• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:37
CEST 03:37
KST 10:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9670 users

Bureaucracy Mafia! - Page 40

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 226 Next
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
July 17 2012 14:26 GMT
#781
On July 17 2012 23:21 syllogism wrote:
Well you are bad at mafia then


Well prove you're not. I admit, there is not much to do other than lynch kurumi at the moment, and I also know that if I'm right you've been pushed into a very uncomfortable position due to sandroba's status atm. Any judgements you make will be reviewed by sandroba who is almost guaranteed to be town.

But between lynching kurumi, and preferably killing MZ too, you have some time if you're town.

What do you think of the rest of my list. I mean, I just mentioned that surviving and focusing on oneself would be a mafia characteristic this game, and you literally ignored what... 7-8? accusations I had to talk about yourself.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
July 17 2012 14:29 GMT
#782
On July 17 2012 23:26 rastaban wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 23:23 Palmar wrote:
On July 17 2012 23:15 marvellosity wrote:
Palmar why do you think BH is town?


I share a lot of his initial reads and opinions. using his block against chezinu says nothing about his alignment as it's the only way he can respond, although I guess waiting for a mod to confirm the nuke would've been smarter. But I don't think BH is particularly smart, but he's loud and useful.

Don't you think though as town he would have blocked the one on RoL when he learned Kurumi was mafia?


If sandroba's theory is right Kurumi has no clue who his fellow scum are, RoL might be one of them.

The only reason I think RoL is town, is that I think kurumi is scum, and I think 2 nukes, mislynch + nk on day 2 putting town in a 14v9 situation is very, very harsh from a balance perspective.

I don't mind rol dying. I wouldn't lift a finger to save him, so I can't fault BH for not doing it.
Computer says mafia
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
July 17 2012 14:31 GMT
#783
On July 17 2012 23:21 syllogism wrote:
Well you are bad at mafia then

So is sandroba, His stupidity and huge ego blinded him so much that he did nothing after his shitty ineffective gambit. Many people would listen to him, but he decided to hide. He also said something about RoL not being scum and never said what it was. If there is somebody who is bad at this game, it is sandroba. He is just sitting on his throne of gluttony, sloth and pride. He most likely is town, but he is playing terribly.
I just don't understand this, why people decide to go afk instead of doing something.. Palmar, sandroba, layabout. It makes no sense to me. That's okay town, it's not like we aren't playing the game of luck, flailing around and trying to hit while relying on blues.
Wake the fuck up and start doing things when you are able to.
I think Meapak is scum. I must stop reading the thread because it just doesn't let me concentrate.
And you filthy scum? Have fun killing yourselves.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
July 17 2012 14:32 GMT
#784
On July 17 2012 23:24 marvellosity wrote:
Ok. Why are you voting Kurumi when he's getting nuked?


a day 1 correct lynch is great. There is no reason to risk that being fucked with. I have no idea if mafia can bus/heal/block this shot from rol or not.

I say we take what we have. If kurumi is mafia, which he most likely is, we're ahead, no matter what else happens. The lynch is our safety net, you can't fuck with the lynch.
Computer says mafia
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
July 17 2012 14:34 GMT
#785
On July 17 2012 23:32 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 23:24 marvellosity wrote:
Ok. Why are you voting Kurumi when he's getting nuked?


a day 1 correct lynch is great. There is no reason to risk that being fucked with. I have no idea if mafia can bus/heal/block this shot from rol or not.

I say we take what we have. If kurumi is mafia, which he most likely is, we're ahead, no matter what else happens. The lynch is our safety net, you can't fuck with the lynch.

I am not scum.
But you're all set I am one. Nobody thought it through besides layabout and gonzaw. Thank you guys for playing this game as intended.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 17 2012 14:37 GMT
#786
Good lord you guys post too much. Read through, need to look closer at the syllo and BH stuff, but first I want to ask this:

Does anyone actually know what sandroba's power is?
On July 17 2012 06:08 sandroba wrote:
I can msg people.
I want sandroba to reveal his role. He seems sure that mafia is going to kill him
On July 17 2012 06:08 sandroba wrote:
Meh I think mafia is going to kill me anyway so no harm doing this.

...
The repercussions of my claim is that even after mafia kills me they can't know for certain there is no other abilities like mine in the game so all their communication is no longer safe. Have fun mafia =P

so there's no harm in revealing.

1-shot? 1 message per half cycle? 1 message per cycle? Please reveal more about your actual power, sandroba, because it's not sitting well with me right now. More than anything else in the thread, I'm curious about this.
Fe fi fo fum.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
July 17 2012 14:38 GMT
#787
On July 17 2012 23:37 austinmcc wrote:
Good lord you guys post too much. Read through, need to look closer at the syllo and BH stuff, but first I want to ask this:

Does anyone actually know what sandroba's power is?
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 06:08 sandroba wrote:
I can msg people.
I want sandroba to reveal his role. He seems sure that mafia is going to kill him
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 06:08 sandroba wrote:
Meh I think mafia is going to kill me anyway so no harm doing this.

...
The repercussions of my claim is that even after mafia kills me they can't know for certain there is no other abilities like mine in the game so all their communication is no longer safe. Have fun mafia =P

so there's no harm in revealing.

1-shot? 1 message per half cycle? 1 message per cycle? Please reveal more about your actual power, sandroba, because it's not sitting well with me right now. More than anything else in the thread, I'm curious about this.

He is not dying, you are. So shut the hell up and lurk. Now scram.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 17 2012 14:40 GMT
#788
On July 17 2012 23:38 Kurumi wrote:
He is not dying, you are. So shut the hell up and lurk. Now scram.

No thanks, I'd like to contribute. You're not at all curious about the magical power that out-ed you?
Fe fi fo fum.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 17 2012 14:44 GMT
#789
yeah, that wasn't helpful Kurumi. Don't attack him for posting and trying to get information, that's silly.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
July 17 2012 15:06 GMT
#790
On July 17 2012 23:26 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 23:21 syllogism wrote:
Well you are bad at mafia then


Well prove you're not. I admit, there is not much to do other than lynch kurumi at the moment, and I also know that if I'm right you've been pushed into a very uncomfortable position due to sandroba's status atm. Any judgements you make will be reviewed by sandroba who is almost guaranteed to be town.

But between lynching kurumi, and preferably killing MZ too, you have some time if you're town.

What do you think of the rest of my list. I mean, I just mentioned that surviving and focusing on oneself would be a mafia characteristic this game, and you literally ignored what... 7-8? accusations I had to talk about yourself.

What, you are talking about your dumb list? How is ignoring your dumb list in any way relevant, I'm much more interested in the fact you claim to genuinely believe that I'm mafia and it's rare for you to be this wrong about my alignment. That is a more useful indicator of your alignment to me than a random list of people who you suspect. You didn't even provide any rationale for any of your reads so I'm having a tough time believing you think ignoring them is meaningful.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
July 17 2012 15:12 GMT
#791
On July 17 2012 23:40 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 23:38 Kurumi wrote:
He is not dying, you are. So shut the hell up and lurk. Now scram.

No thanks, I'd like to contribute. You're not at all curious about the magical power that out-ed you?

I want you to survive ffs
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 17 2012 15:27 GMT
#792
##Vote: HiroPro
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
July 17 2012 15:28 GMT
#793
On July 17 2012 22:18 marvellosity wrote:
I wanna know what people think of HiroPro, coz I think he might be scum. There's some little things and then his behaviour surrounding BH.

Little things:

Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 06:42 HiroPro wrote:
No I don't believe this. The directors can only "send orders to one minion every half cycle."


Quite willing to quote the OP when he's disproving someone else's point, but

Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 22:10 HiroPro wrote:
The way I see it is in this setup, even if mafia has only 1 KP (and I would think 2 is more likely), 1 for 1 trades are good for them due to the sheer number of people they have.


hasn't read it enough to know mafia KP is set at 1 from the OP as well.


Notice how the second quote is 8 hours before the first one. I wonder what I might have done during that time....

His behaviour with the random nuke thingy is bad as well. HiroPro is not Chezinu so I do not know why he was 'joking around' with pretending to nuke BH. I see no town motivation for this but the scum motivation of causing confusion and pulling out a town block is clear enough (lol jokes! isn't a defence).


Read my filter properly before saying dumb stuff like this.

Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 01:56 HiroPro wrote:
On July 17 2012 01:53 marvellosity wrote:
On July 17 2012 01:52 HiroPro wrote:
I don't really agree. I hold my vote all the time as town if I want to see a little more from that person.


and yet you're already so convinced here that you placed your vote?

lol!


Yes. I waited for BH to respond to Probulous/sandroba and he's acted scummy in his response.


Says he holds his vote all the time ---> places a vote 11 hours into Day 1 on the back of sandroba saying BH is 'artificial'.

BlazingHand things:

I remember reading scumQT in Magic mini where Hiro said he was basically just going to tunnel Navillus. Anyway, at first he seems unsure what's scummy about BH:

Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 22:12 HiroPro wrote:
What about BH? Is it that he's basically disregarded Probulous's questioning?


But once sandroba calls him scum, Hiro is all over it.

Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 01:38 HiroPro wrote:
I agree with sandroba: BH's posting looks very artificial.

His reasoning for ignoring Probulous doesn't make sense: Probulous's question is not invalid just because BH switched targets. And his logic for thinking that sandroba/syllo are scum is laughable.

##Vote Blazinghand


Regarding the bold, here and in the posts below I bold some of the reasoning for Hiro's vote. A lot of it seems to be of the thrust that BH is illogical, without ever explaining why illogical has to mean scummy. So in the post above we have "doesn't make sense" and "laughable".

Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 02:07 HiroPro wrote:
On July 17 2012 01:55 supersoft wrote:
On July 17 2012 01:54 HiroPro wrote:
On July 17 2012 01:52 marvellosity wrote:
It looks more to me like HiroPro is going gung-ho on the tails of the experienced players and leaping in positively to look good.


You can call it whatever you want. But I see a case that I think is good.


what exactly is your case about? What do you think of MZ?


It's not my case -_-

But BH voted strangely in his switch from Chezinu to MZ (the position that he took on Chezinu was pretty much a pressure to get him to change his style yet when MZ did something very similar, BH considers it scummy (yes I see the FoS without calling scum thing, I don't consider it very strong at all: I don't think anyone is arguing that Chezinu is scum - more that his playstyle is good for scum and bad for town)). He ignored Probulous for an illogical reason. And the way in which he's posting makes it seem as if he's coming up with reasons for his actions after he actually does them.

I don't have a strong read on MZ. He seems to be sincere in his dislike of the way Chezinu/q-bert are playing but it's a position that is fairly easy for scum to take too.


Voting strangely... illogical reason. There's no explanation of the scum agenda. Same with "makes it seem as if he's coming up with reasons for his actions after he actually does them" - why is this a scumtell? Is it not true that mafia will give their posts more thought at the time rather than just posting blather and having to make up shit to excuse it later? Also for everything he actually stresses in this post "it's not my case". This seems like a weak sidestepping of responsibility.

In short I don't like his given reasoning for going after BH, he doesn't try to demonstrate any scummy agenda. I asked wbg how you scumhunt scummily, and this is it.


Sidestepping pressure and questioning, pushing cases mostly on OMGUS, making accusations without reasoning - yes those are scummy qualities. Also I love how you take "voted strangely" and completely ignore the fact that I am talking about a contradiction between BH's own voting behavior and his reason for thinking someone else is scum. I shouldn't need to spell out everything I say for you by going "this is scummy, this is scummy".
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 17 2012 15:31 GMT
#794
Voting sandroba until he reveals his power.
Fe fi fo fum.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 17 2012 15:38 GMT
#795
On July 18 2012 00:28 HiroPro wrote:
Show nested quote +

His behaviour with the random nuke thingy is bad as well. HiroPro is not Chezinu so I do not know why he was 'joking around' with pretending to nuke BH. I see no town motivation for this but the scum motivation of causing confusion and pulling out a town block is clear enough (lol jokes! isn't a defence).


Read my filter properly before saying dumb stuff like this.


On July 17 2012 11:42 HiroPro wrote:
Do you guys really think I have a nuke -_-


On July 17 2012 11:44 HiroPro wrote:
I thought the block thing was a joke....


On July 17 2012 11:46 HiroPro wrote:
I don't know lol. I thought that's what Chezinu did -_-


hasty backtrack into being srs after said joking around

On July 17 2012 11:52 HiroPro wrote:
Well I thought it was possible that we all unknowingly had nukes. Cause it seemed kinda odd that the person who Kurumi nuked also happened to have a nuke.

But if there are actually people who are "blockers", then that seems wrong.


Yes I read your filter alright. What I said was bang on.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
July 17 2012 15:42 GMT
#796
Notice how I'm responding to stick figure drawings in one and the last one I'm responding to a serious question....
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
July 17 2012 15:48 GMT
#797
On July 17 2012 23:40 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 23:38 Kurumi wrote:
He is not dying, you are. So shut the hell up and lurk. Now scram.

No thanks, I'd like to contribute. You're not at all curious about the magical power that out-ed you?

Sorry austinmcc, I refuse. Mafia has much more to gain from me claiming fully than town. Why exactly do you want to know?
I could be mafia as chairman/president and kurumi my minion since he has a power. I could be minion with this power and used it in such manner, which makes it the same effectiveness as if I were town using it.
Based on the information I presented to the thread is up to you to make a call on my alignment and kurumi's and I don't believe you need any extra information to make that call.

@kurumi If somehow you are town it's going to be a very sad day for me, but you must realize the way you reacted to that msg makes you 99.9999% mafia and we have no option but to lynch/kill you. Also nuking a person who has not posted yet is not exactly the most townie thing to do and that's what made me suspicious in the first place. If somehow you are town you should look at yourself first before accusing me of playing badly.
And you say I'm laying back and doing nothing when I'm one of the few arguing against the huge wagon on syllogism and actually trying to get BH lynched.

@palmar I think the likelyhood that nukes are real is greater outweighs the safety of a day1 guaranteed scum lynch. If mafia has some ability to redirect nukes so be it, we lynch kurumi tomorrow and BH today instead of the contrary. Speaking of BH, have you checked how he reacted when he returned to the thread after being accused? Do you really buy that?
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
July 17 2012 15:51 GMT
#798
On July 18 2012 00:31 austinmcc wrote:
Voting sandroba until he reveals his power.


I vote you, because you're scum.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
July 17 2012 15:52 GMT
#799
I have no problem with kurumi nuking rol as I already explained. And I don't think BH will flip scum. If you want to lynch someone else, MZ would be my first choice.
Computer says mafia
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
July 17 2012 15:55 GMT
#800
On July 18 2012 00:52 Palmar wrote:
I have no problem with kurumi nuking rol as I already explained. And I don't think BH will flip scum. If you want to lynch someone else, MZ would be my first choice.


You've said that already, but why????
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 226 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings93
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 321
Sharp 54
Bale 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever551
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
Doublelift4793
Counter-Strike
taco 477
Other Games
summit1g7476
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0364
ViBE138
ToD81
kaitlyn11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
BasetradeTV162
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 131
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP89
• poizon28 37
• davetesta27
• Adnapsc2 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1422
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 23m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 23m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 23m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.