• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:42
CEST 15:42
KST 22:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9050 users

I Can't Believe it's not Themed MiniMafia - Page 93

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 91 92 93
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
July 26 2012 08:01 GMT
#1841
I'm also pretty interested to hear the rest of the analysis (obviously, I'm interested in hearing about my play :p )

I thought I did a decent job of being townie after the first day - even before the cop claim it didn't seem like anyone was seriously proposing me as "scum" at the end of D2/start of D3.

I know that a large part of what this town lacked was leadership and motivation, and I didn't try to step in; I felt kind of blockaded on that front by the fact that other people were posting so much more than me, and that I couldn't really post any more than I did due to the fact that I can't reliably find time to post from work, and am usually tired as fuck when I get home.




I'm unsure what to think about my scum hunting.

I feel pretty good about my read and case on dropbear - he was off my radar until someone (Milton I think) asked offhand what I thought about him, but when I read his filter carefully I noticed the huge contradiction. I also think I was right in the way I interpreted the fact of that contradiction, and didn't just get lucky - when someone gives one big piece of advice on "how to make a good town atmosphere" at the start of the game, and then doesn't follow it, it either means "they didn't believe their own advice and just posted it for something to say so they could look like they're interacting with the thread," or it means "they don't care about creating a good town atmosphere." Either way, they're probably scum.

On the other hand, I didn't continue to push that case and make a strong attempt to get dropbear lynched that same day. This was for three reasons - the less important one was that I didn't have time to post enough to really push a town with Gonzaw in it.

The second reason was, I wasn't as confident in that case as I should have been because in past games when I was correct about identifying scum, it was usually because of overall impressions of their play (for example, I figured out Mattchew was scum in Holy Roman mafia because "he was posting a lot and aggressively but wasn't actually doing anything that would help town," or I figured out Forumite in Wheel of Fortune mafia because "other than Ace (who I already was pretty sure was scum) he was one of the most veteran players left but he wasn't doing anything to lead town out of the directionless morass Ace had maneuvered it into." Both of those are more impressions or generalized interpretations of their filters rather than large cases which make several points and connections between specific posts and the overall theme - I think the last time I had a correct "big case" was also in Wheel of Fortune, where I tried to make the case against Ace that both his overall play and some of his specific posts corresponded to different elements of his "ideal scum play" from guides and past comments he had written. On the other hand, the list of incorrect "big cases" I've made is much longer - eg, against Mattchew in TL LV, against Zealos in MTG mafia, and more I'm sure. I think it's good to be aware of my limitations but the fact that I've made so many incorrect cases in the past has led me to judge the cases I make by how people react to them, and I need to figure out a way to decide how confident I should be in my own cases.

The third reason that I didn't push really hard to get dropbear lynched right away was that I recognized that sciberbia had a good case against Talismania. I think that being able to evaluate other people's cases as town is also an important skill and that I did a pretty good job here; ofc all the credit goes to Sciberbia for making that case in the first place.

So other than dropbear, however, I had a huge failing in my bad read on Mattchew. I had "gut-read" him correctly in like three games in a row where he was scum, plus I had a scum gut-read on him in LV which was the only game we were both town; so I thought that "if usually I think he's scum when he's scum, and scum when he's town, then if I think he's town he must be extra town." Bayesian statistics supports that interpretation, but maybe I should treat town gut-reads different from scum gut-reads.

So overall I would rate my scum-hunting "better than I have done in the past but still unsatisfactory." Needed to push my scum read better (gets to the leadership point) and there's also the Mattchew thing.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 26 2012 11:57 GMT
#1842
yeah cmon bugs
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 91 92 93
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 671
ComeBackTV 529
SteadfastSC346
TaKeTV 256
Rex94
IndyStarCraft 57
EnkiAlexander 37
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 346
ProTech126
Rex 94
IndyStarCraft 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44231
Bisu 2471
Horang2 1354
Shuttle 922
EffOrt 784
Hyuk 605
BeSt 569
Soma 528
Light 401
Mini 399
[ Show more ]
Larva 328
Rush 231
ZerO 209
Mong 88
Leta 85
Snow 76
Sea.KH 74
Pusan 52
Mind 47
ToSsGirL 47
Sexy 42
JYJ 35
Yoon 30
Aegong 29
Bale 21
sorry 19
Terrorterran 19
Noble 13
Rock 11
Icarus 9
Trap 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6417
Counter-Strike
Fnx 768
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1529
Khaldor1016
Lowko437
Other Games
gofns31064
singsing1995
olofmeister1413
hiko561
Beastyqt462
B2W.Neo422
XaKoH 200
Livibee197
Liquid`VortiX137
Hui .131
ArmadaUGS79
Mew2King68
djWHEAT67
QueenE15
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2392
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 18m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 18m
Online Event
21h 18m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.