• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:00
CEST 01:00
KST 08:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9759 users

Mafia Podcast! - Page 19

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 75 Next
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
March 16 2013 06:26 GMT
#361
On March 16 2013 15:11 NewbieXXXI_ObsQT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 15:08 layabout wrote:
On March 16 2013 14:57 NewbieXXXI_ObsQT wrote:
I like the player-reputation stuff a lot - that's definetely going to be on for the next one.

As for "nostalgia games," I'm not too thrilled about that because it limits accessibility towards newer players and those who weren't involved in the game. Specific examples are fine, but I'm hesitant to devote a significant segment towards a game that a good portion of listeners don't know about.

Maybe but i was thinking the casters could give like an overview of the game and discuss key moments and turning points. It would also mean talking about games in which players who are now considered "vets" by many were still learning the game and would be less alienating because of this.

But how many people know all about LX anyway?
It had 25 players, hosts and a few observers but the thread was pretty long i doubt more than a few dozen have extensive game knowledge. Even then in that cast the people in the game still made quite a few errors about what actually happened.

If you decide beforehand to talk about a game it might help to read over it a bit. Perhaps that could make it too much work to do this for an older game since it would require more time to be able to discuss properly.


Well the thing with current games is that a decent amount of people tend to observe them or lightly follow them. Also I don't want to make newer members of the community have to go back and read a 100+ page game to understand something from the podcast.

EDIT: It's just an accessibility issue. Going over a current game is going to appeal to many more players than a "nostalgia" game for the indulgement of a couple of vets.

No one would need to go back and read except for the people doing the cast, who can (hopefully) explain enough about the game to make the conversation easy enough to follow.

I do think it's nicer to listen to people who are enjoying a conversation and i think at this stage there is still room to try things to see what works best rather than try to appeal to the masses that follow TLmafia.
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 16 2013 06:49 GMT
#362
As a player with a reputation, I think talking about player reputation can be good. I also thing though we should talk about how to make a good impression as a newbie. Reputations don't just exist in a bathroom. They are earned.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 16 2013 08:47 GMT
#363
On March 16 2013 15:49 Blazinghand wrote:
I also thing though we should talk about how to make a good impression as a newbie. Reputations don't just exist in a bathroom. They are earned.

Thats a great topic actaully and melds very well with the crux of this podcast (imho)

Developing and nurturing "talent' in the up n comers.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-16 18:43:48
March 16 2013 18:43 GMT
#364
I have met several people whose reputations exist in bathrooms
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 16 2013 19:50 GMT
#365
You know, the bathroom is a really odd place to meet people whose reputations exist
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 17 2013 01:33 GMT
#366
vacuum
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 17 2013 01:34 GMT
#367
I'm pretty excited for this to happen.

If we are going to pick an old game to read, let me know now so I have the time to honestly take notes.
Writer@WriterYamato
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 17 2013 01:35 GMT
#368
I have an idea-- let's bring a newbie in on the show, not a total newbie, like someone who's played his newbie games plus like 3-4 games.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 17 2013 01:41 GMT
#369
On March 17 2013 10:35 Blazinghand wrote:
I have an idea-- let's bring a newbie in on the show, not a total newbie, like someone who's played his newbie games plus like 3-4 games.


Yeah it's probably a good idea to have a mix of different people with different experiences with the game. Otherwise it can turn into a BITTER-VET podcast pretty quick.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 17 2013 01:42 GMT
#370
when have i ever been bitter

asshole
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 17 2013 10:06 GMT
#371
Nah bitter newbie more like.

Eh mocsta?
No gg, No skill.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 17 2013 11:16 GMT
#372
On March 17 2013 19:06 Oatsmaster wrote:
Nah bitter newbie more like.

Eh mocsta?

?

Why am I bitter?

I dont talk to many guys outside the game, but I thought Im pretty pleasant overall? Do you beg to differ Goadmaster?
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 17 2013 11:21 GMT
#373
On March 17 2013 20:16 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2013 19:06 Oatsmaster wrote:
Nah bitter newbie more like.

Eh mocsta?

?

Why am I bitter?

I dont talk to many guys outside the game, but I thought Im pretty pleasant overall? Do you beg to differ Goadmaster?


I could quote stuff, but I dont want to embarrass you
No gg, No skill.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
March 17 2013 12:19 GMT
#374
I would have loved to hear about Nominations too, if that's possible
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
March 18 2013 04:02 GMT
#375
I'm happy to be a bitter vet. Or a bitter newbie. Really I'll just be bitter if you need it.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Moology
Profile Joined March 2013
Italy144 Posts
March 18 2013 06:07 GMT
#376
On March 18 2013 13:02 Promethelax wrote:
I'm happy to be a bitter vet. Or a bitter newbie. Really I'll just be bitter if you need it.

I know why you're bitter
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 18 2013 06:17 GMT
#377
On March 16 2013 11:05 Hapahauli wrote:
Well it looks like I'll likely be hosting this next week.

Are there any suggestions for the 2nd topic? I know VE wanted to do Nomination Mini, but that's all I've heard.

I can go on and talk about nomination this week.

I did an audio recording originally as my review but it broke and I wasn't able to upload it, so this might be a good idea.
Moderator
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 18 2013 06:28 GMT
#378
I would love to talk to you about Nomination.

yesyesyes
Writer@WriterYamato
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-18 07:05:38
March 18 2013 07:00 GMT
#379
I just listened to the podcast.

It was talked about how one of the hosts (can't remember which one now) wanted to see town play well and lose. Hero mini mafia got brought up and I would say that Yet Another Normal Mini Mafia is another excellent example of that. But besides those two games I think there haven't been good examples of it recently.

oh, I also wanted to add. Kurumi told a fucking hilarious story about pyp:i I have no idea what he was on about for some of it but I would listen to him describe mafia plays forever. And it made me happy that he swears as much me, no one swears as much as me.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 18 2013 08:31 GMT
#380
I swear more than you, Prom

I almost guarantee it.
Writer@WriterYamato
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 141
Nathanias 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 559
910 34
MaD[AoV]25
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 628
Counter-Strike
Fnx 649
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox557
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3840
Other Games
summit1g9569
shahzam413
C9.Mang0285
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
gamesdonequick150
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie853
• Shiphtur740
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h
Patches Events
17h
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.