• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:56
CEST 15:56
KST 22:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9363 users

Mafia Podcast! - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 73 74 75 Next
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
March 06 2013 21:41 GMT
#81
I agree with Dr.H. that there is really no difference in pressure between throwing your vote on someone or making a solid case. I tend to use the vote to show that I mean it and really do think that player is scum. However, the same effect is obtained by simply ending the thread with "this guy is clearly scum and needs to die" or something similar.

However, I see no actual difference between "locked votes" and instant majority. Effectively by disallowing vote switching you create an instant majority scenario. Sure, the day doesn't end, but anybody voting after the majority cannot effect any change and any discussion is pointless. It's basically instant majority with a period of ineffective discussion tagged on its end.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 06 2013 21:54 GMT
#82
You could make it to where you can only change your vote once or something to avoid the scenarios that Kurumi and Acro talk about.
Writer@WriterYamato
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 06 2013 21:58 GMT
#83
Or this thread could be about THE SUPER COOL PODCAST IDEA!! ^^
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
March 06 2013 22:02 GMT
#84
Okay, lets talk logistics. How are we going to disseminate this podcast after making the recordings? Will there be twitch vods? Audio downloads? What media will we use to share our knowledge with the world?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-06 22:09:41
March 06 2013 22:04 GMT
#85
On March 07 2013 07:02 Promethelax wrote:
Okay, lets talk logistics. How are we going to disseminate this podcast after making the recordings? Will there be twitch vods? Audio downloads? What media will we use to share our knowledge with the world?


I'm going to record it using garage band. I want SOME level of quality control, and it allows me to eliminate static and other annoying stuff. I'm not sure what hosting site is best for an upload, but I'll take all suggestions.

BTW, if anyone wants to do a sound-test, get on skype.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 06 2013 22:15 GMT
#86
How long is it going to be? You could always just upload it to Youtube.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 06 2013 22:16 GMT
#87
Actually I'll just upload it on SoundCloud. Has worked for me in the past with non-podcast things.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 06 2013 22:25 GMT
#88
We used SoundCloud for my podcast.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
March 06 2013 23:07 GMT
#89
ve has a podcast?
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 06 2013 23:08 GMT
#90
HAD a podcast - it was shitty and I got way into Mafia and started wishing I was doing a Mafia podcast instead so we just kinda quit doing it.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 06 2013 23:11 GMT
#91
Guys the internet is painfully devoid of podcasts devoted to this game when there's a podcast for virtually every other topic in the world. I want to stress again that this is a good idea and will be fervently trying to keep this idea afloat in any way I can.

There's a huge Mafia community worldwide and so many members of it have NO IDEA how to play this game properly. If even a quarter of them tuned into this regularly, that's a huge number.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
March 06 2013 23:13 GMT
#92
I'd love to participate but I don't think I'm qualified enough plus I have work so I'm very excited to hear the first one about Duel Mafia =)
Grubby's #1 Fan
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 07 2013 02:06 GMT
#93
On March 07 2013 06:20 Dandel Ion wrote:
I'd instavote in that setup.

Thats why you wont he allowed to sign up
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 07 2013 03:30 GMT
#94
Would someone be able to get the casts uploaded to an rss feed?
RIP Aaliyah
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
March 07 2013 03:42 GMT
#95
ahahahahahahahah

I say the podcast was a good idea

i must say that the live version is much better. i think i slept through parts of the real podcast
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 07 2013 03:48 GMT
#96
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 07 2013 03:54 GMT
#97
I'll upload it sometime tomorrow or Friday - basically we talked (or tried to talk) about Duel Mini for an hour, but there was very little to analyze since it was a really simple game (inactive scum, active town, GG). Also, it's just really hard to provide any real in-depth analysis without...
a) lots of preparation and structure to the podcast
b) only sound and no means to look at posts

Though as Thrawn mentioned, the conversation actually got really good AFTER I stopped recording, mostly because we started talking about a range of other topics.

Overall a promising concept, but Duel Mini wasn't a good game to discuss.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 07 2013 03:56 GMT
#98
I disagree - what better time to talk about winning scum play than after a crushing scum defeat?! UGH I wish I could have been there.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 07 2013 04:02 GMT
#99
ROFL. Well I screwed up something and apparently my mic didn't record. So I have the sound file of everyone talking but me =P

On March 07 2013 12:56 VisceraEyes wrote:
I disagree - what better time to talk about winning scum play than after a crushing scum defeat?! UGH I wish I could have been there.


Yeah, in retrospect there were some better topics for discussion, but the whole thing was very spontaneous. Some more preparation would have done a lot of good.

Though in general, it seems like the "podcast" format is less appropriate for specific analysis, and MUCH better for general topics like "winning scumplay" or "scumhunting strategies." It makes for much better and engaging content (as evidenced by Thrawn above).

a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 07 2013 04:05 GMT
#100
If you want to do specific analysis, having a "video-cast" on something like Google Hangout (where you can screenshare posts and whatnot) is a better format.

For audio only, it's probably best to keep it general.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 73 74 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 828
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
CosmosSc2 40
Railgan 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52729
Shuttle 7698
FanTaSy 1780
BeSt 563
Horang2 500
EffOrt 232
Soma 150
Last 127
Sexy 116
Pusan 115
[ Show more ]
Zeus 106
Mind 92
ggaemo 85
Hyun 77
hero 73
Aegong 54
Killer 53
Snow 42
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 29
PianO 28
NaDa 19
JYJ 17
zelot 14
Rock 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3360
qojqva2003
Dendi1231
XcaliburYe270
420jenkins132
Counter-Strike
fl0m3702
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor817
Liquid`Hasu657
Other Games
B2W.Neo860
Beastyqt546
byalli404
Mlord393
Livibee213
Hui .175
ArmadaUGS115
Mew2King63
QueenE53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick725
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3574
Other Games
• WagamamaTV68
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 4m
Replay Cast
9h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 4m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.