• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:00
CEST 01:00
KST 08:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9759 users

Mafia Podcast! - Page 20

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 75 Next
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 18 2013 08:38 GMT
#381
I swear a lot in real life...but I don't think its appropriate for a community podcast. There's many different age groups that play Mafia not just your personal demographic.

As I said before. If u aiming for a semi professional product. Swearing cancels that out immediately

If u aiming for garage recorded mix, then go ahead I guess.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
March 18 2013 08:39 GMT
#382
On March 18 2013 17:31 yamato77 wrote:
I swear more than you, Prom

I almost guarantee it.


We should do colour commentary to mafia games. "This guy is a fucking moron." "Well yamato I'd have to say I agree, this dumb fuck is so fucking dumb I'm pretty sure he can't tell the difference between assholes and an asymptote" "I couldn't have said it better Prome, what a fucking moron"
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 18 2013 09:29 GMT
#383
On March 18 2013 16:00 Promethelax wrote:
I just listened to the podcast.

It was talked about how one of the hosts (can't remember which one now) wanted to see town play well and lose. Hero mini mafia got brought up and I would say that Yet Another Normal Mini Mafia is another excellent example of that. But besides those two games I think there haven't been good examples of it recently.

oh, I also wanted to add. Kurumi told a fucking hilarious story about pyp:i I have no idea what he was on about for some of it but I would listen to him describe mafia plays forever. And it made me happy that he swears as much me, no one swears as much as me.


PYP: I was some of the craziest, looniest bunch of Scum play ever seen (we lost, horribly ). I dont know if we were in Scum QT or IRC but there were a lot of funny interactions in the Scum team daily. Tnkted oversleeping and Caller(I think) dying was a huge flamefest if I remember correctly. We had an awesome plan that we didn't get to execute to the fullest when someone got nuked (rofl).

A Chezinu+Caller+Kurumi team is a powerful force of trollism.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-18 19:37:39
March 18 2013 19:27 GMT
#384
On March 18 2013 18:29 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 16:00 Promethelax wrote:
I just listened to the podcast.

It was talked about how one of the hosts (can't remember which one now) wanted to see town play well and lose. Hero mini mafia got brought up and I would say that Yet Another Normal Mini Mafia is another excellent example of that. But besides those two games I think there haven't been good examples of it recently.

oh, I also wanted to add. Kurumi told a fucking hilarious story about pyp:i I have no idea what he was on about for some of it but I would listen to him describe mafia plays forever. And it made me happy that he swears as much me, no one swears as much as me.


PYP: I was some of the craziest, looniest bunch of Scum play ever seen (we lost, horribly ). I dont know if we were in Scum QT or IRC but there were a lot of funny interactions in the Scum team daily. Tnkted oversleeping and Caller(I think) dying was a huge flamefest if I remember correctly. We had an awesome plan that we didn't get to execute to the fullest when someone got nuked (rofl).

A Chezinu+Caller+Kurumi team is a powerful force of trollism.

was this the one where i got gayed by the listcheck, the one where we lost because ver decided to get himself modkilled, thus fucking our math for lynch, or world at war with me + shinbi + lmnop + d3?
world at war was the biggest clusterfuck in the history of clusterfucks of all time. even more than that sentence.


OH RIGHT THE CROWNING FUCKING ACHIEVEMENT WAS FUCKING FUCK FUCK VIVI57 LOGGING ON ONE HOUR AFTER THE FUCKING VOTE ENDED
vivi i hate you so much
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-18 19:37:22
March 18 2013 19:36 GMT
#385
On March 19 2013 04:27 Caller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 18:29 Ace wrote:
On March 18 2013 16:00 Promethelax wrote:
I just listened to the podcast.

It was talked about how one of the hosts (can't remember which one now) wanted to see town play well and lose. Hero mini mafia got brought up and I would say that Yet Another Normal Mini Mafia is another excellent example of that. But besides those two games I think there haven't been good examples of it recently.

oh, I also wanted to add. Kurumi told a fucking hilarious story about pyp:i I have no idea what he was on about for some of it but I would listen to him describe mafia plays forever. And it made me happy that he swears as much me, no one swears as much as me.


PYP: I was some of the craziest, looniest bunch of Scum play ever seen (we lost, horribly ). I dont know if we were in Scum QT or IRC but there were a lot of funny interactions in the Scum team daily. Tnkted oversleeping and Caller(I think) dying was a huge flamefest if I remember correctly. We had an awesome plan that we didn't get to execute to the fullest when someone got nuked (rofl).

A Chezinu+Caller+Kurumi team is a powerful force of trollism.

was this the one where i got gayed by the listcheck, the one where we lost because ver decided to get himself modkilled, thus fucking our math for lynch, or world at war with me + shinbi + lmnop + d3?
world at war was the biggest clusterfuck in the history of clusterfucks of all time. even more than that sentence.

oops
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
March 18 2013 19:40 GMT
#386
On March 19 2013 04:27 Caller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 18:29 Ace wrote:
On March 18 2013 16:00 Promethelax wrote:
I just listened to the podcast.

It was talked about how one of the hosts (can't remember which one now) wanted to see town play well and lose. Hero mini mafia got brought up and I would say that Yet Another Normal Mini Mafia is another excellent example of that. But besides those two games I think there haven't been good examples of it recently.

oh, I also wanted to add. Kurumi told a fucking hilarious story about pyp:i I have no idea what he was on about for some of it but I would listen to him describe mafia plays forever. And it made me happy that he swears as much me, no one swears as much as me.


PYP: I was some of the craziest, looniest bunch of Scum play ever seen (we lost, horribly ). I dont know if we were in Scum QT or IRC but there were a lot of funny interactions in the Scum team daily. Tnkted oversleeping and Caller(I think) dying was a huge flamefest if I remember correctly. We had an awesome plan that we didn't get to execute to the fullest when someone got nuked (rofl).

A Chezinu+Caller+Kurumi team is a powerful force of trollism.

was this the one where i got gayed by the listcheck, the one where we lost because ver decided to get himself modkilled, thus fucking our math for lynch, or world at war with me + shinbi + lmnop + d3?
world at war was the biggest clusterfuck in the history of clusterfucks of all time. even more than that sentence.


OH RIGHT THE CROWNING FUCKING ACHIEVEMENT WAS FUCKING FUCK FUCK VIVI57 LOGGING ON ONE HOUR AFTER THE FUCKING VOTE ENDED
vivi i hate you so much

This was the one where you got "gayed" by the listcheck together with Ace thanks to our Mole Listcheck DT GMarshal LOL
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 18 2013 19:48 GMT
#387
GMarshal #1 Mole NA
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 18 2013 20:59 GMT
#388
So I'm tentatively planning a cast on Friday or Saturday to discussion Nomination Mini Mafia (by popular demand).

VisceraEyes, Yamato, and GMarshal have expressed interest in coming on, and I think that's all the guests I'll need.

So two questions to the thread:
1) Guest list and topic - does everyone approve?
2) Any other topics/questions people would like discussed?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
March 19 2013 04:54 GMT
#389
finally got around to listening and it's all real good

only suggestion i can think of is an index of topics discussed at what point during the podcast though, that would be really cool.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 19 2013 05:34 GMT
#390
I can only do it Thursday or Friday.

So yeah, Friday works if I am going to be on. If you guys decide on Saturday though I can totally step out.
Writer@WriterYamato
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 19 2013 12:08 GMT
#391
On March 19 2013 05:59 Hapahauli wrote:
So I'm tentatively planning a cast on Friday or Saturday to discussion Nomination Mini Mafia (by popular demand).

VisceraEyes, Yamato, and GMarshal have expressed interest in coming on, and I think that's all the guests I'll need.

So two questions to the thread:
1) Guest list and topic - does everyone approve?
2) Any other topics/questions people would like discussed?

I need a specific time, but I should be good either day.
Moderator
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
March 19 2013 12:16 GMT
#392
On March 19 2013 21:08 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2013 05:59 Hapahauli wrote:
So I'm tentatively planning a cast on Friday or Saturday to discussion Nomination Mini Mafia (by popular demand).

VisceraEyes, Yamato, and GMarshal have expressed interest in coming on, and I think that's all the guests I'll need.

So two questions to the thread:
1) Guest list and topic - does everyone approve?
2) Any other topics/questions people would like discussed?

I need a specific time, but I should be good either day.

Congratulations on becoming Senior Staff!
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 19 2013 15:13 GMT
#393
On Friday I can do after 11pm EST (I work second shift through the week) but can do it Saturday anytime pretty much.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 19 2013 19:16 GMT
#394
I just listened to the first episode. Hapa you're doing a great job of moderating the discussion and throwing topics around.

The episode was good. DrH's sound was not always good, but all the hosts added valuable insight and comments to the discussion.

It's very interesting to hear how people think about mafia.

Someone suggested breaking the show down into episodes and timestamping them, even a few seconds break to mark the beginning of a discussion and the start of next one.

I listen to a lot of podcasts and I think the show could benefit from slightly more structure.

Anyway, you guys did an amazing job for a 1st podcast, I wasn't expecting it to be this good.

As I mentioned on IRC at some point, give me a shout if you want me to come talk at some point.
Computer says mafia
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 20 2013 06:02 GMT
#395
So if we do this Friday night late I can do it, or Saturday like early in the day.

And if we do, and I'm there, I have some decent ideas of how we should go about breaking down Nomination.

First, we need to talk about the setup. It's one of the most interesting things about the game in my opinion, and with that we can talk about the ups and downs for town and scum for the Nominations and such. I already have plenty of thoughts about it, and it'll be a good start to getting things rolling.

In that, we're obviously going to want to talk about specific examples of what mafia did or didn't do, so we can take it from there in a clear direction: we talk about town in one segment and then mafia in the next, or vice versa. This plays well because we have a town player, me, and a mafia player, VE, and the host, GM, all there so we can get perspectives from all of us on all three of these parts of the game.

What do you guys think?
Writer@WriterYamato
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 20 2013 06:58 GMT
#396
I'll send out an itinerary to you guys on Thursday or something. I do like the idea of a quick synopsis/summary of the setup, after which we get right into discussion.

As for dividing things into town/scum... I think discussion like that will overlap so much that it won't be worth it to force a divide. I'm trying to brainstorm a structure for how we should approach game-analysis in a better organized format, but it's rather tricky.
-
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 20 2013 07:04 GMT
#397
I think for game analysis the best breakdown structure is by day: eg opening/D1, N1/D2, N2/D3, etc. it worked well in Ver's guide and those are the most natural things that flow together. This lets you talk about each side distinctively by their goals as they progress and interact with each other.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 20 2013 07:05 GMT
#398
Oh also, what do you all think about 11:00pm/11:30pm EST on Friday to start things off? I'm planning to keep things shorter than last time (cast should be ~1h max), so you guys won't be stuck on skype too late at night.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 20 2013 08:35 GMT
#399
Late at night is the best for me, really. I'm always up late and Friday night I am off. Seems perfect.
Writer@WriterYamato
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 20 2013 11:22 GMT
#400
On March 20 2013 16:05 Hapahauli wrote:
Oh also, what do you all think about 11:00pm/11:30pm EST on Friday to start things off? I'm planning to keep things shorter than last time (cast should be ~1h max), so you guys won't be stuck on skype too late at night.

I should be around ^_^
Moderator
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 141
Nathanias 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 559
910 34
MaD[AoV]25
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 628
Counter-Strike
Fnx 649
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox557
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3840
Other Games
summit1g9569
shahzam413
C9.Mang0285
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
gamesdonequick150
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie853
• Shiphtur740
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h
Patches Events
17h
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.