• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:40
CEST 08:40
KST 15:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7902 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVI

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 24 2013 18:09 GMT
#94
I was postponing my signup since I'm still going to be fairly busy for the next week or so and the roster wasn't filling up, but if you guys are moving to a 9P setup then I'll just
/replacement
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 29 2013 01:38 GMT
#235
Hey guys, just popping in to ack that I'm replacing in. I'm still busy with work for a few more hours, haven't read anything yet so ya'll gotta give me some time to catch up -- will try to get something together before I go to bed tonight hopefully. (PST, GMT-8)
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 29 2013 20:17 GMT
#300
Okay guys, yesterday's work took longer than I expected and left me too exhausted to properly devote to the game, so I've only just started catching up this morning. Just got up to speed (Pg 15) on my notes but not ready with solid cases yet, plus I really need to dash out real soon. I will post more when I get back later tonight, but for now I want to point out a few things briefly:

-----

1.
I count N1 as a qualified success in that no one died. Sn0 discussed:

+ Show Spoiler +

On January 30 2013 00:23 Sn0_Man wrote:
What I would like to discuss right now is the night action. Remember that NOBODY DIED last night. The scenarios that I can think of for that are:

A) Mafia shit the bed (pretty unlikely given that they have a coach),
B) Both mafia members are/were inactive (Cakepie... )
C) Town has a JailKeeper/Doctor who is a clairvoyant (this one seems the most likely).

In the case of C, however, there is an interesting distinction between having a JK and a Doc. If we have a Doc, they have a confirmed townie on their hands, although that isn't necessarily that helpful. If we have a JK, then they know that their target is EITHER mafia OR the mafia target last night. But they can't be certain which. That again is interesting.



As warbaby also pointed out, there is a possibility of both JK and Doc being present, so you must not discount that.

This takes me to the next point:

-----

2.
Nobody has made any claim of being roleblocked.
(All roleblocked targets are notified if they were blocked successfully).

Hence, either:
a. there is no jailkeeper, or
b. someone is hiding something, and the j/k knows this.

Note that (b) is reliable even if there are both doc and j/k in the game. A doc, if present in this game, cannot assume that the nokill is due to a successful save by them -- it may be due to success by a possible jk.
Whereas the j/k at this point can conclude that their N1 target has chosen to not reveal that they got roleblocked. And in a newbie game, that is equivalent to a lie.

However I don't think that this information is valuable enough to be worth a roleclaim so early in the game. Careful crumbing might be useful. (likewise with the doc's possible confirmed townie)

-----

3. Guys, remember that the bad guys have a rolecop as well.

-----

4.
On January 30 2013 00:23 Sn0_Man wrote:
[...] Cakepie is the only TRULY afk player over the course of all of Night 1...

I replaced into the game with 2h remaining in N1 phase, in the middle of my workday. Be reasonable about it.

In fact, you'll have to bear with a couple days of reduced participation from me as I was not expecting to have to replace in this early:
On January 25 2013 03:09 cakepie wrote:
I was postponing my signup since I'm still going to be fairly busy for the next week or so and the roster wasn't filling up, but if you guys are moving to a 9P setup then I'll just
/replacement

I have to teach a 90 min lecture in an hour from now and another one in two days, the prep work for that has been keeping me fairly busy. I'll try to devote as much of my free time as possible, but my schedule really only starts to open up toward the end of the week.


cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 00:16 GMT
#511
Dammit you guys I can't process all this new information fast enough.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 00:24 GMT
#520
What do you guys think of as the better alternative, glurio or slayalot?

I was willing to get behind warbaby's vote on glurio, but things moved too quickly.
(Basis: voting patterns)

In any case I am not willing to be on either the cora or warbaby wagons.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 00:28 GMT
#526
##Vote: Slayalot

I can get behind this.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 00:32 GMT
#532
right, we'd have to convince one of you guys on the warbaby wagon to move. It'll have to Sn0 or Cora.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 00:40 GMT
#546
Sn0 will you consider switching off warbaby?

If you are indeed cop we can get more use out of you one more night if warbaby can protect you. And if you are not protected, then warbaby is lying = confirmed scum to be lynched D3, as opposed to the current uncertain situation.

A chance that warbaby is not lying and we get another cop read, is better than no chance at all -- you WILL be killed if you are telling the truth, and unprotected tonight
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 00:53 GMT
#558
Sn0, you're looking for the most implausible explanations for a simple situation.

I think you're all barking up the wrong trees based on perceived poor play, aggressive play, WIFOM, and some OMGUS.

You switching off warbaby is guaranteed to be a nett positive outcome: either we catch warbaby lying if he fails to protect you tonight, or we get more use out of your cop pr.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 00:56 GMT
#562
On January 31 2013 09:55 Sn0_Man wrote:
Or scum didn't kill night 1 and then somehow we see warbaby as this unlynchable doc when he is scum?


How likely is that? It'd have to be either really ballsy scum, or completely absent and not playing scum. I don't think so.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 00:58 GMT
#564
Seriously, if both sn0 and warbaby are telling the truth, then we win simply by not mislynching warbaby.
If we mislynch warbaby and then lose sn0, we'd be fighting an uphill battle with only 2 confirmed town in zare and cora
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 00:59 GMT
#567
Sn0 I want to believe you are cop, but if you don't switch I can only view your play as anti town.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 01:58 GMT
#584
gg warbaby. I regret not getting in here in time to save you.

Alright guys, N2 could be interesting -- does mafia kill the confirmed town (Zare) or the cop claim (Sn0) ?
Both should prepare a will for just before daypost.

@Sn0 assuming you are telling the truth, do not waste N2 check in vain -- you might actually survive the night.
You get to pick from four players, 50/50 chance of hitting scum, significantly better odds if you pick intelligently.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 02:55 GMT
#587
On January 31 2013 11:50 Acid~ wrote:
Sn0_Man:
[...]
plus the breadcrumbing early in the day...
[...]


Where is this breadcrumb? I must have missed it.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 03:00 GMT
#589
On January 31 2013 11:58 zarepath wrote:
If there is a JK, they NEED to role claim. It means that Sn0_Man was lying.


Plus JK's N1 target who failed to report being blocked.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 03:28 GMT
#593
On January 31 2013 12:15 Acid~ wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On January 31 2013 11:55 cakepie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 11:50 Acid~ wrote:
Sn0_Man:
[...]
plus the breadcrumbing early in the day...
[...]


Where is this breadcrumb? I must have missed it.


First one, earliest:

On January 31 2013 00:18 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2013 23:53 zarepath wrote:


He condemns Acid so severely for tunneling WB -- in fact, it's the core of his case on him. But I don't see a cohesive scum case or clear direction in Corazon's play, or even a modicum of contemplation, or for seeking relevant new information.
Corazon looks scummy to me.


Pro Tip: We aren't lynching Cora today.


Second one:

On January 31 2013 07:02 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 06:57 cDgCorazon wrote:
I'm not switching because I know that if he flips doc I'm going to get called out on it. You guys do a great job of twisting my words. I'm sticking to my guns. If WB flips scum, just know that I put pressure on him too.

If anyone has been listening to anything I say besides what they use to twist my words, it's a tough call. Both have been playing really terrible games. I just feel like Acid's is just a bit worse at this point still.

Just as he called out WB, this is his contribution to the scum hunt: | |

(The space in between the lines is his contribution.)


I have a plenty strong town read on you, don't worry about your own image, nail the scum. If he turns out doctor its me and acid who screwed up.
Voting acid when he clearly won't get lynched today is not helping town. All you do is make the scum votes more powerful by throwing yours away.


Third one:

On January 31 2013 07:54 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 07:49 warbaby wrote:
Lurker 1: cakpie. His single post was probably more useful than all of the contributions of,
Lurker 2: Slay

We need to get rid of these clowns before we can properly scumhunt. I am most comfortable at this point lynching a lurker.


Warbaby can't properly scumhunt until we kill the last 2 lurkers, yet from day 1 he was self-proclaimed "scumhunting" and anybody who questioned him was clearly scum-loving.

Can we PLEASE kill Warbaby?

@Acid: are you seriously voting cora? o_o where did everything go so wrong... Cora is *not* scum.




Oh, those, I'd noted them already, but I don't really count those as breadcrumbs -- I thought you meant Sn0 used steganography in N1 to indicate his intended action.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 03:34 GMT
#594
Is it kosher to post an encrypted message and supply the key for decoding later on?
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 05:18 GMT
#596
On January 31 2013 14:05 cDgCorazon wrote:
The fact that you're trying to push the blame of the lynch on someone else is ridiculously scummy. Zare you are indirectly (and I'm using the loosest possible meaning of "indirectly") responsible for WB's death. Don't put it on me or anyone else. It's time you owned up for your actions.


And you, the hammer vote on warbaby, are trying to blame Zare for the mislynch, because

On January 31 2013 14:05 cDgCorazon wrote:
but his case was so stupid and full of WIFOM that I basically had to make an association case between the two to vote for WB.


Are you fucking serious?
You are blaming someone else's bad case for your poor judgement?

Go back to NMM33 and look at the lessons learned for town -- you'll see that making association cases before flips are a really really bad idea. (Chrom, Mocsta)
Maybe you didn't pay attention because you were scum back then.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 05:29 GMT
#601
On January 31 2013 14:24 cDgCorazon wrote:
I'm pretty sure XXXIII meant not making associated cases based on information from flips.


+ Show Spoiler +

On December 31 2012 09:59 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2012 09:52 Chromatically wrote:
So Hapa, tell me again: should I make association cases before the lynch?


Nope! Haha, glad you learned something from our PM's.

A couple of townies were trying to put together scumteams, and I think that's a pretty faulty way of playing. Your job is to lynch the scummiest player, and then make the associations. Association cases can catch really straighforward scum plans, but against any decent scumteam, such cases are worthless. For example, I just finished a game (Witchcraft Mafia) where two scum members spent most of the game double-bussing each other.


On December 31 2012 10:01 Dandel Ion wrote:
Lists and association cases are the evil we try to erase during the newbie games.

They are the metascum of new players.

cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
January 31 2013 05:37 GMT
#602
On January 31 2013 14:05 cDgCorazon wrote:
For the rest of you, you should've called out the WIFOM in the case. Sn0 was the only one who managed to do so. You guys need to analyze these cases and make better decisions based on them.


In case it isn't clear, I thought the cases behind both wagons were weak sauce built upon too much WIFOM and OMGUS:

On January 31 2013 09:53 cakepie wrote:
I think you're all barking up the wrong trees based on perceived poor play, aggressive play, WIFOM, and some OMGUS.

1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4378
Leta 1844
Shuttle 1382
sorry 48
ZergMaN 46
Shine 38
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
JimRising 627
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King45
Other Games
summit1g7431
WinterStarcraft689
Sick176
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick519
BasetradeTV226
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 20
• Letter1418
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2213
League of Legends
• Rush1096
• Lourlo1021
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 20m
Patches Events
8h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 20m
OSC
16h 20m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.