• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:01
CEST 20:01
KST 03:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8692 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVIII - Page 17

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 73 Next
TheRavensName
Profile Joined August 2011
United States911 Posts
March 07 2013 08:45 GMT
#321
Anyways, sleepy time sense nothing is really going on. Ta ta.
I once breadcrumbed watcher in a game with no watchers in the setup.
MeatlessTaco
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States302 Posts
March 07 2013 08:53 GMT
#322
On March 07 2013 17:45 TheRavensName wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 17:31 nobodywonder wrote:
nope.

we need to create an atmosphere of clarity, and transparency and one main thing is no lurkers. thats why i voted bduddy, just want him to respond. we need a fundamental level of contribution. we cant have an afk town and win.

we cant let lurkers lurk. thats a very dangerous situation - can lead to mislynchs and town HAS to pressure to contributing.



Wouldn't lynching chaos be more of the main thing then lurkers?


So you are fine with letting mafia lurk without any scrutiny? Pretty convenient.
nobodywonder
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States848 Posts
March 07 2013 08:56 GMT
#323
I'd rather like to avoid lynching on Day 1 if theyre unjustified. I want the threat to pressure lurkers to contribute and this would lead to the best case scenario. But if lurkers dont contribute, I have no issues with lynching,

SO Pressuring lurkers to contribute => they contribute. the goal is get contribution (not to lynch, unless necessarily)
i want nobody nobody but you! *clap* *clap*- wonder girls
nobodywonder
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States848 Posts
March 07 2013 09:08 GMT
#324
just realized i voted incorrectly; should be ##Vote: bduddy

anyways sleepy
i want nobody nobody but you! *clap* *clap*- wonder girls
bduddy
Profile Joined May 2012
United States1326 Posts
March 07 2013 09:37 GMT
#325
Hello, fellow players. Before I am tagged as a "lurker" or other similar slur, I would like to state that the any lack of posting over the next few days is for purely personal, non-strategy reasons. I will, however, attempt to participate as much as I can, starting tomorrow.
>Liquid'Nazgul: Of course you are completely right
Frorgon
Profile Joined October 2010
United States146 Posts
March 07 2013 13:29 GMT
#326
Good morning all.

Glad to see things picking up a bit now.

As far as the discussion on "lurkers", I don't think it can be considered an applicable label for anyone as of yet, I mean there is still a lot of time left in day 1. But I will definitely be keeping my eye out over the next few hours.I also agree that I'd rather find a logical reason to lynch someone on day 1 instead of just randomly choosing someone. I'm not afraid to call people out but it seems quite scummy to just attack someone without any useful contribution behind it.

Also bduddy, you can claim you are lurking for personal reasons, but how are we to know this is true? You were warned before this game started that you should only commit if you had the proper amount of free time. A busy schedule is no excuse, so I do hope you contribute.
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 07 2013 13:43 GMT
#327
Good morning Frorgon!

Have you seen anything so far that you think might be worthy of a lynch?
OmniEulogy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada6600 Posts
March 07 2013 14:09 GMT
#328
damn you guys got active after I went to sleep I missed out on the only period of time where I could have messed around that being said I like the activity from some of you. ^_^ Weak read on Krafla already but so little has happened that it can change quickly.

Why even bother mentioning it then? I'm going to try playing this game out as honest as possible and try to let you guys know my thought process as often as possible. As the game progresses and hopefully as my actions will prove me to be town to the rest of you, you will be able to trust that what I say does indeed come from the mouth of a townie. I don't expect anybody to believe me at this stage in the game but as I said hopefully as we progress my actions will make it more and more clear to you all.

@Krafla our of curiosity (and as I believe you are actually here) how do you feel about having a no-lynch if we run into a dead-end at the end of D1?
LiquidDota Staff
Matriarch
Profile Joined April 2012
United States21 Posts
March 07 2013 14:12 GMT
#329
Good morning!
Meatless, if I HAD to pick someone to lynch right now I am afraid I would have to choose you. I don't understand why your knee jerk reaction to my earlier question was very pro-town. Yes, this is a game of mafia but we ARE supposed to be helping our neighbors. This is a newbie game and we are still learning AND how are we supposed to find scum without help from each other?
Also, you seem to be pushing really hard for these early uneducated votes. The game has just begun, we have a lot of time left in the day to examine cases and actions.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
March 07 2013 14:26 GMT
#330
Vote Count

Krafla (2): WaveofShadow, TheRavensName
MLuneth (1): Rainbows
nobodywonder (1): MeatlessTaco
bduddy (1): nobodywonder
Arctic Daishi (1): MLuneth

Krafla is currently set to be lynched. ~34.5 hours until the deadline. Voting is mandatory
Frorgon
Profile Joined October 2010
United States146 Posts
March 07 2013 14:31 GMT
#331
To answer your question Krafla, the most suspicious behavior to me on day one that could be worthy of a lynch is anyone who posts a lynch vote without reason, or someone who attempts to provide justification for future lurking. I'm also suspicious of blatant lurking, but like I said I think it's too soon to tell who the obvious lurkers are. That's why I'm not sure if I want to cast my vote yet. I want to see if anyone lurks really bad because that could affect my decision.
OmniEulogy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada6600 Posts
March 07 2013 14:31 GMT
#332
On March 07 2013 23:12 Matriarch wrote:
we ARE supposed to be helping our neighbors. This is a newbie game and we are still learning AND how are we supposed to find scum without help from each other?


I agree, Although I don't think it would be wise to take everything at face value right away from anybody, it is pretty simple to get some type of idea in your head of who is honestly trying to push a town agenda and hunt scum vs lurkers and people who don't contribute in a meaningful way. Then choose to believe / work together with the people who are highest on your town side. WoS does have a point though, this early it is very important to be skeptical of everybody so that scum doesn't infiltrate town and possibly even take over it.
LiquidDota Staff
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 07 2013 14:34 GMT
#333
On March 07 2013 23:09 OmniEulogy wrote:
damn you guys got active after I went to sleep I missed out on the only period of time where I could have messed around that being said I like the activity from some of you. ^_^ Weak read on Krafla already but so little has happened that it can change quickly.

Why even bother mentioning it then? I'm going to try playing this game out as honest as possible and try to let you guys know my thought process as often as possible. As the game progresses and hopefully as my actions will prove me to be town to the rest of you, you will be able to trust that what I say does indeed come from the mouth of a townie. I don't expect anybody to believe me at this stage in the game but as I said hopefully as we progress my actions will make it more and more clear to you all.

@Krafla our of curiosity (and as I believe you are actually here) how do you feel about having a no-lynch if we run into a dead-end at the end of D1?


My gut says a no-lynch would be a bad thing because we wouldn't learn anything from it, although, this is my first game so I don't have any experience to back up that feeling with! Is a no-lynch generally considered better than a miss-lynch on the first day?

I still don't like the fact that we've got a few people that we haven't heard from and we're 14 hours or so into the game, I can't help but feel that we're giving them an easy ride if they are scum lurking. I'm still happy to give them the benefit of the doubt but this time tomorrow if we still haven't heard anything from anyone, then I think we seriously need to start asking why!
OmniEulogy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada6600 Posts
March 07 2013 14:34 GMT
#334
On March 07 2013 23:31 Frorgon wrote:
I want to see if anyone lurks really bad because that could affect my decision.


Kinda interesting as in all of my newbie games so far, the biggest lurkers have at least 1 or 2 scum in them. I think it's a solid place to start looking but also very difficult if too many people do it. Which is why my 1st post basically begged people to contribute if they are town. Not doing so will most likely lead to a townie getting lynched at one point
LiquidDota Staff
OmniEulogy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada6600 Posts
March 07 2013 14:38 GMT
#335
On March 07 2013 23:34 Krafla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 23:09 OmniEulogy wrote:
damn you guys got active after I went to sleep I missed out on the only period of time where I could have messed around that being said I like the activity from some of you. ^_^ Weak read on Krafla already but so little has happened that it can change quickly.

Why even bother mentioning it then? I'm going to try playing this game out as honest as possible and try to let you guys know my thought process as often as possible. As the game progresses and hopefully as my actions will prove me to be town to the rest of you, you will be able to trust that what I say does indeed come from the mouth of a townie. I don't expect anybody to believe me at this stage in the game but as I said hopefully as we progress my actions will make it more and more clear to you all.

@Krafla our of curiosity (and as I believe you are actually here) how do you feel about having a no-lynch if we run into a dead-end at the end of D1?


My gut says a no-lynch would be a bad thing because we wouldn't learn anything from it, although, this is my first game so I don't have any experience to back up that feeling with! Is a no-lynch generally considered better than a miss-lynch on the first day?

I still don't like the fact that we've got a few people that we haven't heard from and we're 14 hours or so into the game, I can't help but feel that we're giving them an easy ride if they are scum lurking. I'm still happy to give them the benefit of the doubt but this time tomorrow if we still haven't heard anything from anyone, then I think we seriously need to start asking why!


Generally no, I believe a no-lynch is a terrible idea D1. It basically gives scum a free night kill and town gain no information.

As far as Artic goes it is possible he's still sleeping / at school as the game started a little bit later than I had expected and it is still early in the morning where he is. I'll give him till this afternoon until I start to worry about him.
LiquidDota Staff
OmniEulogy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada6600 Posts
March 07 2013 14:40 GMT
#336
EBWOP: missed an entire sentence =/

Even if we miss-lynch D1, the information we should be able to gain from it if we don't horribly botch it should make up for losing a townie. As I understand it, it's very rare in newbie games to lynch scum D1.
LiquidDota Staff
OmniEulogy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada6600 Posts
March 07 2013 15:06 GMT
#337
On March 07 2013 23:31 OmniEulogy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 23:12 Matriarch wrote:
we ARE supposed to be helping our neighbors. This is a newbie game and we are still learning AND how are we supposed to find scum without help from each other?


I agree, Although I don't think it would be wise to take everything at face value right away from anybody, it is pretty simple to get some type of idea in your head of who is honestly trying to push a town agenda and hunt scum vs lurkers and people who don't contribute in a meaningful way. Then choose to believe / work together with the people who are highest on your town side. WoS does have a point though, this early it is very important to be skeptical of everybody so that scum doesn't infiltrate town and possibly even take over it.


EBWOP: Said WoS, meant Taco. my bad
LiquidDota Staff
ChewOnStu
Profile Joined March 2013
United Kingdom7 Posts
March 07 2013 15:50 GMT
#338
Hi guys, i havent posted anything yet due to time-zone/school. Going to read over the last few pages and see what i can contribute.
Meeeeeeeeeeeh
Rainbows
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany1217 Posts
March 07 2013 16:19 GMT
#339
On March 07 2013 17:31 nobodywonder wrote:
nope.

we need to create an atmosphere of clarity, and transparency and one main thing is no lurkers. thats why i voted bduddy, just want him to respond. we need a fundamental level of contribution. we cant have an afk town and win.

we cant let lurkers lurk. thats a very dangerous situation - can lead to mislynchs and town HAS to pressure to contributing.




On March 07 2013 17:56 nobodywonder wrote:
I'd rather like to avoid lynching on Day 1 if theyre unjustified. I want the threat to pressure lurkers to contribute and this would lead to the best case scenario. But if lurkers dont contribute, I have no issues with lynching,

SO Pressuring lurkers to contribute => they contribute. the goal is get contribution (not to lynch, unless necessarily)


Wtf? So your vote is pressuring a lurker to do things... but you don't want to lynch them? Why would you openly say this??? That defeats the entire purpose of the PRESSURE move.

Scum want no-lynches btw. You also seem very unwilling to take a stance. "I don't want to lynch anyone without justification" "I want to no lynch" "I'll be content with lurker lynching"

WHAT IS IT THAT YOU WANT! You are stupidly wish-washy right now.
ChewOnStu
Profile Joined March 2013
United Kingdom7 Posts
March 07 2013 16:25 GMT
#340
On March 07 2013 17:29 Krafla wrote:
I think lynching people that aren't participating in the thread is probably the best way to go at the moment


Lynch All Lurkers can be a pretty scummy tactic as it gives scum an excuse to kill off town. PRESSURING lurkers on the otherhand...

However I believe its still a little early to consider someone lurking at the moment.
Also going to withhold my vote until i have more to go on.

Meeeeeeeeeeeh
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1036
ComeBackTV 894
TaKeTV 558
SteadfastSC504
LamboSC2361
IndyStarCraft 216
Rex105
EnkiAlexander 69
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 504
LamboSC2 361
mouzHeroMarine 306
IndyStarCraft 216
ProTech151
Rex 105
UpATreeSC 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25563
firebathero 203
Rush 130
ToSsGirL 32
Trap 24
Bale 19
Shine 17
Sexy 15
Djem5 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7186
qojqva1612
420jenkins141
Counter-Strike
fl0m1645
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1926
crisheroes1264
Liquid`Hasu545
XaKoH 181
MindelVK11
Other Games
Grubby2063
ceh9840
FrodaN744
Beastyqt603
ArmadaUGS192
Hui .170
KnowMe139
QueenE114
C9.Mang0112
Trikslyr76
Mew2King65
Dewaltoss48
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream74
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• Adnapsc2 4
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix13
• 80smullet 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis2656
League of Legends
• TFBlade1113
Other Games
• imaqtpie784
• WagamamaTV266
• Shiphtur213
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 59m
Stellar Fest
18h 59m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.