• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:02
CEST 11:02
KST 18:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10378 users

TL Mafia XLVII - Page 110

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 266 Next
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 28 2011 00:13 GMT
#2181
On November 28 2011 09:12 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 09:08 Ace wrote:
On November 28 2011 09:04 wherebugsgo wrote:
On November 28 2011 08:59 Ace wrote:
On November 28 2011 08:55 wherebugsgo wrote:
In all seriousness,

On November 28 2011 08:47 Ace wrote:
On November 28 2011 08:39 Benjef wrote:
Haha I love this Ace guy already. Any reasoning behind your want to lynch Palmer? Hes done a pretty good job of protecting himself so far but I'm still not 100% sold on him.

Typically you want to lynch someone that is inactive or known to be useless.


this is the biggest thing I disagree with that Ace has said. It is total bull.

You always lynch whoever you think is most likely to be scum. The players who have a history of being useless are more likely to be bored town than anything else.

Problem is I can't tell if Ace is trolling right now.


You lynch who you think is most likely to be Scum when the entire Town can discuss it. Auto-lynching youngminii though? On Day 1? With jus 1 person controlling it?

Come on, that is a major reach. Hell, anyone can kill or vote for who they think are Scum. But that doesn't mean we should excuse their actions. I've read up on ym's posts and Palmar's also. Can you show me something that can justify Palmar really believing that out of 80 players ym was Scum? Show me some credible Scum behavior that should result in a lynch on Day 1 when we are all in our least informed state.


On November 24 2011 18:37 youngminii wrote:
I am one of the most transparent player in this game, my town play is top notch, my scum play is pretty bad
Unlike some other candidates, you can actually call me out for being wrong, because I'm not bad

This is a lie. Your scum play is better than your town play, according to memory.


On November 24 2011 22:05 youngminii wrote:
See you guys have already been sucked in by Palmar's smooth talking. When did I ever say Palmar's scum is better than his town? That's just a strawman that Palmar invented to make his own points stronger.


On November 24 2011 18:56 youngminii wrote:
Why are you avoiding the fact that you lied?[ You know as well as every other player who's played more than 1 game here that your scum is something to be scared of. Yet you go for a strict LAL policy. That by itself should warrant your death.


On November 26 2011 16:19 youngminii wrote:
I believe sinani.


On November 27 2011 03:43 youngminii wrote:
On November 27 2011 03:34 syllogism wrote:
Further, time is ticking and you aren't here to discuss your lynch

All according to his scummy mastermind plan. Not much we can do about it honestly, there's too many people sucked up in his words. What we can focus on is the sheriff.

I don't want sandroba to come second. I want someone else to be jailer. Perhaps sinani.


On November 27 2011 05:24 youngminii wrote:
On November 27 2011 05:20 Benjef wrote:
On November 27 2011 05:18 Serejai wrote:
On November 27 2011 05:10 Match wrote:
Liking Kitaman's plan. Palmar was my first choice for mayor and since he's probably getting it I'm switching my vote to Kitaman to make him sheriff.


What plan? You are mafia.

Annul is mafia and after his last-minute push failed his fellow mafia member kitaman decided to start his last minute push.

Vote sinani206 or BloodyC0bbler. All other candidates are mafia.

Wait really? Vote Sinani206?

You have read his posts right? I would make a better Mayor and this is my first game....

Yes but you're not a Veteran

And I mean honestly, there's no real reason to post too much on day 1 except for the standard blending in. A lot of the trolling veterans will start playing seriously once the game thins out a bit. And the logic in his substantial posts check out.


looks pretty fucking useless to me.

He also lied.



I don't see what looks useless here.

What did he lie about?


He lied about calling Palmar's scum play better than his town play.

First two quotes.


That is a subjective statement that while probably a fun point of discussion is irrelevant to the game. You can't even prove it's a lie and even if you could it's certainly not something he deserves to be lynched for. You are reaching. Hard.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 28 2011 00:15 GMT
#2182
I'm not reaching at all.

First he said Palmar's scum play is better than his town play.

Then like 3 posts later he said he never said such a thing and that townies were being conned by Palmar's strawman into believing that he said that.

The quotes prove it, this isn't some subjective opinion.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 28 2011 00:15 GMT
#2183
On November 28 2011 09:13 ey215 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 09:10 Ace wrote:
On November 28 2011 09:06 ey215 wrote:
[B]On November 28 2011 08:55 wherebugsgo wrote:
You always lynch whoever you think is most likely to be scum. The players who have a history of being useless are more likely to be bored town than anything else.


Except, why would anyone think youngmini was likely scum? Going through his posts all I can find is that he strongly opposed Palamar and then towards then end BC. His only crime was fighting against the tide of people voting for who we ended up with in power?

I suppose if you buy the whole, "His scum play is better than his town play" thing as a lie, but I that sure read more as opinion than stating outright fact.

Again, what did we gain by auto lynching youngmini? Any new information? Perhaps on Palamar and BC, but so far people (myself included) have been prone to letting a few people dictate the discussions. This has to stop now and we as newbies need to get in here and make some choices.

Why are you defending this lynch so hard? Is it because you were a key catalyst to it?


As an aside don't be intimated about being new. Experience matters only but so much in this game. Being able to think and be logical while expressing yourself is far more important, which isn't a trait that comes with more games. My first game here I lollerskated it like a pro. You can too.


Honestly, as a newbie it's all the meta references that have made it really hard to keep up with what the hell is going on but we'll just have to push through it.


Ignore most of the meta references and just focus on people's actions in this game. Don't even listen to any "this guy is good, he plays Town/Scum well" or any other silly meta references. If someone does something Scummy THIS game all of their other actions and reputation don't mean much.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 28 2011 00:16 GMT
#2184
Ace do you support or oppose the double lynch for tomorrow?
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
November 28 2011 00:19 GMT
#2185
On November 28 2011 09:15 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 09:13 ey215 wrote:
On November 28 2011 09:10 Ace wrote:
On November 28 2011 09:06 ey215 wrote:
[B]On November 28 2011 08:55 wherebugsgo wrote:
You always lynch whoever you think is most likely to be scum. The players who have a history of being useless are more likely to be bored town than anything else.


Except, why would anyone think youngmini was likely scum? Going through his posts all I can find is that he strongly opposed Palamar and then towards then end BC. His only crime was fighting against the tide of people voting for who we ended up with in power?

I suppose if you buy the whole, "His scum play is better than his town play" thing as a lie, but I that sure read more as opinion than stating outright fact.

Again, what did we gain by auto lynching youngmini? Any new information? Perhaps on Palamar and BC, but so far people (myself included) have been prone to letting a few people dictate the discussions. This has to stop now and we as newbies need to get in here and make some choices.

Why are you defending this lynch so hard? Is it because you were a key catalyst to it?


As an aside don't be intimated about being new. Experience matters only but so much in this game. Being able to think and be logical while expressing yourself is far more important, which isn't a trait that comes with more games. My first game here I lollerskated it like a pro. You can too.


Honestly, as a newbie it's all the meta references that have made it really hard to keep up with what the hell is going on but we'll just have to push through it.


Ignore most of the meta references and just focus on people's actions in this game. Don't even listen to any "this guy is good, he plays Town/Scum well" or any other silly meta references. If someone does something Scummy THIS game all of their other actions and reputation don't mean much.


want your protection now or later?
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
ey215
Profile Joined June 2010
United States546 Posts
November 28 2011 00:20 GMT
#2186
On November 28 2011 09:11 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 09:06 [spoiler]ey215 wrote:
[B]On November 28 2011 08:55 wherebugsgo wrote:
You always lynch whoever you think is most likely to be scum. The players who have a history of being useless are more likely to be bored town than anything else.


Except, why would anyone think youngmini was likely scum? Going through his posts all I can find is that he strongly opposed Palamar and then towards then end BC. His only crime was fighting against the tide of people voting for who we ended up with in power?

I suppose if you buy the whole, "His scum play is better than his town play" thing as a lie, but I that sure read more as opinion than stating outright fact.

Again, what did we gain by auto lynching youngmini? Any new information? Perhaps on Palamar and BC, but so far people (myself included) have been prone to letting a few people dictate the discussions. This has to stop now and we as newbies need to get in here and make some choices.

Why are you defending this lynch so hard? Is it because you were a key catalyst to it?


I'm defending it because I would support it again in a heartbeat. I just provided you with a list of quotes that support youngminii looking like scum. He played badly, obviously, but he played in a scum manner.

Think about it. He lied and then tried to spin his own lie to say his target is using a strawman. That's misleading AND stupid. He seeded doubt among town with no supporting evidence. He barely contributed anything. He supported SINANI for mayor. I don't know very much about youngminii's play, but if Ace is right that he is a good player then, IMO, he played pretty badly in this game.

the simple fact that youngminii was confirmed to lie is enough, since that's generally more than enough to lynch someone. LaL isn't a policy for nothing.

My second choice was deconduo, who hopefully gets lynched tomorrow.


Except why in the hell would anyone play like that on the first day if they were scum? Hiding in plain sight? I don't buy it. Also, having read his filter the caught in the lie stuff sure looked like a group of people creating a scapegoat to rally campaigns around.

How did that work out for us?

Sure, his arguments against Palmar's campaign early on weren't great, but I agree with Ace. I'd rather have someone participating in the discussion than hiding behind one post and voting with the mob.




Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 28 2011 00:23 GMT
#2187
On November 28 2011 09:15 wherebugsgo wrote:
I'm not reaching at all.

First he said Palmar's scum play is better than his town play.

Then like 3 posts later he said he never said such a thing and that townies were being conned by Palmar's strawman into believing that he said that.

The quotes prove it, this isn't some subjective opinion.


Sure, he screwed up by saying he never said such a thing but that isn't the kind of lie you lynch someone off of. It's downright laughable. I support LAL but you lynch people for lying about roles and actions that actually effect the game. I mean seriously, you are telling me ym deserved to be lynched because he didn't follow up on his own post? I'd believe it was a credible reason IF the campaign to lynch ym was based on that - was it?

And don't try and blend two separate issues here. One issue is ym lying about what he said which is true - he did. The other is him saying Palmar's Scum play is better than Town which is subjective. Stop trying to tie one with the other and use it as an excuse for the lynch. It doesn't prove he was Scum.

I'm not discussing a double lynch at all. I'm keeping the topic solely on our Mayor and your batting for him.

Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 28 2011 00:23 GMT
#2188
On November 28 2011 09:19 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 09:15 Ace wrote:
On November 28 2011 09:13 ey215 wrote:
On November 28 2011 09:10 Ace wrote:
On November 28 2011 09:06 ey215 wrote:
[B]On November 28 2011 08:55 wherebugsgo wrote:
You always lynch whoever you think is most likely to be scum. The players who have a history of being useless are more likely to be bored town than anything else.


Except, why would anyone think youngmini was likely scum? Going through his posts all I can find is that he strongly opposed Palamar and then towards then end BC. His only crime was fighting against the tide of people voting for who we ended up with in power?

I suppose if you buy the whole, "His scum play is better than his town play" thing as a lie, but I that sure read more as opinion than stating outright fact.

Again, what did we gain by auto lynching youngmini? Any new information? Perhaps on Palamar and BC, but so far people (myself included) have been prone to letting a few people dictate the discussions. This has to stop now and we as newbies need to get in here and make some choices.

Why are you defending this lynch so hard? Is it because you were a key catalyst to it?


As an aside don't be intimated about being new. Experience matters only but so much in this game. Being able to think and be logical while expressing yourself is far more important, which isn't a trait that comes with more games. My first game here I lollerskated it like a pro. You can too.


Honestly, as a newbie it's all the meta references that have made it really hard to keep up with what the hell is going on but we'll just have to push through it.


Ignore most of the meta references and just focus on people's actions in this game. Don't even listen to any "this guy is good, he plays Town/Scum well" or any other silly meta references. If someone does something Scummy THIS game all of their other actions and reputation don't mean much.


want your protection now or later?


I'm sure I'll need it fast since Scum know the jig is up.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 28 2011 00:24 GMT
#2189
On November 28 2011 09:20 ey215 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 09:11 wherebugsgo wrote:
On November 28 2011 09:06 [spoiler]ey215 wrote:
[B]On November 28 2011 08:55 wherebugsgo wrote:
You always lynch whoever you think is most likely to be scum. The players who have a history of being useless are more likely to be bored town than anything else.


Except, why would anyone think youngmini was likely scum? Going through his posts all I can find is that he strongly opposed Palamar and then towards then end BC. His only crime was fighting against the tide of people voting for who we ended up with in power?

I suppose if you buy the whole, "His scum play is better than his town play" thing as a lie, but I that sure read more as opinion than stating outright fact.

Again, what did we gain by auto lynching youngmini? Any new information? Perhaps on Palamar and BC, but so far people (myself included) have been prone to letting a few people dictate the discussions. This has to stop now and we as newbies need to get in here and make some choices.

Why are you defending this lynch so hard? Is it because you were a key catalyst to it?


I'm defending it because I would support it again in a heartbeat. I just provided you with a list of quotes that support youngminii looking like scum. He played badly, obviously, but he played in a scum manner.

Think about it. He lied and then tried to spin his own lie to say his target is using a strawman. That's misleading AND stupid. He seeded doubt among town with no supporting evidence. He barely contributed anything. He supported SINANI for mayor. I don't know very much about youngminii's play, but if Ace is right that he is a good player then, IMO, he played pretty badly in this game.

the simple fact that youngminii was confirmed to lie is enough, since that's generally more than enough to lynch someone. LaL isn't a policy for nothing.

My second choice was deconduo, who hopefully gets lynched tomorrow.


Except why in the hell would anyone play like that on the first day if they were scum? Hiding in plain sight? I don't buy it. Also, having read his filter the caught in the lie stuff sure looked like a group of people creating a scapegoat to rally campaigns around.

How did that work out for us?

Sure, his arguments against Palmar's campaign early on weren't great, but I agree with Ace. I'd rather have someone participating in the discussion than hiding behind one post and voting with the mob.


most of those single posters will be dead to lurker banes and modkills, we don't need to waste lynches on them.

Lurker banes are in this game for a reason, to deal with inactives.

This is why you always reserve the lynch for scummy people. Youngminii was town, but he played like scum, all he did was distract and distract.

I understand if you can't see the idiocy behind supporting sinani for mayor, since you are new, but even from sinani's posts in this game you can probably see why it serves no purpose.

In hindsight you could perhaps make the argument that no scum would want to draw attention to themselves by supporting sinani for mayor, but honestly why would you want to make yourself a distraction to town?

People who do the things that youngminii did game one get ignored. If you make yourself a distraction to town then you either get ignored and then killed or you simply get killed. That's just how it works.

Ace who would you rather have lynched day 1?
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
November 28 2011 00:26 GMT
#2190
Ace, do you think BC is town?

If so, then it makes more sense to keep palmar alive as long as he uses his double lynches days 2 and 3. If we kill palmar, mafia knows who the bodyguards are, and we lose BC the next night, which means we lose our double lynches. So it makes more sense to keep palmar alive, as I'm seeing it.

Our next lynch tomorrow is Deconduo.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 28 2011 00:28 GMT
#2191
On November 28 2011 09:23 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 09:15 wherebugsgo wrote:
I'm not reaching at all.

First he said Palmar's scum play is better than his town play.

Then like 3 posts later he said he never said such a thing and that townies were being conned by Palmar's strawman into believing that he said that.

The quotes prove it, this isn't some subjective opinion.


Sure, he screwed up by saying he never said such a thing but that isn't the kind of lie you lynch someone off of. It's downright laughable. I support LAL but you lynch people for lying about roles and actions that actually effect the game. I mean seriously, you are telling me ym deserved to be lynched because he didn't follow up on his own post? I'd believe it was a credible reason IF the campaign to lynch ym was based on that - was it?

And don't try and blend two separate issues here. One issue is ym lying about what he said which is true - he did. The other is him saying Palmar's Scum play is better than Town which is subjective. Stop trying to tie one with the other and use it as an excuse for the lynch. It doesn't prove he was Scum.

I'm not discussing a double lynch at all. I'm keeping the topic solely on our Mayor and your batting for him.



If you think YM was a bad lynch yesterday, who would you have lynched instead? YM was completely counterproductive, he supported a SINANI mayor of all people. I'm sure you of all players would slam anyone for an idea that dumb.

Also, I'm not batting for Palmar at all. I defend the YM lynch because I agreed with it. I supported BC over Palmar for mayor and I would do that over again too, seeing as Palmar hasn't been as consistently logical as BC has been. I disagree, for example, with Palmar about the double lynch. However, I can't do anything more to stop it from happening since no one else in the town (besides perhaps BC) seems to think double lynch is a bad idea, or at least sub-optimal.

Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 28 2011 00:29 GMT
#2192
On November 28 2011 09:24 wherebugsgo wrote:


This is why you always reserve the lynch for scummy people. Youngminii was town, but he played like scum, all he did was distract and distract.


What did he distract the Town from? Be very specific.


People who do the things that youngminii did game one get ignored. If you make yourself a distraction to town then you either get ignored and then killed or you simply get killed. That's just how it works.




Interesting, because I don't believe he was a distraction at all. I've played plenty of games day 1 opposing vocal players the same way ym did as Town. I didn't get killed and I definitely didn't get ignored so your statement here doesn't stick.



Ace who would you rather have lynched day 1?


Irrelevant now. I'm only interested about who gets lynched on Day 2. Keep trying to prove ym was scummy please. I'm highly interested to see the thought process behind this so I can compare it to the next lynch.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 28 2011 00:31 GMT
#2193
On November 28 2011 09:26 tnkted wrote:
Ace, do you think BC is town?

If so, then it makes more sense to keep palmar alive as long as he uses his double lynches days 2 and 3. If we kill palmar, mafia knows who the bodyguards are, and we lose BC the next night, which means we lose our double lynches. So it makes more sense to keep palmar alive, as I'm seeing it.

Our next lynch tomorrow is Deconduo.


If Palmar is Scum then who cares about losing our double lynches? Come on, you're smarter than this. If Palmar gets lynched then the bodyguards obviously will all roleclaim. Jesus I hate bodyguard + mayor setups. This shit is ridiculous.

I'm not thinking about BC right now. Did you support the ym lynch? Why or why not?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
November 28 2011 00:34 GMT
#2194
On November 28 2011 09:31 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 09:26 tnkted wrote:
Ace, do you think BC is town?

If so, then it makes more sense to keep palmar alive as long as he uses his double lynches days 2 and 3. If we kill palmar, mafia knows who the bodyguards are, and we lose BC the next night, which means we lose our double lynches. So it makes more sense to keep palmar alive, as I'm seeing it.

Our next lynch tomorrow is Deconduo.


If Palmar is Scum then who cares about losing our double lynches? Come on, you're smarter than this. If Palmar gets lynched then the bodyguards obviously will all roleclaim. Jesus I hate bodyguard + mayor setups. This shit is ridiculous.

I'm not thinking about BC right now. Did you support the ym lynch? Why or why not?


Reread the bodyguard mechanic. BC is protected by the bodyguards as well; so Mafia knows who the bodyguards are, and as long as palmar is alive they wont want to kill them, to save him from checks etc. If Palmar is lynched, BC gets control of the double lynches and becomes, effectively, mayor.

I didn't support the YM lynch, but I wasn't around for much of the decussion on it. I've been pushing a deconduo post since day 1.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
November 28 2011 00:35 GMT
#2195
INTRIGUE THE MAFIA SCUM


First, his entire post history in this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=285690&user=19405

As you can see he's playing the "I don't have a clue what I'm doing" card. However, there's one major flaw with this approach:

intrigue plays mafia offline

He knows exactly what he's doing. So why would he pretend to be a complete newb? Because he's trying to hide his role by making people feel like he isn't a threat.

Lynch intrigue

Also mafia and coming soon:

sandroba
Palmar
supersoft
redFF
Greymist
Annul
kitaman
Kurumi
wherebugsgo
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 28 2011 00:36 GMT
#2196
On November 28 2011 09:29 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 09:24 wherebugsgo wrote:


This is why you always reserve the lynch for scummy people. Youngminii was town, but he played like scum, all he did was distract and distract.


What did he distract the Town from? Be very specific.

Show nested quote +

People who do the things that youngminii did game one get ignored. If you make yourself a distraction to town then you either get ignored and then killed or you simply get killed. That's just how it works.




Interesting, because I don't believe he was a distraction at all. I've played plenty of games day 1 opposing vocal players the same way ym did as Town. I didn't get killed and I definitely didn't get ignored so your statement here doesn't stick.


Show nested quote +

Ace who would you rather have lynched day 1?


Irrelevant now. I'm only interested about who gets lynched on Day 2. Keep trying to prove ym was scummy please. I'm highly interested to see the thought process behind this so I can compare it to the next lynch.


First and foremost, he distracted our attention away from actual scum by acting like one. He made a mistake, and instead of admitting it he called out Palmar on an apparent strawman which he had no evidence for.

Second, he derailed the real mayoral candidacies by supporting someone who never had a realistic chance of ever being elected. (come on, sinani? Wtf?) Whether or not Palmar is town this is still highly distracting because we have to waste time wondering why anyone would ever support sinani for mayor.

Third, his entire case for Palmar not being mayor was that his scum play is to be feared, yet he asserted over and over again that Palmar's scum play being better than his town play is completely irrelevant.

Not only that, but he then flopped on Palmar for a while and opposed BC's candidacy for the same baseless reasons.

And of course your preference matters, and it isn't irrelevant now. If you want to criticize the day 1 lynch then you better have an alternative, since we're going to be lynching tomorrow. You want to lynch Palmar tomorrow, but you're basing it entirely on the YM lynch yesterday.

Who would you lynch, if you couldn't lynch Palmar?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
November 28 2011 00:41 GMT
#2197
Rofl, Hi Ace.
Computer says mafia
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
November 28 2011 00:45 GMT
#2198
On November 28 2011 09:35 Serejai wrote:
INTRIGUE THE MAFIA SCUM


First, his entire post history in this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=285690&user=19405

As you can see he's playing the "I don't have a clue what I'm doing" card. However, there's one major flaw with this approach:

intrigue plays mafia offline

He knows exactly what he's doing. So why would he pretend to be a complete newb? Because he's trying to hide his role by making people feel like he isn't a threat.

Lynch intrigue

Also mafia and coming soon:

sandroba
Palmar
supersoft
redFF
Greymist
Annul
kitaman
Kurumi
wherebugsgo


[image loading]
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
November 28 2011 00:45 GMT
#2199
Yo, I'm watching NFL, I just sent iGrok and Mr. Wiggles a message I'm activating the double lynch.

See you tomorrow.
Computer says mafia
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
November 28 2011 00:46 GMT
#2200
On November 28 2011 09:35 Serejai wrote:
INTRIGUE THE MAFIA SCUM


First, his entire post history in this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=285690&user=19405

As you can see he's playing the "I don't have a clue what I'm doing" card. However, there's one major flaw with this approach:

intrigue plays mafia offline

He knows exactly what he's doing. So why would he pretend to be a complete newb? Because he's trying to hide his role by making people feel like he isn't a threat.

Lynch intrigue

Also mafia and coming soon:

sandroba
Palmar
supersoft
redFF
Greymist
Annul
kitaman
Kurumi
wherebugsgo


Does he really play mafia in other forums? That's indeed suspisious.

I'm sold on Palmar being a scum as well. For the rest no opinion at the moment.
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 266 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 854
Soulkey 315
Larva 209
Soma 199
Mind 69
ZerO 63
soO 29
scan(afreeca) 23
ajuk12(nOOB) 22
zelot 8
League of Legends
JimRising 545
Counter-Strike
edward142
Other Games
summit1g8836
singsing1486
gofns1328
Coldzera 685
WinterStarcraft636
Sick215
Pyrionflax23
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV255
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• LUISG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2239
League of Legends
• Jankos2354
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
58m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
2h 58m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 58m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.