• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:16
CEST 18:16
KST 01:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9975 users

Boardwalk Empire Mafia: Pick Your Power - Page 204

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 202 203 204 205 206 210 Next
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 18 2013 03:40 GMT
#4061
On April 18 2013 12:35 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
like I PM'd him immediately following his death, nuking austin is legitimately the dumbest thing I've ever done here and I can't express enough regret.

I was SO frustrated by that nuke. I thought austin was an amazingly good check; he had a reasonable chance of being scum based on the day 1 flips, and on the flip side, if he was town, he was one of our most active posters and thinking the hardest about the game, so giving him legitimacy would have helped to keep thread atmosphere up. Ah well
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Shelvocke
Profile Joined March 2013
Grenada70 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 03:46:04
April 18 2013 03:42 GMT
#4062
On April 18 2013 12:28 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2013 12:19 Mocsta wrote:
Awesome

This was embarrassing, but at least we got there.

Fuck face should have conceded. Game took forever


Why would he concede when you had pinned yamato and sinani as mafia because BM put them apart in similar intervals in his post or stuff like that?

If he wasn't SO LAZY he would have won to be honest. Like....if he had tried to appear active and contribute and call people out and post stupid speculation he could have gotten to LYLO


It wasn't about laziness. I was just incredibly busy during most of this game. I don't remember what my skype password is, so Artanis can share the skype logs if he has them.

mafia qt: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/BZgPPac7S43T7
Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 18 2013 03:48 GMT
#4063
The post where you guys break down town is hilariously accurate:

17. yamato77 - seems to be reaching for information anywhere he can get it outside of talking to people, might be a byproduct of mocsta being a bully


Like I said, it got old very quickly.
Writer@WriterYamato
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
April 18 2013 03:51 GMT
#4064
the worst part is that with the exception of the nuke I actually would have had a pretty good game but when something goes wrong on that scale I just kinda pussy out of everything else...
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 03:52:53
April 18 2013 03:52 GMT
#4065
Dammit BC why did you have to babysit scum all over the role picking phase?

Should have made the information about the "character bonus" thing public (like "Gangster"="More KP stuff for role X Y and Z", etc)
I had no idea Gangster DIDNT have any synergy with Jack (considering it has 2 KP), or what synergy other roles had (like BM's for instance, which was the most important one)
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 18 2013 03:52 GMT
#4066
Mocsta: My "message" to you was this. From my filter, the first thing we discussed:

On April 04 2013 21:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:

Show nested quote +
On April 04 2013 21:22 Mocsta wrote:
On April 04 2013 21:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On April 04 2013 21:17 Caller wrote:
what i mean by it tis simple: any vt's claim their intended role, some mafia claim another role that may or may not exist. or maybe they claim a role a higher mafia picked, or they share a pick with a vt. who knows. all that does is give mafia a list of roles in the game, and it does zog all for us.

Absolutely correct. You have no way of telling who is telling the truth and you might end up lynching a lot of good town roles just to figure out who is lying.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=403766&currentpage=11#206

As I mentioned prior.

So far, I disagree.

i think this provides us a tool with which to facilitate scum hunting at some point in the game.

To use the claimed VT information to confirm people is ridiculous. - If that is your fixation, then I can see your point of view clearly.

Let's say you try to pick CPRdoctor as #3. You get vanilla. You claim you tried to pick CPRdoctor and that you didn't get it when D1 starts. Scum have a member in #1 or #2. You just gave out the town CPRdoc. Scum can even random a kill on #1 or #2 and if the CPRdoc flips town, you have no way of knowing if the other guy is mafia, if the #3 picker is mafia. What's next? Do you kill those guys too? Just to be sure they are not lying?

If not, why did you gave out scum role information in the first place?

It was really funny that this was 100% what happened, and i think you (or someone) would have picked up the pieces when i flipped vanilla. :D
Obviously you didn't get what i was trying to say in case i die as someone decided it was a good idea to jan N1 flips as town.

gg, it was a funny game!
table for two on a tv tray
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 18 2013 03:55 GMT
#4067
Who was Shevlocke?
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
April 18 2013 03:58 GMT
#4068
I'm reading the obs qt... gonzaw I'm sorry for being dumb
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 04:12:57
April 18 2013 04:12 GMT
#4069
Nah don't worry MZ, you were the "least" dumb out of so many people

You were right about both Artanis and Shevlocke pretty early (unlike so many people, including me).

....you dun goofed with that nuke though
(you weren't that much of an impact in the game either which was such a shame. You could have been more active, or try to be more influential and shit and become the 4th Hero of the game )
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 18 2013 04:28 GMT
#4070
Also I would have liked your nuke being on scum on D1

In hindsight I should have shot artanis, then austin would be assassin and he could shoot someone D1 and either kill scum or confirm them, then MZ shooting another scum, Palmar emperoring another scum, and we lynching another scum
That would have been sweet
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
April 18 2013 04:32 GMT
#4071
So D0/D1 played decently... Past that not so much. Maybe next game I'll make it to N2 before I start sucking.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 18 2013 04:43 GMT
#4072
On April 18 2013 12:52 gonzaw wrote:
Dammit BC why did you have to babysit scum all over the role picking phase?

Should have made the information about the "character bonus" thing public (like "Gangster"="More KP stuff for role X Y and Z", etc)
I had no idea Gangster DIDNT have any synergy with Jack (considering it has 2 KP), or what synergy other roles had (like BM's for instance, which was the most important one)


yeah this was kind of ridiculous, scum had so much more information about the setup than town did... but it's a pyp game ->open setup :/
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 18 2013 04:43 GMT
#4073
I liked just how so many town reads I (and many others I assume) could get on those Draft/Rolepicking phases

For instance:

On April 05 2013 02:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Combine Vivax' + Geript's ideas and let these guys pick [1][1], [2][1], [3][1], [4][1], [5][1] (everyone else picks [6->] [X]):
raynpelikoneet
Geript
yamato
Mocsta
Sharrant


Argee or not? If not, why?



For all I was trying to be "wise" and shit....this seemed like the perfect plan to me and I would have gambled anything to set it or any similar plan through.
I had ZERO reasons for thinking any of those players were scum at the time, they were like confirmed town from then on.
Could you say the same in any other game....BEFORE DAY ONE STARTS? I don't think so

(I was sad nobody followed this plan though. It was pretty bitching in my mind, and you would have avoided scum being in top 5 like OO or VE)

Best pre-D1 ever in my mind


One of the things I learned in other games and it reinforces it here as town is: Your memory sucks

You may think someone is like confirmed town at some point in time, but time goes on, you start getting doubts and insecurities and you can't even remember why they were so fucking town in the first place.

I'm sure this is what happened with lots of townies in those last days, where you just look at some general plays and insecurities you have about certain players and go "yeah this guy can be scum kill him".
If you had the fresh memories of that player's play from D0, D1, N1, etc you wouldn't say the same thing.

It kind of sucks, and it certainly happened to me in previous games (in obs qt it happened to me as well, but there I didn't even read filters and didn't give a fuck so I'm justified )
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 04:46:21
April 18 2013 04:44 GMT
#4074
On April 18 2013 13:43 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2013 12:52 gonzaw wrote:
Dammit BC why did you have to babysit scum all over the role picking phase?

Should have made the information about the "character bonus" thing public (like "Gangster"="More KP stuff for role X Y and Z", etc)
I had no idea Gangster DIDNT have any synergy with Jack (considering it has 2 KP), or what synergy other roles had (like BM's for instance, which was the most important one)


yeah this was kind of ridiculous, scum had so much more information about the setup than town did... but it's a pyp game ->open setup :/


At the very least BC could have put the correct roles in the OP >_> <_<
(Assassin and Framer I'm looking at you)
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 18 2013 04:46 GMT
#4075
I'd like to think I drove the discussions that gave you those townreads in the early game. I tryharded the pick phase just because I knew it would help a lot in that area.
Writer@WriterYamato
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 18 2013 04:48 GMT
#4076
Yeah, you, rayn, and others obviously made that possible which was good play at that time
I didn't even post that much (was busy those days) but could easily read what you guys were doing, so good job.


Not only that, by doing what you did you basically lent me Artanis on a silver plate. By just skimming his posts about plans and your posts, or Mocsta's, or rayn's, or geript's, etc I (and others like MZ) could easily catch him just by comparison (and that was basically my whole case against him, or the most predominant part).

Hmm...I'm just going to conclude that BC babysitted scum so much and gave them so much info and changed roles/mechanics to be as anti-town as possible because he knew this scumteam didn't have a chance against us
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
April 18 2013 04:49 GMT
#4077
I think I need to follow and track my town reads more.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
April 18 2013 05:04 GMT
#4078
I'm just annoyed at myself for derping so hard late game.

Caller can call me shite whatevs, I don't regret shooting decon. Hopefully next time I can recognise better blue vs scum lurking.

But yeah def deeper into the game derped hard, was a combo of demotivation and laziness. Prob more lazy, we all got like that towards the end.

But its really frustrating when someone puts ideas in the thread and you see ppl just shoot it down by saying "lol" or "you are an idiot". It was a recurring theme this game, and does create a negative vibe. And yes, I think I was guilty of it too at times.

Didn't think I was a bully though.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 18 2013 05:08 GMT
#4079
On April 18 2013 13:49 geript wrote:
I think I need to follow and track my town reads more.

Yeah, I think most people could.

It is funny though, when I look back at my reads during day 2/3, I see myself being right on all my townreads, and reaching the correct conclusion that both OO and Shelvocke were likely mafia.

Notably, I was also correctly suspicious of BM because I knew something was fishy when someone was afraid of claiming Justice Vigi.

I was wrong about M_Z and Sinani on D2, but they were both in the same sort of "nullish" category as the rest. This was also before sinani's claim and his actions that let us ignore him for all intents and purposes.

D1 my reads were meh, but I sheeped gonzaw at the right time for the right reasons. Me moving my vote off Artanis came at a time when most of the thread started doubting him, so I don't feel that bad about it.

Palmar/Caller/Gonzaw all MVP-worthy, IMO.

Keir also carried lategame until he died, so props to him, too.
Writer@WriterYamato
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 18 2013 05:11 GMT
#4080
I should have just listened to sinani and shoot BM when he told me to

I was SO planning on doing that just for the lulz
Prev 1 202 203 204 205 206 210 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech156
UpATreeSC 92
BRAT_OK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4769
Bisu 1819
Soulkey 1461
EffOrt 856
Mini 609
Horang2 378
Larva 372
ZerO 334
actioN 243
ggaemo 208
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 131
Yoon 109
Mind 97
Shinee 83
Sharp 69
hero 67
Sea.KH 65
sorry 63
Barracks 56
Snow 53
Hyun 41
Bale 30
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 24
Terrorterran 19
NaDa 18
Rock 16
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 12
Noble 11
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5434
qojqva2660
Dendi1268
420jenkins297
XaKoH 42
League of Legends
Reynor66
Counter-Strike
fl0m2943
x6flipin845
Fnx 689
edward43
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes370
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1329
hiko981
B2W.Neo428
FrodaN389
DeMusliM285
XBOCT232
Liquid`VortiX197
Livibee164
QueenE106
TKL 74
Mew2King44
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV143
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 46
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV606
League of Legends
• Nemesis3886
• TFBlade732
Other Games
• Shiphtur457
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 44m
Patches Events
23h 44m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.