• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:19
CEST 17:19
KST 00:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9191 users

Boardwalk Empire Mafia: Pick Your Power - Page 207

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 205 206 207 208 209 210 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 18 2013 14:11 GMT
#4121
Well when Palmar died and it was pretty obvious he was town, people shouldn't have forgotten:

On April 06 2013 20:55 Palmar wrote:
@Mocsta:

BM is scum. he adds nothing at all with his posts which (surprisingly enough) is actually very uncharacteristic for him if he's town.

Just based on content alone he's really not doing much except giving out a townread on VE based on meta for whatever reason.

In order to see whether there was a difference or not, I went to BC's arkham city, an old game but one with mechanics to deal with and BM playing town, and his posting there couldn't be more different from what he's doing here, or well... it could, but then it wouldn't be BM anymore.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
April 18 2013 14:15 GMT
#4122
Well, the BM stuff was self-resolving, so I didn't care about it.

no dead scum = lynch BM

easy.

We had the time to wait it out, instead of wasting brainpower on it.
And our town brainpower was very limited in the first place.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
April 18 2013 14:24 GMT
#4123
Yay GG we win.

On April 18 2013 23:15 Dandel Ion wrote:
Well, the BM stuff was self-resolving, so I didn't care about it.

This was exactly my take on it. Caller was mad in the OBS QT that we believed BM but we really didn't, we just knew that if scum didn't die he had out-and-out scumclaimed. If he had correctly claimed the town bonus for his role instead of one he made up (obviously he might not have known what the town bonus was) he may have been able to wriggle out of a lynch, but unlikely.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
April 18 2013 14:28 GMT
#4124
On April 18 2013 23:24 Sn0_Man wrote:
Yay GG we win.

Show nested quote +
On April 18 2013 23:15 Dandel Ion wrote:
Well, the BM stuff was self-resolving, so I didn't care about it.

This was exactly my take on it. Caller was mad in the OBS QT that we believed BM but we really didn't, we just knew that if scum didn't die he had out-and-out scumclaimed. If he had correctly claimed the town bonus for his role instead of one he made up (obviously he might not have known what the town bonus was) he may have been able to wriggle out of a lynch, but unlikely.

yet at the same time certain people were building connection cases out of me being mafia
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
April 18 2013 14:29 GMT
#4125
On April 18 2013 23:28 Caller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2013 23:24 Sn0_Man wrote:
Yay GG we win.

On April 18 2013 23:15 Dandel Ion wrote:
Well, the BM stuff was self-resolving, so I didn't care about it.

This was exactly my take on it. Caller was mad in the OBS QT that we believed BM but we really didn't, we just knew that if scum didn't die he had out-and-out scumclaimed. If he had correctly claimed the town bonus for his role instead of one he made up (obviously he might not have known what the town bonus was) he may have been able to wriggle out of a lynch, but unlikely.

yet at the same time certain people were building connection cases out of me being mafia

refer to:
On April 18 2013 23:15 Dandel Ion wrote:
And our town brainpower was very limited in the first place.

A backwards poet writes inverse.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
April 18 2013 14:30 GMT
#4126
Seriously, I advise people to get a read on mocsta (which is pretty easy just based on meta) and then never read a post he writes ever again.

It worked wonders for my sanity.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
April 18 2013 14:51 GMT
#4127
Dandel you're really being an ass
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
April 18 2013 14:54 GMT
#4128
Yes.
And I'm already restraining myself.

It's really a problem.
But dw I'm working on it.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 14:58:12
April 18 2013 14:56 GMT
#4129
e: actually not going to get involved
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 18 2013 15:06 GMT
#4130
Well, Dandel, next time you have the urge to call everyone in the thread stupid while you're still alive in the game, channel that into making good analysis in a well thought out post and perhaps you can change the thread atmosphere.

Reading that QT was painful, because you called everyone bad and dumb but you did nothing to help whatsoever. I told people in thread why I felt the way I did and attempted to get them to think more rationally. Only difference being, everyone just called me mafia for no good reason so they don't listen to me. You being semi-confirmed through masoning gave you a position to talk town out of arguing with each other endlessly, but instead of doing that you just shit-talked in your QT like you were obsing the game.

Maybe I'm just too angry about this game in general, but reading that after going through this game just rubbed me the wrong way. I know I argued with people in the game, and quite a bit. I'm making an active effort to be less abrasive. What did you do to change thread atmosphere? If anything, your condescending attitude only made it worse.

Whatever, I'm going to stop here. I've been scalded for acting superior to the thread, and rightly so. Take responsibility for your role in the game.
Writer@WriterYamato
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 18 2013 15:17 GMT
#4131
For what it's worth, yamato, I found you more easy to read and deal with this game than past ones. There are a couple players that I just don't have a good handle on and always seem to disagree with/be scummy on, and you've fallen into that category a couple games. This game wasn't one of them.

I dunno how much of the crappy play this game can be attributed to taking a big lead early on, also. It shouldn't, but gets you (or at least me) into the mindset of the game being somewhat easy to win and not requiring the normal amount of actual work.
Fe fi fo fum.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 18 2013 15:18 GMT
#4132
Why did people think geript, Mocsta, yamato and sharrant were scum after D0?
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 18 2013 15:19 GMT
#4133
On April 19 2013 00:17 austinmcc wrote:
For what it's worth, yamato, I found you more easy to read and deal with this game than past ones. There are a couple players that I just don't have a good handle on and always seem to disagree with/be scummy on, and you've fallen into that category a couple games. This game wasn't one of them.

I dunno how much of the crappy play this game can be attributed to taking a big lead early on, also. It shouldn't, but gets you (or at least me) into the mindset of the game being somewhat easy to win and not requiring the normal amount of actual work.


I think this factors quite heavily actually.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
April 18 2013 15:20 GMT
#4134
I only flamed people in the QT and not in thread?
Oh, and I didn't troll at all.
That should be enough.

I'm not responisble for holding people's hands, and I can't make people smarter, especially not when I know they won't listen to me anyways.

Maybe I sounded harsher than intended @moc, after all, being obvious town is like half of what you can ever recieve from any player (the other half being scumreads)

But I don't play mafia to be a nanny for other people.

This game just confirms my problem I already identified earlier in my 'career' - which is that I get too invested, and subsequently mad at people, if I try to "properly" play a game. Thus, I'll go back to not playing games "properly". Else it's no fun for anybody involved.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 18 2013 15:38 GMT
#4135
Just make an effort to be less abrasive, and it will help improve. You don't have to not care about the game for it to not frustrate you.
Writer@WriterYamato
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 18 2013 15:41 GMT
#4136
I'm not sure exactly what your problem with Moc was. I found him to be one of the people who were at least bringing up interesting points and looking back through the game. Granted, I had to shoot down like 75% of his points because they weren't particularly good (or just flat out wrong), he was one of the easier players to read.

On April 19 2013 00:18 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why did people think geript, Mocsta, yamato and sharrant were scum after D0?

I never thought the others were scum, but I can sort of answer Sharrant. I had a town read on him basically as soon as he posted that case against me, but after all the green checks and my stronger town reads, he just gradually moved down the list and I couldn't remember a lot about WHY he was a townread early. Part of that is because I got it stuck in my head that scum assassin would have to have a way to check roles because '##Shoot: gonzaw GREEN' is stupid, part of it was his reaction to gonzaw's death (the way he came up with gonzaw's role AND how he tried to call Moc scum for doing the same thing I did but not calling me scum for it), and partly just because he wasn't really active. When I made the case on him, he had a page and a half of filter in 100 pages of game.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 18 2013 15:42 GMT
#4137
D0 being the pregame?
Fe fi fo fum.
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
April 18 2013 15:43 GMT
#4138
stop talking about how bad these guys were and more about how awesome me + goznaw + palmar were
NEED EPEEN
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 15:47:17
April 18 2013 15:46 GMT
#4139
Nah Caller, town won because town spammed the shit out of the thread and scum went afk (with the exception of BM) until it was too late.
Then afked some more.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 18 2013 15:47 GMT
#4140
On April 19 2013 00:43 Caller wrote:
stop talking about how bad these guys were and more about how awesome me + goznaw + palmar were
NEED EPEEN
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. You and Palmar didn't even flip town. Practically mafia, imo.
Fe fi fo fum.
Prev 1 205 206 207 208 209 210 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
UpATreeSC 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5124
Bisu 2805
Soulkey 1748
Jaedong 715
Horang2 577
EffOrt 539
Mini 508
Larva 344
actioN 290
ZerO 272
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 239
Yoon 150
Mind 96
Dewaltoss 89
sorry 82
Sharp 75
Shinee 67
hero 66
Barracks 62
Pusan 57
Snow 51
Hyun 42
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 27
Trap 21
scan(afreeca) 20
Rock 17
NaDa 15
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
zelot 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5198
qojqva2303
Dendi1201
420jenkins209
Counter-Strike
fl0m2809
Fnx 658
x6flipin409
Other Games
hiko914
Liquid`RaSZi897
B2W.Neo504
crisheroes313
DeMusliM274
XBOCT194
Livibee192
Liquid`VortiX182
QueenE99
Mew2King47
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 78
• mYiSmile131
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV644
League of Legends
• Nemesis3163
• TFBlade568
• Noizen108
Other Games
• Shiphtur318
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 41m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.