• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:49
CEST 07:49
KST 14:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7362 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVI - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
February 04 2013 04:34 GMT
#808
On February 04 2013 13:12 iamperfection wrote:
guess who asked for the most coaching


Warbaby?
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
February 04 2013 07:04 GMT
#811
Thanks marv for analysis.


My tl;dr postmoretem is basically I think on D3 I was worrying too much about a D4 scenario where it is down to Acid, Cora, slayalot, and myself, trying too hard to play a game that was basically over. Should have just followed my own advice, lynch scummiest player, sit and wait.

About D2:

Although not participating actively D2, I did get to skim the thread at around 6~7 hours before deadline, but had to leave for work commitments at about the time when warbaby started softclaiming and did not have enough time to put together a solid post to state my belief in his innocence. I also thought that people would be able to see that we had to keep him alive, but turns out, I was wrong.

Imagine my horror when I came back, and catching up on pp 20~25 I find all my null and town reads flinging mud at one another while my scumreads got pretty much a free pass to sheep (which they did, increasing my suspicions on them). I wanted to vote with warbaby on glurio or slayalot, but things were moving way too fast -- particularly when Sn0's cop claim came up I knew I had to jump in and post spontaneously rather than try to draft a longer post. Good thing Acid also saw the obvious solution at about the same time, but disappointing we could not get Sn0's switch in time and simply win there.

About N2/D3:

Glurio's posting late D2 and in N2 was incredibly scummy, but Corazon managed to muddy things up again in N2, and that evidently affected zarepath's will post as well. It did throw me off balance for a bit, and without any clear signal from Acid on how he felt about Cora, I wanted to try and coax both Acid and Cora to come out and lay out some cases or reasoning, and earn some town cred to improve townreads on them. In hindsight I completely botched this -- should have remembered that these were the same guys going at each others' throats for a good chunk of the game. Turns out Corazon wasn't really in a state to take pressure anymore, even after taking a short break. Things completely break down again.

Since scum didn't even dare to take the opening that I'd left to make a substantial Sno-Cora case (for us to bash to pieces!), I ended up offering my goggles-fully-on case to see if Acid would be able to spot the inconsistencies, but all I got was Sn0 starting to panic. Once it became clear that Acid wasn't going to say much about it, and corazon had actually left after voting himself, I decided it was time to end the charade. In hindsight I feel that it was a big mistake to actually vote Corazon along with the case, which would have made it look like I actually believed that stuff. (Well no, actually the mistake might have been even making that post to begin with.)

Happily for us glurio goes into super scummy try-hard mode with like 20 min to go, which together with his N2 and early D3 posts really sealed the deal and confirmed him as the correct choice for both Acid and myself.

==========

I feel like I need to explain my "newbie refund" comment to avoid any misunderstandings. It is not directed at anyone's play, it is a statement about:
- how the whole game felt incredibly "WTF" -- this is a confluence of many factors, and I blame no individual for this
- how the game was pretty much over just as my schedule allowed me to actually become active, so I technically didn't even have to do all that stuff in N2 and D3 if I didn't want to. But that's par for the course for a replacement I guess. At least I didn't get NK immediately.

==========

On February 03 2013 15:18 cDgCorazon wrote:
However, Cake blamed me for sheeping, and decided to vote me. I was really pissed that he could not see I was bad town, and that Glurio was bad scum. [...] I wasn't going to back down because if Cake and Acid could not use logic, I would have kept the vote on myself and basically force the town to lose the game because of it's stupidity.

Believe it or not, I did believe that you had simply botched D2+N2, and I was trying to offer an opportunity for you to reestablish some cred, and pushing you to do it, hoping that you'd be in a better state to play after some rest. But I mismanaged it, my bad. Since I was "fresh" I failed to properly judge how emotionally spent you guys already were.


On February 03 2013 15:18 cDgCorazon wrote:
When I played XXXIII (and I guess to a lesser extent, XXXIV), I was on Winter Break. I had all the time in the world to refresh the page and read everything through. This time, I didn't have that luxury.

You and me both. I was just fortunate that my schedule opened up, and the fact that I was busy earlier allowed me to stay out of the fray.

==========

On February 03 2013 16:10 Sn0_Man wrote:
I also mentioned this earlier (I think) but this setup looks ridiculously town favoured, although I'll admit that the medic save working Night 1 is not gonna be that common. And I guess my cop claim was pretty lucky for me (in the end) because scum would have killed me if I hadn't claimed (funnily enough).

The 2of4 setup is not that imbalanced at all. What happened in this game was actually unusual, but it is best understood as a consequence of a dice roll giving us this particular setup, in combination with the D1 play.

In particular, day 1 was like a 5 or 5.5 player game in which only very few people were highly active. Zare was such an obvious target for scum kill / medic protect; scum rolecop just needed to pick from the remaining actives. Cora and warbaby were both excellent choices for cop check, and Cora, Acid and warbaby were all controversial players inviting N2 soft cases and D2 mislynch target.

On February 03 2013 16:10 Sn0_Man wrote:
[..] lynching the uncontested medic claim, [..] It did bring a lot of clarity (for me at least).

Clarity for you is useless when the correct thing for scum to do would be to kill you. I had serious concerns about whether I would be able to convince Corazon not to mislynch Acid together with the scum if that scenario had happened, which was why I played up the fact that killing zare would leave us with no confirmed townies. I guess Cora's little deception also helped convince scum to try to play to discredit you -- although it also had negative repercussions for us.

==========

On February 03 2013 20:14 JacobStrangelove wrote:
It was an interesting game to obs, the end was kinda crazy I almost thought you guys would wifom your way into stupidity. You have to be 100% sure to pull those kinda moves on mylo. That said I did do it before successfully but that is because I was 100% sure of my reads and was confirmed town basically (forced the vote switch with that power) I think it was cake that said even he wasn't convinced of his own case.

Nah, I knew that it was a load of weak WIFOM, which was why I:
  • called it a "narrative", not a case.
  • emphasized "hypothesis", which meant it should be tested for veracity.
  • "[seen through] goggles", implying that serious bias needed to be applied to even make up that story.
My motives are explained earlier. I don't think I managed it well, though.


On February 03 2013 20:14 JacobStrangelove wrote:
For instance Sno knew the game was solved but you can't relax right then you have to convince everyone you know are town why it's right. If you ground it into them there is no possibility for error.

This, very much, was what I was trying to get out of him (and Cora).
At least Sn0 immediately attacked the obvious weak points of the rubbish hypothesis.

==========

On February 04 2013 08:06 glurio wrote:
I'd like to apologize to everyone for me being so inactive. I actually was lurking a lot this game. After the last game i wanted to contribute much more but rolled scum and often was too scared to post. Because everything i wrote up sounded incredibly scummy or stupid, so i didn't. Since most of town were killing each other anyway.


You guys basically threw away a game that town handed to you on a silver platter on early-to-mid D2. When town starts fighting with itself so hard, even better for you to get active and try to sound reasonable, or join the fray and foster more chaos. Choosing to have both scum wagon weakly onto an ongoing mislynch and then disappearing for a large chunk of the day is the last thing you want to do in that situation. I already had both of you pegged for doing that D1, and when I saw the same again on D2 it just stood out way too much, especially in contrast to the acerbic argument that was going on. When I was reading to catch up and saw warbaby's trying to get votes on you guys for "lurking", I wanted to vote with him because not because of the lurking, but because of your scummy voting. However things were really started to explode and under the time pressure of impending deadline I failed to elaborate properly other than stating:
(Basis: voting patterns)

Having said that, scum can be really hard to play as a beginner; better luck next time!


On February 04 2013 08:06 glurio wrote:
I'll try to make the next game more fun for everyone.

Hey guys pre-emptive scumclaim, right here!


cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-16 05:48:25
December 16 2016 05:48 GMT
#839
oops.
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4546
Leta 1783
Shuttle 223
Shine 45
ZergMaN 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm238
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King37
Other Games
summit1g7628
WinterStarcraft592
Sick152
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick467
BasetradeTV208
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1416
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2168
League of Legends
• Lourlo1099
• Rush757
Other Games
• Shiphtur458
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 11m
Patches Events
9h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 11m
OSC
17h 11m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.