• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:27
CEST 15:27
KST 22:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War475.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7530 users

PTP IV - Demon's Run - Page 26

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 43 Next All
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 29 2013 21:48 GMT
#2760
On June 30 2013 06:44 Crossfire99 wrote:
gonzaw, i'm going to tell you my plan tonight. hold on. I will use the item from the pm containing the quote i will say. There will be a number afterwards telling you which item of the many from that pm i chose. I'll have to figure out a way to breadcrumb who i'm targetting or something


wait wait


I'm going to make a detailed post with how we can communicate

We can use the Event stuff to determine whcih player you may target, hold on I have it figured out
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 29 2013 22:41 GMT
#2763
Okay Xfire, from now on if you want to talk about a specific item with me use the previous codification I mentioned here ( http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=415738&currentpage=123#2457 ) and use this one below:



How we will communicate items:

When talking about items, go to this exact post to know which one we are talking about.
For instance, if I tell you "I think you should use Item #A" then go below, check the transcript that corresponds to Item #A, go to your PMS and check which EVENT (both initial PM from host with options and response) corresponds to the transcript and the number, just like I mention above.
Then check which item you got on that EVENT+number, and I will be talking about that specific item

There is a slightly change. Since you used the Empty Gun, then these are the numbers I'm going to speak of in the "transcript"

If I put 1 then check your role PM, go to the list of initial items, and choose the first one (that isn't the Empty Gun)
If I put 2, then check your role PM, go to the list of initial items, and choose the last one (that isn't the Empty Gun)
Now in these transcripts below I'll use ONLY 1 AND 2 as numbers (I won't use 3 anymore), that way it's safer to use.

Item #A:
"you can see them" 1

Item #B:
"was talking about" 2

Item #C:
"it doesn't" 2

Item #D:
"in hindsight" 1

Item #E:
"way before" 2




How we will communicate targets:
Okay, this is the player list right now:

0-austinmcc
1-kitaman27
2-Crossfire99
3-BloodyC0bbler
4-gonzaw

This means that if I can give you a number, you can determine who I'm talking about. If I give you the number "1" I am talking about kitaman, if I give you the number "4" I am talking about myself.

So how do we determine which number we are talking about?

This is easy.
First, you have been given 5 events. Event A, Event B, Event C, Event D, and now you will get Event E.
Just like before, a simple transcript can determine which Event we are referencing.

So okay, now we can communicate a single number between 1 and five depending on the transcript.
If I give you a transcript from Event A, then it will be number "0".
If I give you a transcript from Event E, then it will be number "4".

To make it simpler, at the bottom of this post I will put the list of transcripts and the "Numbers".
For instance, if I tell you "Number #A" then you go to the bottom of this post, check which transcript belongs to Number #A, then check which event corresponds to that transcript, and you will use the number you got from that event.
These are the numbers that correspond to each event:
  • Event A - 0 - austin
  • Event B - 1 - kitaman
  • Event C - 2 - Crossfire
  • Event D - 3 - BC
  • Event E - 4 - gonzaw



+ Show Spoiler +
In case you forgot or the host didn't tell you the letter of the event in each PM, it works like this:
  • Event A is the first story PM you got on N1, it's about the store
  • Event B is the story PM you got as soon as D2 started, it's about Lina
  • Event C is the story PM you got as soon as N2 started, it's about the Central Station
  • Event D is the story PM you got as soon as D3 started, it's about the school
  • Event E is the story PM you got just now, it's about the Yard




How to communicate both item and target:

We just use this format:
"Item #[nº] - Number #[nº]"

We use this NO MATTER WHAT ITEM.
If there is an item that doesn't need targets, we use it the same, you just ignore the number part (so scum don't figure out which item we are talking about by looking at our filters and see an item with no targets)

You can put it more simpler by just saying "I#[nº] - N#[nº]"
For example "I#B - N#D"



I say you should just write these down on a note, check the events and stuff, and in said note write the equivalence between I#x or N#x, so you don't have to do the same shit again every time we use it

Also don't worry I used random.org for this shit

Xfire, please confirm you could find all events and items without problems.


Number #A:
"You continue walking"

Number #B:
"assume those were"

Number #C:
"it feels like"

Number #D:
"all along it"

Number #E:
"will be alright"
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 29 2013 22:43 GMT
#2765
The reasons I used the numbers "0-4" and didn't just tell you "Event A corresponds to austin", is because we may need to manipulate the numbers if we want more security

That's because scum may not know what "Number #B" refers to, but everytime we use N#B scum KNOW we are talking ABOUT THE SAME PLAYER

I haven't really figured out a way for us to use a codification that doesn't give scum ANY info, not even if we are talking about the same player/item or not.

I may figure out something later though, which is why I kept the numbers.
It'll most likely deal with something similar to cryptography, but not cryptography exactly because:
-Hosts don't allow cryptography
-It's a pain in the ass to decode and encode
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 29 2013 22:47 GMT
#2767
Actually, the busdriver one takes 2 targets

Xfire, change the format to this instead:

"I#x - N#y - N#z"

I#x is the item
N#y is the first target
N#z is the second target

If I#x is the bus driver one, then use those 2 targets
If I#x just needs 1 target, use the first one (N#y)
If I#x has no targets, ignore both
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 29 2013 22:53 GMT
#2769
On June 30 2013 07:45 Crossfire99 wrote:
Also, how about this for incentive.

Austin, I will consider it a 100% scum claim if you don't give me an ability tonight.

I hope you're town and you'll do it without the encouragement lol.

Honestly, the only thing I'm sure about is Kita being scum. The rest is by process of elimination lol.


I'm still not sure why YOU need to have the ability
You can still use the bus driver if I get austin's ability.
If you want to coordinate the bus and shit, well we have the above codification, we can use a similar one for me to communicate to you what power I got and who I'm using it on.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 29 2013 23:00 GMT
#2771
Did you get the stuff above?

Also, please answer again: Can you get the item tonight instantly or do you get it when D4 starts? (goddamit Xfire answer this)
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 29 2013 23:02 GMT
#2772
For instance, if I tell you I#A - N#E - N#A do you understand what it means?
(that's a possible use of your abilities tonight)
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 29 2013 23:08 GMT
#2776
Well, we can ONLY win if you are town so why not? Austin give Xfire that shit.

If Xfire is scum then:
1)He has a bajillion shit that can prevent us from doing shit tonight or tomorrow to an easy win. I can and will say scum have already won if Xfire is scum there's no doubt about it.
2)Unless BC RBs him, but if Xfire is town one of the ONLY ways we can win is if Xfire uses some abilities, so BC shouldn't RB him. Event then Xfire can just use shit tomorrow I think, so we still lose.

Conclusion: If Xfire is scum we already lost, so let's just assume he's town to try and not lose tonight

So yeah, we don't have much of a choice but trust Xfire.
So austin, yeah give that shit to Xfire

Xfire, once you get the item, tell me you got it so we can figure out a way for you to tell me what you got.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 29 2013 23:20 GMT
#2777
I kind of wonder how I wasn't FOSED for saying that sk8 lied about my role when the hosts apparently said he didn't lol (sk8 said he made me a veteran lookout or some shit who gets info about roles)
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 29 2013 23:37 GMT
#2778
Hmm, yes, if you get either vig or medic, plus the stuff you already have (bus driver or others) then we could come up with something to either kill scum or prevent scum from using KP tonight

Do you people think scum have a functioning TARDIS tonight? I mean, they didn't use (or there was no proof of it) it last day sicne BC shot Xatalos directly (there was no bus), so maybe it's already spent?

I mean, it was used 3 phases in a row (D1, N1 and D2), maybe that's it?

It is possible they used it on D3 to like bus kita with BC or me, but well that was bypassed when Xata was shot directly.

BC's RB could be very good or very bad, if for instance he uses it on kita and scum bus kita with someone else (me or Xfire or BC himself)
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 16:44 GMT
#2780
On July 01 2013 01:21 austinmcc wrote:
"Crossfire OP as mafia" doesn't mean anything, because if he's got 8 billion powers, he's OP as EITHER ALIGNMENT, and it's 3-(1+1) or 3-2 right now.

Yes it does mean something, we are 3-2 right now so the powers Xfire has win him the game as scum, but not the game as town (why not win the game as town? BECAUSE WE ARE FRICKING 3 VS 2 AT NIGHT).
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 17:01 GMT
#2781
On July 01 2013 01:21 austinmcc wrote:
There's some way left to win, or game would have been over when DI got shot or WoS sacced himself.


It most likely means Xfire is town after all.
Again, let me remind you scum Xfire has:
-Bus driver
-NRA Member (kills whoever visits him)
-TARDIS (or kita has it)
-Vet

If he's scum, then it's easy: Scum shoot you/me, Xfire uses the Tazer (NRA member), and scum use TARDIS to bus kita with Xfire.
BC will RB kita, but visit Xfire, and die, then austin/I dies, and we get to 1v2 GG D3. Nobody else can do much to stop that, and even if we do it's still 2v2 on D2, or Xfire can use his bus driver shit (on TOP of the TARDIS bus drive shit) to bus even more shit.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 17:06 GMT
#2782
Xfire, choose option 2 tonight if you can get the item instantly tonight, otherwise choose option 1
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 17:43 GMT
#2784
On July 01 2013 02:40 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2013 08:20 gonzaw wrote:
I kind of wonder how I wasn't FOSED for saying that sk8 lied about my role when the hosts apparently said he didn't lol (sk8 said he made me a veteran lookout or some shit who gets info about roles)


FOS gonzaw


oh noes you caught me
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 18:13 GMT
#2786
Xfire, if you get your ability from austin, this is how we communicate:

This is a mapping between the events and Medic/Vig (or medic and whatever Dandel chose):

Event A - Medic
Event B - Vig
Event C - Medic
Event D - Vig
Event E - Medic

Then you use N#x to determine the Event that maps to your ability (choose any of the events that map to it as random)

For instance, N#D

Here are some strategies I can think using them:

If you get the ability represented by N#C:
I'd suggest using that ability on N#B
Then use this item: I#C - N#D - N#B

If you get the other ability:
Hmm, then there are a couple of options:
1)Use ability on N#E and item I#C - N#E - N#B
2)Use ability on N#B and item I#D - N#B - N#E
3)Use ability on N#B and item I#A - N#E - N#C

What do you think Xfire?
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 18:18 GMT
#2787
On July 01 2013 03:05 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2013 02:01 gonzaw wrote:
On July 01 2013 01:21 austinmcc wrote:
There's some way left to win, or game would have been over when DI got shot or WoS sacced himself.


It most likely means Xfire is town after all.
Again, let me remind you scum Xfire has:
-Bus driver
-NRA Member (kills whoever visits him)
-TARDIS (or kita has it)
-Vet

If he's scum, then it's easy: Scum shoot you/me, Xfire uses the Tazer (NRA member), and scum use TARDIS to bus kita with Xfire.
BC will RB kita, but visit Xfire, and die, then austin/I dies, and we get to 1v2 GG D3. Nobody else can do much to stop that, and even if we do it's still 2v2 on D2, or Xfire can use his bus driver shit (on TOP of the TARDIS bus drive shit) to bus even more shit.
Except that he doesn't know if he gets shot tonight by someone I give vigi to. He doesn't know if he shoots someone protected by someone I give medic to. He doesn't know in what order RB/busses/actions resolve (I checked, not being revealed).

It's also possible you don't have full information.


Well I dunno ask the hosts yourself why the game hasn't ended yet if Xfire is scum.
Yeah, well you can only give ME the vig to have a slight chance to survive if Xfire is scum, since the other guy you can give it to is Xfire lolol. In that case.....convince me to shoot him then I guess?

I don't really get this....are you two thinking both are town or something? Like Xfire seems like thinking austin may be town, and you don't think of Xfire as "confirmed scum" either?

I guess an option is austin being 3P with scum only being kita+geript+MZ, that's the ONLY way one of you two is not a super scummy scummer
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 18:32 GMT
#2788
Hmm, actually Xfire I think it'd be better for it to be:
N#E then I#C - N#D - N#B
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 18:37 GMT
#2789
Is factional KP carried out as a team, or by a single member?
I.e if there are 2 scum, and 1 is RBed, is the factional KP still going through, or not if the RBed scum was carrying it?
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 18:57 GMT
#2796
How would you know "where" isn't in the other option as well?

You are lucky since it's not!

On July 01 2013 03:50 Crossfire99 wrote:
Also I think you messed up the quote for item E. It should be "wait" not "way". Otherwise I think I understand everything (hopefully lol).


It should be "way before", unless deconduo fucked up the PM

Here's another one:
"you look" 2


Based on your choices this should give the correct event as well

Wait a minute I'll check those strategies you mentioned
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 18:59 GMT
#2798
So you got the Item #F instantly? You already have it?
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 264
TKL 214
CranKy Ducklings108
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 898
Lowko521
TKL 214
ProTech104
Rex 100
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 62568
Free 2348
Jaedong 1566
BeSt 572
Horang2 322
firebathero 231
Zeus 198
Last 112
Hyun 110
Pusan 81
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 69
910 37
soO 36
Aegong 21
Noble 20
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 15
Rock 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6004
Dendi839
XaKoH 449
canceldota76
Other Games
gofns32391
singsing2336
B2W.Neo499
byalli380
Pyrionflax292
ToD202
Mlord174
DeMusliM118
Liquid`VortiX78
QueenE67
Beastyqt38
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP27
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1752
League of Legends
• Jankos2990
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 34m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 34m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 34m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.