• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:14
CEST 17:14
KST 00:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8554 users

Liar Game Mini Mafia - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 90 Next
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 30 2012 18:46 GMT
#181
no shit I'm going to be in a majority? i just said everyone except for one person should be in the majority...

how is my stance apathetic?? I said to keep it simple and then work it out from there. Palmar is saying we should have this plan which hinges on him being the one in power. I'm saying that if he's mafia, the situation would be extremely bad, that should be a given in any game; that giving mafia a lot of power is bad. Let's say we ARE following palmar's plan, and lets say he thinks what, like 3 people should get immunity for round A today, what does that really change? two more people going to be a part of Round B. We still need to do that exact thing in round 2 then as we would do if we kept it simple. Keeping it simple is like if it was just palmar picking only one person to be immune day 1.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 30 2012 18:46 GMT
#182
This is why we need a plan for round A; to make sure players we are suspicious of vote with the majority. As I noted earlier, chaoser is who I would be voting to lynch right now and he should definitely not get immunity today.
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
April 30 2012 18:48 GMT
#183
On May 01 2012 03:26 sandroba wrote:
@foolishness There will never be a consensus on whom to kill especially if said person is mafia. It's reasonable to assume even a few townies will have a wrong read on and will end up defending scum. Also afaik only the vote tally will be available, not who voted whom. How exactly is that going to work in practice?
Only way I can think of is that we get compliance from everyone beforehand, that they will agree to follow the voting scheme if they get out-voted (we do the traditional voting to see who will be lynched). Then we propose a unique voting scheme so we can identify who didn't follow it (each player votes for a unique combination of players).

If there is never a consensus we might as well just give up now. Forgot who said it but someone yesterday said something to the effect of, "we should assume since this is liar game if we all work together and trust each other then we will win easily". Nothing will get accomplished if we're not semi-organized with who we want dead.

It's really easy to construct a way to distribute votes once we know who we want dead. And we shoot anyone who doesn't follow. You can argue against the lynch candidate but if the rest of the town agrees to kill the person in question you have to suck it up and go with it. That's the only way we can win.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 30 2012 18:48 GMT
#184
what a horribly misrepresentation of my post...where do you get the "things will work out in the end"? When I say the votes will end up sorting out, i mean that obviously people will TALK about the votes and also be posting their votes publicly so that town can scrutinize and talk about it all.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 30 2012 18:48 GMT
#185
The reason why Palmar shouldn't be in power goes beyond any notions of how good someone can identify Town (which is erratic and no where near 100% to be considered reliable):

The game doesn't support any one person being in control. The round A votes are hidden, the round B votes can be distributed however a player wishes. That's it.

Plan finished. Good bye.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 30 2012 18:48 GMT
#186
Chaoser do you think Palmar is mafia or not?
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
April 30 2012 18:50 GMT
#187
On May 01 2012 03:46 syllogism wrote:
This is why we need a plan for round A; to make sure players we are suspicious of vote with the majority. As I noted earlier, chaoser is who I would be voting to lynch right now and he should definitely not get immunity today.

I don't care if he's in the majority or not. If he is then we pressure him and decide if we want to kill him. If he's not we turn our attention elsewhere. We need a few days and a bit of planning before we are able to do anything with the minority voting. Just let it be random for now and go after your suspects.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 30 2012 18:55 GMT
#188
On May 01 2012 03:48 syllogism wrote:
Chaoser do you think Palmar is mafia or not?


yes I do. and you by association
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 30 2012 18:56 GMT
#189
If i had to lynch someone today, it'd be palmar
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 30 2012 18:57 GMT
#190
I would rather lynch syllogism. Discuss.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 30 2012 18:58 GMT
#191
Just for the plan, or do you have other reasons? Explain.
you gotta dance
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 30 2012 18:58 GMT
#192
He's being overly aggressive. It's very un-syllolike.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
April 30 2012 19:00 GMT
#193
On May 01 2012 03:58 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Just for the plan, or do you have other reasons? Explain.

Plans should not be very relevant for the time being. Find a person who you think is mafia and make a case. This discussion will win us the game, not debating what plans we should enact to try to win. If the majority of the town agrees on a person to be killed we should kill that person. As I said it's really easy to get someone killed with the voting system. It's really hard to ensure that all the "townies" survive.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 30 2012 19:03 GMT
#194
On May 01 2012 04:00 Foolishness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2012 03:58 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Just for the plan, or do you have other reasons? Explain.

Plans should not be very relevant for the time being. Find a person who you think is mafia and make a case. This discussion will win us the game, not debating what plans we should enact to try to win. If the majority of the town agrees on a person to be killed we should kill that person. As I said it's really easy to get someone killed with the voting system. It's really hard to ensure that all the "townies" survive.

No, I'm trying to get something concrete out of Chaoser instead of just "I think Palmar needs to be lynched". That post was directed towards Chaoser.

Chaoser, explain why you want to lynch Palmar, and why you think he's scum. You're not going to convince anyone by just saying you want to lynch him.
you gotta dance
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 30 2012 19:04 GMT
#195
On May 01 2012 03:56 chaoser wrote:
If i had to lynch someone today, it'd be palmar

Ah yes, the good old "lets attract as much attention as possible and establish an obvious link between each other" strategy in a two scum team game. Do you genuinely believe this?
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
April 30 2012 19:07 GMT
#196
On May 01 2012 04:04 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2012 03:56 chaoser wrote:
If i had to lynch someone today, it'd be palmar

Ah yes, the good old "lets attract as much attention as possible and establish an obvious link between each other" strategy in a two scum team game. Do you genuinely believe this?

Not helping. Let the man answer. Give us your own reads thus far, chaoser already has some explaining to do and I trust that he will.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 30 2012 19:17 GMT
#197
chaoser doesn't have to explain anything because what he said isn't scummy.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 30 2012 19:18 GMT
#198
On May 01 2012 04:04 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2012 03:56 chaoser wrote:
If i had to lynch someone today, it'd be palmar

Ah yes, the good old "lets attract as much attention as possible and establish an obvious link between each other" strategy in a two scum team game. Do you genuinely believe this?


Before the game started, I was thinking that if I was mafia I would come out of the gate very strong, use the WIFOM of "he's so out there, there's no way he's mafia" card and then make it to day 3 or 4 by way of offering an audacious plan. There's no way such a person wouldn't attract a medic or something, as can be seen in A LOT of TL games (specifically in space station with sandro's strong coming out). Even if I didn't attract a medic, the other mafia family probably won't shoot me because they'd fear a medic protect anyway. It was more of a solo plan that I was thinking about but having another person along would make it even more "out there".

Mafia win the game by outnumbering townie, not by having as many people stay alive till the end. If mafia can waste enough time to get to LYLO, it doesn't matter what the town does since it's very rare for town to play perfectly once LYLO is reached, especially if mafia has been defending townies as well as teammates. So much WIFOM at LYLO means mafia will probably win. That's how I always play as mafia; go look at that game where Ver was badass professor. Had mafia pushed that last lynch on a townie instead of on me, town would have been at LYLO and would have been fucked. Barundar and GM had believed and supported me the whole way, they were definitely going to be mislynched sooner or later. Even if most of my team was lynched after reaching LYLO, mafia would have probably won.

That's why as soon as palmar busted out with his plan, I was very very suspicious because it was going down exactly how I thought a mafia would play it. Having one person in power in this game is actually really bad
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 30 2012 19:23 GMT
#199
I listed the old games to support my idea that mafia win by trying to get to LYLO as quickly as possible. One day to do that is to preoccupy the town for so long that they don't have time to fully work things out cause one thing kept coming up after another and by the time they thought something was wrong, it'd be too late. An example of this is my most recent game where that dude claimed cop and both him and my teammate got lynched. I was so happy he claimed cop cause so many early cycles got wasted on that.

This is exactly what would happen if any single one person was given full power in this game. Sandro's "switching" power holder is even worse...that's so goddamn complicated it'd make anything happening so screwy..
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 30 2012 19:30 GMT
#200
Right, so I'm willing to entertain the idea that is why you were skeptical of the plan, though I still think the way you argued against it suggests a non-town mindset, but you still haven't explained why you think Palmar is mafia. Even if you think that is a possible mafia strategy, do you think it is a likely one? It makes perfect sense from a town point of view and is exactly what you would expect from town palmar. Further, certainly you've actually read his posts to see if his actual content agrees with your theory? Yet, I notice a distinct lack of you pointing towards anything specific

That post is a pretty bizarre way to push the idea that someone is mafia, it seems quite defensive even
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 454
BRAT_OK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32278
Bisu 2971
Shuttle 1753
Hyuk 1168
EffOrt 627
Mini 492
Larva 447
ZerO 354
Soma 333
firebathero 242
[ Show more ]
Zeus 120
hero 116
Sexy 66
Hyun 46
Last 43
Mong 40
Trap 38
Pusan 36
PianO 34
Killer 32
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 27
Hm[arnc] 22
sorry 20
zelot 15
Terrorterran 14
Rock 12
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8005
qojqva1768
Dendi867
Counter-Strike
fl0m2751
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1499
crisheroes998
Liquid`Hasu548
Lowko463
Other Games
singsing2115
B2W.Neo1368
Beastyqt504
Hui .212
Livibee209
Mlord181
Liquid`VortiX148
KnowMe114
ArmadaUGS106
elazer89
Mew2King81
CosmosSc2 21
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream64
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 50
• StrangeGG 31
• Adnapsc2 11
• mYiSmile111
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8979
• WagamamaTV282
League of Legends
• Jankos1977
Other Games
• Shiphtur178
Upcoming Events
FEL
46m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 46m
INu's Battles
20h 46m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.