• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:02
CEST 10:02
KST 17:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6840 users

TL Mafia Database - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 28 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 09 2014 05:12 GMT
#161
Well how much is it to upkeep cz I can take over the payments or we can donate or whatever. The database is a very useful tool after all
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 09 2014 12:11 GMT
#162
Save your money for buying me drinks next weekend babes x
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 09 2014 12:42 GMT
#163
you're the one with the job, i'm just a poor attractive student you should be buying ME drinks yo!
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 09 2014 13:45 GMT
#164
dagger through the heart
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
January 31 2014 01:14 GMT
#165
Well, there are some free hosting services here and there. It "could" be possible to use one of those perhaps?

Also, let's settle this argument, marv and Holy: You both get ME drinks instead.
I just solved your problem, you should be thanking me just now.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 31 2014 02:33 GMT
#166
We've given that a try, but unfortunately we weren't able to get any functionality out of it. Hopefully I'll come up with something in the next few weeks.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
January 31 2014 03:24 GMT
#167
What kinda server stuff do you need for the script to run? PHP & SQL? Or is it Python + SQL or something?

If you only need PHP and SQL, you could always host it on SourceForge. If you put a project on there, they give you free webspace that you can use and a couple of databases. I don't remember what all features it has, but I made a site on there a while back for a thing I made.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 31 2014 11:59 GMT
#168
Poke me prplhz. Unless you've written this thing in .net or something I should be able to host it.
Computer says mafia
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
January 31 2014 12:55 GMT
#169
Insofar as I know Amazon Web Services has a free tier. Of course, you need to get everything set up, but it should be easy to host the DB there?
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
January 31 2014 16:49 GMT
#170
Yes, AWS gives you a free instance (server) to basically put anything you want in it.
However, it kind of sucks because the free tier has a LOT of restrictions, and as soon as you pass one of them they start charging you. So at every single minute you have to keep tabs on every single thing (amount of records in the DB, amount of trafic, amount of storage, etc etc) so you don't pass the limit on one of those.

But yes, depending on your language and shit you need (SQL db, bla bla bla), your possible choices of hosting services change
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
January 31 2014 17:10 GMT
#171
Anyways, here are some options:

Heroku:
Link: https://www.heroku.com/
Pricing (free): https://www.heroku.com/pricing
No restrictions basically. Other than having 10k DB records. Oh...you need PostgreSQL though. But I really like this one, you can use Rails or PHP and others. Porting from, say, MySQL to PostgreSQL might be worth it to use this one.

AWS:
Link: http://aws.amazon.com/en/elasticbeanstalk/
Pricing (free): http://aws.amazon.com/en/free/
As you can see, you have lots of stuff to worry about to use the free tier. But...well, if you know it's just for the database, and it's not a super popular website with millions of viewers and the like, you could almost be sure you'll be below those limits. And at the very least, it'll be something like 5$ per month at some points maybe.

AppFog:
Link: https://www.appfog.com/
Pricing (free): https://www.appfog.com/pricing/
Don't know anything about this one just stumbled upon it. But it seems it may work.


The database is a web site that will likely be accessed few times. It's mainly an online storage, with a nice GUI to access it. There won't be that many data in it either, since there aren't THAT many mafia games and players in TL.
So I think choosing any of the above you guys will be fine and won't need to pay a dime. I recommend Heroku, but well you can find guides for any of the others.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
January 31 2014 18:11 GMT
#172
I've already talked to prplhz about this, since he is cohosting Classified with me.

My understanding is that the big issue is man-hours, not $$$ - I already offered to cover server costs.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
January 31 2014 18:20 GMT
#173
But isn't the whole thing already done? And it only needs an on-going server?
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
January 31 2014 18:46 GMT
#174
Like I said, just my understanding
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 31 2014 18:50 GMT
#175
On January 31 2014 12:24 Keirathi wrote:
If you only need PHP and SQL, you could always host it on SourceForge. If you put a project on there, they give you free webspace that you can use and a couple of databases. I don't remember what all features it has, but I made a site on there a while back for a thing I made.


I was able to set up the database hosting, but does anyone know if you can actually host the php side of things? I don't see any reference to a subdomain or any tools to get things set up. There is a file manager, but that seems more like something used for source control and file sharing, rather than web hosting.

On February 01 2014 02:10 gonzaw wrote:
The database is a web site that will likely be accessed few times. It's mainly an online storage, with a nice GUI to access it. There won't be that many data in it either, since there aren't THAT many mafia games and players in TL.
So I think choosing any of the above you guys will be fine and won't need to pay a dime. I recommend Heroku, but well you can find guides for any of the others.


We're actually around 7500 records right now, so we're probably not that far off from the limit.Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take a look and see if I can get any of them to work.

On February 01 2014 03:11 iGrok wrote:
I've already talked to prplhz about this, since he is cohosting Classified with me.

My understanding is that the big issue is man-hours, not $$$ - I already offered to cover server costs.


Thanks for the offer!

On February 01 2014 03:20 gonzaw wrote:
But isn't the whole thing already done? And it only needs an on-going server?


Well you have to register for an account, create the database and script the schema and records, ftp the files and set up the file structure, configure the php settings, and change all the connection strings that are currently hard coded. The issue is that once I've done this on the 2-3 "free" hosting services, it still isn't working and there isn't a great way to figure out what's wrong.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
February 01 2014 00:11 GMT
#176
On February 01 2014 03:50 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 12:24 Keirathi wrote:
If you only need PHP and SQL, you could always host it on SourceForge. If you put a project on there, they give you free webspace that you can use and a couple of databases. I don't remember what all features it has, but I made a site on there a while back for a thing I made.


Yea, there are some instructions on how to get access to your project web here: http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Project Web Services/

An example page I hosted on sourceforge: http://twitchmodbot.sourceforge.net/

Used wordpress and phpBB
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
February 01 2014 01:01 GMT
#177
On February 01 2014 03:50 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 02:10 gonzaw wrote:
The database is a web site that will likely be accessed few times. It's mainly an online storage, with a nice GUI to access it. There won't be that many data in it either, since there aren't THAT many mafia games and players in TL.
So I think choosing any of the above you guys will be fine and won't need to pay a dime. I recommend Heroku, but well you can find guides for any of the others.


We're actually around 7500 records right now, so we're probably not that far off from the limit.Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take a look and see if I can get any of them to work.


Hmm, yeah that might be a problem. Guess Heroku is out then.
AWS offers 20GB of DB space for free. Maybe AWS will be the best choice. You won't have much traffic and stuff to worry about, so you won't have to worry about the limits.


Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 03:20 gonzaw wrote:
But isn't the whole thing already done? And it only needs an on-going server?


Well you have to register for an account, create the database and script the schema and records, ftp the files and set up the file structure, configure the php settings, and change all the connection strings that are currently hard coded. The issue is that once I've done this on the 2-3 "free" hosting services, it still isn't working and there isn't a great way to figure out what's wrong.


Well, maybe I could help a little if you give me more info. Like which framework/language/database/etc you are using, if you are using a specific file system (to get images maybe), etc.
Some of the hosting services I mentioned work better with "simple" frameworks and the like. Like just a PHP server with a database and nothing else, or a whole ruby on rails structure, etc.
If you have more detailed stuff, it may be harder to get one that does exactly what you want with little effort
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-01 01:32:12
February 01 2014 01:19 GMT
#178
Although yeah, you'll need some dependency management in almost all of those.
Either Maven if you used java, Composer if you used php (I believe), gems if you used rails, etc.

EDIT: Actually, maybe not. Depends on you set up your project basically
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
February 05 2014 14:26 GMT
#179
I've finally managed to get the database connection working in some parts.

You can load a player and factions list, but loading the game info and saving any changes still isn't functional. This would be a lot easier if I had minimal php knowledge

http://tlmafiadatabase.sourceforge.net/
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-07 09:39:50
February 07 2014 09:39 GMT
#180
I may be able to help, just poke me on IRC
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4493
Leta 1716
BeSt 434
Soulkey 380
Soma 143
ZergMaN 31
Shine 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm130
XcaliburYe23
League of Legends
JimRising 562
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
summit1g8670
WinterStarcraft673
Sick228
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 58m
Patches Events
6h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 58m
OSC
14h 58m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.