• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:24
CEST 07:24
KST 14:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8033 users

Mafia Podcast!

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 73 74 75 Next
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-24 07:14:40
March 02 2013 05:11 GMT
#1

TL Mafia Podcast


The TL Mafia Podcast is under construction. Set to be a weekly or biweekly cast hosted by DoctorHelvetica with other casting guests, the TL Mafia Podcast will cover strategy, setup, game reports and other topics and fun segments related to mafia. I am currently working on assembling a casting team and creating a consistent format for the cast. The first few casts will be betas, relying on your feedback to assemble a regularly uploaded quality show.

We currently need help! Audio wizards (editing, music and recording) and internet wizards (archiving, uploading, etc.) are needed. If you have feedback or suggestions, email me at TLDoctorH@gmail.com or PM me on TeamLiquid. Your ideas for segments and topics are appreciated. If you are interested in hosting, email or PM me and let me know what times you are usually available. We will probably try out a few different groups of casters until we find a consistent group that really clicks. The goal is to get this as organized and consistent as possible, which means not everybody can be involved in the creation of the casts. But we hope to format the show so that there are plenty of opportunities to interact with the whole community during the cast, possibly even doing livecasts and answering questions/comments in IRC.

Cast Archive
Alpha Cast Pt. 1 (DoctorHelvetica | 3-12-13)
Alpha Cast Pt. 2 (DoctorHelvetica | 3-12-13)
TL Scumcast BETACAST!!! Episode 0 (DoctorHelvetica/Hapahauli/Kurumi/Blazinghand | 3-15-13)
Nomination Mafia Scumcast (Hapahauli | 3/23/13}
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 02 2013 05:11 GMT
#2
That being said, skype podcasts do tend to suck pretty terribly
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 02 2013 05:26 GMT
#3
And to be clear - I definitely don't have the time to carry something like this through but I'd be thrilled to listen to a roundtable of mafia vets discuss theory and current games. I found Ace's video fascinating and I'd love to see more stuff like that.
RIP Aaliyah
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 02 2013 05:39 GMT
#4
Woah I'd so be interested in that.

I don't know if I'd limited to events in a single game though - why not expand it into a community-update type thing? Say over a 1-2 hours show...
...spend some time talking about interesting upcoming games
..."player of the week" type thing
...then perhaps an analysis of an interesting games that just occurred
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 02 2013 05:40 GMT
#5
I'd be game for participating. Too busy to actually run/host it though.
Moderator
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 02 2013 06:16 GMT
#6
On March 02 2013 14:39 Hapahauli wrote:
Woah I'd so be interested in that.

I don't know if I'd limited to events in a single game though - why not expand it into a community-update type thing? Say over a 1-2 hours show...
...spend some time talking about interesting upcoming games
..."player of the week" type thing
...then perhaps an analysis of an interesting games that just occurred

I think the best content would come from focusing on direct analysis of a game.
RIP Aaliyah
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
March 02 2013 06:18 GMT
#7
I think this is a great idea and would like to support it in any way I can.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 02 2013 06:21 GMT
#8
Mafia vets have a tendency to go inactive for long periods of time so cycling hosts might not be a terrible idea

I'd just like to hear more audio commentary
RIP Aaliyah
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 02 2013 06:26 GMT
#9
On March 02 2013 15:16 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 14:39 Hapahauli wrote:
Woah I'd so be interested in that.

I don't know if I'd limited to events in a single game though - why not expand it into a community-update type thing? Say over a 1-2 hours show...
...spend some time talking about interesting upcoming games
..."player of the week" type thing
...then perhaps an analysis of an interesting games that just occurred

I think the best content would come from focusing on direct analysis of a game.


Well that depends on the audience you want to have. Do you want to keep this completely community-based, or do you want to be able to make it more accessible to the general TL member-base?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
March 02 2013 06:49 GMT
#10
Why not have a different focus each week?

like

week 1: Focused game analysis
week 2: Community overview (Like Hapa posted)
week 3: Another focused game analysis
week 4: Idk, a short on-air mafia game? Would be fun

Rotating monthly :-D

Also, a podcasted mafia game would probably be really fun to listen to :-D
Useless wet fish.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 02 2013 06:59 GMT
#11
This is actually a fantastic idea.
I know I personally have trouble understanding the rationale behind a lot of the stuff people do, and how exactly people come up with reads. I'd love to listen.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 02 2013 08:02 GMT
#12
I'd be too busy to organize something like this, but I'd totally participate/endorse this or whatever. Though I think a weekly thing might be too much, some sort of biweekly thing is probably in order, or just once a month might be more practical.

The most difficult part would be finding a time where everyone could do it. I'm just imagining the difficulties in doing that. In the olden days organizing the balance crew to balance a game was a headache lol
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
MilkSuckler
Profile Joined February 2013
Swaziland597 Posts
March 02 2013 09:46 GMT
#13
Awesome idea
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 02 2013 11:24 GMT
#14
I would absolutely listen to this.

No question about it.
No gg, No skill.
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
March 02 2013 11:52 GMT
#15
Good idea
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Lazermonkey
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden2176 Posts
March 02 2013 13:16 GMT
#16
I would TOTES listen to this. Tho I don't think I have enough experience to actually be a part of the project.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 02 2013 13:26 GMT
#17
On March 02 2013 15:16 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 14:39 Hapahauli wrote:
Woah I'd so be interested in that.

I don't know if I'd limited to events in a single game though - why not expand it into a community-update type thing? Say over a 1-2 hours show...
...spend some time talking about interesting upcoming games
..."player of the week" type thing
...then perhaps an analysis of an interesting games that just occurred

I think the best content would come from focusing on direct analysis of a game.


i like the idea and i agree with this.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 02 2013 13:42 GMT
#18
Possibly the greatest idea ever - Mafia Podcast

i fixed the title
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
March 02 2013 13:57 GMT
#19
I also approve. For instance, I think Palmar's video was awesome and more of things like that would be awesome! (with or without video I don't really care about, but shared screen might make things easier if you're analysing a game).
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
March 02 2013 14:01 GMT
#20
Well, this is an awesome awesome idea.

I think, at least for starters, that just focusing on single game analysis is the most feasible and useful thing. I'm thinking, just make a standard game, maybe 15-18 players, and inform the players that this will be analyzed and then play the game. Maybe the cycles can be slowed down so that the panelists have a chance to keep up with it and the host has a realistic shot at organizing the panelists for the podcasts.

I also completely disagree that DocH would necessarily be a bad host. This isn't going to be host driven, we are all here for the content, just need someone to moderate the debate. Make sure the panelists are calling the players dumb and not each other I'd host but my spoken English isn't up to par and I'd be derided as the Kelly Milkies of mafia.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
1 2 3 4 5 73 74 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 651
Hyuk 470
Leta 105
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm235
League of Legends
JimRising 743
Other Games
summit1g9176
WinterStarcraft472
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick987
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream157
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2263
League of Legends
• Rush1352
• Lourlo1118
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 36m
INu's Battles
6h 36m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 36m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 36m
Replay Cast
17h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.