• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:40
CEST 10:40
KST 17:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7219 users

Boardwalk Empire Mafia: Pick Your Power - Page 208

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 206 207 208 209 210 Next
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
April 18 2013 15:47 GMT
#4141
On April 19 2013 00:46 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Nah Caller, town won because town spammed the shit out of the thread and scum went afk (with the exception of BM) until it was too late.
Then afked some more.

im sorry i cant hear you over the sound of you being mad
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 18 2013 15:49 GMT
#4142
On April 19 2013 00:42 austinmcc wrote:
D0 being the pregame?

Before roles were given.

On April 19 2013 00:43 Caller wrote:
stop talking about how bad these guys were and more about how awesome me + goznaw + palmar were
NEED EPEEN

You were all awesome. Besides you calling me scum on N1. :D
table for two on a tv tray
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 18 2013 15:51 GMT
#4143
On April 19 2013 00:47 Caller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2013 00:46 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Nah Caller, town won because town spammed the shit out of the thread and scum went afk (with the exception of BM) until it was too late.
Then afked some more.

im sorry i cant hear you over the sound of you being mad

I think your inability to hear me has more to do with the fact that you're dead
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 18 2013 15:51 GMT
#4144
Oh yea, @scum:

I'm assuming rayn was shot because you thought he was inventor?
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 15:53:20
April 18 2013 15:53 GMT
#4145
On April 19 2013 00:51 Keirathi wrote:
Oh yea, @scum:

I'm assuming rayn was shot because you thought he was inventor?

That was my intention, to get shot on N1, as i did not get the CPRdoc. I breadcrumbed Mocsta what role did i try to pick but the jan screwed that up. :/

I was kinda sure the guy from top 2 picked CPR was scum, just couldn't figure out which one of those two it was. :/
table for two on a tv tray
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 18 2013 15:55 GMT
#4146
On April 19 2013 00:53 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2013 00:51 Keirathi wrote:
Oh yea, @scum:

I'm assuming rayn was shot because you thought he was inventor?

That was my intention, to get shot on N1, as i did not get the CPRdoc. I breadcrumbed Mocsta what role did i try to pick but the jan screwed that up. :/

I was kinda sure the guy from top 2 picked CPR was scum, just couldn't figure out which one of those two it was. :/

If only you had actually flipped sn0 gave me an excellent hint that he was inventor, so my townread on him strengthened like 10x. If I had known you tried for CPR, I would have been much more certain about OO.


Oh yea, @Moc:

On April 13 2013 11:42 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2013 11:08 Keirathi wrote:
Something I've been pondering:

BM says his role was renamed to Injustice Vig. What does that imply?

A justice vig can only shoot scum, or he dies. Can an Injustice Vig only shoot town, or he dies? If he's town, that's a terrible "character theme" power. But it could make the JV role pickable for scum, if they were thorough enough to ask about it before the picking phase ended.

Thats the biggest bunch of WIFOM malarkey I have read this game.


My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 15:57:38
April 18 2013 15:57 GMT
#4147
Yeah i should have claimed what i tried to pick and that i got vanilla when decon said he used the jan in thread.. Oh well, didn't think of that then.
table for two on a tv tray
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
April 18 2013 15:58 GMT
#4148
I find it funny that 2 townies who tried to deny scum roles (CPR and NRA) were both 1 pick below the scum who got said roles.

I also find it funny that exactly 1 person (me) submitted inventor. I meant what I said pre-game (that I didn't really want to be inventor). I ended up deciding that as 1st overall pick I kinda had to take it, but it was close for a bit.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 18 2013 16:00 GMT
#4149
On April 19 2013 00:58 Sn0_Man wrote:
I find it funny that 2 townies who tried to deny scum roles (CPR and NRA) were both 1 pick below the scum who got said roles.

I also find it funny that exactly 1 person (me) submitted inventor. I meant what I said pre-game (that I didn't really want to be inventor). I ended up deciding that as 1st overall pick I kinda had to take it, but it was close for a bit.

I was gonna shoot scum with CPR.

You kinda implied (that's what i thought) that you picked a KP role, that's why i wasn't sure of you and OO although i was leaning on OO being more likely scum than you by the end of N1.
table for two on a tv tray
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 16:02:05
April 18 2013 16:01 GMT
#4150
Also: No one actually took Assassin :o

Artanis took Godfather, whose Kingpin bonuse was the get the abilities of whatever role he chose to appear as.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 18 2013 16:03 GMT
#4151
all your best analysis always dismissed as wifom, kei
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 18 2013 16:05 GMT
#4152
Nobody took assassin, BC, priest, thief/roleswapper.

Only one person grabbed JOAT which was loaded. Only one person tried for inventor (so many people spoke up about it that it looks like almost everyone thought it wasn't worth trying). Nobody else went for copycat, which I remembered being something people cared about in PYP2. Nobody went for Ver.

Really surprising.


I kind of wondered how a role that either just (1) gets told what roles were leftover and unclaimed or (2) gets told what roles were leftover and unclaimed, and gets to pick a role from that list would work. It's possible you could only give that to mafia, because it would make the game much harder for them if it were in town hands probably, but it seemed like a role that would be super powerful within the confines of a PYP game and yet could be set to not actually take any direct action, just get information.
Fe fi fo fum.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 18 2013 16:16 GMT
#4153
On April 19 2013 01:03 marvellosity wrote:
all your best analysis always dismissed as wifom, kei

Too true
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
April 18 2013 16:16 GMT
#4154
I originally planned to pick priest (I'm not getting NK'd early anyways) or maybe witch because I figured nobody else would, but then I got distracted by thinking I should pick GF, then I got distracted by thinking that Framer could actually misdirect actions. Turns out it just makes it look like it in a game without watchers/trackers (wat)

Oh well.
We won!
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
April 18 2013 16:24 GMT
#4155
I'm also happy I didn't get mislynched. Palmar seemed to wish for my lynch rather too much night 1.

Still never mislynched yay.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 18 2013 17:24 GMT
#4156
On April 19 2013 01:24 Sn0_Man wrote:
I'm also happy I didn't get mislynched. Palmar seemed to wish for my lynch rather too much night 1.

Still never mislynched yay.



I was in full troll mode n1.

Also I thought about taking ver but I figured someone above me would take it. I also wanted assassin to kill VE 5 minutes into day 1 but again thought I'd never get it.

Also I found the goddamn emperor somewhat fitting for me. I'm going to petition for a name change for that role to be Palmar.
Computer says mafia
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 18 2013 17:44 GMT
#4157
On April 19 2013 01:01 Keirathi wrote:
Also: No one actually took Assassin :o

Artanis took Godfather, whose Kingpin bonuse was the get the abilities of whatever role he chose to appear as.


wtf

so had a townie got Assassin and "denied" it from scum....Artanis would still have gotten it?
lol

@syllo: I agree that town shouldn't be given ALL the info EVER, but they SHOULD be given the exact guidelines of how the game works.
PYP has "set" standards and NEVER deviates from those. From the OP, the only thing different where the "extra benefits" thing from chars, nothing else.
I think that bit of information was not enough to change people's mind about how this game actually worked (i.e basically every role was different).
If not people WILL follow the guidelines from normal PYP games (why?.....because this is a PYP game) and then you'll end up with shitty speculation and cring-worthy posts and shit going on which is basically annoying as fuck.

In "normal" themed games that doesn't happen because everybody knows the guidelines from the get-go: "anything can happen in the game"

You don't change paradigms and shit like that. It'd be like changing roles mid-game in a Normal Mini Mafia or something.

Having a deceiving OP is also not cool :/
At the very least you can tell town: Not all roles in the OP are as they seem so they know what to expect/not to expect. I don't remember anything like that in there
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 18 2013 17:51 GMT
#4158
On April 19 2013 02:44 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2013 01:01 Keirathi wrote:
Also: No one actually took Assassin :o

Artanis took Godfather, whose Kingpin bonuse was the get the abilities of whatever role he chose to appear as.


wtf

so had a townie got Assassin and "denied" it from scum....Artanis would still have gotten it?
lol

Yep.

As far as the rest of your post, my character theme was Kingpin so I got bonuses to "Traditional Mafia" roles. I asked about a few, and they just seemed like simple bonuses: an extra roleblock, extra voterigger, etc. Sadly I didn't actually ask about godfather (not that I could have gotten it anyway with Artanis taking it). Just asking about that would have made me realize just how much the bonuses could change the roles.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 18 2013 17:54 GMT
#4159
On April 19 2013 02:24 Palmar wrote:

Also I found the goddamn emperor somewhat fitting for me. I'm going to petition for a name change for that role to be Palmar.


I said to BC that I thought you chose that role just for the name :x
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
April 18 2013 18:04 GMT
#4160
Next time, just call it Bastard Empire Mafia: PYP, so people know what they're getting into.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Prev 1 206 207 208 209 210 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 690
actioN 461
Mong 213
Dewaltoss 109
BeSt 99
Killer 82
sSak 67
Aegong 35
ZergMaN 32
Bale 32
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 26
sorry 19
yabsab 13
Noble 9
League of Legends
JimRising 454
Counter-Strike
byalli578
Other Games
summit1g9370
olofmeister951
Happy344
Sick190
crisheroes174
KnowMe92
Pyrionflax10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick667
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos830
• Stunt543
Other Games
• WagamamaTV71
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 20m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2h 20m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 20m
Replay Cast
14h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.