --> which means you efforts on me are completely wasted --> Feigning contribution.

I wanted Rayn lynched not because at the end i thought he was scummy; but because *I* thought that he would prevent town securing a majority lynch in the future cycles.

I don't care whether the observers think that is a terrible decision because they are not playing in this game.
In the situation: this was the decision I thought was best for town.
I did not, nor do I have the means to force anyone to vote. Realise that enough people agreed with this to secure a Rayn lynch.
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
November 23 2013 08:22 GMT
#1286
On November 23 2013 16:48 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 16:47 Onegu wrote:
Nor did you ask them questions for when they came back, you didnt mention them at all.

At least I participated in the discussion.



Thats my point you didnt as there was no discussion about them. Even though you said they should be the focus. Anyway Im at the mall now. Working on bereft first.
Try TL Mafia!!!
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 23 2013 08:23 GMT
#1287
On November 23 2013 16:58 thrawn2112 wrote:
Aqua, Rean is town. I just finished rereading his filter, paying close attention to the parts where he is being pressured. Much of it reads as extremely genuine.

Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 11:52 Rean wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 22 2013 02:37 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 02:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
No actually this is the best way to go:

##Unvote:
##Vote: raynpelikoneet


This proves Mocsta and Bereft are scum. 2 scum for 1 town is a good trade.
I'll make a case on the third one near deadline. I gotta go move my little brother now. cya later.

God your annoying...

I asked the question because I am in a headspace where I can look at you without emotion.
I am trying to figure out the motives for your continued trolling since your "confrontation" vote.

Considering a majority hasn't been reached & people reading (Onegu/jampi) haven't voted - you are not under a *great* deal of pressure.

As town, under thread of a mislynch: I would expect you to pull the finger out and start producing cases.

You already said you don't want me dead; yet keep going out of your way to antagonise me.
Unless you think I am scum, I don't see how your actions can line up with a town mentality.


Small tidbit, whilst looking for Rayn in the TL db to check mislynch history, i saw Rean:

Insane Mafia 2 Town Police Tough Guy Killed Night 2
TL Mafia XXXVIII Town Vanilla Town Killed Night 3
Sleeper Cell Mafia Mafia Sleeper Agent Modkilled Day 1
Pick Their Power Mafia Town Psychic Survived

I know Sleepcell is from 2011 but check teh filter
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=210416&user=Rean&view=all
He has like 2 posts, but they are SO aggressive.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=227186&user=Rean&view=all
In Pick Their Poewr he is quite casual and short posts.


Rean gameplay doesnt really fit into either of those filters + its from 2011 and things change.
BUT, what i do think is that it shows quite clearly his mentality when scum.

Hesistant to talk, and high-strung/angry.

I think Rean is probably town.


Sorry everyone for not participating at all today but my head is fucking killing me atm and trying to read the thread isnt working at all ._. made it to page 41 so far and gonna stop for today because i just cant focus at all, but wanted to comment on mocsta mentioning old games:

I cant remember why but I know I was so frustrated from RL issues during the sleeper cell game that I didnt focus on it at all and the few posts I made were total shit. I got modkilled for lack of voting and banned for it and I totally deserved it and sat out the bans. You probably shouldn't be using it for meta purposes.

going to sleep now, hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow.


I don't know why a scum player would post this. What would scum rean be trying to accomplish here? The rayn mislynch, or no-lynch, both of which suit scum's purposes, was progressing along just fine. Why wouldn't he sit back and post nothing? Entering the thread with an excuse post with 8 minutes left until a very controversial lynch can only possibly get everyone's attention. People were desperately looking to either find more rayn voters or to find an alternate target. Rean was already well on track to being lynched earlier... surely he would have known not make that post.

Suppose Rean is a scum player with a headache. (I reckon playing scum would give me a headache.) If he'd posted absolutely nothing in that time period he'd look awful now - he'd have completely dodged all discussion about the Rayn lynch, whereas now he at least has an excuse for not having argued one way or another there.

I don't think that he took much of a risk of getting lynched by posting that - that post may attract some attention to him but it hardly makes him look so instantly scummy that he's liable to go from 0 to 7 votes in less than 10 minutes.

The replies he makes when he's pressured by Rayn don't look scummy as such to me, but I don't see anything particularly genuine about them myself either. If you can explain this further I might understand better.

I just can't get past the fact that so very, very little of Rean's filter is him contributing on his own initiative - he's had to be prodded for almost everything he's said all game, and I don't see any insights or evidence of serious analytical thought in the answers he has provided. If he's town I am hoping my vote on him will incite him to perform better in this regard.

I agree with you that Jampidampi's contributions this game have been entirely underwhelming. If the Rean wagon doesn't fly I'm willing to join you on Jampidampi. For the moment though I'm happier where I am.

Also, I'm concerned that if we lynch Jampidampi and he flips town we will have learned almost nothing (hell we won't learn much if he flips scum), whereas if Rean flips town we will at least learn what alignment one of the main wagons of D1 was directed at. This extends to even discussion of their lynches - there's honestly not much to talk about re. a Jampi lynch.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 23 2013 08:25 GMT
#1288
EBWOP: I think a scum Rean would feel guilty and exposed if he didn't even give an excuse for why he wasn't discussing the Rayn lynch.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 23 2013 08:26 GMT
#1289
On November 23 2013 16:48 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 16:47 Onegu wrote:
Nor did you ask them questions for when they came back, you didnt mention them at all.

At least I participated in the discussion.

Corazon,
Please listen carefully - I mean the below respectfully.

You are acting like Rayn last cycle - If someone mentions your name negatively, you bark back.
This is forum mafia, and pressure is a part of the game. We all have reasons to pressure both our scum reads and our town reads. There is no such thing as confirmed, unless its mod-related.

People have a right to query your actions without receiving ad-hominems/denigration in return.




That aside:
Why do you not want to join my vote on jampidampi?





Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
November 23 2013 08:30 GMT
#1290
On November 23 2013 17:18 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 16:23 Onegu wrote:
Mocsta you habe played multiple games with him why all of a sudden do you want to policy lynch him this game?

Why is this relevant?
My explanations are in the filter; I also suspect, that whatever I answer:

(A) you won't believe me;
(B) you will still think I am scummy.

Seriously Onegu, make your case and then realise that this game requires a majority to lynch.
You won't get a majority to lynch me --> which means you efforts on me are completely wasted --> Feigning contribution.

I wanted Rayn lynched not because at the end i thought he was scummy; but because *I* thought that he would prevent town securing a majority lynch in the future cycles.

I don't care whether the observers think that is a terrible decision because they are not playing in this game.
In the situation: this was the decision I thought was best for town.
I did not, nor do I have the means to force anyone to vote. Realise that enough people agreed with this to secure a Rayn lynch.



Since when is makeing a case on someone I find scummy to be a waste if I am town, I fully expect scum to push my lynch today. Then when I flip my case wont be wasted ie people see Im town and look at my scum reads, and since we will have two town lynched and no nk and those two town have the same reads then the rest of the town should pay attention to that.

Also Ill look for it in your filter but if I dont find why you say this game is differnt Ill be very disapoint you didnt answer my question because I will a) find it scummy or b) not believe you, because if its legit, no your prolly right im fairly hard tunneled on you, but maybe some other people that would believe you and find my question valid.
Try TL Mafia!!!
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 23 2013 08:35 GMT
#1291
On November 23 2013 17:23 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 16:58 thrawn2112 wrote:
Aqua, Rean is town. I just finished rereading his filter, paying close attention to the parts where he is being pressured. Much of it reads as extremely genuine.

On November 22 2013 11:52 Rean wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 22 2013 02:37 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 02:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
No actually this is the best way to go:

##Unvote:
##Vote: raynpelikoneet


This proves Mocsta and Bereft are scum. 2 scum for 1 town is a good trade.
I'll make a case on the third one near deadline. I gotta go move my little brother now. cya later.

God your annoying...

I asked the question because I am in a headspace where I can look at you without emotion.
I am trying to figure out the motives for your continued trolling since your "confrontation" vote.

Considering a majority hasn't been reached & people reading (Onegu/jampi) haven't voted - you are not under a *great* deal of pressure.

As town, under thread of a mislynch: I would expect you to pull the finger out and start producing cases.

You already said you don't want me dead; yet keep going out of your way to antagonise me.
Unless you think I am scum, I don't see how your actions can line up with a town mentality.


Small tidbit, whilst looking for Rayn in the TL db to check mislynch history, i saw Rean:

Insane Mafia 2 Town Police Tough Guy Killed Night 2
TL Mafia XXXVIII Town Vanilla Town Killed Night 3
Sleeper Cell Mafia Mafia Sleeper Agent Modkilled Day 1
Pick Their Power Mafia Town Psychic Survived

I know Sleepcell is from 2011 but check teh filter
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=210416&user=Rean&view=all
He has like 2 posts, but they are SO aggressive.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=227186&user=Rean&view=all
In Pick Their Poewr he is quite casual and short posts.


Rean gameplay doesnt really fit into either of those filters + its from 2011 and things change.
BUT, what i do think is that it shows quite clearly his mentality when scum.

Hesistant to talk, and high-strung/angry.

I think Rean is probably town.


Sorry everyone for not participating at all today but my head is fucking killing me atm and trying to read the thread isnt working at all ._. made it to page 41 so far and gonna stop for today because i just cant focus at all, but wanted to comment on mocsta mentioning old games:

I cant remember why but I know I was so frustrated from RL issues during the sleeper cell game that I didnt focus on it at all and the few posts I made were total shit. I got modkilled for lack of voting and banned for it and I totally deserved it and sat out the bans. You probably shouldn't be using it for meta purposes.

going to sleep now, hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow.


I don't know why a scum player would post this. What would scum rean be trying to accomplish here? The rayn mislynch, or no-lynch, both of which suit scum's purposes, was progressing along just fine. Why wouldn't he sit back and post nothing? Entering the thread with an excuse post with 8 minutes left until a very controversial lynch can only possibly get everyone's attention. People were desperately looking to either find more rayn voters or to find an alternate target. Rean was already well on track to being lynched earlier... surely he would have known not make that post.

Suppose Rean is a scum player with a headache. (I reckon playing scum would give me a headache.) If he'd posted absolutely nothing in that time period he'd look awful now - he'd have completely dodged all discussion about the Rayn lynch, whereas now he at least has an excuse for not having argued one way or another there.

I don't think that he took much of a risk of getting lynched by posting that - that post may attract some attention to him but it hardly makes him look so instantly scummy that he's liable to go from 0 to 7 votes in less than 10 minutes.

The replies he makes when he's pressured by Rayn don't look scummy as such to me, but I don't see anything particularly genuine about them myself either. If you can explain this further I might understand better.

I just can't get past the fact that so very, very little of Rean's filter is him contributing on his own initiative - he's had to be prodded for almost everything he's said all game, and I don't see any insights or evidence of serious analytical thought in the answers he has provided. If he's town I am hoping my vote on him will incite him to perform better in this regard.

I agree with you that Jampidampi's contributions this game have been entirely underwhelming. If the Rean wagon doesn't fly I'm willing to join you on Jampidampi. For the moment though I'm happier where I am.

Also, I'm concerned that if we lynch Jampidampi and he flips town we will have learned almost nothing (hell we won't learn much if he flips scum), whereas if Rean flips town we will at least learn what alignment one of the main wagons of D1 was directed at. This extends to even discussion of their lynches - there's honestly not much to talk about re. a Jampi lynch.
In the above, I am reading a lot about poor play.

- Provides an excuse to not join an important discussion
- Doesn't "feel" genuine
- Doesn't contribute on his own initiative

What I am not reading is why any of this is scum-motive indicative.

Townies have always been guilty for poor play, and plenty of townies will not contribute until asked/pressured.
80/20 rule stands tall.

I must say that this response is *very* underwhelming.
This is exacerbated due to you replying in order to reason why REan is scummy.
Your objective was not achieved - not even remotely.

You are out of my "The Good" bracket Aquanim.
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
November 23 2013 08:38 GMT
#1292
Also a lurker lynch is terrible today mocsta, it gives zero info like aqua said, my lynch is better than his for figureing this game out. But we should lynch mocsta or bereft. Om working on it I swear. Waiting on my CoCoIchibanya now, mmmm so tasty.
Try TL Mafia!!!
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 23 2013 08:39 GMT
#1293
On November 23 2013 17:30 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 17:18 Mocsta wrote:
On November 23 2013 16:23 Onegu wrote:
Mocsta you habe played multiple games with him why all of a sudden do you want to policy lynch him this game?

Why is this relevant?
My explanations are in the filter; I also suspect, that whatever I answer:

(A) you won't believe me;
(B) you will still think I am scummy.

Seriously Onegu, make your case and then realise that this game requires a majority to lynch.
You won't get a majority to lynch me --> which means you efforts on me are completely wasted --> Feigning contribution.

I wanted Rayn lynched not because at the end i thought he was scummy; but because *I* thought that he would prevent town securing a majority lynch in the future cycles.

I don't care whether the observers think that is a terrible decision because they are not playing in this game.
In the situation: this was the decision I thought was best for town.
I did not, nor do I have the means to force anyone to vote. Realise that enough people agreed with this to secure a Rayn lynch.



Since when is makeing a case on someone I find scummy to be a waste if I am town, I fully expect scum to push my lynch today. Then when I flip my case wont be wasted ie people see Im town and look at my scum reads, and since we will have two town lynched and no nk and those two town have the same reads then the rest of the town should pay attention to that.

Also Ill look for it in your filter but if I dont find why you say this game is differnt Ill be very disapoint you didnt answer my question because I will a) find it scummy or b) not believe you, because if its legit, no your prolly right im fairly hard tunneled on you, but maybe some other people that would believe you and find my question valid.
You are hard tunneled, because I answered your question in my reply.
I was stating that the same response in is my filter.

You said scum will be pushing you this cycle.
As far as I know, the only person with an agenda to come after you *solely* is Sciberbia.

Do you have a updated opinion on Scibs?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 23 2013 08:42 GMT
#1294
On November 23 2013 17:38 Onegu wrote:
Also a lurker lynch is terrible today mocsta, it gives zero info like aqua said, my lynch is better than his for figureing this game out. But we should lynch mocsta or bereft. Om working on it I swear. Waiting on my CoCoIchibanya now, mmmm so tasty.
Why are you discredting what I am doing as a lurker lynch.

It certainly is not.

I have issues with jampidampi that I have explained numerous times. I want to see answers.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 23 2013 08:54 GMT
#1295
On November 23 2013 17:35 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 17:23 Aquanim wrote:
On November 23 2013 16:58 thrawn2112 wrote:
Aqua, Rean is town. I just finished rereading his filter, paying close attention to the parts where he is being pressured. Much of it reads as extremely genuine.

On November 22 2013 11:52 Rean wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 22 2013 02:37 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 02:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
No actually this is the best way to go:

##Unvote:
##Vote: raynpelikoneet


This proves Mocsta and Bereft are scum. 2 scum for 1 town is a good trade.
I'll make a case on the third one near deadline. I gotta go move my little brother now. cya later.

God your annoying...

I asked the question because I am in a headspace where I can look at you without emotion.
I am trying to figure out the motives for your continued trolling since your "confrontation" vote.

Considering a majority hasn't been reached & people reading (Onegu/jampi) haven't voted - you are not under a *great* deal of pressure.

As town, under thread of a mislynch: I would expect you to pull the finger out and start producing cases.

You already said you don't want me dead; yet keep going out of your way to antagonise me.
Unless you think I am scum, I don't see how your actions can line up with a town mentality.


Small tidbit, whilst looking for Rayn in the TL db to check mislynch history, i saw Rean:

Insane Mafia 2 Town Police Tough Guy Killed Night 2
TL Mafia XXXVIII Town Vanilla Town Killed Night 3
Sleeper Cell Mafia Mafia Sleeper Agent Modkilled Day 1
Pick Their Power Mafia Town Psychic Survived

I know Sleepcell is from 2011 but check teh filter
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=210416&user=Rean&view=all
He has like 2 posts, but they are SO aggressive.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=227186&user=Rean&view=all
In Pick Their Poewr he is quite casual and short posts.


Rean gameplay doesnt really fit into either of those filters + its from 2011 and things change.
BUT, what i do think is that it shows quite clearly his mentality when scum.

Hesistant to talk, and high-strung/angry.

I think Rean is probably town.


Sorry everyone for not participating at all today but my head is fucking killing me atm and trying to read the thread isnt working at all ._. made it to page 41 so far and gonna stop for today because i just cant focus at all, but wanted to comment on mocsta mentioning old games:

I cant remember why but I know I was so frustrated from RL issues during the sleeper cell game that I didnt focus on it at all and the few posts I made were total shit. I got modkilled for lack of voting and banned for it and I totally deserved it and sat out the bans. You probably shouldn't be using it for meta purposes.

going to sleep now, hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow.


I don't know why a scum player would post this. What would scum rean be trying to accomplish here? The rayn mislynch, or no-lynch, both of which suit scum's purposes, was progressing along just fine. Why wouldn't he sit back and post nothing? Entering the thread with an excuse post with 8 minutes left until a very controversial lynch can only possibly get everyone's attention. People were desperately looking to either find more rayn voters or to find an alternate target. Rean was already well on track to being lynched earlier... surely he would have known not make that post.

Suppose Rean is a scum player with a headache. (I reckon playing scum would give me a headache.) If he'd posted absolutely nothing in that time period he'd look awful now - he'd have completely dodged all discussion about the Rayn lynch, whereas now he at least has an excuse for not having argued one way or another there.

I don't think that he took much of a risk of getting lynched by posting that - that post may attract some attention to him but it hardly makes him look so instantly scummy that he's liable to go from 0 to 7 votes in less than 10 minutes.

The replies he makes when he's pressured by Rayn don't look scummy as such to me, but I don't see anything particularly genuine about them myself either. If you can explain this further I might understand better.

I just can't get past the fact that so very, very little of Rean's filter is him contributing on his own initiative - he's had to be prodded for almost everything he's said all game, and I don't see any insights or evidence of serious analytical thought in the answers he has provided. If he's town I am hoping my vote on him will incite him to perform better in this regard.

I agree with you that Jampidampi's contributions this game have been entirely underwhelming. If the Rean wagon doesn't fly I'm willing to join you on Jampidampi. For the moment though I'm happier where I am.

Also, I'm concerned that if we lynch Jampidampi and he flips town we will have learned almost nothing (hell we won't learn much if he flips scum), whereas if Rean flips town we will at least learn what alignment one of the main wagons of D1 was directed at. This extends to even discussion of their lynches - there's honestly not much to talk about re. a Jampi lynch.
In the above, I am reading a lot about poor play.

- Provides an excuse to not join an important discussion
- Doesn't "feel" genuine
- Doesn't contribute on his own initiative

What I am not reading is why any of this is scum-motive indicative.

Townies have always been guilty for poor play, and plenty of townies will not contribute until asked/pressured.
80/20 rule stands tall.

I must say that this response is *very* underwhelming.
This is exacerbated due to you replying in order to reason why REan is scummy.
Your objective was not achieved - not even remotely.

You are out of my "The Good" bracket Aquanim.

"Plenty of townies will not contribute until asked/pressured". Fine. If Rean is town what do you think I'm doing currently?

I was explaining to Thrawn why providing the excuse wasn't a townie thing to do either (do you contest this?). The feeling genuine or not was Thrawn's point, not mine. Not contributing on one's own initiative can't be town-motivated, since a townie would be trying to get more information out of the thread and improve his reads. Therefore it's likely scum-motivated.

I agree with you that Rean could be a townie playing poorly. I don't think it's the most likely explanation since I've seen many scum not contribute to the thread much on their own initiative, and fewer town. If he's town then hopefully my criticism of his town play will prompt him to do better (rather than just yelling at me over it, which I have a vain hope he won't do as a townie). If he's scum then hopefully my case and whatever response he makes to it will convince you that he is so we can lynch him.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 23 2013 08:58 GMT
#1296
On November 23 2013 17:23 Aquanim wrote:
Suppose Rean is a scum player with a headache. (I reckon playing scum would give me a headache.) If he'd posted absolutely nothing in that time period he'd look awful now - he'd have completely dodged all discussion about the Rayn lynch, whereas now he at least has an excuse for not having argued one way or another there.

I don't think that he took much of a risk of getting lynched by posting that - that post may attract some attention to him but it hardly makes him look so instantly scummy that he's liable to go from 0 to 7 votes in less than 10 minutes.

The replies he makes when he's pressured by Rayn don't look scummy as such to me, but I don't see anything particularly genuine about them myself either. If you can explain this further I might understand better.

I just can't get past the fact that so very, very little of Rean's filter is him contributing on his own initiative - he's had to be prodded for almost everything he's said all game, and I don't see any insights or evidence of serious analytical thought in the answers he has provided. If he's town I am hoping my vote on him will incite him to perform better in this regard.

I agree with you that Jampidampi's contributions this game have been entirely underwhelming. If the Rean wagon doesn't fly I'm willing to join you on Jampidampi. For the moment though I'm happier where I am.

Also, I'm concerned that if we lynch Jampidampi and he flips town we will have learned almost nothing (hell we won't learn much if he flips scum), whereas if Rean flips town we will at least learn what alignment one of the main wagons of D1 was directed at. This extends to even discussion of their lynches - there's honestly not much to talk about re. a Jampi lynch.


Aqua I think rayn was right about you. Sometime during N1 I started thinking that your posts sound extremely fake and this post looks like the most fake of all of them. I've highlighted all the parts that seem contrived. The last paragraph doesn't make any sense. We are at the very beginning of the cycle.. why wouldn't a jampi lynch tell us anything? There is still more than 40 hours to talk about him.

There is a lot we can talk about in regards to a jampi lynch. For starters, I would like you to give your read on him, rather than by agreeing you will consolidate if needed, because that is something that most people will say about most lynches. What is your read on jampi?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 23 2013 09:00 GMT
#1297
##unvote

I would rather the scumteam not know who I want to vote just yet.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
November 23 2013 09:04 GMT
#1298
On November 23 2013 17:39 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 17:30 Onegu wrote:
On November 23 2013 17:18 Mocsta wrote:
On November 23 2013 16:23 Onegu wrote:
Mocsta you habe played multiple games with him why all of a sudden do you want to policy lynch him this game?

Why is this relevant?
My explanations are in the filter; I also suspect, that whatever I answer:

(A) you won't believe me;
(B) you will still think I am scummy.

Seriously Onegu, make your case and then realise that this game requires a majority to lynch.
You won't get a majority to lynch me --> which means you efforts on me are completely wasted --> Feigning contribution.

I wanted Rayn lynched not because at the end i thought he was scummy; but because *I* thought that he would prevent town securing a majority lynch in the future cycles.

I don't care whether the observers think that is a terrible decision because they are not playing in this game.
In the situation: this was the decision I thought was best for town.
I did not, nor do I have the means to force anyone to vote. Realise that enough people agreed with this to secure a Rayn lynch.



Since when is makeing a case on someone I find scummy to be a waste if I am town, I fully expect scum to push my lynch today. Then when I flip my case wont be wasted ie people see Im town and look at my scum reads, and since we will have two town lynched and no nk and those two town have the same reads then the rest of the town should pay attention to that.

Also Ill look for it in your filter but if I dont find why you say this game is differnt Ill be very disapoint you didnt answer my question because I will a) find it scummy or b) not believe you, because if its legit, no your prolly right im fairly hard tunneled on you, but maybe some other people that would believe you and find my question valid.
You are hard tunneled, because I answered your question in my reply.
I was stating that the same response in is my filter.

You said scum will be pushing you this cycle.
As far as I know, the only person with an agenda to come after you *solely* is Sciberbia.

Do you have a updated opinion on Scibs?



I actually believe you : / need to think if that is something you would say as scum though.
Try TL Mafia!!!
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
November 23 2013 09:05 GMT
#1299
Talking about the rayn policy thing
Try TL Mafia!!!
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
November 23 2013 09:07 GMT
#1300
Oh and I think sciberia is town his tunnel on me from day one is legit. Look Im not saying my play isnt scummy, I need to work on that I have been mislynched in every town game I have played in. Im saying scum will use his tunnel as a jumping board.
Try TL Mafia!!!
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 145 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 651
ComeBackTV 542
SteadfastSC427
Rex103
CosmosSc2 47
EnkiAlexander 41
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 427
ProTech145
Rex 103
CosmosSc2 47
UpATreeSC 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45087
Jaedong 1404
Hyuk 1156
Mini 677
Horang2 512
Soma 490
BeSt 480
Larva 321
Soulkey 314
Rush 283
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 282
ZerO 282
Snow 211
Last 203
hero 83
Liquid`Ret 56
Mind 55
Free 37
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 26
Terrorterran 23
sorry 22
Shine 21
yabsab 21
Rock 20
Trap 19
HiyA 17
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7888
qojqva1438
Dendi891
Counter-Strike
x6flipin1088
Fnx 835
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2558
Khaldor1934
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2939
singsing2016
B2W.Neo950
hiko779
byalli443
KnowMe129
Liquid`VortiX117
QueenE89
Mew2King76
Trikslyr40
Railgan16
ZerO(Twitch)13
Chillindude1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile124
• StrangeGG 23
• Adnapsc2 7
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2750
League of Legends
• Nemesis2025
• Jankos1122
• TFBlade737
Other Games
• Shiphtur314
• WagamamaTV261
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 57m
OSC
20h 57m
Stellar Fest
20h 57m
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 20h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.