• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:15
CEST 13:15
KST 20:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8979 users

Mafia Podcast! - Page 17

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 75 Next
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 16:16:02
March 15 2013 16:15 GMT
#321
On March 16 2013 00:21 DoYouHas wrote:
BH - Your voice is higher pitched than I subvocalized when I read your posts. I found that amusing.


Yeah I can't compete with Hapa's sultry deep vocal cords

When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
ObliviousEyes
Profile Joined March 2013
United States57 Posts
March 15 2013 19:05 GMT
#322
I actually liked BH kinda introducing topics like he did. It gave you guys a springboard for discussion. It was obvious, for instance, that the discussion of LX was the most enjoyable part of the discussion for most of you guys because it tied together all the topics you guys wanted to cover and most of you were fresh out of LX.

I want to talk about Nomination in the next podcast. And I want to be there for it. And I'd kinda like GM to be there for it.
From the shadows I come...
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 15 2013 20:00 GMT
#323
I think Kurumi got drowned out on a few key points. For example, when he was talking about his first game (as town). He was noting how he essentially got paranoid and started seeing mafia behind every corner. Then he got scared because he was going to be lynched as town and that essentially means he had done something wrong. I also think that you guys are overestimating 'newbie fear'. I don't think it's fear at all. Instinctively in that position, you know that you need to be doing something, but you know that what you're doing isn't helping and you don't know either how to both correct the being unhelpful and what you were supposed to be doing in the first place. In situations like these where you can't trust yourself, the natural reaction is to lash out and not trust anyone. It's straight up cornered animal action and that's genetically wired into us.
DrParnassus
Profile Joined March 2013
Afghanistan565 Posts
March 15 2013 20:09 GMT
#324
eh, here's what i meant about the "dissenting opinions" comment.

right now, the cast could easily be named: "The Ivory Tower Circle-Jerk of TLMafia Where We Call Everyone That Isn't Us a Noob"

i'm not trying to be rude, it was entertaining and all, but that's just what I think
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 15 2013 20:30 GMT
#325
everyone that isn't me IS a noob though
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 15 2013 20:30 GMT
#326
On March 16 2013 05:09 DrParnassus wrote:
eh, here's what i meant about the "dissenting opinions" comment.

right now, the cast could easily be named: "The Ivory Tower Circle-Jerk of TLMafia Where We Call Everyone That Isn't Us a Noob"

i'm not trying to be rude, it was entertaining and all, but that's just what I think


DocH's style of commenting on others comes across the microphone the same way it comes across in posts - preachy, scoldy and arrogant. No offense Doc, it's just the way you present your argument. "You just don't do that because that's just not what you do. I don't like it, so stop it because just don't."

Your love of the game is explicit, but no one likes to feel like they're just not good enough, and that's how you make people feel speaking to/about them. Just something to consider. You're reaching out to people who want to improve their play. Don't push them away unwittingly because of your attitude.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Ange777
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Germany1164 Posts
March 15 2013 20:40 GMT
#327
Is there some special trick needed to listen to the podcast? If I open the link and click play or download, nothing happens
♥ Sen - 台灣之光 ♥
NewbieXXXI_ObsQT
Profile Joined March 2013
183 Posts
March 15 2013 20:41 GMT
#328
On March 16 2013 05:40 Ange777 wrote:
Is there some special trick needed to listen to the podcast? If I open the link and click play or download, nothing happens


Yeah the stupid site that I hosted it on wants me to pay because it got downloaded 40 times.

Use this for now:
http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/16961224/TL_Scumcast_Ep1

~Hapa
The two man power trip.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
March 15 2013 20:42 GMT
#329
On March 16 2013 05:40 Ange777 wrote:
Is there some special trick needed to listen to the podcast? If I open the link and click play or download, nothing happens

What browser are you using, Ange?
Scripts are being allowed?
Flash installed?
I do not exactly know what could possibly deny you using the site, but I am using Chrome with adblock and it is all fine
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 15 2013 20:43 GMT
#330
Man hapa's voice comes out way clearer than everyone
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
NewbieXXXI_ObsQT
Profile Joined March 2013
183 Posts
March 15 2013 20:44 GMT
#331
On March 16 2013 05:43 Blazinghand wrote:
Man hapa's voice comes out way clearer than everyone


Yeah, that's cause I recorded the whole thing on my computer. I'm receiving inputs from everyone else on Skype, but my mic feeds directly into the recording.
The two man power trip.
Ange777
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Germany1164 Posts
March 15 2013 20:44 GMT
#332
Ok, I got the wrong link from the OP Thanks, it works perfectly now.
♥ Sen - 台灣之光 ♥
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 20:46:06
March 15 2013 20:45 GMT
#333
On March 16 2013 05:30 Blazinghand wrote:
everyone that isn't me IS a noob though

Good thing I'm your smurf then.

I haven't had a chance to listen to this yet. I'll probably listen through sometime this weekend. Once I do, I'll try to let you know what I think.
you gotta dance
grush57
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2582 Posts
March 15 2013 20:45 GMT
#334
"Every thing is either simply awful or awfully simple." | "Weaklings can't pick... their way of death."
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 15 2013 20:46 GMT
#335
Yeah I think whoever recording should be the defacto "host" if that's what's going on.

Like the JP of "State of the Mafia"
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 15 2013 22:05 GMT
#336
I'm working on my arrogance but some things are true such as spamming = bad
RIP Aaliyah
ObliviousEyes
Profile Joined March 2013
United States57 Posts
March 15 2013 22:08 GMT
#337
EXCEPT YOU WRITE OFF ALL OF MY FUCKING POSTS AS SPAM BECAUSE OF YOUR FUCKING ARROGANCE DOC JESUS FUCK
From the shadows I come...
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 15 2013 22:08 GMT
#338
I'm really critical of my own play though. I don't think I'm one of the better players, I just have really strict ideas on what constitutes good play. I do a lot of the things I criticize others for doing too. I was a lot better in lx than I was in past games though. Work in progress
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 15 2013 22:09 GMT
#339
Not all of them. I take you seriously when you post seriously. You had a lot of good things to say in lx. I still think you'd benefit from being more focused and less reactive.
RIP Aaliyah
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 15 2013 22:11 GMT
#340
On March 16 2013 07:05 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I'm working on my arrogance but some things are true such as spamming = bad unless you are bh


I agree entirely
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 654
WardiTV218
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 11902
StarCastTV_EN365
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko274
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 14019
Bisu 3836
Jaedong 3580
EffOrt 1139
BeSt 892
ZerO 446
Horang2 436
Pusan 263
Larva 240
actioN 232
[ Show more ]
Zeus 222
Hyun 139
Mind 133
Barracks 87
ggaemo 71
Killer 47
scan(afreeca) 44
Sharp 43
NotJumperer 38
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 34
Shinee 30
Sacsri 21
Hm[arnc] 21
Sea.KH 15
Terrorterran 13
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 5
Dota 2
Dendi116
League of Legends
JimRising 331
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1649
byalli776
Other Games
crisheroes247
Pyrionflax175
dupreeh101
Mew2King68
DeMusliM58
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
• lizZardDota2282
League of Legends
• Jankos1299
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 45m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.