• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:53
CEST 04:53
KST 11:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7734 users

Mafia Podcast! - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 75 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 07 2013 05:39 GMT
#101
Yup totally agreed.
Had a blast though, after internet issues were fixed :D
No gg, No skill.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 07 2013 13:29 GMT
#102
On March 07 2013 13:02 Hapahauli wrote:
ROFL. Well I screwed up something and apparently my mic didn't record. So I have the sound file of everyone talking but me =P

Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 12:56 VisceraEyes wrote:
I disagree - what better time to talk about winning scum play than after a crushing scum defeat?! UGH I wish I could have been there.


Yeah, in retrospect there were some better topics for discussion, but the whole thing was very spontaneous. Some more preparation would have done a lot of good.

Though in general, it seems like the "podcast" format is less appropriate for specific analysis, and MUCH better for general topics like "winning scumplay" or "scumhunting strategies." It makes for much better and engaging content (as evidenced by Thrawn above).



The problem is, general advice is kinda useless if you can't point out how to utilise it in a specific situation.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 07 2013 15:39 GMT
#103
On March 07 2013 22:29 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 13:02 Hapahauli wrote:
ROFL. Well I screwed up something and apparently my mic didn't record. So I have the sound file of everyone talking but me =P

On March 07 2013 12:56 VisceraEyes wrote:
I disagree - what better time to talk about winning scum play than after a crushing scum defeat?! UGH I wish I could have been there.


Yeah, in retrospect there were some better topics for discussion, but the whole thing was very spontaneous. Some more preparation would have done a lot of good.

Though in general, it seems like the "podcast" format is less appropriate for specific analysis, and MUCH better for general topics like "winning scumplay" or "scumhunting strategies." It makes for much better and engaging content (as evidenced by Thrawn above).



The problem is, general advice is kinda useless if you can't point out how to utilise it in a specific situation.


Well yeah of course.

The question is whether or not such a discussion is better suited to analyzing within the context of an individual game, or as a "general," topical, subject where we can point to multiple games. I think the latter is better.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 07 2013 15:43 GMT
#104
On March 08 2013 00:39 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 22:29 marvellosity wrote:
On March 07 2013 13:02 Hapahauli wrote:
ROFL. Well I screwed up something and apparently my mic didn't record. So I have the sound file of everyone talking but me =P

On March 07 2013 12:56 VisceraEyes wrote:
I disagree - what better time to talk about winning scum play than after a crushing scum defeat?! UGH I wish I could have been there.


Yeah, in retrospect there were some better topics for discussion, but the whole thing was very spontaneous. Some more preparation would have done a lot of good.

Though in general, it seems like the "podcast" format is less appropriate for specific analysis, and MUCH better for general topics like "winning scumplay" or "scumhunting strategies." It makes for much better and engaging content (as evidenced by Thrawn above).



The problem is, general advice is kinda useless if you can't point out how to utilise it in a specific situation.


Well yeah of course.

The question is whether or not such a discussion is better suited to analyzing within the context of an individual game, or as a "general," topical, subject where we can point to multiple games. I think the latter is better.


It'd be interesting to do a couple of recordings for a game as it progresses (say night 1, and night2/day3 or something) with players not playing, then publish it after the game is over.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 07 2013 15:46 GMT
#105
I'm off Friday and Saturday

If anyone wants to bullshit around on a chat service about mafia and record it, I would love to bounce my thoughts on games off other people.

We could do it about the first cycle of a game going on that one or both of us hasn't read, and don't know anything about, such as LX, British 2, or the newbie.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 07 2013 15:46 GMT
#106
Basically what Marv just said.
Writer@WriterYamato
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 07 2013 15:52 GMT
#107
On March 08 2013 00:46 yamato77 wrote:
I'm off Friday and Saturday

If anyone wants to bullshit around on a chat service about mafia and record it, I would love to bounce my thoughts on games off other people.

We could do it about the first cycle of a game going on that one or both of us hasn't read, and don't know anything about, such as LX, British 2, or the newbie.


I'm liking that idea a lot. Have two people read Day 1 of a game, come in, and just bounce reads off each other.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 07 2013 16:07 GMT
#108
Wanna do it?
Writer@WriterYamato
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 07 2013 16:23 GMT
#109
Yah I'd be down. There are a couple of games I haven't read at all. Themed Mini comes to mind.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 07 2013 16:39 GMT
#110
There are a ton of old games I have not read.

If you're free tomorrow and/or Saturday, I'll be on the mafia IRC and we can plan this in specific, but I really love this idea and I want to produce content for mafia.
Writer@WriterYamato
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 07 2013 17:13 GMT
#111
Things need to be more structured and planned. I think it's fine to talk about specific games if you do it in the right way. You just have to assume that listeners will also be following the game you're discussing and then you can talk about it in less specific terms without confusing anybody.
RIP Aaliyah
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 07 2013 19:09 GMT
#112
I think a day 1 reads discussion is about as structured as it needs to be, to begin with. We talk about what kinds of things are alignment indicative on day 1, etc, and then after our discussion on specific tells or posts we see, we can see how accurate we were and talk about where we went wrong.

Believe me when I say I know what we need to do to make a good, informative town-based discussion.

What someone else should do is something like this from a mafia perspective, as I am terrible as mafia and I see a trend that most new TLers are.
Writer@WriterYamato
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 08 2013 00:05 GMT
#113
On March 08 2013 04:09 yamato77 wrote:
Believe me when I say I know what we need to do to make a good, informative town-based discussion.

LOL.. having a scum read as town; aint the same as being a charismatic personality on a podcast.

Dr.H is right, structure is required; this content is not for your ego boost, its for everyone. In 5 years time, if someone listens to that podcast they need to be able to follow it.

That was one of the benefits of Palmar Hero Mini video; even though at parts he rambled, because of the video feed you could at least keep up to date with where he was.

You do not have this benefit with voice only, hence, structure is even more critical.

Please consider seriously.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
March 08 2013 00:11 GMT
#114
It'd be a lot of mindnumbingly boring work, but you could lay a video track of the thread over the sound afterwards.
Screenshot relevant parts or something.

But remember:
Mindnumbing work
boring work
a lot of work

I would not envy yee.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 08 2013 00:18 GMT
#115
I'm ready to organize a small trial episode tonight
RIP Aaliyah
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 08 2013 00:18 GMT
#116
On March 08 2013 09:18 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I'm ready to organize a small trial episode tonight


What's the topic?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 08 2013 00:43 GMT
#117
Feel free to suggest topics. Here's what I have:

1. Getting Day 1 discussion rolling
2. Differences between bad townie and scum/bad scum
3. Voting System Changes (Deadline vote vs hammer)
4. New Roles
5. Q&A Segment

If you want to take part and are free tonight, PM me on TeamLiquid. We'll do this over skype, I'll be using my phone in my car due to a lack of a computer or privacy so this will be as ghetto as possible. Someone needs to be able to handle the recording. I can edit the audio and I'll try to whip up some music for the podcast as well, but that'll come later. Does anyone know how to get the mp3s on an rss feed so people can subscribe with their actual podcast player of choice?

Email any questions you have to TLDoctorH@gmail.com , ask about specific mafia games, or just whatever is on your mind. Funny/weird questions encouraged. Submit any ideas for segments you might have as well.

I'd like to try to stick around 3-5 hosts, never more than that so that things don't get out of hand. I'll be trying to go for a format similar to the Bombcast/The Basketball Jones (two excellent podcasts and examples of good PC format. GB is great banter, TBJ is very structured but flows extremely naturally).

There will be structure from topic to topic but ideally conversation will be allowed to flow. Anyone who will be joining the cast, loosen up and just try to act natural. Don't force anything. The first few casts will definitely be awkward, we're all a bunch of dorks who aren't suited for radio and that's fine. No discussion of LX or any other ongoing games though.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 08 2013 00:43 GMT
#118
And if you're going to help host, add me on GMail and I'll add you to a google doc and we can hammer out some formatting.
RIP Aaliyah
MilkSuckler
Profile Joined February 2013
Swaziland597 Posts
March 08 2013 01:04 GMT
#119
How far away is night for you? i.e. how soon you looking at doing this

Im keen, but its 9am here!! (Friday)
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 08 2013 01:12 GMT
#120
On March 08 2013 10:04 MilkSuckler wrote:
How far away is night for you? i.e. how soon you looking at doing this

Im keen, but its 9am here!! (Friday)

In about 4-5 hours.

Do you feel comfortable enough with your english to do this kind of thing?
RIP Aaliyah
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 228
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 222
Terrorterran 17
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
Doublelift6055
JimRising 770
Counter-Strike
taco 275
Other Games
summit1g12169
C9.Mang0359
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1247
BasetradeTV165
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP152
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo240
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 7m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 7m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 7m
Replay Cast
20h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.