• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:24
CEST 09:24
KST 16:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9147 users

Boardwalk Empire Mafia: Pick Your Power - Page 42

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 210 Next
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 05 2013 19:00 GMT
#821
Hereby I decree, via the will of the wise and only gonzaw the One, thoughts be shared regarding these individuals, and words be spread about the One's wise annotations and analysis made in their name:
ObviousOne
Sno_man
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 05 2013 19:04 GMT
#822
Anyways, I'll tell you why I brushed off your "he's not scumhunting" accusations: because I literally get accused of the same thing in day one of every game ever. It stopped being something that worried me a long time ago. I'll scumhunt when I have things that I think are relevant to scumhunt on, and not before. I've never been mislynched, but if you feel the need to pull a day vig role and day vig me then you just go ahead.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
April 05 2013 19:11 GMT
#823
OO feels like town OO

Sno man REALLY USELESS.

And possibly scum
No gg, No skill.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 05 2013 19:16 GMT
#824
The sn0_man stuff is nothing but WIFOM right now.

Scum picked [1][1] last game in a similar manner.
Therefore, town will be watching for that and it won't work again
Mafia know town will be watching, so maybe it will work because they'll assume mafia won't try it again

The pick just leads to that loop, even if he said he'd grab [1][1] pre-game. It's null.

Only two things stand out about him if you don't use the [1][1]. This post:
On April 05 2013 14:38 Sn0_Man wrote:
Was there a consensus as to what I was picking first? No i'm not doing a silly "deny" pick like janitor.

I'm not really in any hurry to share my pick but if we came to a solid consensus I'll pick it.

This thread is a lot longer than I expected during the draft phase though .

Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 14:13 Oatsmaster wrote:
Town should deny KP roles.
AND NEVER FUCKING USE THEM.

more town people = better chance to win

Dont be a hero.

We should deny the perma KP roles.



I cant say I'm experienced with PYPs but I was under the impression that vigs still shoot their scumreads no?


and something that is sooper secret.

That post blows if it's from town because: (1) He deliberately avoids any discussion of the denial picks, not "tell me again why I should deny," not "I don't really want to deny," but just "I'm not doing a silly denial." I don't like the way he announces he's not going to participate in what is, as far as I can tell, a very pro-town thing to do with high picks. (2) Is similar. Instead of discussing any of the KP stuff, which was overdiscussed, I'll admit, he just drops that line. It adds NOTHING to the KP/vigi/policy conversation, except this half-ass remark when there have been legitimate reasons given why vigis shouldn't just be popping caps in every scumread they have.

It's not a shooting down of discussion, it's not participating in the discussion when it is ongoing, then dropping a thought that is absolutely not helpful AT ALL on the subject later.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 05 2013 19:16 GMT
#825
EBWOP: The [1][1] stuff feels like WIFOM*, not the full filter, given that post that I dislike.
Fe fi fo fum.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 05 2013 19:22 GMT
#826
Read my "Wisdom" tags austin.
Scum have to always choose between risk and reward. WIFOM is a pattern for scum decision making that has set values for said risk/reward (risk: Town don't buy the WIFOM, reward: Town buy the WIFOM)
However, there are more risks and rewards in this process that's not just pure WIFOM.
For instance what I stated: Some scum picking [1,1] alongside scum Sno puts both of them lower in the list, "outs" the 2nd guy as scum since we'd now someone taking down a claimed [1,1] out of nowhere is scum. On top of that, the WIFOM bit can "fail" and people may still believe Sno is scum
There is little reward in doing that, other than maybe creating more WIFOM in favor of Sno.
The only other alternative for scum Sno is to lie and pick something else rather than [1,1]. That has less risks, although the "why did you lie from what you said in pre-game?" risk my be big enough for them not to try.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 05 2013 19:25 GMT
#827
My other point is that scum would love to point this out.
If Sno is town and they DON'T clash with him.....why wouldn't they? The only reason other than some bullshit stuff is to include that WIFOM against him, which would mean they'd love to point out how he's scum for getting #1 just like what Mattchew did the last game
...however nobody mentioned it, and nobody did anything when I mentioned it.
In probabilistic terms, something is off (although the possibility scum are just bad, or don't give a fuck, or were all AFK forever is still there).

Also....I think I'll get my 3k milestone earlier (if I want to...you know...play good in this game), so it might not be as great guys
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 05 2013 19:26 GMT
#828
On April 06 2013 04:22 gonzaw wrote:
Read my "Wisdom" tags austin.
Scum have to always choose between risk and reward. WIFOM is a pattern for scum decision making that has set values for said risk/reward (risk: Town don't buy the WIFOM, reward: Town buy the WIFOM)
However, there are more risks and rewards in this process that's not just pure WIFOM.
For instance what I stated: Some scum picking [1,1] alongside scum Sno puts both of them lower in the list, "outs" the 2nd guy as scum since we'd now someone taking down a claimed [1,1] out of nowhere is scum. On top of that, the WIFOM bit can "fail" and people may still believe Sno is scum
There is little reward in doing that, other than maybe creating more WIFOM in favor of Sno.
The only other alternative for scum Sno is to lie and pick something else rather than [1,1]. That has less risks, although the "why did you lie from what you said in pre-game?" risk my be big enough for them not to try.
I've read your tags AND googled a number of phrases to see if you're roleplaying a particular character.

I don't agree that it's awful for scum to double pick [1][1]. If nothing else, when one player flips, I know I personally would go "Well, there's no way that scumbuddies BOTH decided to pick [1][1], ensuring that 2/5 of their team fell to the back of the draft." That's the gut reaction I'd have, and I think what most people would have (See: Comments about "Well, gotta be a bunch of towns in these [8] pickers"). I'd be more willing to assume that scum were hoping sn0 would balk and not choose [1][1], or at the very most were saccing one pick. I don't know how you'd see both as scummy if one player flips and had picked [1][1], just based on the picks.
Fe fi fo fum.
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
April 05 2013 19:32 GMT
#829
[1][1] has a very low chance of putting you at the very end of the draft.
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 05 2013 19:32 GMT
#830
Yeah don't bother with the roleplaying stuff
I don't even know who my char is, I don't know ANYBODY in Boardwalk Empire (I don't even know the name of Buschemi's character).
I'm just being wise in general, ya know?


Again, choosing both scum [1,1] is a risk with that reward you posted. It has other risks as well (like the ones I stated)
If scum try to either play safe, or don't really know what they are doing, nor know the game that much (nor know what happened last game), they'd still keep scum Sno to pick [1,1] alone.
Personally, I think it increases the chances of him being scum, which merits him....you know...come back, defend himself, contribute and be put in the crosseyes to see if he is or not.

Like I said his posts are forgetful and intranscendental I don't even remember what he posted about.

It's also a nice "entry point" for discussion towards D1, other than Caller arguing with Keirathi, or rayn tunneling RO, etc.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 05 2013 19:35 GMT
#831
I don't mind the caller arguing with Keirathi.
Fe fi fo fum.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 05 2013 19:36 GMT
#832
On April 06 2013 04:26 austinmcc wrote:
I don't know how you'd see both as scummy if one player flips and had picked [1][1], just based on the picks.


If someone claims he'll pick [1,1], and you are town, you won't clash with him unless you DON'T want that specific player at #1, sacrificing your chance at getting higher in the list.
Why would you do this out of nowhere though? You wouldn't, you'd either discuss it, post in the thread about it (if you just don't care), or think that guy is scum and thus sacrifice your picking chance to do so
Remember, townies get the chance to get THE ROLE OF THEIR DREAMS, and they always play alone, so they need a very very higher incentive to sacrifice their draft spot. Scum play with plans and get "community roles". They don't care if scum X gets a high spot if they can get scum Y to get a high spot. They don't care if scum X gets a specific role if they can get Y to get it. They play as a team, thus they wouldn't care about sacrificing their spots to take out a [1,1] guy.
Town would ("sane" town at least ).

Therefore, if someone just picks [1,1] out of nowhere even if someone else claimed so to is likely scum, unless he does the stuff a townie would obviously do in that scenario (which didn't happen by the time the draft phase was over).
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 05 2013 19:42 GMT
#833
On April 06 2013 04:36 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 04:26 austinmcc wrote:
I don't know how you'd see both as scummy if one player flips and had picked [1][1], just based on the picks.


If someone claims he'll pick [1,1], and you are town, you won't clash with him unless you DON'T want that specific player at #1, sacrificing your chance at getting higher in the list.
Why would you do this out of nowhere though? You wouldn't, you'd either discuss it, post in the thread about it (if you just don't care), or think that guy is scum and thus sacrifice your picking chance to do so
Remember, townies get the chance to get THE ROLE OF THEIR DREAMS, and they always play alone, so they need a very very higher incentive to sacrifice their draft spot. Scum play with plans and get "community roles". They don't care if scum X gets a high spot if they can get scum Y to get a high spot. They don't care if scum X gets a specific role if they can get Y to get it. They play as a team, thus they wouldn't care about sacrificing their spots to take out a [1,1] guy.
Town would ("sane" town at least ).

Therefore, if someone just picks [1,1] out of nowhere even if someone else claimed so to is likely scum, unless he does the stuff a townie would obviously do in that scenario (which didn't happen by the time the draft phase was over).
Or it's a townie thinking, "Don't want to let this happen again, but I'm gonna look like a noob if I pick vig to shoot this guy and hit town."

I just don't see the [1][1] bit as anything.
Fe fi fo fum.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 05 2013 19:45 GMT
#834
On April 06 2013 04:35 austinmcc wrote:
I don't mind the caller arguing with Keirathi.

Do you think he has a point? Do you think I am scum?
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
April 05 2013 19:48 GMT
#835
Ill be back in about 16 hours, dont kill each other while im gone.
No gg, No skill.
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
April 05 2013 19:49 GMT
#836
On April 06 2013 04:45 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 04:35 austinmcc wrote:
I don't mind the caller arguing with Keirathi.

Do you think he has a point? Do you think I am scum?

There's nothing wrong with him making a case on you.
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 05 2013 19:52 GMT
#837
On April 06 2013 04:49 sinani206 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 04:45 Keirathi wrote:
On April 06 2013 04:35 austinmcc wrote:
I don't mind the caller arguing with Keirathi.

Do you think he has a point? Do you think I am scum?

There's nothing wrong with him making a case on you.

That's not what I asked at all.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 05 2013 19:55 GMT
#838
On April 06 2013 04:45 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 04:35 austinmcc wrote:
I don't mind the caller arguing with Keirathi.

Do you think he has a point? Do you think I am scum?
I do think he has some points. I think you're worth watching, but more for non-caller reasons.

This post:
On April 05 2013 15:26 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 15:24 Oatsmaster wrote:
If someone from town does pick this, you will 100% be held accountable for your shots. If you're going to use it, you better be DAMN sure.


I dont see how mafia cant abuse this liberty.
They tunnel a guy, then nuke him. And we dont lynch him

Policy regarding nukes, if you launch one, you are scum bro.

Maybe an addendum:

If you launch one, and you hit town, then you get lynched no questions asked.

Still doesn't make me feel the happy-haps. I disagree with you when you say that you weren't the guy who suggest lynching folks who hit town.

Fe fi fo fum.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 05 2013 19:56 GMT
#839
On April 06 2013 04:55 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 04:45 Keirathi wrote:
On April 06 2013 04:35 austinmcc wrote:
I don't mind the caller arguing with Keirathi.

Do you think he has a point? Do you think I am scum?
I do think he has some points. I think you're worth watching, but more for non-caller reasons.

This post:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 15:26 Keirathi wrote:
On April 05 2013 15:24 Oatsmaster wrote:
If someone from town does pick this, you will 100% be held accountable for your shots. If you're going to use it, you better be DAMN sure.


I dont see how mafia cant abuse this liberty.
They tunnel a guy, then nuke him. And we dont lynch him

Policy regarding nukes, if you launch one, you are scum bro.

Maybe an addendum:

If you launch one, and you hit town, then you get lynched no questions asked.

Still doesn't make me feel the happy-haps. I disagree with you when you say that you weren't the guy who suggest lynching folks who hit town.


I said I wasn't the one who suggested policy lynching people for using nukes. After Oats suggested it, I did suggest the addendum, obviously.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 05 2013 20:07 GMT
#840
And an aside:

It was a policy to police ONE role (well maybe 2...depends on how Russia works). A role with which no townie SHOULD be shooting anyways.

Why are you so adamantly against that? It doesn't make sense, unless you're posturing to protect yourself/someone who is planning to pick America.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 210 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 524
GuemChi 446
Leta 359
sSak 37
Bale 33
sorry 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 11
910 8
Dota 2
febbydoto19
League of Legends
JimRising 548
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss433
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King131
Other Games
summit1g8386
ceh9456
Happy447
olofmeister412
Trikslyr21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick498
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast38
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2236
League of Legends
• Stunt403
Other Games
• Shiphtur473
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 36m
Patches Events
8h 36m
The PondCast
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.