• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:13
CEST 17:13
KST 00:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9826 users

Paranoia Mafia - Page 62

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 104 Next
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
December 03 2012 21:38 GMT
#1221
On December 04 2012 05:00 DoYouHas wrote:
Here is an interesting point that should be mentioned. In a situation where there are 3 townies on the chopping block (myself, marv, DP) mafia will almost always split their vote (every time in my experience). That means that there should be at least 1 mafia on me and on DP (and probably on marv, but that is less sure because of shiao and zealos being by themselves on others).

The votelist for DP is the one that interests me the most, it had the longest time for the wagon to build, so should have had the best chance of drawing at least 1 scum vote onto it.

DarthPunk (5)<---- Has been lynched
BlazingHand, Blazinghand, Lazermonkey, marvellosity, Blazinghand, VisceraEyes, DoYouHas, debears, marvellosity, Blazinghand

I'm town. marv was town. I have a very good reason to believe BH is not scum. I have a townread on debears. That leaves Lazermonkey as the only person I think could be mafia on a list where I'm pretty sure there is a mafia.

Look at the post where Lazer votes DP. + Show Spoiler +
On December 01 2012 18:48 Lazermonkey wrote:
Just woke up...
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 10:10 wherebugsgo wrote:However, I want to point out that there is something about Lazermonkey that I find quite disconcerting: he shows up for a brief amount of time, votes randomly, and then leaves. He first did that with Ace and then did it again with Shiaopi. His exchange with Shiaopi seemed really forced and artificial, and he hasn't said anything of substance. Try to think of an opinion he's had or of anything of substance he's said: my mind comes up blank.

##vote Lazermonkey
I really don't get how you can read so much into the Ace vote TBH. It was a joke obviously
And it was less then one hour from game starting so I he was hardly in any danger at all. The fact that you are even using this as an argument against me is mind boggling.

Also, I see how you can say that I don't have any reads yet when it's quite clear that he have a scum read on ShiaoPi...While I think WBG post about me was weak, DP ''case'' is FAR worse.
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 10:47 DarthPunk wrote:
Sup. Thread was interesting to catch up with. Lots of people looking worse than they did previously.

I do want to unvote debears however.

##unvote

@VE you say that you missed the 10 post. Then how do you feel justified in your vote on debears which only makes sense if you are just sheeping marv (like I assumed you were)

Whilst reading through though one player did stick out to me as the scummiest of them all

That player is Lazermonkey.

Lazermonkey does not like to take a position.

On November 30 2012 23:20 Lazermonkey wrote:
On November 30 2012 23:07 ShiaoPi wrote:
Lazer you are painting scummotives were none are. I am simply reinforcing my question on why share them. He had initially responded to it quoting bl. I said why I dont like it and I ask again why. How is that scummy? I think you are reading into it way too much.
But you not liking it is not the same thing as it being untrue. While I don't agree with outing the reads either, I think Xata gave a legit explanation of why he did so. He could obviously be lying but he could be speaking the truth and thus I don't really see how we can read so much into it and I am treating it as a null tell for the time being.
This post is taken heavily out side of context. I said this to show how stupid ShiaoPi's arguments against Xata were. So if anything I am taking a stance AGAINST ShiaoPi. While it is true I had a null read on Xata at the time of this post(still do) that is totaly and utterly irrelavant.
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 10:47 DarthPunk wrote:When asked who his reads were.

On December 01 2012 00:37 Lazermonkey wrote:
Nothing big. I don't really like the amount some players have been trolling, but like someone said, it seems to be the norm in non-newbie games and thus I cannot make too much of a read out of it.

ShaioPi and Xata probebly isn't scum team I guess.


He says nothing at all.

On December 01 2012 01:38 Lazermonkey wrote:
On December 01 2012 01:02 austinmcc wrote:
On December 01 2012 00:37 Lazermonkey wrote:
Nothing big. I don't really like the amount some players have been trolling, but like someone said, it seems to be the norm in non-newbie games and thus I cannot make too much of a read out of it.

ShaioPi and Xata probebly isn't scum team I guess.

Which players do you feel have been overly trolly? I agree with your sentiment, but it's not enough to just state that.

So let's start something going. Here are my thoughts on Zealos. He's not posting pictures or videos to thread, but he stands out to me as someone who has been here but isn't doing anything. Filter is almost solely one-liners, with a "vote x10" that then gets unvoted. He has one post with any meat to it - + Show Spoiler +
On November 30 2012 21:13 Zealos wrote:
I disagree on the question front Xata. Asking lots of questions forces potential Mafia players to give their opinions, and it means they can't avoid talking about the topics at hand, also, it's a good way of getting discussion moving.

The way you avoid mafia being able to ask questions all game and not give opinions is to ask similar questions of them. If everyone on the town team keep pressuring one another, and the mafia team, then eventually it becomes obvious who is scum,

- but yet that post is just his thoughts on asking questions, and not actually DOING anything. While not as overtly enjoying himself as others, stuff like vote x10 and one-liners aren't doing anything for the thread.

So Lazermonkey, what are your thoughts on Zealos? Do they line up with mine?

Beyond that, pick a player of particular interest to you, and I'll give you my thoughts on them. Feel free to share yours or not.
Regarding people who are being over trolly in the sense that they basically haven't posted anything abot the game yet, BH and MrZentor. I played with Zentor and he was like this all game (aka, doing nothing) so it's mostly BH I'm concerned about. Marv have been posting alot of things but he have at least been posting some usefull stuff so I'm fine with that.

Regarding Zealos, I don't really care about any posts but his last. I basically agree what he was saying about questions, they are good but should be used as a complement to scum hunting, rather than replacing it. I don't think we can read too much into his post tho. I am going to treat him as null for the time being and see if he actually does something usefull.

Thoughts about Dandel? He have been posting quite alot although some of it have been rubbish. I don't really like how he claimed to be a noob right away. But at the same time I don't really think it's too good of a move from scum PoV either. I'm treating him null atm.


Here is how LM hedges. This could make them townie HOWEVER this could make them scummy overall they are null.
I don't really see how me making null reads on some players is making me scum. And the funny thing is, you find that my argument for saying that they are null makes me even more scummy. What a fucked up logic is that? So it would be better for me to simply say that they are null without even an explanation? If some action from some could be considered scummy or townie and it all comes down to WIFOM to determ which one it is, don't you think that is a null tell?

Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 10:47 DarthPunk wrote:Finally let's look back at his shiao vote. Something is there that may not be apparent but when some reasoning is applied seems off.

On November 30 2012 22:57 Lazermonkey wrote:
I don't like this post at all because at a first glimpse you get the impression that Marv adviced against outing town reads and that Xata still insisted on doing so when it is in fact the other way around. The only two reasons for you to do this is imo:
a). You did not read the post where Xata explained his post very carefully, but why would you make a pressure against him then?
b). You are attempting to make Xata look worse then he in fact did, which is a straight up scum motive.

Neither of these are good for town.

##Unvote
##Vote ShiaoPi


What is he saying here?

a.) shiao you are town and made what I perceive to be an error.

b.) you are scum and are trying to mislynch xatalos

either way it is a liability and you need to go.

He hedges even when voting shiao. He does not care about mislynching a townie which is 50% of the scenario for shiao in his own estimation.

Lazermonkey has been wishy-washy and has not really said anything even when voting. He is not actually contributing and not scumhunting.

##Vote: Lazermonkey
While I may not have phrased myself in an optimal way I don't get how you can say that:

''You did not read the post where Xata explained his post very carefully, but why would you make a pressure against him then?''
=
''shiao you are town and made what I perceive to be an error.''

Like WTF, there is a huge diference between theese two. While a) could be done by a really crappy town player it also can be motivated from scum PoV. And saying that there is a 50% chance for either of my estimations is bullcrap. It comes down to which of the explanations you think is more likely. He obviously either did a) or b) but it doesn't really matter unless he is a bad town player in which case we might have to reconsider. But Afaik ShiaoPi is quite experienced player, no?

Several times in this post DP are taking things out of context and he missinterprets ALOT of stuff. He is trying to make me look far worse than I in fact. There isn't any reason for this for town.

Also notice how close after WBGs post this came. While I'd say it's quite unlikely that scum team WBG and DP would make a push at the same time against me, I think it's perfectly resonable to say that DP saw WBGs post and thought there were a decent chance to cause a bandwagon on me.

DP just rose immensley on my scum-o-meter. While I am still suspicious of ShiaoPi because he is yet to come back and give a satisfying answer I think DP is looking worse.

##Unvote
##Vote DarthPunk

DP is voting Lazer because he doesn't like the number of null reads Lazer has been giving out, and he didn't like Lazer's given reasons for voting Shiaopi. Lazer is not wrong that DP didn't do a great job showing why Lazer's reasons for voting Shiaopi were bad. However, Lazer doesn't stop with just defending himself. Instead he goes right past that and OMGUS votes DP.

Thoughts?


Why am I town? :/
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
December 03 2012 21:39 GMT
#1222
On December 04 2012 06:38 MrZentor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2012 05:00 DoYouHas wrote:
Here is an interesting point that should be mentioned. In a situation where there are 3 townies on the chopping block (myself, marv, DP) mafia will almost always split their vote (every time in my experience). That means that there should be at least 1 mafia on me and on DP (and probably on marv, but that is less sure because of shiao and zealos being by themselves on others).

The votelist for DP is the one that interests me the most, it had the longest time for the wagon to build, so should have had the best chance of drawing at least 1 scum vote onto it.

DarthPunk (5)<---- Has been lynched
BlazingHand, Blazinghand, Lazermonkey, marvellosity, Blazinghand, VisceraEyes, DoYouHas, debears, marvellosity, Blazinghand

I'm town. marv was town. I have a very good reason to believe BH is not scum. I have a townread on debears. That leaves Lazermonkey as the only person I think could be mafia on a list where I'm pretty sure there is a mafia.

Look at the post where Lazer votes DP. + Show Spoiler +
On December 01 2012 18:48 Lazermonkey wrote:
Just woke up...
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 10:10 wherebugsgo wrote:However, I want to point out that there is something about Lazermonkey that I find quite disconcerting: he shows up for a brief amount of time, votes randomly, and then leaves. He first did that with Ace and then did it again with Shiaopi. His exchange with Shiaopi seemed really forced and artificial, and he hasn't said anything of substance. Try to think of an opinion he's had or of anything of substance he's said: my mind comes up blank.

##vote Lazermonkey
I really don't get how you can read so much into the Ace vote TBH. It was a joke obviously
And it was less then one hour from game starting so I he was hardly in any danger at all. The fact that you are even using this as an argument against me is mind boggling.

Also, I see how you can say that I don't have any reads yet when it's quite clear that he have a scum read on ShiaoPi...While I think WBG post about me was weak, DP ''case'' is FAR worse.
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 10:47 DarthPunk wrote:
Sup. Thread was interesting to catch up with. Lots of people looking worse than they did previously.

I do want to unvote debears however.

##unvote

@VE you say that you missed the 10 post. Then how do you feel justified in your vote on debears which only makes sense if you are just sheeping marv (like I assumed you were)

Whilst reading through though one player did stick out to me as the scummiest of them all

That player is Lazermonkey.

Lazermonkey does not like to take a position.

On November 30 2012 23:20 Lazermonkey wrote:
On November 30 2012 23:07 ShiaoPi wrote:
Lazer you are painting scummotives were none are. I am simply reinforcing my question on why share them. He had initially responded to it quoting bl. I said why I dont like it and I ask again why. How is that scummy? I think you are reading into it way too much.
But you not liking it is not the same thing as it being untrue. While I don't agree with outing the reads either, I think Xata gave a legit explanation of why he did so. He could obviously be lying but he could be speaking the truth and thus I don't really see how we can read so much into it and I am treating it as a null tell for the time being.
This post is taken heavily out side of context. I said this to show how stupid ShiaoPi's arguments against Xata were. So if anything I am taking a stance AGAINST ShiaoPi. While it is true I had a null read on Xata at the time of this post(still do) that is totaly and utterly irrelavant.
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 10:47 DarthPunk wrote:When asked who his reads were.

On December 01 2012 00:37 Lazermonkey wrote:
Nothing big. I don't really like the amount some players have been trolling, but like someone said, it seems to be the norm in non-newbie games and thus I cannot make too much of a read out of it.

ShaioPi and Xata probebly isn't scum team I guess.


He says nothing at all.

On December 01 2012 01:38 Lazermonkey wrote:
On December 01 2012 01:02 austinmcc wrote:
On December 01 2012 00:37 Lazermonkey wrote:
Nothing big. I don't really like the amount some players have been trolling, but like someone said, it seems to be the norm in non-newbie games and thus I cannot make too much of a read out of it.

ShaioPi and Xata probebly isn't scum team I guess.

Which players do you feel have been overly trolly? I agree with your sentiment, but it's not enough to just state that.

So let's start something going. Here are my thoughts on Zealos. He's not posting pictures or videos to thread, but he stands out to me as someone who has been here but isn't doing anything. Filter is almost solely one-liners, with a "vote x10" that then gets unvoted. He has one post with any meat to it - + Show Spoiler +
On November 30 2012 21:13 Zealos wrote:
I disagree on the question front Xata. Asking lots of questions forces potential Mafia players to give their opinions, and it means they can't avoid talking about the topics at hand, also, it's a good way of getting discussion moving.

The way you avoid mafia being able to ask questions all game and not give opinions is to ask similar questions of them. If everyone on the town team keep pressuring one another, and the mafia team, then eventually it becomes obvious who is scum,

- but yet that post is just his thoughts on asking questions, and not actually DOING anything. While not as overtly enjoying himself as others, stuff like vote x10 and one-liners aren't doing anything for the thread.

So Lazermonkey, what are your thoughts on Zealos? Do they line up with mine?

Beyond that, pick a player of particular interest to you, and I'll give you my thoughts on them. Feel free to share yours or not.
Regarding people who are being over trolly in the sense that they basically haven't posted anything abot the game yet, BH and MrZentor. I played with Zentor and he was like this all game (aka, doing nothing) so it's mostly BH I'm concerned about. Marv have been posting alot of things but he have at least been posting some usefull stuff so I'm fine with that.

Regarding Zealos, I don't really care about any posts but his last. I basically agree what he was saying about questions, they are good but should be used as a complement to scum hunting, rather than replacing it. I don't think we can read too much into his post tho. I am going to treat him as null for the time being and see if he actually does something usefull.

Thoughts about Dandel? He have been posting quite alot although some of it have been rubbish. I don't really like how he claimed to be a noob right away. But at the same time I don't really think it's too good of a move from scum PoV either. I'm treating him null atm.


Here is how LM hedges. This could make them townie HOWEVER this could make them scummy overall they are null.
I don't really see how me making null reads on some players is making me scum. And the funny thing is, you find that my argument for saying that they are null makes me even more scummy. What a fucked up logic is that? So it would be better for me to simply say that they are null without even an explanation? If some action from some could be considered scummy or townie and it all comes down to WIFOM to determ which one it is, don't you think that is a null tell?

Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 10:47 DarthPunk wrote:Finally let's look back at his shiao vote. Something is there that may not be apparent but when some reasoning is applied seems off.

On November 30 2012 22:57 Lazermonkey wrote:
I don't like this post at all because at a first glimpse you get the impression that Marv adviced against outing town reads and that Xata still insisted on doing so when it is in fact the other way around. The only two reasons for you to do this is imo:
a). You did not read the post where Xata explained his post very carefully, but why would you make a pressure against him then?
b). You are attempting to make Xata look worse then he in fact did, which is a straight up scum motive.

Neither of these are good for town.

##Unvote
##Vote ShiaoPi


What is he saying here?

a.) shiao you are town and made what I perceive to be an error.

b.) you are scum and are trying to mislynch xatalos

either way it is a liability and you need to go.

He hedges even when voting shiao. He does not care about mislynching a townie which is 50% of the scenario for shiao in his own estimation.

Lazermonkey has been wishy-washy and has not really said anything even when voting. He is not actually contributing and not scumhunting.

##Vote: Lazermonkey
While I may not have phrased myself in an optimal way I don't get how you can say that:

''You did not read the post where Xata explained his post very carefully, but why would you make a pressure against him then?''
=
''shiao you are town and made what I perceive to be an error.''

Like WTF, there is a huge diference between theese two. While a) could be done by a really crappy town player it also can be motivated from scum PoV. And saying that there is a 50% chance for either of my estimations is bullcrap. It comes down to which of the explanations you think is more likely. He obviously either did a) or b) but it doesn't really matter unless he is a bad town player in which case we might have to reconsider. But Afaik ShiaoPi is quite experienced player, no?

Several times in this post DP are taking things out of context and he missinterprets ALOT of stuff. He is trying to make me look far worse than I in fact. There isn't any reason for this for town.

Also notice how close after WBGs post this came. While I'd say it's quite unlikely that scum team WBG and DP would make a push at the same time against me, I think it's perfectly resonable to say that DP saw WBGs post and thought there were a decent chance to cause a bandwagon on me.

DP just rose immensley on my scum-o-meter. While I am still suspicious of ShiaoPi because he is yet to come back and give a satisfying answer I think DP is looking worse.

##Unvote
##Vote DarthPunk

DP is voting Lazer because he doesn't like the number of null reads Lazer has been giving out, and he didn't like Lazer's given reasons for voting Shiaopi. Lazer is not wrong that DP didn't do a great job showing why Lazer's reasons for voting Shiaopi were bad. However, Lazer doesn't stop with just defending himself. Instead he goes right past that and OMGUS votes DP.

Thoughts?


Why am I town? :/


[image blocked]
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
December 03 2012 21:40 GMT
#1223
On December 04 2012 06:38 MrZentor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2012 05:00 DoYouHas wrote:
Here is an interesting point that should be mentioned. In a situation where there are 3 townies on the chopping block (myself, marv, DP) mafia will almost always split their vote (every time in my experience). That means that there should be at least 1 mafia on me and on DP (and probably on marv, but that is less sure because of shiao and zealos being by themselves on others).

The votelist for DP is the one that interests me the most, it had the longest time for the wagon to build, so should have had the best chance of drawing at least 1 scum vote onto it.

DarthPunk (5)<---- Has been lynched
BlazingHand, Blazinghand, Lazermonkey, marvellosity, Blazinghand, VisceraEyes, DoYouHas, debears, marvellosity, Blazinghand

I'm town. marv was town. I have a very good reason to believe BH is not scum. I have a townread on debears. That leaves Lazermonkey as the only person I think could be mafia on a list where I'm pretty sure there is a mafia.

Look at the post where Lazer votes DP. + Show Spoiler +
On December 01 2012 18:48 Lazermonkey wrote:
Just woke up...
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 10:10 wherebugsgo wrote:However, I want to point out that there is something about Lazermonkey that I find quite disconcerting: he shows up for a brief amount of time, votes randomly, and then leaves. He first did that with Ace and then did it again with Shiaopi. His exchange with Shiaopi seemed really forced and artificial, and he hasn't said anything of substance. Try to think of an opinion he's had or of anything of substance he's said: my mind comes up blank.

##vote Lazermonkey
I really don't get how you can read so much into the Ace vote TBH. It was a joke obviously
And it was less then one hour from game starting so I he was hardly in any danger at all. The fact that you are even using this as an argument against me is mind boggling.

Also, I see how you can say that I don't have any reads yet when it's quite clear that he have a scum read on ShiaoPi...While I think WBG post about me was weak, DP ''case'' is FAR worse.
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 10:47 DarthPunk wrote:
Sup. Thread was interesting to catch up with. Lots of people looking worse than they did previously.

I do want to unvote debears however.

##unvote

@VE you say that you missed the 10 post. Then how do you feel justified in your vote on debears which only makes sense if you are just sheeping marv (like I assumed you were)

Whilst reading through though one player did stick out to me as the scummiest of them all

That player is Lazermonkey.

Lazermonkey does not like to take a position.

On November 30 2012 23:20 Lazermonkey wrote:
On November 30 2012 23:07 ShiaoPi wrote:
Lazer you are painting scummotives were none are. I am simply reinforcing my question on why share them. He had initially responded to it quoting bl. I said why I dont like it and I ask again why. How is that scummy? I think you are reading into it way too much.
But you not liking it is not the same thing as it being untrue. While I don't agree with outing the reads either, I think Xata gave a legit explanation of why he did so. He could obviously be lying but he could be speaking the truth and thus I don't really see how we can read so much into it and I am treating it as a null tell for the time being.
This post is taken heavily out side of context. I said this to show how stupid ShiaoPi's arguments against Xata were. So if anything I am taking a stance AGAINST ShiaoPi. While it is true I had a null read on Xata at the time of this post(still do) that is totaly and utterly irrelavant.
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 10:47 DarthPunk wrote:When asked who his reads were.

On December 01 2012 00:37 Lazermonkey wrote:
Nothing big. I don't really like the amount some players have been trolling, but like someone said, it seems to be the norm in non-newbie games and thus I cannot make too much of a read out of it.

ShaioPi and Xata probebly isn't scum team I guess.


He says nothing at all.

On December 01 2012 01:38 Lazermonkey wrote:
On December 01 2012 01:02 austinmcc wrote:
On December 01 2012 00:37 Lazermonkey wrote:
Nothing big. I don't really like the amount some players have been trolling, but like someone said, it seems to be the norm in non-newbie games and thus I cannot make too much of a read out of it.

ShaioPi and Xata probebly isn't scum team I guess.

Which players do you feel have been overly trolly? I agree with your sentiment, but it's not enough to just state that.

So let's start something going. Here are my thoughts on Zealos. He's not posting pictures or videos to thread, but he stands out to me as someone who has been here but isn't doing anything. Filter is almost solely one-liners, with a "vote x10" that then gets unvoted. He has one post with any meat to it - + Show Spoiler +
On November 30 2012 21:13 Zealos wrote:
I disagree on the question front Xata. Asking lots of questions forces potential Mafia players to give their opinions, and it means they can't avoid talking about the topics at hand, also, it's a good way of getting discussion moving.

The way you avoid mafia being able to ask questions all game and not give opinions is to ask similar questions of them. If everyone on the town team keep pressuring one another, and the mafia team, then eventually it becomes obvious who is scum,

- but yet that post is just his thoughts on asking questions, and not actually DOING anything. While not as overtly enjoying himself as others, stuff like vote x10 and one-liners aren't doing anything for the thread.

So Lazermonkey, what are your thoughts on Zealos? Do they line up with mine?

Beyond that, pick a player of particular interest to you, and I'll give you my thoughts on them. Feel free to share yours or not.
Regarding people who are being over trolly in the sense that they basically haven't posted anything abot the game yet, BH and MrZentor. I played with Zentor and he was like this all game (aka, doing nothing) so it's mostly BH I'm concerned about. Marv have been posting alot of things but he have at least been posting some usefull stuff so I'm fine with that.

Regarding Zealos, I don't really care about any posts but his last. I basically agree what he was saying about questions, they are good but should be used as a complement to scum hunting, rather than replacing it. I don't think we can read too much into his post tho. I am going to treat him as null for the time being and see if he actually does something usefull.

Thoughts about Dandel? He have been posting quite alot although some of it have been rubbish. I don't really like how he claimed to be a noob right away. But at the same time I don't really think it's too good of a move from scum PoV either. I'm treating him null atm.


Here is how LM hedges. This could make them townie HOWEVER this could make them scummy overall they are null.
I don't really see how me making null reads on some players is making me scum. And the funny thing is, you find that my argument for saying that they are null makes me even more scummy. What a fucked up logic is that? So it would be better for me to simply say that they are null without even an explanation? If some action from some could be considered scummy or townie and it all comes down to WIFOM to determ which one it is, don't you think that is a null tell?

Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 10:47 DarthPunk wrote:Finally let's look back at his shiao vote. Something is there that may not be apparent but when some reasoning is applied seems off.

On November 30 2012 22:57 Lazermonkey wrote:
I don't like this post at all because at a first glimpse you get the impression that Marv adviced against outing town reads and that Xata still insisted on doing so when it is in fact the other way around. The only two reasons for you to do this is imo:
a). You did not read the post where Xata explained his post very carefully, but why would you make a pressure against him then?
b). You are attempting to make Xata look worse then he in fact did, which is a straight up scum motive.

Neither of these are good for town.

##Unvote
##Vote ShiaoPi


What is he saying here?

a.) shiao you are town and made what I perceive to be an error.

b.) you are scum and are trying to mislynch xatalos

either way it is a liability and you need to go.

He hedges even when voting shiao. He does not care about mislynching a townie which is 50% of the scenario for shiao in his own estimation.

Lazermonkey has been wishy-washy and has not really said anything even when voting. He is not actually contributing and not scumhunting.

##Vote: Lazermonkey
While I may not have phrased myself in an optimal way I don't get how you can say that:

''You did not read the post where Xata explained his post very carefully, but why would you make a pressure against him then?''
=
''shiao you are town and made what I perceive to be an error.''

Like WTF, there is a huge diference between theese two. While a) could be done by a really crappy town player it also can be motivated from scum PoV. And saying that there is a 50% chance for either of my estimations is bullcrap. It comes down to which of the explanations you think is more likely. He obviously either did a) or b) but it doesn't really matter unless he is a bad town player in which case we might have to reconsider. But Afaik ShiaoPi is quite experienced player, no?

Several times in this post DP are taking things out of context and he missinterprets ALOT of stuff. He is trying to make me look far worse than I in fact. There isn't any reason for this for town.

Also notice how close after WBGs post this came. While I'd say it's quite unlikely that scum team WBG and DP would make a push at the same time against me, I think it's perfectly resonable to say that DP saw WBGs post and thought there were a decent chance to cause a bandwagon on me.

DP just rose immensley on my scum-o-meter. While I am still suspicious of ShiaoPi because he is yet to come back and give a satisfying answer I think DP is looking worse.

##Unvote
##Vote DarthPunk

DP is voting Lazer because he doesn't like the number of null reads Lazer has been giving out, and he didn't like Lazer's given reasons for voting Shiaopi. Lazer is not wrong that DP didn't do a great job showing why Lazer's reasons for voting Shiaopi were bad. However, Lazer doesn't stop with just defending himself. Instead he goes right past that and OMGUS votes DP.

Thoughts?


Why am I town? :/

Err, what? Where did he say you were town? Unless I'm just blind, he never even mentioned you in that post.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 03 2012 21:41 GMT
#1224
What keir and bugs said.
Guts? Determination? $5?
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
December 03 2012 21:46 GMT
#1225
Oh sorry, my vote for DP was about thirty seconds too late, so it was counted.

I thought my name was on that list...

+ Show Spoiler +
Ignore me...
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
December 03 2012 21:58 GMT
#1226
On December 04 2012 06:32 wherebugsgo wrote:
holy cock monger that's a long post full of absolutely nothing useful.

why, as scum, would I purposely put myself so against the guy who claimed cop, knowing my team would then shoot him, making me look terrible?

Can you answer that for me?

+ Show Spoiler +
I'm going to take a wild guess that you'll pull the WIFOM card on me


here's a reason I'm not answering you: it's a fucking waste of time. I don't find scum by telling you that you're wrong. I'm not threatened by your accusations because they aren't substantiated and I don't think anyone else is dumb enough to believe you. I am very sure you are town for exactly the same reasons Erandorr was town in Mad Men. You're just too loud and tunneling too hard to be anything but a misguided townie.

So, why should I fall for the bait and try to reason with someone who I know is already convinced I'm scum? No matter what I'll say, your bias will lead you to calling me scum. Therefore it's almost fruitless for me to acknowledge your existence.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'm going to go back to ignoring you until you come up with something reasonably intelligent.


I don't have to convince you that you're scum. I have to convince town. Your job is to convince me you are town. You have done very poorly at so if you are town

But I think you're scum. So ha!
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
December 03 2012 21:59 GMT
#1227
EBWOP

and it hasn't made u look terrible. Everyone has town reads on you o.O
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
December 03 2012 22:00 GMT
#1228
WBG what was your read on DYH heading into lynch before the claim?
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
December 03 2012 22:01 GMT
#1229
your argument falls down to basically "you're not scum because you didn't wreck the thread by arguing with me like you did with Erandorr."

If you can't see where that logic falls on its face then yes, you are indeed so biased that I was correct in ignoring you. Why would I make the same mistake twice?

On December 04 2012 06:59 debears wrote:
EBWOP

and it hasn't made u look terrible. Everyone has town reads on you o.O


you say that as if it was foreseeable.
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
December 03 2012 22:02 GMT
#1230
it was
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
December 03 2012 22:07 GMT
#1231
On December 04 2012 07:00 debears wrote:
WBG what was your read on DYH heading into lynch before the claim?


didn't really have one, since I didn't look into his posts on d1. I think I read his posts more carefully after BH said he found DYH to be scummy.

My concern was more with why people were ignoring other players such as Lazer, Zealos, etc. (all the lurkers/coasters) and why BH + marv would ever think DP was scum.
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
December 03 2012 22:34 GMT
#1232
On December 04 2012 07:07 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2012 07:00 debears wrote:
WBG what was your read on DYH heading into lynch before the claim?


didn't really have one, since I didn't look into his posts on d1. I think I read his posts more carefully after BH said he found DYH to be scummy.

My concern was more with why people were ignoring other players such as Lazer, Zealos, etc. (all the lurkers/coasters) and why BH + marv would ever think DP was scum.


Why didn't you look into his posts when he was one of the top two vote getters?
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
December 03 2012 22:35 GMT
#1233
On December 04 2012 07:34 debears wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2012 07:07 wherebugsgo wrote:
On December 04 2012 07:00 debears wrote:
WBG what was your read on DYH heading into lynch before the claim?


didn't really have one, since I didn't look into his posts on d1. I think I read his posts more carefully after BH said he found DYH to be scummy.

My concern was more with why people were ignoring other players such as Lazer, Zealos, etc. (all the lurkers/coasters) and why BH + marv would ever think DP was scum.


Why didn't you look into his posts when he was one of the top two vote getters?


I did, and I thought marv was scummier.

DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 03 2012 22:36 GMT
#1234
debears - WBG is on my to-watch list, but your case hasn't convinced me, here are a some of the reasons why.

1. Your point about WBG not having a single comment about me despite me being the obvious person to switch to to avoid a DP lynch. I only became the obvious person to switch to about 13-10 minutes before the deadline, until then it was marv or zealos. It is possible that he was actively lurking between his posting at 7:40 and 8:16, but the way his 8:16 post reads just doesn't make that seem too likely. WBG, just like everyone, had about a 10 minute window from when I became a hot topic to the deadline in order to chime in on me. That he didn't is not very condemning.

2. Just because you had a townread on marv early does not make that true for everyone else. I certainly did not, I was going to switch my vote to him (instead of DP) from Xata until the claim and until I thought it through a bit more. Something was definitely a little off about his play, I don't think I was the only one who picked up on that. Him being a DT ended up explaining that difference. WBG pushing someone you think is town is a good reason to suspect him, it is not good evidence to convince anyone else that you are right.

3. The list of player mentions wasn't worthless. It would be wrong to put too much weight into it. But knowing who VE was comfortable discussing is helpful. Using the words of a confirmed scum (who didn't think he would be dying btw) is never a bad place to start. It is a firm place to stand to leverage your new reads. WBG's attack on Shiaopi based in analysis of what VE said wasn't the best case, but it wasn't horrid either. Scum DO often refer to each other like that early on when making short lists of reads. It gives them wiggle room to make a decision on bussing or supporting their teammate later on when they are more comfortable with the direction of the town.

4. Your meta analysis isn't convincing. You show that WBG bit back at Erandorr. However, what I gathered from that was that quite a few of the town was backing Erandorr up. This is a major difference between your example meta and this game. In this game you are one of the few people pushing WBG, more people seem to feel he is town. He is under no threat of lynch(day1), and nobody seemed to take your case and run with it. You are expecting WBG's response meta to be the same between a situation where he feels under threat of lynch and one where he doesn't. It just doesn't hold up.
Guts? Determination? $5?
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
December 03 2012 22:38 GMT
#1235
On December 04 2012 07:07 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2012 07:00 debears wrote:
WBG what was your read on DYH heading into lynch before the claim?


didn't really have one, since I didn't look into his posts on d1. I think I read his posts more carefully after BH said he found DYH to be scummy.

My concern was more with why people were ignoring other players such as Lazer, Zealos, etc. (all the lurkers/coasters) and why BH + marv would ever think DP was scum.


On December 04 2012 07:35 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2012 07:34 debears wrote:
On December 04 2012 07:07 wherebugsgo wrote:
On December 04 2012 07:00 debears wrote:

WBG what was your read on DYH heading into lynch before the claim?


didn't really have one, since I didn't look into his posts on d1. I think I read his posts more carefully after BH said he found DYH to be scummy.

My concern was more with why people were ignoring other players such as Lazer, Zealos, etc. (all the lurkers/coasters) and why BH + marv would ever think DP was scum.


Why didn't you look into his posts when he was one of the top two vote getters?


I did, and I thought marv was scummier.



Liar. Can we plz lynch this scum?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 03 2012 22:38 GMT
#1236
On December 04 2012 07:35 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2012 07:34 debears wrote:
On December 04 2012 07:07 wherebugsgo wrote:
On December 04 2012 07:00 debears wrote:
WBG what was your read on DYH heading into lynch before the claim?


didn't really have one, since I didn't look into his posts on d1. I think I read his posts more carefully after BH said he found DYH to be scummy.

My concern was more with why people were ignoring other players such as Lazer, Zealos, etc. (all the lurkers/coasters) and why BH + marv would ever think DP was scum.


Why didn't you look into his posts when he was one of the top two vote getters?


I did, and I thought marv was scummier.



This is interesting, I might have to take back my #1. I had assumed that WBG wasn't actively lurking towards the deadline, but this post seems to contradict that.
Guts? Determination? $5?
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
December 03 2012 22:39 GMT
#1237
are you fucking stupid? Read the line after the red text.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
December 03 2012 22:39 GMT
#1238
let me make it red for you:

didn't really have one, since I didn't look into his posts on d1. I think I read his posts more carefully after BH said he found DYH to be scummy.
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 03 2012 22:42 GMT
#1239
While I've got you here bugs. Can you give me your thoughts on my Lazermonkey case? (Clicky)
Guts? Determination? $5?
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
December 03 2012 22:43 GMT
#1240
On December 04 2012 07:36 DoYouHas wrote:
debears - WBG is on my to-watch list, but your case hasn't convinced me, here are a some of the reasons why.

1. Your point about WBG not having a single comment about me despite me being the obvious person to switch to to avoid a DP lynch. I only became the obvious person to switch to about 13-10 minutes before the deadline, until then it was marv or zealos. It is possible that he was actively lurking between his posting at 7:40 and 8:16, but the way his 8:16 post reads just doesn't make that seem too likely. WBG, just like everyone, had about a 10 minute window from when I became a hot topic to the deadline in order to chime in on me. That he didn't is not very condemning.

2. Just because you had a townread on marv early does not make that true for everyone else. I certainly did not, I was going to switch my vote to him (instead of DP) from Xata until the claim and until I thought it through a bit more. Something was definitely a little off about his play, I don't think I was the only one who picked up on that. Him being a DT ended up explaining that difference. WBG pushing someone you think is town is a good reason to suspect him, it is not good evidence to convince anyone else that you are right.

3. The list of player mentions wasn't worthless. It would be wrong to put too much weight into it. But knowing who VE was comfortable discussing is helpful. Using the words of a confirmed scum (who didn't think he would be dying btw) is never a bad place to start. It is a firm place to stand to leverage your new reads. WBG's attack on Shiaopi based in analysis of what VE said wasn't the best case, but it wasn't horrid either. Scum DO often refer to each other like that early on when making short lists of reads. It gives them wiggle room to make a decision on bussing or supporting their teammate later on when they are more comfortable with the direction of the town.

4. Your meta analysis isn't convincing. You show that WBG bit back at Erandorr. However, what I gathered from that was that quite a few of the town was backing Erandorr up. This is a major difference between your example meta and this game. In this game you are one of the few people pushing WBG, more people seem to feel he is town. He is under no threat of lynch(day1), and nobody seemed to take your case and run with it. You are expecting WBG's response meta to be the same between a situation where he feels under threat of lynch and one where he doesn't. It just doesn't hold up.


1) Still, I had gauges on everyone to some degree. It's your job as town to have some sort of read on a person, due to how lynches can change quickly
2) But what was his evidence of "marv playing different"? He didn't provide any
3) It's something that someone can do to say "look, i'm contributing". Not damning in itself. It's something that I don't like. It's a supplement
4) I hadn't considered this point. I still feel he would want to convince his largest accuser of himself not being scum if he was town. When someone makes a case aganist you and asks you questions, you should always respond as town and refute it
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 104 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 362
OGKoka 254
Codebar 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46798
Calm 4266
Shuttle 2139
Bisu 1631
FanTaSy 1500
Mini 935
EffOrt 644
Soma 640
Rush 501
Stork 329
[ Show more ]
Light 264
Hyuk 247
Snow 234
firebathero 227
actioN 188
ZerO 181
Dewaltoss 92
Zeus 81
Barracks 80
hero 70
Killer 51
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 38
Hyun 38
Pusan 34
Sharp 33
Bale 26
Free 24
Shine 21
PianO 19
HiyA 17
Aegong 16
sorry 16
yabsab 14
zelot 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7229
Dendi1188
League of Legends
KnowMe33
Counter-Strike
x6flipin260
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes568
Lowko429
Other Games
singsing2248
hiko1854
B2W.Neo370
byalli270
Livibee218
Liquid`VortiX196
Hui .180
mouzStarbuck117
Mew2King67
Trikslyr48
Rex29
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV73
League of Legends
• Nemesis2500
Other Games
• Shiphtur337
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 2m
Replay Cast
7h 47m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.