• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:56
CEST 08:56
KST 15:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6290 users

Mafia Podcast! - Page 15

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 75 Next
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 15 2013 05:57 GMT
#281
Hey guys, I am about 25min through and just wanted to point out two technical items I think can be looked into

(1) Voice level needs to be hotter. I am wearing canal headphones and have the volume on max to hear things clearly (With an amplifer to boot!)

(2) At some stages the voice seems to cut out/sync out; Not sure whether it was transparent this occurred at the time? Makes some of the questions undecipherable (can figure it out by context of answer though)

Conversation is great so far; keep it up!
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 05:58:04
March 15 2013 05:57 GMT
#282
yeah, we were mostly aware of what was going on and it was primarily on my end i think
RIP Aaliyah
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 15 2013 06:06 GMT
#283
Also practice makes perfect as you develop better understanding

like theres quite a few times where 2/3 guys wants to discuss an item.

Dr.H is talking (and likes to pause between phrases)... so someone like BH tries to interject and Dr.H resumes what he was saying.



All constructive criticisms The content is fantastic and as said before, great initiative.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 15 2013 06:25 GMT
#284
On March 15 2013 15:06 Mocsta wrote:
Also practice makes perfect as you develop better understanding

like theres quite a few times where 2/3 guys wants to discuss an item.

Dr.H is talking (and likes to pause between phrases)... so someone like BH tries to interject and Dr.H resumes what he was saying.



All constructive criticisms The content is fantastic and as said before, great initiative.


This. Another thing I'd like to hear is you guys being more willing to speak at the same time. Everyone was really kinda concerned about speaking over each other, and a couple of times I think it would have been okay for you guys to like, compete for dominance of the discussion.

Still listening, I got a late start. This is all really good shit guys.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 15 2013 06:26 GMT
#285
AND KURUMI YOUR THE COOLEST <3
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 15 2013 06:27 GMT
#286
On March 15 2013 14:57 Mocsta wrote:
Hey guys, I am about 25min through and just wanted to point out two technical items I think can be looked into

(1) Voice level needs to be hotter. I am wearing canal headphones and have the volume on max to hear things clearly (With an amplifer to boot!)

(2) At some stages the voice seems to cut out/sync out; Not sure whether it was transparent this occurred at the time? Makes some of the questions undecipherable (can figure it out by context of answer though)

Conversation is great so far; keep it up!


Huh the sound was pretty loud on my comp at mid volume when I tested it before upload. Gotta make it louder then - good to know
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 15 2013 06:28 GMT
#287
It's pretty loud out of my earbuds connected to my netbook. So yeah not sure what's up there.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 15 2013 06:31 GMT
#288
YES DUDE KURUMI IS THE COOLEST I WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO PLAY SCUM
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 15 2013 06:32 GMT
#289
I can hear it fine. you guys need to project your voice a bit more tho..
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 15 2013 07:49 GMT
#290
Okay, done that was awesome. It was too long, but it was really good. I don't even care that you think I'm bad Doc because you're wrong and whatever you'll figure it out.

These things need a purpose. I think if they have a purpose, the conversation will naturally gravitate back to the original topic simply so they keep with the purpose. And if you outline that purpose with some kind of introduction to the cast, I think that will help the casters to remember the purpose DURING the cast.

IMO the purpose should be to improve the overall play in the community, because all games have something to offer in that regard, everyone can learn something from every game. To that end, I feel like the structure should be that we use discussing games as a PLATFORM to explaining how to become a better player through the actions that happen in the game. You know, like that one post we tell noobs to read every game.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
DrParnassus
Profile Joined March 2013
Afghanistan565 Posts
March 15 2013 07:52 GMT
#291
i think you guys agreed with each other too much. there needs to be that guy who always has a contrary opinion and everyone always yells at him
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 15 2013 08:04 GMT
#292
There needs to be 3 voices only. With 4 it gets a bit too flooded and there's no good way to balance it imo.
DrParnassus
Profile Joined March 2013
Afghanistan565 Posts
March 15 2013 08:11 GMT
#293
On March 15 2013 17:04 geript wrote:
There needs to be 3 voices only. With 4 it gets a bit too flooded and there's no good way to balance it imo.


I think its perfectly fine with 4 honestly, I can follow all of them clearly.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 15 2013 08:13 GMT
#294
yeah dunno about disagreements being an essential requirement for good conversation.
Just a bit more structure (i.e. sub-points within headers) to create more focus.

(Please take the below as constructive criticism)
As said before, the more you do this, the better the relationships and understanding will be.Practice makes perfect.

Dr.H
You have a tendency to dominate the discussion - verbosely. A lot of the stuff you say is great; but you do have a tendency to ramble (and some off topic)

An example is the discussion with Instant Majority: It ended up with Dr.H consuming a majority of the topic time

Kurumi
Just tone down the swearing. It didnt offend me or anything. But lowers the "professionalism" of the podcast.
I actually like quite a few things you said, and you made me laugh out loud about the scum talk at the start

Hapa
I wish you spoke up more, because, when you did, I really enjoyed your perspective. It sounds like you have done this type of thing before? Just seem to have a really sound approach to the format in general.

BH
Overall no issues Just like in LX you had no problem getting your point in.
Cant remember if it was you or Dr.H that got confused with Grush being mafia in LX. SERIOUSLY!! hahah

===============
Overall, I really enjoyed listening to the combination of Hapa/Dr.H/Kurumi/BH. I thought they had different enough perspectives to all provide benefit (i.e. NO LURKERS!).

Im not sure if it was the intention, but it voiced to me overall as if everyone was posting on the fly - instead of having predefined components to flow together.

In short: this was a fantastic first effort, I want to see this keep growing, and happy to support it however I can. Geat stuff!
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 15 2013 08:16 GMT
#295
And Doc it's painfully obvious you haven't read Ace's guide because there's so much more to it than "You're scum because I'm Ace" LMAO

Let me tell you a story: my last game here before I went on hiatus to MafiaScum I played in a game with Palmar and Ace, in which Palmar pwnt me into lynching Ace. Ace called me "one more player to never play with again" and that caused me to quit playing here. Sad story bro.

But because Palmar pwnt me so hard as scum in that game (again) that I decided to actively try and improve my play (to play somewhere else cause fuck that guy) and that lead me to read the whole of Ace's Scum Guide. My very first game on MafiaScum I rolled scum, and I proceeded to lead my scumteam to a perfect victory. I attribute it ENTIRELY to my reading of Ace's guide...it describes a really good mindset to have while playing scum, even in its unfinished form.

There is a lot of really good stuff in there man, and I don't think you give it the credit it's due because you don't like Ace's style of posting. Sounds familiar.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
NewbieXXXI_ObsQT
Profile Joined March 2013
183 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 08:25:57
March 15 2013 08:25 GMT
#296
Soooooo I think the streaming site I used thinks that 40 downloads is too much for a free account and froze the podcast stream. While I find a better source to stream it from, feel free to download the podcast from my google drive:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BztYu18cOor9UjJHc1B2REFHLUU/edit?usp=sharing

Oh 'doh this is Hapa.
The two man power trip.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 15 2013 08:27 GMT
#297
Awww boo. Let's just make a tumblr blog for it. O.O
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 15 2013 08:30 GMT
#298
On March 15 2013 17:27 VisceraEyes wrote:
Awww boo. Let's just make a tumblr blog for it. O.O


Tumblr is max 10MB hosting I think. This one's 67 MB >>

Blame our rambling lol

I'll continue to search for a free solution to this. Google drive seems best for now, though there's no streaming. I really doubt I'll be able to freely stream a 2.25 hour podcast =(
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 15 2013 08:32 GMT
#299
Isn't it free to upload it to iTunes? They generate RSS for it and everything I think...
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 15 2013 08:36 GMT
#300
On March 15 2013 17:32 VisceraEyes wrote:
Isn't it free to upload it to iTunes? They generate RSS for it and everything I think...


iTunes publishes podcasts, but they don't host. Atleast that's what I"ve garnered from my google search on it:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/creatorfaq.html
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyun 64
NotJumperer 56
sorry 56
Bale 35
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto205
League of Legends
JimRising 555
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Other Games
summit1g7972
Coldzera 728
WinterStarcraft414
ceh9383
C9.Mang0301
NeuroSwarm106
Sick96
ViBE23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick608
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2283
League of Legends
• Rush1101
• Lourlo884
• Stunt390
• Jankos291
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 4m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 4m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 4m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.