• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:23
CEST 23:23
KST 06:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8342 users

Boardwalk Empire Mafia: Pick Your Power - Page 206

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 204 205 206 207 208 210 Next
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 18 2013 11:36 GMT
#4101
The level of your underestimation approximates over nine thousand.
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
April 18 2013 11:56 GMT
#4102
2/10 may play again
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 18 2013 11:58 GMT
#4103
On April 18 2013 16:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Keirathi's case against me on D1 was really well thought out (despite him being wrong on it) and looked like made in obv-townish mindset. His check + reasons and reaction to to MZ's nuke on Austin was no way what scum would do, at least after Austin flipped. I kinda stopped watching the game at that point. But that's what came to my mind.


yeah apart from anything else there was no reason at all Kei should be mafia after this.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 18 2013 12:07 GMT
#4104
Next time I want to mason with caller. Or Hydra with Dandel. Those sound like a lotta fun.

GG was a good time. At some point I got hit with that depression hammer. Must have been Monday. Second game as mafia, still not completely wrapping my head around how to do that and still look like town from RED.

I am less sure about my meta read of Artanis pointing to scum but I already knew he was, obviously. Just ended up wanting to ride the town credit since we were pretty sure he was a foregone conclusion.

Sorry to BM for basically going AFK at that point. We did have a great conversation over Skype and found out he was a day older than me .

Sign up for LXI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 18 2013 12:08 GMT
#4105
And a big thanks to BC for hosting and Kurumi for being Polish!
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 18 2013 12:20 GMT
#4106
On April 07 2013 15:52 gonzaw wrote:
Artanis[Xp], seems you should have gone with Artanis[Win 7] instead, because you seem more like Artanis[Vista] to me



Decided to read gonzaw's case because I couldn't be bothered at the time. Glad I did for this little gem at the end.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 18 2013 12:22 GMT
#4107
On April 18 2013 21:07 ObviousOne wrote:

GG was a good time. At some point I got hit with that depression hammer. Must have been Monday. Second game as mafia, still not completely wrapping my head around how to do that and still look like town from RED.



Well, here's somewhere to start. Don't say things like "can't really be fucked to play at all, this game is boring, see you tomorrow."


[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
April 18 2013 12:25 GMT
#4108
Quick skim through like the first half of the obs QT, I have no idea why people were such negative nacies//scum thought they might win this.

I didn't feel like we were even able to lose, pretty much all the time ever since the d1 double-lynch.
What came after was just going through the motions and checking down the carpet-bombing list I had in my mind.

People need to be more, like, positive and shit.

The game wasn't exactly fun to play in, thanks to a select few players in it, but it was a locked in win all the way.

OPTIMISM, guys.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 18 2013 12:31 GMT
#4109
On April 18 2013 21:22 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2013 21:07 ObviousOne wrote:

GG was a good time. At some point I got hit with that depression hammer. Must have been Monday. Second game as mafia, still not completely wrapping my head around how to do that and still look like town from RED.



Well, here's somewhere to start. Don't say things like "can't really be fucked to play at all, this game is boring, see you tomorrow."



LOL yeah one of my multitude of regrets.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
April 18 2013 13:02 GMT
#4110
oh yea: mason QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/q6GBiAYETiCJX

I just used it to flame people, before I got there, there was actual content and shit.
Not important, so I never bothered copy-pasting it.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
April 18 2013 13:06 GMT
#4111
On April 18 2013 22:02 Dandel Ion wrote:
oh yea: mason QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/q6GBiAYETiCJX

I just used it to flame people, before I got there, there was actual content and shit.
Not important, so I never bothered copy-pasting it.

Um yeah.

Nothing personal, its just a game

No gg, No skill.
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
April 18 2013 13:08 GMT
#4112
you guys really worried us that you were going to throw the game
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 18 2013 13:10 GMT
#4113
I wish to subscribe to dandel's mafia tips newsletter. Is there a lifetime subscription model?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 18 2013 13:11 GMT
#4114
GG folks. Big thanks to BC and Kurumi for hosting. Regardless of flak about roles or powers or handholding, this game took a bunch of legwork and it was greatly appreciated. Except the part where you saw MZ's nuke post and nuked me, that bit of hosting was sadface.


I'd agree with syllo on the role stuff, in fact. From reading the other PYP games, scum is at a huge disadvantage these games compared to normal, because they can actually get 100% caught based on claims/roles sometimes. Even in a themed game they usually have safe fakeclaims, or town-aligned character names, or something like that. Here there are NO protections like that. As best I can tell, some of the roles that were added were meant to address that somewhat - BC, thief, roleswapper, to make claiming less bad for scum, and I'd be interested to see how this might have played out if scum had gone for thief/roleswapper, traded some early KP for some messing with the roles, although, tbh, we didn't get much out of the claims except for "injustice vig."

I don't think I'd have been quite as townie on D2 if I weren't set to die. I do think that Keirathi's check and reasoning on me made sense, but I also have played with him and could kind of understand his desire to check me under the circumstances. I could see that making less sense if you haven't played with him/us. Sorry for not scumhunting more D2, I felt like I was active but not actually pushing the game forward and I didn't use my soon-to-be-guaranteed-towniness as much as I should. My b. And yeah, the nuke and reaction, especially hoping I wouldn't be nuked because of misspelling my name, was actually kind of funny.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 18 2013 13:19 GMT
#4115
On April 18 2013 16:28 geript wrote:
Can people tell me what I obviously missed about why Kei was town? How do you find a way to overlook a bad early game to focus on the obvious other points?
The way I was viewing it, he felt town because of his check but also just...nobody was really sharing your suspicions. And keirathi was either faking a check on my for no good reason or to save a scumbuddy, because there's just not much reason for him to fake check town as scum if he's not a DT (risks there being a real NKVD agent).

So if I flip scum off the nuke, maybe he just got caught. If I flip town off the nuke, then it's LIKELY that he's not faking his check and had good reason to check me and is town.

Honestly, that's what I was looking at with both sn0 and keirathi. I had information on sn0 that I didn't want to give out - knowing he was an inventor, knowing that he invented a DT check instead of KP (scum probably invents KP or lynchproof vests or something less townie). My flip would confirm that I actually had that information, and would tell you something about keirathi as well.

At the very least, then, when I was 100% slated to die at the end of the cycle, I don't think you should be trying to build and push reads on keirathi or sn0, because you're about to get guaranteed information there given that janitor was already blown and I'd flip. You were discarding information that would become public knowledge, discarding my play during D2, and you thinking they were both scummy sort of required you thinking that I was scum and lying about stuff, when I was going to die and flip and get revealed and all the lying would be worthless. No real reason for scum to be active and lie, because it gets them NOTHING at the end of cycle when the nuke hits.

Tbh, kei was mildly suspicious D1 to me. I didn't have a fully town vibe on him until seeing his check on me, and seeing some of his posts D2. To me, beyond reasons he was town, there were just reasons not to worry about him during D2, because if I were actually green come the flips, his actions wouldn't have made sense as scum.
Fe fi fo fum.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 13:22:52
April 18 2013 13:22 GMT
#4116
On April 18 2013 22:10 ObviousOne wrote:
I wish to subscribe to dandel's mafia tips newsletter. Is there a lifetime subscription model?

They're real secret.

That's why i dont coach.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 18 2013 13:26 GMT
#4117
On April 06 2013 11:04 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 11:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On April 06 2013 10:59 austinmcc wrote:
On April 06 2013 10:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I think you are being stupid without saying anything.
I think he's providing a decent service to town for now, regardless of his alignment.

Anyone know if RO is a smurf or new?

Huh. How exactly is BM doing ANYTHING that helps town?
Point it out to me.
I'll point it out postgame if you'd like. For now I'm not going to.

rayn, you asked me this and I didn't respond. Also I sort of ended up 100% wrong.

BM got active at some point D1 just flinging around scum accusations based on associations and how people were acting towards each other in thread. X defended Y, Z noted that A was scum if something particular happened, blah blah blah - + Show Spoiler +
On April 06 2013 08:29 Bill Murray wrote:
Artanis is scum with Keirathi
GG

On April 06 2013 08:36 Bill Murray wrote:
VE and Geript look bad over an associative tell
that actually changes my FoS

On April 06 2013 10:24 Bill Murray wrote:
FoS Restraining Order
VE is town and scum are trying to get a D1 lynch on him

On April 06 2013 10:36 Bill Murray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 10:08 ObviousOne wrote:
On April 06 2013 10:06 Restraining Order wrote:
On April 06 2013 10:03 ObviousOne wrote:
EBWOP: Oops, looks like I miscounted, make that 10.

No, it's 9.

I have no idea where VE got the Caller thing from, and it's sad you just take his word.

If I've misread it please tell me how. It won't be the first time. I spent like 24 hours in Fruity misreading every little thing so just straighten me out instead of spitting in my face, thx.

this looks like restraining order is chastising his mafia partner here
if RO is scum, so is OO


He also did it a couple other times, calling out snb as mafia if someone else were mafia, etc.


I read those posts as very townie because the thread wasn't super scumhunty when he was posting, it was before Gonzaw's case and a lot of the actual discussion and voting on D1. I really liked that someone was coming in and accusing a bunch of people in this weird associative manner, because I was thinking that if he ever actually hit on scum, or anything true, maybe there would be an odd reaction that we could pick out later. Like, if he actually finds an odd interaction between two scumbuddies partway through D1, maybe they overreact or something.

I think I overvalued what might fall out of his accusations, but I also made the same error that I did with my read on Artanis. BM was throwing around all these scumreads, making all these associations, but didn't actually do anything with any of them. Over time, as he didn't attempt to draw any conclusions from what he shook out of his posts, I should have been less and less townie on him, because it was that whole lack of conviction/pushing thing that mocsta was riding me on over artanis. But in general, I felt that I had seen BM post like this before when he was town, and I thought that the overall effect of those posts was townie - stir things up, maybe make scum nervous, maybe create associations to mine later on in the game.
Fe fi fo fum.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 18 2013 13:33 GMT
#4118
Those things are all pretty null to start with unless they're pursued / reasons given.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 18 2013 13:39 GMT
#4119
On April 18 2013 22:33 marvellosity wrote:
Those things are all pretty null to start with unless they're pursued / reasons given.
I saw his reasoning behind each of them, based on what posts those players had just made in threads, at least...saw how he was drawing his associations.

But yeah, definitely less townie than I gave him credit for given the lack of pursuit.
Fe fi fo fum.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 18 2013 14:09 GMT
#4120
Yeah austin the question was pretty much because i've no idea how BM plays and how could he possibly think. I didn't look into it much further on D1 as wanted to do other stuff aswell. I was hoping someone would explain if someone saw the reasoning behind the stuff he said.
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 204 205 206 207 208 210 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 253
Nina 117
SteadfastSC 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2378
910 60
Bale 13
Super Smash Bros
PPMD52
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1237
Other Games
summit1g6901
Grubby2332
shahzam620
C9.Mang0192
UpATreeSC58
Liquid`Ken3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 71
• Hupsaiya 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 32
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21189
Other Games
• imaqtpie880
• Shiphtur295
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 37m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 37m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.