• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:44
CEST 05:44
KST 12:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10147 users

A Bluelightz Mafia "The Attack" - Page 55

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 134 Next
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
July 23 2013 22:02 GMT
#1081
On July 24 2013 07:00 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 06:58 cDgCorazon wrote:
On July 24 2013 06:52 FiveTouch wrote:
Corazon, VE is bang on. Do you think getmoript is mafia?

~marv


Well I don't think the chances of having 2 cops and a vigilante for town and only a roleblocker for mafia is very fair. Someone has to be lying.

I can believe Onegu, which leaves Getmoript and TG's claims. There's a chance they could both be lying.
Idk why Getmoript would claim to get TAA killed. What would he say if he was wrong about TAA?


It's like getmoript said. Go look at TAA's reaction, and tell me that's not a direct mafiaclaim?

~marv

The fact that he said that and left is even worse. So then is TG lying about RB? What else could scum possibly have to counter 2 sane cops and a vigilante?
Grubby's #1 Fan
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
July 23 2013 22:02 GMT
#1082
On July 24 2013 06:58 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 06:52 FiveTouch wrote:
Corazon, VE is bang on. Do you think getmoript is mafia?

~marv


Well I don't think the chances of having 2 cops and a vigilante for town and only a roleblocker for mafia is very fair. Someone has to be lying.

I can believe Onegu, which leaves Getmoript and TG's claims. There's a chance they could both be lying.
Idk why Getmoript would claim to get TAA killed. What would he say if he was wrong about TAA?


If town indeed has these power roles, we'll most likely be dealing with a miller or a godfather.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
July 23 2013 22:02 GMT
#1083
Derp, sorry. For filter.

On July 24 2013 07:00 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 06:58 cDgCorazon wrote:
On July 24 2013 06:52 FiveTouch wrote:
Corazon, VE is bang on. Do you think getmoript is mafia?

~marv


Well I don't think the chances of having 2 cops and a vigilante for town and only a roleblocker for mafia is very fair. Someone has to be lying.

I can believe Onegu, which leaves Getmoript and TG's claims. There's a chance they could both be lying.
Idk why Getmoript would claim to get TAA killed. What would he say if he was wrong about TAA?


It's like getmoript said. Go look at TAA's reaction, and tell me that's not a direct mafiaclaim?

~marv

Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
July 23 2013 22:04 GMT
#1084
My head hurts right now if I'm honest.

Would quite like getmoript/austin/whoever's general input on the whole claiming situation. Hard to work out alone.

~marv
Artanis & marv
getmoript
Profile Joined March 2013
1016 Posts
July 23 2013 22:06 GMT
#1085
I'm around
~g
Hydra of geript and Cavalinho
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
July 23 2013 22:06 GMT
#1086
So what do you think of Corazon's reaction?
Artanis & marv
getmoript
Profile Joined March 2013
1016 Posts
July 23 2013 22:10 GMT
#1087
I don't get why he assumes that TG is lying about the roleblock. I mean, sure I've seen scum fakeclaim a roleblock before, but what's the point. Right now I'm fully expecting a heavy lurker scum team. The only possible other scum IMO is you (5T), but I mean I completely missed catching the vanilla claim somehow so I can totally understand how and why they'd role block TG (or fakeclaim a roleblock).
Hydra of geript and Cavalinho
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 23 2013 22:11 GMT
#1088
On July 24 2013 06:40 FiveTouch wrote:
austin, I can quite happily ignore you for the rest of the game if you're gonna be a sarcastic douche. Just saying bro.

~marv
Yeah, it's a bit overly sarcastic in its douchiness. But from my end, this is the dude you voted for last night. I know you're hydraed, but this guy is the guy you voted for, wanted to lynch. His filter isn't giant, the stuff that gave me a scumread and started the wagon on him is contained within a small number of posts. You may not have read them, or the reasons the wagon got rolling, maybe you were absent and haven't looked it back over.

Which is...fine. But you ought to be able to see why that might trouble me? The two of you together possibly not having read the reason that wagon got rolling in the first place? Possibly not having read some of the few posts that the guy you voted for made.

Overly sarcastic, yes. But you act like I need to present specific posts to you on a red carpet, whereas I'm acting like you should have already read them because you voted a guy and joined a wagon.



As far as explaining why they can ONLY come from scum...I'm not going to do that? I honestly find that request peculiar. I'm not dealing with a claim or anything, these are specific posts and actions I find scummy. It's POSSIBLE they come from town, that's how almost every last scummy thing ever happens. Like...almost never does someone's case involve "here is why all of these posts and actions could 100% only come from scum and never from town." You're asking for something that's almost never done, and is ridiculous.



As to why they're LIKELY from mafia, read the vote. He read getmoript's filter, voted JJD because of getmoript's "convenient" comment. However, getmoript had changed his vote, changed his suspicions, and called JJD town. Saying you read a filter and are sheeping a vote when it's not that guy's vote anymore is curious for town. ESPECIALLY curious is doing that and then...not really owning up to it? A townie who does something that weird goes "Oops, my bad, totally didn't notice getmoript calling JJD town later and moving his vote." Which TG never does. He doubles down on "I never had a read, was just pressuring."

Furthermore, look at the reads. There's generic "not scumhunting" in that he doesn't seem to have scumreads until right before deadline, and then it's some people who came up in discussion. But he's voted a dude he has no read on, compares him to another dude who he doesn't think is scum but here's his most scummy post, and then only way way way later after all of this jazz does he have some scumreads. I don't like that voting progression, don't like how his reads NEVER come up until the very end of the night, at which point it's not like anything is going to happen with em.

I find both those things to be different from Nuclear TanGeng. He wasn't around long, but he's got reasoned out posts, he looks at the Chez nuke on D1 from a couple angles, decides what he thinks is likely, discusses with other people why something makes sense or doesn't. Here, his vote is to pressure a dude that nobody is voting for reasons that are outdated and weak, he has no scumreads until the very end of the day, and his actual posts and play feel far less involved. Not just number of posts, but they don't take something, analyze it, come ot a conclusion.



More importantly, that response to the claim makes all this a bit unnecessary today, because I agree wholeheartedly that it's not a townie response (one of the few things that really isn't ever what a townie would do)
Fe fi fo fum.
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
July 23 2013 22:11 GMT
#1089
I'm kinda curious that Corazon was shedding doubt on your claim after what TAA posted.
Artanis & marv
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
July 23 2013 22:16 GMT
#1090
Wait, so let me get this straight. getmoript and Corazon are both claiming cop?

Are people told whether they are naive/paranoid/sane/insane when they receive their roles?
How useful is a cop's accusation when we cannot trust their sanity?

I don't think lynching TAA based solely on getmoript's claim is the best course of action. If we think TAA is scummy AND we have getmoript's claim to back it up, I don't mind lynching him.

Back to scumhunting. I'm going to ignore the cop claims for now because in NW, I tried to setup speculate and that fucked me over. I don't want to simply assume that two cops can't exist.

My scumreads are TG, jrkirby, and TAA.

TG claimed he was roleblocked. This is not alignment indicative. He was scummy yesterday and nothing has changed to sway my opinion in the other direction.

I will talk more about jrkirby and TAA in a few additional posts.

I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 23 2013 22:20 GMT
#1091
On July 24 2013 07:04 FiveTouch wrote:
My head hurts right now if I'm honest.

Would quite like getmoript/austin/whoever's general input on the whole claiming situation. Hard to work out alone.

~marv
I think getmoript's timing is alright, and his choice of targets makes sense. Having just claimed mafia two games ago in a situation where I thought I was pegged, his post looks almost exactly like my reaction to getting "caught." So, I believe TAA is red, and I guess then believe getmoript is actually a cop. He's not been in my scummy list, therefore I don't see this as some kind of action. So if TAA is red, getmoript very likely cop.

Corazon's counter is funky. Especially given that he claims rolecop who copped himself. Either he just ROYALLY screwed up a counterclaim, or he's serious. I can understand him not thinking we'd have that many powerroles. I can understand TG's saying we might have miller/GF(s). To some extent though, Corazon's argument doesn't make sense internally to me.

Corazon claims rolecop. Says he did so because unlikely town has the roles that have been claimed. I don't think a rolecop seems particularly useful UNLESS there are a decent number of powerroles. Rolecop is something I think I only ever see in PTP or themed games, where there are lots of roles. If it's like...half VTs then a rolecop ain't super duper useful. The fact that he doesn't think we have the claimed roles BUT knows from getting a result back that he's a rolecop...is odd.

But honestly, why does scum fakeclaim rolecop? If you claim regular cop, you can give alignments. If you claim rolecop, you're in some DEEP shit, because maybe town orders you to check specific folks, and you can't just make up roles. In a closed setup, rolecop is an AWFUL choice for a fakeclaim. So, despite thinking the "we can't have this many powerroles" thing is inconsistent with having a rolecop, I believe both claims atm?

tl;dr - TAA's reaction makes him likely red, Getmoript wasn't scummy before, therefore getmoript likely cop. Corazon's rolecop claim seems like an awful choice to fakeclaim, therefore likely true but not alignment indicative. Seriously, rolecop is right up there with claiming innocent child IMO in terms of bad fakeclaims.
Fe fi fo fum.
getmoript
Profile Joined March 2013
1016 Posts
July 23 2013 22:20 GMT
#1092
That I don't understand from a town perspective at all personally. I think the natural town reaction is always, "What's your sanity? Do you have possible sanity issues?" With the exception of JJD b/c he's total busy nubian running his game and trying to not get brigged and shit. Like in LXI where Palmar claimed then VE claimed then CC claimed, everyone was all like "what's your sanity bro?" and CC's check won out because he had like 2 checks or there was some sort of rule out situation or something.
Hydra of geript and Cavalinho
getmoript
Profile Joined March 2013
1016 Posts
July 23 2013 22:22 GMT
#1093
On July 24 2013 07:16 FirmTofu wrote:
I don't think lynching TAA based solely on getmoript's claim is the best course of action. If we think TAA is scummy AND we have getmoript's claim to back it up, I don't mind lynching him.

Ok I'm with you...

My scumreads are TG, jrkirby, and TAA.

What in the actual fuck?
Hydra of geript and Cavalinho
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
July 23 2013 22:24 GMT
#1094
Conclusion on Cora, getmo?
Artanis & marv
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
July 23 2013 22:24 GMT
#1095
Will you please stop saying my check was stupid, it didn't tell me I was rolecop and it didn't tell me my sanity. If I knew I was a rolecop I would've checked someone else...
Grubby's #1 Fan
getmoript
Profile Joined March 2013
1016 Posts
July 23 2013 22:25 GMT
#1096
@Marv/VE What do you think of Tofu's mysterious scum read on TAA after being "null" on him for D1.
Hydra of geript and Cavalinho
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
July 23 2013 22:25 GMT
#1097
Also who the fuck was it that explained TAA as bad town away on Day 1? Was it me? If so I suck, but I get the feeling there were other hands in it too.

~marv
Artanis & marv
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 23 2013 22:25 GMT
#1098
I would never ever ever ever check myself even if I was explicitly told I didn't know sanity.

I dunno, it's just not how I would try to puzzle that one out. I would focus on getting checks first, then figuring out whether they were trustworthy second, based on either flips or always getting red or whatever.

I can understand wanting to confirm sanity, it's just an odd choice from my point of view, because I would value MOAR CHECKS over sanity, whereas you are saying you valued sanity over checks.
Fe fi fo fum.
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
July 23 2013 22:25 GMT
#1099
On July 24 2013 07:22 getmoript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 07:16 FirmTofu wrote:
I don't think lynching TAA based solely on getmoript's claim is the best course of action. If we think TAA is scummy AND we have getmoript's claim to back it up, I don't mind lynching him.

Ok I'm with you...

Show nested quote +
My scumreads are TG, jrkirby, and TAA.

What in the actual fuck?

This pretty much sums it up for me.

-VE
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
July 23 2013 22:26 GMT
#1100
On July 24 2013 07:25 getmoript wrote:
@Marv/VE What do you think of Tofu's mysterious scum read on TAA after being "null" on him for D1.


Guess I'll just wait for his posts on it tbf

~marv
Artanis & marv
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 134 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings52
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 172
PiLiPiLi 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3544
ViBE136
Bale 29
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
Counter-Strike
taco 585
Other Games
summit1g7057
JimRising 590
WinterStarcraft471
C9.Mang0281
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1033
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP115
• davetesta29
• practicex 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1120
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 16m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 16m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.