• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:52
CEST 18:52
KST 01:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9596 users

Mafia Podcast! - Page 16

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 75 Next
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 15 2013 08:40 GMT
#301
Wait, /forehead

I still have hosting through my previous podcast that we can use I think. I'll have to research it...it's been a year since I've touched any of that stuff.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 15 2013 08:41 GMT
#302
Ah heeeere we go:

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/16961224/TL_Scumcast_Ep1

Let me know if that works.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 15 2013 08:44 GMT
#303
It works for me
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 15 2013 09:19 GMT
#304
Anyway, back to my thoughts on the actual podcast. Someone should be the actual host (I nominate Hapa because his voice is the sexiest :O) and he should introduce everyone. Everyone waiting to say their own name was a little awkward, and if there are going to be any kind of revolving guests that will be awkward every time. Plus the host needs to do some kind of introduction that briefly goes over what will be discussed in the episode. Think of it as a tl;dr for the podcast.

I said earlier that these things should focus on improving the overall quality of games. I wanted to repeat that because I think it's important. These podcasts should have a purpose, and I think that purpose should be improving the overall quality of games.

If you can decide on topics beforehand and in advance, that will give everyone a chance to be on the same page come casting time...in case they have to read the game being discussed or get examples for something they want to say about a specific topic or what have you.

I think community questions are a great idea, and I think in future episodes you'll have more questions to sift through. What this means is that you'll be able to cherry-pick questions that are relevant to the discussion for that particular episode.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 15 2013 09:22 GMT
#305
And with that I'm going to bed. Thanks for doing that guys that was cool
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 15 2013 09:56 GMT
#306
On March 15 2013 18:19 VisceraEyes wrote:
Anyway, back to my thoughts on the actual podcast. Someone should be the actual host (I nominate Hapa because his voice is the sexiest :O) and he should introduce everyone. Everyone waiting to say their own name was a little awkward, and if there are going to be any kind of revolving guests that will be awkward every time. Plus the host needs to do some kind of introduction that briefly goes over what will be discussed in the episode. Think of it as a tl;dr for the podcast.

I said earlier that these things should focus on improving the overall quality of games. I wanted to repeat that because I think it's important. These podcasts should have a purpose, and I think that purpose should be improving the overall quality of games.

If you can decide on topics beforehand and in advance, that will give everyone a chance to be on the same page come casting time...in case they have to read the game being discussed or get examples for something they want to say about a specific topic or what have you.

I think community questions are a great idea, and I think in future episodes you'll have more questions to sift through. What this means is that you'll be able to cherry-pick questions that are relevant to the discussion for that particular episode.

Blatant +1

inc. Hapa is a good suggestoin for host.

Dr.H kept dropping out a lot, so in some ways, Hapa became de facto host anyways
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 15 2013 13:34 GMT
#307
I need to get on this podcast and explain my scum play
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 15 2013 13:42 GMT
#308
Hmm, I need to get a mic and get in on this. If nothing else I should be good for disagreeing with people.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 15 2013 13:52 GMT
#309
Having done this sort of thing before, I wish I could reliably be a part of this, but I doubt my opinions would be as valuable. Plus you probably wouldn't want a baby in the background.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 15 2013 14:15 GMT
#310
I don't see why not. Not really up to me, though.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
March 15 2013 14:20 GMT
#311
Thanks for the feedback! <3
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 15 2013 15:07 GMT
#312
On March 15 2013 22:34 Ace wrote:
I need to get on this podcast and explain my scum play


be careful about that, the more you explain it the easier it is to catch you
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 15 2013 15:17 GMT
#313
Yeah hapa should host until I get a mic.

The intro was planned but because of mic delay/awkwardness it was slow. Another cast uses that intro and its very snappy, tough to do that on skype.

RIP Aaliyah
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 15 2013 15:21 GMT
#314
Good cast. I would echo the need for some more structure, a designated moderator, and fixed mic issues (maybe a makeshift stand for your phone near your computer until you have a comp mic?).

DrH - You rambled some and the obvious mic trouble.

Kurumi - I sometimes had a harder time following what you were saying than the other casters. Some of that is the different accent, but some of it is a lack of annunciation.

BH - Your voice is higher pitched than I subvocalized when I read your posts. I found that amusing.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 15 2013 15:26 GMT
#315
I was designated as a moderator but we determined it was hard to easily follow an outline with how little preplanning we did. All of that will be better next time.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 15 2013 15:36 GMT
#316
It could be a month or two before I get a computer again. I do have access to one that I could use but it has no working headphone jack which is a problem.

As far as the structure, there were a couple problems. Early on BH tried to move to the next topic a little prematurely and it seemed awkward. We spent maybe 5 minutes discussing structure before we actually started the cast and it'll take more time for us to get used to that. I like what VE said about not being afraid to talk over eachother, it's just a lot more awkward to do over Skype without being super familiar with eachother. I'm gonna try to tone down the rambling and keep my phone in one place for the next few casts which Hapa can host since he has the best sound quality mic on the cast rn.

I'd love to have you on Ace for the next episode.
RIP Aaliyah
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 15 2013 15:40 GMT
#317
Can I call in via phone or do I need a mic?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 15 2013 15:43 GMT
#318
So far, I'm on my third time through. I think there needs to be a general outline with a rough guess on discussion time for each caster. This will help people know where you're supposed to be headed towards. I would also include any questions you're going to answer on it as it allows everyone to think about it ahead of time.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 15 2013 16:10 GMT
#319
I think that depends on who is hosting the skype call
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 15 2013 16:10 GMT
#320
Are you satisfied with how we answered your questions? We spent a lot of time talking about you.
RIP Aaliyah
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
mouzHeroMarine 134
UpATreeSC 124
BRAT_OK 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3737
Bisu 1757
Soulkey 1287
EffOrt 773
Mini 557
Larva 347
Horang2 272
ZerO 262
actioN 174
ggaemo 163
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 123
Mind 82
hero 69
Sharp 63
Shinee 60
sorry 54
Snow 49
Hyun 41
Barracks 38
Bale 31
Trap 29
Terrorterran 23
ToSsGirL 18
NaDa 16
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5628
Dendi1195
XaKoH 414
420jenkins356
League of Legends
Reynor84
Counter-Strike
fl0m3430
pashabiceps709
Fnx 671
x6flipin484
edward32
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes464
Liquid`Hasu48
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1525
hiko864
FrodaN601
XBOCT236
Livibee192
TKL 114
QueenE93
C9.Mang067
Mew2King43
ZerO(Twitch)25
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV684
League of Legends
• Nemesis3920
• TFBlade804
Other Games
• Shiphtur505
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 8m
Patches Events
23h 8m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.