• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:43
CEST 13:43
KST 20:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9772 users

Witchcraft Mini Mafia - Page 160

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 158 159 160
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-29 04:40:07
December 29 2012 04:36 GMT
#3181
@ BH

I'm not sure why you want the "mason" ability in the game so bad. I think it's really flawed, and probably unfixable in this setup:
1) There's really no incentive to use a mason chat over a DT check. Both serve the same purpose, and a DT check is a more accurate scum-hunting option for 90% of the player-base.
2) There are huge incentives against using mason chat on scumreads! Especially early in the game (before witchhunter shots are used), why on earth would you ever mason chat your scumread? You risk outing yourself for a potential vigi shot.



@ Djo
On December 29 2012 09:04 Djodref wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 08:56 DoYouHas wrote:
Your scum play in thread was pretty good, the amount of genuine effort you put into the game read as townie. Sometimes your attitude got in your way, and your priorities for night actions were a bit off (wasting the shot, killing MrZ instead of Hapa).


I don't know about Hapa. It kept JieXian really focused on the fact that he was still alive. I think it could have won us the game if the CC kill would have gone through.

And for my attitude, I was really exhausted and about to take my plane when kush finally posted his case against me ^^
Also I got less involved cause I'm in France now.


I made a similar mistake in Newbie XXI (I was scum). A player (JingleHell) led a mislynch and generally seemed off of our trail. While he was the most active player in the game, I decided not to shoot him because I felt he was helping our cause. The next day, he led a last-minute lynch on my scumbuddy, and we shot him immediately. With the most active town-player in the game gone, it was so easy to push mislynches left and right.

You should consider using NK's on active and/or veteran players in the future. One of scum's objectives is to have a safe platform to push their goals. Getting rid of obstructive townies is always a great thing for scum. Also, if you shoot all the active players early-on, you're usually left with a lurkish, easily manipulated town in the later stages of the game.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 29 2012 05:04 GMT
#3182
I was kind of hoping to get what I considered the "main" mafia roles in, and masonry is one of them. If it doesn't work with witchcraft, though, it doesn't work with witchcraft. If it's never gonna get used and can't be fixed it might as well be cut.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 29 2012 06:31 GMT
#3183
I think that if you want the next witchcraft game to play very similar to this one, with just some slight tweaks, you should scrap the masonry option. My suggestion could add quite a bit of intrigue to the game, but it is not a small change.
Guts? Determination? $5?
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 29 2012 10:21 GMT
#3184
*cackles evilly* I knew you'd come round to my way of thinking
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-29 15:11:42
December 29 2012 14:40 GMT
#3185
On December 29 2012 04:55 DoYouHas wrote:
Agreed MrCc. With the exceptions of Hapa, DP, Thrawn, and maybe MrZ, this game should be looked back on as a cautionary tale. Trying to justify bad play after the fact isn't helping anyone to learn from their mistakes.


nah dyh you played well imo I never suspected you much. The last time I did something stupid as town I commended scum's play because he fooled me well and I overlooked him. He knew what he was doing. Actually he kinda has your style too. So that's a lesson to take home.

I never suspected that kush and djo were together like marv said, their distancing was really good I have to give them credit for that.

Marv luckily I realised that 1 important point before I blew =( I already said why I didn't think it was a townie led plan.

I learnt from my mistakes alright, which is that people may not shoot the best town to screw with 1 guy and some might actually not mind going along with a plan that would sign their GG.

I learnt that it's stupid to assume people won't make stupid decisions or decisions that seem stupid to me.

Hapa I seriously still find some parts of your playstyle to be scummy and I guess that's just your town style.

I'd like to think that I'm not an idiotic sore loser and I'll gladly give credit to kush and djo where it's due : good distancing, screwing with my mind by not shooting hapa (though I won't play that way) but definitely not your "bluff" on Hapa's plan.
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
December 29 2012 15:23 GMT
#3186
On December 29 2012 23:40 JieXian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 04:55 DoYouHas wrote:
Agreed MrCc. With the exceptions of Hapa, DP, Thrawn, and maybe MrZ, this game should be looked back on as a cautionary tale. Trying to justify bad play after the fact isn't helping anyone to learn from their mistakes.


nah dyh you played well imo I never suspected you much. The last time I did something stupid as town I commended scum's play because he fooled me well and I overlooked him. He knew what he was doing. Actually he kinda has your style too. So that's a lesson to take home.

I never suspected that kush and djo were together like marv said, their distancing was really good I have to give them credit for that.

Marv luckily I realised that 1 important point before I blew =( I already said why I didn't think it was a townie led plan.

I learnt from my mistakes alright, which is that people may not shoot the best town to screw with 1 guy and some might actually not mind going along with a plan that would sign their GG.

I learnt that it's stupid to assume people won't make stupid decisions or decisions that seem stupid to me.

Hapa I seriously still find some parts of your playstyle to be scummy and I guess that's just your town style.

I'd like to think that I'm not an idiotic sore loser and I'll gladly give credit to kush and djo where it's due : good distancing, screwing with my mind by not shooting hapa (though I won't play that way) but definitely not your "bluff" on Hapa's plan.

Hapa's plan was not supposed to work because there was supposedely no way to abstain. Also, your vote had fucked the plan.
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-29 15:36:25
December 29 2012 15:32 GMT
#3187
no no no no no I've told you enough times. Since you won't listen to me and I'm sick of repeating the same thing I'd need blazinghand to clarify on how the voting system is


Kush, in fact, this is very good for us
Because people are going to vote for "nobody"
They have to cast the Witchcraft vote, they cannot send nothing. If they follow the rules, "nobody" is going to win. There is not going to be any blues next round. That's perfect !
I think that the order of the votes went like this
Cheese -> "nobody"
Hapa -> "ghost"
Hopefully,then, JieXian and ghost are going to vote as well
JieXian -> "nobody"
Ghost -> "nobody"

Then, "nobody" becomes blue, that's the rule. If they miss it for the rest of the day, then it's totally OK
I'm going to look not so bad because I accepted the thing. If JieXian complains, he is going to look bad. So, yeah, don't worry ^^

@Blazinghand -> Could you confirm that nobody is going to win if the votes happened the way I described it ?
I'm not asking to know which one of Hapa and Cheese voted first ^^



@Blazinghand -> Could you confirm that nobody is going to win if the votes happened the way I described it ?


My vote didn't change anything except my own decision making. My CLAIM would've.

oh ya for that matter, if it works the way you think it works, there's absoluely no reason why Mr Nobody shouldn't win with 2 votes to 2 since I voted very late.
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
December 29 2012 16:13 GMT
#3188
That was pretty fun.
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
December 29 2012 17:46 GMT
#3189
On December 30 2012 00:32 JieXian wrote:
no no no no no I've told you enough times. Since you won't listen to me and I'm sick of repeating the same thing I'd need blazinghand to clarify on how the voting system is


Show nested quote +
Kush, in fact, this is very good for us
Because people are going to vote for "nobody"
They have to cast the Witchcraft vote, they cannot send nothing. If they follow the rules, "nobody" is going to win. There is not going to be any blues next round. That's perfect !
I think that the order of the votes went like this
Cheese -> "nobody"
Hapa -> "ghost"
Hopefully,then, JieXian and ghost are going to vote as well
JieXian -> "nobody"
Ghost -> "nobody"

Then, "nobody" becomes blue, that's the rule. If they miss it for the rest of the day, then it's totally OK
I'm going to look not so bad because I accepted the thing. If JieXian complains, he is going to look bad. So, yeah, don't worry ^^

@Blazinghand -> Could you confirm that nobody is going to win if the votes happened the way I described it ?
I'm not asking to know which one of Hapa and Cheese voted first ^^



@Blazinghand -> Could you confirm that nobody is going to win if the votes happened the way I described it ?


My vote didn't change anything except my own decision making. My CLAIM would've.

oh ya for that matter, if it works the way you think it works, there's absoluely no reason why Mr Nobody shouldn't win with 2 votes to 2 since I voted very late.

Djo was right. That was the way it was intended to work. There was a loophole that let people abstain for voting, rather than voting "nobody"

The idea was for it to be similar to ##Vote: No-Lynch. At the end of the day, if "Nobody" had the most amount of votes, no one would receive a blue power, rather than the person with the next highest number of votes.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-29 19:46:31
December 29 2012 19:43 GMT
#3190
eh? what about this line? this was the loophole you were referring to?

can't put more than one vote on a guy or vote for themselves-- a self-vote is an abstain.


Wasn't hapas plan about asking everyone to abstain
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
December 29 2012 19:48 GMT
#3191
On December 30 2012 04:43 JieXian wrote:
eh? what about this line

Show nested quote +
can't put more than one vote on a guy or vote for themselves-- a self-vote is an abstain.


Wasn't hapas plan about asking everyone to abstain

It was. But that line you quoted was a mistake, and not intended functionality. But BH couldn't change the rules mid-game.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
December 29 2012 19:53 GMT
#3192
ok...... then I'd suggest better wording next game and maybe include a detailed explaination like the no-lynch vote one because

X top winners can choose from the following pool of Powers


"Nobody" can't win something or choose powers.
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
December 29 2012 20:29 GMT
#3193
On December 30 2012 04:53 JieXian wrote:
ok...... then I'd suggest better wording next game and maybe include a detailed explaination like the no-lynch vote one because

Show nested quote +
X top winners can choose from the following pool of Powers


"Nobody" can't win something or choose powers.

All of that was already discussed in the post game

BH said it wasn't intended for people to be able to abstain, and the next game it will be worded better so that abstaining isn't possible.

BTW, the "Nobody" thing was clarified on day 1.

On December 15 2012 11:52 Blazinghand wrote:
You can use one of your votes to cast a "no-one" vote. If "no-one" wins, it blocks out a spot in the election. Today there are 10 townies alive, which means you are electing three blues, which means you must cast three witchcraft votes. One of these votes may be a vote for "no-one", and if it is in the top 3 choices town will have one less blue role than usual tonight.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-02 18:50:59
December 30 2012 15:37 GMT
#3194
ok then, didn't notice that at all
sucks to have went through that mindfuck because of loopholes

to the vets, might it be a great strategy to go nuts at the strongest townie players so that mafia won't shoot him*? :D
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 01 2013 21:37 GMT
#3195
I think typically the best strategy as a townie is to push your scumreads, and defend your townreads if they are in danger of getting lynched. Your goal in this setup isn't really to avoid getting shot, since every townie basically has the same role-- Acolyte. Trying to appear unhelpful to avoid getting shot doesn't really help the town, and though you live longer, you are likely less useful as a result.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 02 2013 05:47 GMT
#3196
Well GG all.

I didn't really feel a part of this game as I got killed so very quickly. scum had this in the bag if they just killed hapa. I don't even know how they could think keeping him alive til endgame was a good idea.

Regardless, Hapa carried this on his back. GJ Hapa!

Djo was pretty obvious day one and increasingly obvious later. I shouldn't have let my fear of a retarded mislynch of the back of hapa's suspicion of me sway me from my read of him early.

Kush had me completely fooled. Mainly because of his meta which he is now aware of and has changed which is good to know.

Don't know if it was just me but I read CC as super scummy. So that is something I need to be aware of in the future.

Anyway. all in all a pretty average game. Town should thank their lucky stars that hapa rolled town and scum made a bunch of mistakes.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
January 02 2013 06:14 GMT
#3197
On January 02 2013 14:47 DarthPunk wrote:
Kush had me completely fooled. Mainly because of his meta which he is now aware of and has changed which is good to know.

I disagree completely. His meta was to be whiny/angry when he was pressured. He was never pressured enough in this game to make him become like that. Actually, I would say he adhered to his meta, just in scum QT rather than in the thread, because of Djo being pissed at him.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 02 2013 06:18 GMT
#3198
On January 02 2013 15:14 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2013 14:47 DarthPunk wrote:
Kush had me completely fooled. Mainly because of his meta which he is now aware of and has changed which is good to know.

I disagree completely. His meta was to be whiny/angry when he was pressured. He was never pressured enough in this game to make him become like that. Actually, I would say he adhered to his meta, just in scum QT rather than in the thread, because of Djo being pissed at him.


hmmm. That actually makes sense.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-07 15:32:03
January 02 2013 18:50 GMT
#3199
On January 02 2013 06:37 Blazinghand wrote:
I think typically the best strategy as a townie is to push your scumreads, and defend your townreads if they are in danger of getting lynched. Your goal in this setup isn't really to avoid getting shot, since every townie basically has the same role-- Acolyte. Trying to appear unhelpful to avoid getting shot doesn't really help the town, and though you live longer, you are likely less useful as a result.


oh shit actually I meant won't shoot the strongest townie player***
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 23:18:46
January 06 2013 23:18 GMT
#3200
mistake psot
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Prev 1 158 159 160
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1000
WardiTV379
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 13142
StarCastTV_EN401
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko368
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 16922
Bisu 4661
Jaedong 4080
EffOrt 1275
BeSt 928
ZerO 562
Horang2 436
Pusan 304
actioN 288
Zeus 237
[ Show more ]
Larva 197
Mind 136
Hyun 125
Yoon 122
Barracks 107
ggaemo 74
Killer 54
Sharp 42
Shinee 39
scan(afreeca) 38
Bale 36
ToSsGirL 35
NotJumperer 31
Sacsri 20
Hm[arnc] 20
Snow 15
Terrorterran 13
zelot 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 10
Dota 2
Dendi937
League of Legends
JimRising 289
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1182
byalli669
markeloff66
Other Games
crisheroes249
Pyrionflax188
DeMusliM155
dupreeh108
Mew2King69
QueenE26
B2W.Neo18
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream49
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV618
League of Legends
• Jankos1265
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 17m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.