• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:27
CEST 23:27
KST 06:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9561 users

Liar Game Mini Mafia - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 90 Next
Motbob is great
Profile Joined April 2012
Wales28 Posts
April 30 2012 15:40 GMT
#141
On April 30 2012 23:57 chaoser wrote:
Ok, how do we hold him responsible? How do we know that his picks for exemption are pro-town and not pro-mafia? How long will it take us to figure out his picks are pro-mafia? Probably a very long time if he's mafia and his teammates just play very "townie like"; There are two mafia teams so it's very easy to scumhunt while being scum yourself. Putting someone into power to always decide Round 1 is ridiculous because of that. We don't know anything about mafia, what roles they might have, or how much KP they have. If palmar was part of a team, by the time we figure it out, it would be too late. Even more so since apparently he's asking people to claim to him.


This above part is very true and I'm bolding/quoting because I think it bears repeating.

Also syllo chill a bit...
Sir Motbob is the finest gentleman who ever lived (and I have his permission to make this smurf)
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 30 2012 15:42 GMT
#142
On May 01 2012 00:40 Motbob is great wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 23:57 chaoser wrote:
Ok, how do we hold him responsible? How do we know that his picks for exemption are pro-town and not pro-mafia? How long will it take us to figure out his picks are pro-mafia? Probably a very long time if he's mafia and his teammates just play very "townie like"; There are two mafia teams so it's very easy to scumhunt while being scum yourself. Putting someone into power to always decide Round 1 is ridiculous because of that. We don't know anything about mafia, what roles they might have, or how much KP they have. If palmar was part of a team, by the time we figure it out, it would be too late. Even more so since apparently he's asking people to claim to him.


This above part is very true and I'm bolding/quoting because I think it bears repeating.

Also syllo chill a bit...

Chill? Do you have a problem with me thinking chaoser is scum for saying something that demonstrates he isn't approaching the issue from a townie point of view?
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 30 2012 15:45 GMT
#143
How is it a good point for him to say his team mates can play "very townie like"? How are we even supposed to find at all if that is true? Besides if they are playing "very townie like", wouldn't people just be voting to save them anyway in round B? Again, this is nonsense. Moreover, we are just talking about day 1 plans for now, making the opposition even more absurd.
Motbob is great
Profile Joined April 2012
Wales28 Posts
April 30 2012 15:58 GMT
#144
Actually it was more in regards to your post against BC which I hadn't really read when I made my first post.

Anyway I'm actually really surprised you support this "palmar controls everything" plan. Your excuse is that we'll be able to tell if he's scum. However I'd like to take this time to point out Chaoser's quote which I bolded. Palmar can kill one or even two scum and still have his alignment be unknown. Basically, when I look at Palmar's plan I see something that's trying to draw the exact reaction you gave which is the "oh scum wouldn't put themselves out there." I find it interesting as well that you're able to make such an informed decision with Palmar only having made a few posts regarding his plan. Similarly, you're willing to condemn chaoser after only a few posts. You say chaoser isn't looking at things from a townie point of view, I don't think you're approaching things from a townie point of view. Do I think you're scum yet? Uh no, that'd be foolish to jump to a conclusion. So yeah, in retrospect my "chill" comment actually should have been more along the lines of "slow down and stop jumping to conclusions."

Refreshed the page before posting, the first bolded bit is only there so I have a completed sentence . It's the part about two families which is important.

Ok now I'm really going, see ya'll in several hours.
Sir Motbob is the finest gentleman who ever lived (and I have his permission to make this smurf)
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 30 2012 16:01 GMT
#145
If it's so simple to just "play very townie like", this whole game would be completely pointless, we can just pack up and stop playing mafia, because all scum just "plays very townie like" all the time and the game cannot be won.

And the point isn't whether or not "If Palmar is suspicious". Make up your damn mind. I have the track record to back up the notion that I should be listened to when I'm town. Not listening to me when I'm town is stupid. You either accuse me of being scum, or you listen the fuck to what I say.

There are only two sensible options

a) Think I'm town and roll with my plan, make everyone say yes, unless I pardon them.
b) Think I'm scum.
Computer says mafia
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
April 30 2012 16:01 GMT
#146
I support pretty much everything Syllo has said so far.

I also thing Palmars plan in general is a good plan. I don't think it's a good idea to simply have him in charge. First because he can die, and second because it makes sense to have multiple good townhunters deciding who is immune.

Fact is I trust Palmars town reads almost as much as my own, same goes for Syllo. By having the three of us agree on a list of townies, we will get better reads on each other, as well as have a fairly accurate list. The chances of the three of us being scum together is absurdly small, which means even if we happened to ALL be mafia on separate teams, we would STILL be making accurate lists.

Also, for those saying Palmar is somehow not accountable, that's foolish. He's the most accountable person in the thread. I KNOW he is good at town hunting, so if he has a list with a bunch players I don't agree with I will immediately know something is wrong and vice-versa.

For now everyone should be voting Yes though.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 30 2012 16:05 GMT
#147
oh that's you meapak, I was wondering who was furiously trying to break the world record in dumb.
Computer says mafia
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
April 30 2012 16:09 GMT
#148
I take it Meapak won't be receiving a pardon....

Also, lets keep a civil tone here Palmar.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 30 2012 16:10 GMT
#149
I'm always civil, just honest.
Computer says mafia
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 30 2012 16:17 GMT
#150
On April 30 2012 16:46 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 13:43 VisceraEyes wrote:
Not I. :d

Well then, let's get started.

As always, I cynically feel like any plan we hope to enact is doomed to fail so let's just vote how we want to vote for round A. We have a number advantage over scum, so voting randomly (according to how we feel) will put town at the advantage imo.

I haven't decided how to use my votes for Phase B yet. I'm still pondering the matter.

Hi, can you elaborate on this? Surely you don't mean to imply you are going to vote based on something other than information you have gained from reading the thread, and possibly your PMs?

Everyone should be able to justify their round B votes on something other than just vague notions of how useful that player generally is when town aligned.

Also, I propose we will vote which player(s) to lynch as normal. Those player(s) should then not receive any votes in round B; we could have everyone claim their votes in round B to at least have something to analyze in case they still do. Actually I suppose the downside of having everyone claim their votes in public is that mafia will is possible then less likely to vote for each other as they can tell whether their players are in danger of being voted off or not. Ideally we would choose a person who is most likely to be town (that would be me) and just have everyone PM him their votes instead.


I mean for phase A) we should just send in our answer and not worry about whether we're in the majority or minority and use the information in the thread to vote for Phase B. I didn't mean to imply that we should vote arbitrarily for the lynch, that would be ridiculous. :S
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 30 2012 16:20 GMT
#151
VE I'm not sure if I believe you as the post isn't internally very consistent if that was your meaning. If that was your intent, what conclusion did you reach now that you have "pondered" the issue?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 30 2012 16:25 GMT
#152
Well feel free to disbelieve me then syllo - at this point you're advocating a mass-claim plan which can lick my balls, so frankly I don't care if you believe me or not.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 30 2012 16:28 GMT
#153
Why would we randomly vote yes/no, that's just stupid, why would we randomly cut down the pool of lynchees rather than analytically cut it down.
Computer says mafia
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 30 2012 16:29 GMT
#154
Because there's no way to ensure the compliance of everybody, and when everybody doesn't participate the plan falls apart.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 30 2012 16:30 GMT
#155
For instance, myself and Meapak have both already voted and do not intend to change our choices. How you gonna factor that in? Especially if we don't tell you what we voted?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 30 2012 16:33 GMT
#156
that's why I'm leaving a margin of error. Most likely I'll ask 5-6 players to vote "No" and 12-13 players to vote "Yes". Then we lynch into those 12-13 players without having to waste votes on our most obvious townies. If some people decide to vote "No" without me asking them to, it's time to figure out if they're:

[image loading]

or

[image loading]

Computer says mafia
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 30 2012 16:35 GMT
#157
Cool! Well good luck sir! Because your plan doesn't demand my compliance I can safely wish you good luck in your endeavor! ^^
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
April 30 2012 16:37 GMT
#158
On April 30 2012 14:32 Foolishness wrote:
We want as few people as possible in the majority. It needs to be as close to even as possible. If we have 10 or 11 people in the majority we can control the lynch. This is because we have more votes than there are people up for lynch.

This is solid. We also have to agree on someone having the last word in round A, otherwise we can't implement what foolishness said. I'll support palmar if he agrees on pardoning max number of players.
The theory behind this is the least players that are up to being lynched, the least influential mafia votes are on keeping mafia alive. If everybody is up for lynch it is pretty impossible to get whoever we deem scum lynched.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
April 30 2012 16:38 GMT
#159
@palmar Why not 8? Don't you agree with what I've said above?
Liquid`Sheth
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States2095 Posts
April 30 2012 16:38 GMT
#160
Hi guys.
I'm in this game too.
Is this a haiku?

No. So I see two things happening. Palmar came up with a bow before me ye mortals and expects it to work. Syllogism his first leutenant and Radfield his skippy monkey friend are trying to help.

Then we have Motbob (Meapak), Chaoser, BC and a few others shouting their disdain for this plan.

I think Palmar's plan is the way to go in ROUND 1. It gives us some information and I think everyone here is smart enough to stop listening to Palmar when he acts retarded. Notice I said when, not if, cuz I mean its Palmar. (<3) I'll vote Yes forya bud!
Team LiquidUnderneath it all they were really quite nice. They just got screwed up. Mostly by stuff that wasn't entirely their fault.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
JuggernautJason79
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 190
Dewaltoss 106
Hyuk 68
Bale 14
League of Legends
Doublelift2653
Counter-Strike
Fnx 781
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King87
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5423
Khaldor881
Liquid`Hasu701
Other Games
summit1g7589
FrodaN2536
shahzam427
KnowMe402
C9.Mang0189
UpATreeSC120
ArmadaUGS107
Trikslyr50
ZombieGrub40
PPMD35
CosmosSc2 23
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV268
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream64
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH370
• davetesta2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21217
Other Games
• imaqtpie905
• Shiphtur238
Upcoming Events
OSC
33m
CranKy Ducklings
12h 33m
Online Event
13h 33m
FEL
18h 33m
AI Arena Tournament
19h 33m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 33m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.