• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:30
CEST 13:30
KST 20:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8053 users

Chrono Trigger Mafia - Page 34

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 42 Next All
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 12:19 GMT
#6402
Maybe my reading skills are not up to par, but where in this thing does it say you have to stay alive until Lavos is spawned?

Also, that sounds way too much like some kind of 3P condition. It's not the same as mine: I have to stay alive until th end of the game. However, it does not sound like something a townie would need.

On November 23 2012 02:46 CaveJohnson wrote:
I blame Acro for this post but apparently my posting is too unique it doesn't work anyway and I feel I need to explain a few things to keep Acro / S+B being murdered because they know me too well.

I claim Drazerk the Invoker Chef


I prepare dishes far and wide and have learnt techniques lost in time. I have 27 1 time use abilities and 1 multiple use ability but I can't use any if I go on a mission. So far I know 2 of my abilities (THEY ARE SO GOOOOOOOD) and can gain the knowledge of 2 more each cycle (although I can technically use any ability without knowing what it does but I'm not that insane).

My success modifier is 4 which is too low to justify not using either of my 2 abilities I already have.

Also I still dislike Marv / DJ and I think any votes for Syllo is a vote wasted. However there is at least 1 third party in the game judging by my flavour (I can handle them myself before you ask).

Now to read what I've missed.

Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 12:32 GMT
#6405
I've had it with your lies. Your night actions don't add up, you blatantly lied in your roleclaim and are tacking shit onto it whenever you feel like. You are pretty much unkillable by night actions despite claims to the contrary (being at 24 HP and shooting Toad... at which point you were NOT afraid of dying before reaching Lavos).

I'll let town take the lead on this one, as I am not sure you're scum, but I have the distinct feeling it would be bad to have you around when we reach Lavos. Whether that is scum or 3P? I don't know. I just know you're bullshitting us and have been bullshitting us all game. It's time to end that. I want to vote for you so badly right now. Townies, lets lynch CJ?
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 12:34 GMT
#6407
On December 05 2012 21:07 CaveJohnson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2012 21:00 Acrofales wrote:
@Drazerk: you are not playing your normal style. For one, you are not yelling that you should be killed before lylo, and are actually scared about staying alive, using your protective abilities on yourself rather than someone useful to town. Why is that?


I jailed Kita didn't I? gimme some credit.

Also I've already said - I need to be alive when Lavos spawns Grey knows me too well.


On December 05 2012 21:32 CaveJohnson wrote:
Sure lets lynch me


Took all of 25 minutes?
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 12:46 GMT
#6410
On December 05 2012 21:35 CaveJohnson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2012 21:34 Acrofales wrote:
On December 05 2012 21:07 CaveJohnson wrote:
On December 05 2012 21:00 Acrofales wrote:
@Drazerk: you are not playing your normal style. For one, you are not yelling that you should be killed before lylo, and are actually scared about staying alive, using your protective abilities on yourself rather than someone useful to town. Why is that?


I jailed Kita didn't I? gimme some credit.

Also I've already said - I need to be alive when Lavos spawns Grey knows me too well.


On December 05 2012 21:32 CaveJohnson wrote:
Sure lets lynch me


Took all of 25 minutes?


Who said lynching me would kill me

It killed Toad just fine when he claimed he was unlynchable. I'm not afraid of you being a jester this game.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 12:51 GMT
#6412
@Syllo: I'd help, but nobody has claimed an ability even remotely like it. Nearest are Sandro's (single target dot) and mine (3-target mini-nuke).

Zbo/austin is the only one who has so far not claimed any abilities.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 15:35 GMT
#6434
On December 06 2012 00:17 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
When Risk.Nuke said he got roleblocked he didn't know the next 5 cycles were going to be a mass claim fest where we map out everything and reach conclusions like this.


Maybe it seemed convenient for you at the time because you didn't want to pull another person into your tent.
Find me a town motive for lying and I'll listen. Or explain to me in what realm of possiblity you have the only roleblock that hasn't been claimed yet.

Or maybe his role doesn't need someone to be in the tent to do 200 damage. Or maybe it has some extra option that he didn't talk about. He said he'd invite Keirathi, changed his plans and to explain Keirathi not being in the tent claimed roleblocked. However, I am not sure risk is the only unclaimed roleblock. I thought I had more in my list. I will go and check.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 15:47 GMT
#6439
@Syllo: the problem is that N1 there are too many unverifiable night actions. However, it does kinda exculpate risk.nuke unless he could use both abilities (the mason chat I used on CJ yesterday just opens the room as the ability. I can then invite someone tonight and tomorrow night as freebies together with using other abilities. I wasn't roleblocked, so all that failed was inviting CJ to the room due to his untargettability).

Here are all the claims that either haven't been verified by someone else claiming the counterpart, or by mechanics (technically TC's claim isn't verified either, but I'm letting that slide)

Kita claims 50 damage to CJ. CJ claims taking 25.
CJ claims to reflect an action.
Hapa claims flame protection on self.
Zbo no claim at all.
Iamp claims heal on Hapa. Hapa does not claim being healed (but also claims no damage, so /shrug)
Clarity claims HP check on Marv (I believe this one is true, but it is still unverifiable)
Oatsmaster claims shot on Sandro (see Acro for explanation)
H1 claims self-damage. The shot on CJ the next day does not pan out.
GK claims to be charging his vig hit. It IS consistent with his explanation of the ability.
Keirathi claimed no action.
Syllo claimed no action.
Adam claimed a failed guess.
Acro claimed damage to Sandro, Dieno and VE (only damage to Sandro can be verified together with Oatsmaster's damage, if you assume Sandro was not lying).

The really dodgy ones, imho are:

Kita's damage to CJ that is not backed up by CJ's claim.
CJ's betrayal where nobody claims he was hit by his own spell, or even claims to have targeted CJ.
Hapa's flame protection.
Zbo not claiming anything at all ever.

The other players have at least a plausible story in combination with the mechanics they claim.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 15:50 GMT
#6440
Oh, one other thing to take into account when looking for the scum: it is highly likely they were completely inactive for a while. Insofar as we can tell, VE didn't even use his ability past D2.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 16:00 GMT
#6441
Wonky shit with roleblocks:

N1: Marv and Sandro are roleblocked. Explained by Prom.
N2: risk.nuke and Syllo are roleblocked. Keirathi claimed Syllo. Drazerk claimed to RB Djodref.
N3: CJ and Prom are roleblocked. Syllo claims Prom. Nobody claimed Drazerk.
N4: VE roleblocked. Syllo claims.
N5: CJ and Hapa are roleblocked. Syllo claims Hapa.
N6: Kita, Hapa and Iamp are roleblocked. Prom claims Iamp and Hapa and CJ claims Kita. SnB never claimed roleblocked.
N7: no roleblocks.

N2,3 and 5 all have wonky roleblock claims. Only thing that is stable in this is that Drazerk is involved all nights.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 16:22 GMT
#6445
On December 06 2012 01:11 Hapahauli wrote:
@Acro
Show nested quote +
...
The really dodgy ones, imho are:

Kita's damage to CJ that is not backed up by CJ's claim.
CJ's betrayal where nobody claims he was hit by his own spell, or even claims to have targeted CJ.
Hapa's flame protection.
Zbo not claiming anything at all ever.

The other players have at least a plausible story in combination with the mechanics they claim.


I'm not sure why you call it "dodgy", since apparently I'm one of your stronger town reads. It's not like I'm fake-claiming or anything.

I have not seen any fire damage. Sandroba's dot is possibly related to that but even that doesn't specify it's fire damage. It *might* be related to Lavos, but then the wording you have seems too obtuse: why would Greymist drop 1 hint to 1 person about this?

In other words, your claim is just plain weird. That's why it's dodgy. I have you as town because I thought your defense was genuine the last time you got into trouble. I thought your tunneling GK was also genuine. However, both can be faked by good scum.

So yes, the claim is dodgy. That doesn't automatically make you scum, it just means there's something that needs explaining.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 16:23 GMT
#6446
Oh, if we're trying to explain the unexplainable: what the hell was that countdown?
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 16:49 GMT
#6451
Who healed Dieno on N3?
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 17:18 GMT
#6457
On December 06 2012 02:06 Promethelax wrote:
I believe it is time for a mass claim.

Hapa's ability is theoretically pro town if he uses his flame retardent ability on those he thinks his flamethrower target will target. I wouldn't put it past GreY to have included that.

Risk is well known for doing the counter intuitive thing with his ability or position (see pyp:r where, after the order had been chosen he ignored the plan totally and threw the game into chaos) and his use of his ability does mesh with that.

I'm very wary of Syllo still being alive. Only way I can really see that is if all these low kp night have actually been afk scum. Which, in my mind, points towards a Risk/VE/SnB three man team after we killed Toad/Sand.

Mass claim. Names and abilities. gogogo.

Your mass claims are invariably bad. This one is no exception.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 17:24 GMT
#6462
On December 06 2012 02:10 austinmcc wrote:
I can't account for the roleblocks or any missing actions. My role is different depending on the time period, but none of them match up.
  • While in 2300 AD or 12,000 BC I can counterattack anyone who dealt damage to me.
300 damage to the last person that dealt damage to me.
If multiple people hit me in the same cycle, it's split amongst them.
  • While in 600 AD or 1000 AD I can heal/shield
150 HP heal or 75 HP shield.
  • While in 65,000,000 BC or End of Time, I can find out a target's current hp



Cycle 6 I shielded Syllo. Didn't know everyone's health values, dienosaur was dead before the end of cycle, and out of the people that were being treated as confirmed town, syllo seemed the strongest player to me.
<snip>

Why shield rather than heal? This sounds very strange. Given that shields don't give a notification I am not sure I trust you on this. If I had a choice between a 150 heal and a 75 shield, I would definitely heal.

Other healers: do you feel the amount he can heal for is inline with what you can do?
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 17:30 GMT
#6465
Wait. Your counterattack also sounds insane.

Adam claimed he damaged you in N5. You are claiming you could counterattack him in N7. Please explain this ability a LOT better. 300 damage is also far more than anybody except Drazerk has claimed he can do (oh, and H1, but he has to hit himself before he can shoot).
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 17:48 GMT
#6484
On December 06 2012 02:42 kitaman27 wrote:
I can account for the missing roleblocks.

I didn't claim it earlier because I felt there was little reason to at the time with the lynches already decided.

I couldn't rb night one, night two I was on nuke, three and four I was on toad, five and seven on cave, and six on VE.

Just because the roleblock on risk is accounted for, doesn't mean that he is clear. I've already brought up the over enthusiastic town read on sandroba day one and how he shows a contradiction in logic when defending GK for shooting Cave, yet providing a scum read on myself who also shot cave. The use of his role is silly from a town perspective and he provides very few opinions.

That being said...town having 3 roleblockers, compared to the single roleblocker flip from the scum team is quite strange...especially considering sandroba couldn't roleblock every cycle and there are so many blues the mafia has to deal with. We know Cave has a roleblocking ability that he claims is a jail. I have a town read on syllo and a slightly weaker town read on prom (mainly due to the strength of his role).

Cave, I'm quite disappointed that you decided to pass on the opportunity to provide us with 16 fake claims in the same post. You have a reputation to uphold!

This just makes shit even weirder.

N3: CJ claimed roleblocked yet you claim to roleblock Toad. I got news, because I did that.
N6: CJ claimed he could levitate.

Nights 3 and 4 you claimed you hit CJ for 50 damage. Now that is in addition to roleblocking Toad?
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 17:58 GMT
#6489
For the sake of sorting this out, I will claim some things. Firstly, I have fulfilled my secondary wincon. All I need to do now is survive.

My actions:

N1: hoped for mason, was a multishot. 75 damage to Dieno, Sandro and BioSC/VE.
N2: hoped for DT check, got a DT check on Toad.
N3: hoped for a big nuke. Got a nuke + jail. Did 100 damage and jailed Toad.
N4: hoped for a damage redirector. Got a useless shield. Was supposed to shield me for equal to the damage my target took. Targeted Kita, who probably took 0 damage. Also possible that I took 75 damage from the event and my shield was not yet working.
N5: hoped for a nuke, got a "player cannot target you for 2 cycles", but it failed anyway. I targeted Toad just in case he didn't die to the lynch.
N6: hoped for a nuke, got a special kind of watcher/tracker thing that is completely useless now, but would've been nice if I hadn't yet fulfilled my wincon. Targeted CJ
N7: hoped for a nuke, got a QT. Targeted CJ.

All my actions are breadcrumbed rather awesomely. However, they are breadcrumbed by action name, which if I reveal reveals my rolename, which I am not going to do. If you really want, I can give you my fakeclaim and the corresponding action names from my fake claim.

I still have 2 abilities left that I can only use on myself. I suspect one is a heal and the other is a damage reflection. However, I have only been right ONCE with my guesses of what my abilities do and that is because the ability was called "Mind Read".
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 18:03 GMT
#6491
On December 06 2012 03:00 Keirathi wrote:
What was your secondary wincon?

If I say that, it is ridiculously easy to guess my rolename.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 18:09 GMT
#6496
On December 06 2012 03:07 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 03:03 Acrofales wrote:
On December 06 2012 03:00 Keirathi wrote:
What was your secondary wincon?

If I say that, it is ridiculously easy to guess my rolename.


Is that a bad thing? I mean if you're fearful of another player killing you, certainly you claiming third party and being so overt about it would have ended with you dead already.

Absolutely true. The fact that I took 0 damage for a few cycles despite claiming is making me less paranoid about there being someone wanting to kill me. However, if there are more SnB-like abilities out there, I prefer they hit other people than me. Call it a survivor mentality
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
December 05 2012 18:20 GMT
#6502
@Kita:
How could you roleblock Toad while also shooting Drazerk (two nights in a row)?
How did you roleblock Drazerk on N7 when I got the report that my ability could not target Drazerk?

Unanswerable: why did Toad claim the roleblock on N3, but not on N4?
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ClassicLIVE!
ByuN vs Shameless
CranKy Ducklings153
SHIN 73
CranKy Ducklings SOOP52
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 290
ByuN 279
OGKoka 257
SHIN 73
MindelVK 22
Railgan 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68248
Calm 10798
Rain 2666
soO 981
Bisu 837
FanTaSy 788
BeSt 621
Stork 401
Soulkey 295
Rush 291
[ Show more ]
Soma 229
firebathero 203
Last 140
Snow 134
Mind 100
Light 80
Pusan 77
ToSsGirL 65
Shinee 47
hero 45
Trap 38
Free 37
Killer 31
Mong 29
Bale 29
Sexy 29
Hm[arnc] 28
Sharp 24
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
sorry 15
Shine 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shuttle 1
Dota 2
Gorgc6784
League of Legends
Reynor80
Counter-Strike
x6flipin709
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King100
Other Games
gofns37074
singsing2218
byalli655
Pyrionflax237
B2W.Neo175
Chillindude12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 102
• Gemini_19 8
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV511
League of Legends
• Jankos3089
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 30m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 30m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 30m
OSC
11h 30m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.