• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:04
CEST 11:04
KST 18:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6877 users

Mafia Podcast! - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 73 74 75 Next
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-06 20:27:51
March 06 2013 20:26 GMT
#61
On March 07 2013 05:25 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I didn't read TTABE

So headline the next episode!
You can do analysis of LX next if you feel there is something there, and then mebbe after that since NMM 38 is about to start there could be a newbie episode...?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 06 2013 20:28 GMT
#62
I'd rather forget LX after it's over
RIP Aaliyah
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 06 2013 20:29 GMT
#63
On March 07 2013 05:28 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I'd rather forget LX after it's over

Well that's what I said earlier but....
In any case since you're one of the vets you can do the next one on some past epic game of your choice right? Or just general strats/tactics?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 06 2013 20:30 GMT
#64
What the fu podcast? Already? XD

Pumped bros
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
March 06 2013 20:30 GMT
#65
I don't think i have played a clue game since the 80 man mega mafia. Even though i am really bad with them i really like the clues.

I imagine the podcast would just be like being mafia in storm. It all starts out very well with plenty of game talk then dissolves into playing tribes and pointing out funny posts.
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 06 2013 20:33 GMT
#66
I could

all of my games are pretty much me getting very close to winning the game and then going down hard and failing miserably

salem mafia - pinned the entire scumteam in 2 days but only after i had fed the entire list of blues to the godfather and was an hour away from getting hit
insane mafia - pinned the entire scumteam 5 hours in but then was too scared to go after ace and ended up arguing with pandain for the rest of the thread before i died
storm mafia - got played like a violin by wherebugsgo

all my town games i get really close to finding scum, usually by day 2 or 3 I have two ideas of who scum are, split by association reads and end up going with the wrong one because i let myself get influenced and tilted easily

im ok at looking at games in a vacuum though
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 06 2013 20:34 GMT
#67
I'm gonna do a modding audio diary for the normal game im hosting where i talk about each day/night cycle (with full spoilers) and then post it all after the game is done

like analyzing what's going on in the scum qt and how i feel about town/scum decisions, stuff like that

hope it ends up a good game and not just me talking about how much everyone sucks
RIP Aaliyah
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
March 06 2013 20:36 GMT
#68
On March 07 2013 05:33 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I could

all of my games are pretty much me getting very close to winning the game and then going down hard and failing miserably

salem mafia - pinned the entire scumteam in 2 days but only after i had fed the entire list of blues to the godfather and was an hour away from getting hit
insane mafia - pinned the entire scumteam 5 hours in but then was too scared to go after ace and ended up arguing with pandain for the rest of the thread before i died
storm mafia - got played like a violin by wherebugsgo

all my town games i get really close to finding scum, usually by day 2 or 3 I have two ideas of who scum are, split by association reads and end up going with the wrong one because i let myself get influenced and tilted easily

im ok at looking at games in a vacuum though



If you want, after its over, we could get the guys from British ii to all do an analysis together. Since its a small game it would be easy for people to follow. And hopefully informative.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 06 2013 20:38 GMT
#69
I'm trying to figure out if I should axe the rule of no vote changes from my upcoming game.

The idea is that people will play more deliberately but it could very easily blow up in my face.
RIP Aaliyah
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 06 2013 20:39 GMT
#70
Oh man that sounds fun. What the fuck would I do?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 06 2013 20:40 GMT
#71
I would participate in the TTABE discussion, but I'm going to be at work tonight, and tomorrow night.

I do want to hear about why mafia weren't more proactive with dueling people. Dieno's duel was a good one IMO if he had played it better.
Writer@WriterYamato
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 06 2013 20:44 GMT
#72
Mafia are scared of a 1 on 1 drawn out confrontation. Every long post is another chance at slipping and you know that you're guilty, it's a paranoid reaction. You want to push townies to duel eachother, then force the winner of the duel to duel you or someone else acting sure that they're scum from association

it would be the same as pressuring the person who hammers a townie, it's to your benefit to be in the background manipulating but never to be the center of attention
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 06 2013 20:49 GMT
#73
On March 07 2013 05:39 VisceraEyes wrote:
Oh man that sounds fun. What the fuck would I do?

well the problem is having a vote list like this:

player A: 1 vote
Player B: 2 votes
player c: 1 vote
player d: 3 votes
player e: 2 votes
player f: 1 vote
player g: 4 votes

etc.

then mafia can basically hammer whoever they want in a sense

i want to do something that makes it harder for bad town and inactive scum to slide by on bandwagons though, forces them to actually put in the work and consider their vote as something really valuable
RIP Aaliyah
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
March 06 2013 21:12 GMT
#74
On March 07 2013 05:49 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 05:39 VisceraEyes wrote:
Oh man that sounds fun. What the fuck would I do?

well the problem is having a vote list like this:

player A: 1 vote
Player B: 2 votes
player c: 1 vote
player d: 3 votes
player e: 2 votes
player f: 1 vote
player g: 4 votes

etc.

then mafia can basically hammer whoever they want in a sense

i want to do something that makes it harder for bad town and inactive scum to slide by on bandwagons though, forces them to actually put in the work and consider their vote as something really valuable

so basically I can't pressure anyone at all and I can't change my vote in case a day vigilante shows up or busy tnkted realizes that he is a bus driver and can bus the nuke but actually is just a detective who jumped in the thread 20 hours in?
I am not sure about that DrH.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 06 2013 21:13 GMT
#75
I had this disagreement with Foolishness, I don't think you need to vote for someone to pressure them unless it's a hammer/mini game where things are really tight. Votes change at the drop of the hat and I really only feel pressured as scum if someone is bringing the heat in the thread, it's not really of consequence whether they drop a vote or an FoS. If someone makes a good case and tunnels you, that's what pressure is. Your actions in the voting thread shouldn't have significant consequences in the discussion thread.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 06 2013 21:14 GMT
#76
The threat of using your one unchangeable vote against a player is far scarier to me as potential scum than throwing a vote down early in the day and knowing there is room for me to fight my way out of that or have a teammate/misled townie deflect the bandwagon elsewhere
RIP Aaliyah
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
March 06 2013 21:17 GMT
#77
The Doctor is right, there is no difference between a vote and saying you will vote someone until the hammer. The pressure comes from actual pressure.

If I posted ##Vote: Kurumi would you feel more pressured than if I posted a big case showing why you were scum over and over which ended "I will be voting Kurumi and you should be too because he is scum"? No, clearly the second applies more pressure than the first, no matter where my vote actually is.

My only concern with the set up would be newer players not reading/not understanding and doing something dumb right out the gate.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
March 06 2013 21:20 GMT
#78
I'd instavote in that setup.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
March 06 2013 21:29 GMT
#79
On March 07 2013 06:13 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I had this disagreement with Foolishness, I don't think you need to vote for someone to pressure them unless it's a hammer/mini game where things are really tight. Votes change at the drop of the hat and I really only feel pressured as scum if someone is bringing the heat in the thread, it's not really of consequence whether they drop a vote or an FoS. If someone makes a good case and tunnels you, that's what pressure is. Your actions in the voting thread shouldn't have significant consequences in the discussion thread.

I am busy in real life. I am a detective. I show up 20 hours late into the day - I have a green check in a setup where there is only framers (show up as mafia, not inverse check) and the guy I have check on is up to be lynched. Only 25% of players did not vote and we can't force a no-lynch.
Lock votes after 24 hours, give people to throw their ideas in, many things go on unnoticed and when everyone can chip in things get a lot better for town.
Also this rule will kill activity to some degree.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 06 2013 21:37 GMT
#80
But...the Podcast right guys! ^^ I wish I could join in but work.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 73 74 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 744
actioN 663
BeSt 340
Killer 226
Mong 149
Dewaltoss 112
sorry 69
sSak 39
ZergMaN 35
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Larva 30
Bale 29
NotJumperer 22
ToSsGirL 18
yabsab 16
Noble 12
HiyA 4
Counter-Strike
byalli673
Other Games
summit1g9641
olofmeister983
Happy365
Sick187
crisheroes180
Pyrionflax113
KnowMe106
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick740
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos916
• Stunt433
Other Games
• WagamamaTV114
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
57m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 57m
Replay Cast
13h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.