• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:31
CEST 18:31
KST 01:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9769 users

TL Mafia XXXIV: Pokemafia - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 60 Next
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
December 10 2010 00:25 GMT
#181
On December 10 2010 09:12 Hesmyrr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 09:05 Node wrote:
At the moment, the only situation that I can think of that would warrant a roleclaim anytime soon would be if you are mew and have found mewtwo. Until then, keep your damn mouths shut as far as your role goes.

+ Alakazam guilty result? And yes, PM or no PM, succinctness is critical.


I'd prefer that a claim on a guilty result be used as a last resort -- push the lynch with analysis and if that doesn't work play the roleclaim card.
whole lies with a half smile
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
December 10 2010 00:29 GMT
#182
On December 10 2010 08:53 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 08:04 Insanious wrote:
On December 10 2010 07:56 LSB wrote:
On December 10 2010 07:46 Amber[LighT] wrote:
On December 10 2010 07:42 Oceanic wrote:
Doesn't it say in 1 of the guides posted that lynching an inactive day 1 is not something you should do?


Lynching an inactive typically results in lynching an apathetic townie. Everyone should be posting frequently to discuss who should die for day 1. There are no PM's so everything should be out in the open.

We should really worry less about how the blues should play. Thinks like role checks won't be overly reliable, and saving people cannot be discussed in the thread. It probably would be a good idea for the electrodes to think about where to place voltorbs and pick up on good scum tells.

Having a general system for how blues play is pretty important. We need to establish a good town environment where the most pro-town players won't find themselves dead. We need to establish a place where everyone is active.
Sure, we could leave everything to RNG, but we could do so much more with the blues.

I have to agree with this, having a general idea of how the town runs will help keep down the number of accidental lynchings. This is more or less pulled from one of the guides that DcH posted, but when you have a town that uses larger posts, filled with a lot of information, it makes it a lot easier to pick out those that want to give no new information and are simply regurgitating stuff that has already been said in the thread.If we start with a town that runs this way, it should carry through to the end of the game.

The best way to keep a town that functions correctly functioning this way would be to keep the people that are running in a more administrative fashion (i guess i could say that) where they are trying to keep some semblance of order alive. I mean a town that runs all willy-nilly chaotic is a town that breeds scum, where a town that runs in a more ordered fashion has a higher chance of weeding out those that are trying to bring disorder to an already disorderly situation.

On December 10 2010 08:01 Kenpachi wrote:
how many people can Mafia target per night?

It says that the mafia get 3kp, added to this mewtwo (although not part of the mafia, is still playing against the town) has 1kp.

This means there can be 3 mafia targets, and 1 third party target a night.



You mean like this post is doing?

From your two posts, I've noticed you haven't really added too much at all. Your first post was almost exclusively regurgitating previous posts. Your second one you seemed to be trying to add more, saying you've read guides, and it appears that you are trying hard to look like the poster child of "how to be a townie". Everyone pretty much knows the environment that is conducive to town progress. It is very apparent when scum tries to disrupt things if they are going smoothly. We just have to catch them as they are doing it before things spiral out of control.

Townies don't need to try to look like townies, because they already are.

Two newer mafia players asked two questions, I was simply answering them. Its not like I was just throwing that info out there as if it was anything new. Eiii asked what a pro-town environment entitled, while Kenpachi asked how many attacks the mafia can make in a night. Both of which they could of found by reading what DrH posted, but I thought it would be nice to answer both questions... I guess if you would rather I could of simply just not answered their questions and left them guessing.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 10 2010 00:32 GMT
#183
On December 10 2010 09:23 deconduo wrote:
Role description for raichu says he turns up as aligned with TR when checked, but description for alakazam says he sees roles rather than just the alignment. Just to verify:

Does Raichu turn up as Koffing or Team Rocket when investigated?


Koffing. It hardly makes any sense but whatever. If he only returns an alignment, Alakazam is too weak especially considering there are no PMs.
RIP Aaliyah
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
December 10 2010 00:33 GMT
#184
On December 10 2010 09:25 Node wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 09:12 Hesmyrr wrote:
On December 10 2010 09:05 Node wrote:
At the moment, the only situation that I can think of that would warrant a roleclaim anytime soon would be if you are mew and have found mewtwo. Until then, keep your damn mouths shut as far as your role goes.

+ Alakazam guilty result? And yes, PM or no PM, succinctness is critical.


I'd prefer that a claim on a guilty result be used as a last resort -- push the lynch with analysis and if that doesn't work play the roleclaim card.

Alright, I realized I forgot to put that into consideration though I really don't see what is different from detective trying to stealthily formulate case on his guilty to mew trying to stealthily formulate case on the mewtwo
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
tube
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1475 Posts
December 10 2010 00:36 GMT
#185
yeah dont lynch inactives
this is my first one and im pretty much just reading through the thread until i come up with something
Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
December 10 2010 00:38 GMT
#186
On December 10 2010 09:29 Insanious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 08:53 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On December 10 2010 08:04 Insanious wrote:
On December 10 2010 07:56 LSB wrote:
On December 10 2010 07:46 Amber[LighT] wrote:
On December 10 2010 07:42 Oceanic wrote:
Doesn't it say in 1 of the guides posted that lynching an inactive day 1 is not something you should do?


Lynching an inactive typically results in lynching an apathetic townie. Everyone should be posting frequently to discuss who should die for day 1. There are no PM's so everything should be out in the open.

We should really worry less about how the blues should play. Thinks like role checks won't be overly reliable, and saving people cannot be discussed in the thread. It probably would be a good idea for the electrodes to think about where to place voltorbs and pick up on good scum tells.

Having a general system for how blues play is pretty important. We need to establish a good town environment where the most pro-town players won't find themselves dead. We need to establish a place where everyone is active.
Sure, we could leave everything to RNG, but we could do so much more with the blues.

I have to agree with this, having a general idea of how the town runs will help keep down the number of accidental lynchings. This is more or less pulled from one of the guides that DcH posted, but when you have a town that uses larger posts, filled with a lot of information, it makes it a lot easier to pick out those that want to give no new information and are simply regurgitating stuff that has already been said in the thread.If we start with a town that runs this way, it should carry through to the end of the game.

The best way to keep a town that functions correctly functioning this way would be to keep the people that are running in a more administrative fashion (i guess i could say that) where they are trying to keep some semblance of order alive. I mean a town that runs all willy-nilly chaotic is a town that breeds scum, where a town that runs in a more ordered fashion has a higher chance of weeding out those that are trying to bring disorder to an already disorderly situation.

On December 10 2010 08:01 Kenpachi wrote:
how many people can Mafia target per night?

It says that the mafia get 3kp, added to this mewtwo (although not part of the mafia, is still playing against the town) has 1kp.

This means there can be 3 mafia targets, and 1 third party target a night.



You mean like this post is doing?

From your two posts, I've noticed you haven't really added too much at all. Your first post was almost exclusively regurgitating previous posts. Your second one you seemed to be trying to add more, saying you've read guides, and it appears that you are trying hard to look like the poster child of "how to be a townie". Everyone pretty much knows the environment that is conducive to town progress. It is very apparent when scum tries to disrupt things if they are going smoothly. We just have to catch them as they are doing it before things spiral out of control.

Townies don't need to try to look like townies, because they already are.

Two newer mafia players asked two questions, I was simply answering them. Its not like I was just throwing that info out there as if it was anything new. Eiii asked what a pro-town environment entitled, while Kenpachi asked how many attacks the mafia can make in a night. Both of which they could of found by reading what DrH posted, but I thought it would be nice to answer both questions... I guess if you would rather I could of simply just not answered their questions and left them guessing.


I missed Eiii's post asking about that, your second post is warranted. I still stand by my point on your first post though. You pretty much reiterate what people have been saying while saying "try to watch for people just spewing the same stuff again." They are just things I'm taking note of.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
December 10 2010 00:40 GMT
#187
On December 10 2010 09:16 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Also @LSB: I don't think we should say "we need to lynch inactives". While it may pressure scum to come out from hiding, I have seen it hit town more often than not. I think we need to deal with who is out and talking and giving us things to analyze rather than just blindly shooting into a room with a shotgun.

How do you propose we deal with inactives/lurkers then?
We can't just 'leave it for another day'. It's going to be a problem, and if we have no good leads day one, we should do this early, rather than late.

On December 10 2010 08:53 jcarlsoniv wrote:
@LSB: While trying to coordinate blues seems good, I have to say, the more games I play, the more I hate to see people directing blues in thread. On Day 1, I think they need to do what they think needs to be done without influence from the thread. Any direction from the thread can also be seen by scum, and thus they will be clued in as well. No, obviously, I know that the blues don't need to listen to what is said in the thread, but they will be influenced by what is said. Let's hope we have good blues this time around.

So your saying that plans are bad?
Interesting. Take my plan, what's bad about it?
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Gabriel
Profile Joined December 2008
149 Posts
December 10 2010 00:40 GMT
#188
On December 10 2010 09:16 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Also @LSB: I don't think we should say "we need to lynch inactives". While it may pressure scum to come out from hiding, I have seen it hit town more often than not. I think we need to deal with who is out and talking and giving us things to analyze rather than just blindly shooting into a room with a shotgun.

I rather start the blind shoot into this small room with a shotgun. We are not getting analysis going too far away day one. Picking the right guy at the right time is picking a dead weight at first.
Formerly known as Malongo http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/profile.php?user=Malongo
Oceanic
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States122 Posts
December 10 2010 00:43 GMT
#189
Can someone explain how inactives are harmful for the town? I know it's an extra person for the detective to check but isn't it also an extra person scum needs to kill?
I need a sig
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
December 10 2010 00:44 GMT
#190
I'm not entirely sure what your "plan" is, LSB. All you've said is that we need to "have a general system for how blues play" and that barring any glaringly scummy play we should lynch an inactive day 1. Could you be a little more specific?
whole lies with a half smile
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
December 10 2010 00:46 GMT
#191
On December 10 2010 09:44 Node wrote:
I'm not entirely sure what your "plan" is, LSB. All you've said is that we need to "have a general system for how blues play" and that barring any glaringly scummy play we should lynch an inactive day 1. Could you be a little more specific?


On December 10 2010 07:43 LSB wrote:
One plan that would work is to use the blue roles to promote activity in the town.
The Alakazam should check the inactive people and the lurkers, as it is incredibly difficult if not impossible to tell the difference between a bored townie and a lurking mafia.
The Chansey's should protect active players, this way the mafia won't be able to take out the people who are contributing the most to town, so people won't be scared of trying to put forth their opinions.

Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
December 10 2010 00:47 GMT
#192
Fair enough, I missed that post.
whole lies with a half smile
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
December 10 2010 00:48 GMT
#193
On December 10 2010 09:40 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 09:16 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Also @LSB: I don't think we should say "we need to lynch inactives". While it may pressure scum to come out from hiding, I have seen it hit town more often than not. I think we need to deal with who is out and talking and giving us things to analyze rather than just blindly shooting into a room with a shotgun.

How do you propose we deal with inactives/lurkers then?
We can't just 'leave it for another day'. It's going to be a problem, and if we have no good leads day one, we should do this early, rather than late.

Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 08:53 jcarlsoniv wrote:
@LSB: While trying to coordinate blues seems good, I have to say, the more games I play, the more I hate to see people directing blues in thread. On Day 1, I think they need to do what they think needs to be done without influence from the thread. Any direction from the thread can also be seen by scum, and thus they will be clued in as well. No, obviously, I know that the blues don't need to listen to what is said in the thread, but they will be influenced by what is said. Let's hope we have good blues this time around.

So your saying that plans are bad?
Interesting. Take my plan, what's bad about it?


I agree that we should point to inactives if we have no other leads, but I'm saying to not just say "ok, let's find the inactives" right away. We have 48 hours to find candidates for lynch, no reason to dismiss the possibility of finding one right off the bat.

I didn't say your plan was bad, seeing as you didn't really post a plan, nor did I say the word "plan" I was merely pointing out my own observations. What you had posted was good, it was vague, and a good general direction. Getting anymore specific than that at this point can be dangerous.


On December 10 2010 09:40 Gabriel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 09:16 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Also @LSB: I don't think we should say "we need to lynch inactives". While it may pressure scum to come out from hiding, I have seen it hit town more often than not. I think we need to deal with who is out and talking and giving us things to analyze rather than just blindly shooting into a room with a shotgun.

I rather start the blind shoot into this small room with a shotgun. We are not getting analysis going too far away day one. Picking the right guy at the right time is picking a dead weight at first.


How can you possibly say this? The game literally just started, and we have 48 hours to scumhunt. Again, I am going to say, there is no reason to dismiss the idea of finding a lynch candidate Day 1.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
December 10 2010 00:49 GMT
#194
On December 10 2010 09:43 Oceanic wrote:
Can someone explain how inactives are harmful for the town? I know it's an extra person for the detective to check but isn't it also an extra person scum needs to kill?

The scum will just choose to let the inactives live, because inactives don't threaten them. Also a lot of the times, inactive are mafia. For Example:

TL Micro Mafia IV: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=161868. Drag_ the mafia makes like 5 posts throughout the whole game and is able to skip out of the public eye.

The issue is that it is virtually impossible to tell the difference between inactive mafia and inactive town. Lynching inactives hopefully allows us to not worry about trying to guess between the two.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
December 10 2010 00:51 GMT
#195
On December 10 2010 09:46 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 09:44 Node wrote:
I'm not entirely sure what your "plan" is, LSB. All you've said is that we need to "have a general system for how blues play" and that barring any glaringly scummy play we should lynch an inactive day 1. Could you be a little more specific?


Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 07:43 LSB wrote:
One plan that would work is to use the blue roles to promote activity in the town.
The Alakazam should check the inactive people and the lurkers, as it is incredibly difficult if not impossible to tell the difference between a bored townie and a lurking mafia.
The Chansey's should protect active players, this way the mafia won't be able to take out the people who are contributing the most to town, so people won't be scared of trying to put forth their opinions.



I wouldn't say that's really a plan. I would say it's a general direction and usually is what occurs. Only difference from the usual is using Alakazam to check inactives as opposed to possible mafia suspects. I'm not so sure about checking the inactives. It depends on how many we have. If there are a lot, checking them could just be a waste, but if it is narrowed down to a few players, I would say it's worth it.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
December 10 2010 00:53 GMT
#196
On December 10 2010 09:48 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 09:40 LSB wrote:
On December 10 2010 09:16 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Also @LSB: I don't think we should say "we need to lynch inactives". While it may pressure scum to come out from hiding, I have seen it hit town more often than not. I think we need to deal with who is out and talking and giving us things to analyze rather than just blindly shooting into a room with a shotgun.

How do you propose we deal with inactives/lurkers then?
We can't just 'leave it for another day'. It's going to be a problem, and if we have no good leads day one, we should do this early, rather than late.

On December 10 2010 08:53 jcarlsoniv wrote:
@LSB: While trying to coordinate blues seems good, I have to say, the more games I play, the more I hate to see people directing blues in thread. On Day 1, I think they need to do what they think needs to be done without influence from the thread. Any direction from the thread can also be seen by scum, and thus they will be clued in as well. No, obviously, I know that the blues don't need to listen to what is said in the thread, but they will be influenced by what is said. Let's hope we have good blues this time around.

So your saying that plans are bad?
Interesting. Take my plan, what's bad about it?


I agree that we should point to inactives if we have no other leads, but I'm saying to not just say "ok, let's find the inactives" right away. We have 48 hours to find candidates for lynch, no reason to dismiss the possibility of finding one right off the bat.

I didn't say your plan was bad, seeing as you didn't really post a plan, nor did I say the word "plan" I was merely pointing out my own observations. What you had posted was good, it was vague, and a good general direction. Getting anymore specific than that at this point can be dangerous.


Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 09:40 Gabriel wrote:
On December 10 2010 09:16 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Also @LSB: I don't think we should say "we need to lynch inactives". While it may pressure scum to come out from hiding, I have seen it hit town more often than not. I think we need to deal with who is out and talking and giving us things to analyze rather than just blindly shooting into a room with a shotgun.

I rather start the blind shoot into this small room with a shotgun. We are not getting analysis going too far away day one. Picking the right guy at the right time is picking a dead weight at first.


How can you possibly say this? The game literally just started, and we have 48 hours to scumhunt. Again, I am going to say, there is no reason to dismiss the idea of finding a lynch candidate Day 1.

You must understand. In order to make sure that people are active, we have to decide early that we going to punish people who are inactive. This way, people are going to be warned and hopefully people won't be inactive. Best case scenario we won't have to lynch an inactive person in the first place since everyone will contribute to the town.

I notice you avoided discussion on my 'general direction.'
Do you support it? Why?
Do you now think we should give general directions to blues?
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
December 10 2010 00:54 GMT
#197
I have to say I rather like the idea of gunning down those dastardly inactives; I will probably not deviate from this position until I, or someone else, actually finds some scum-tell that is actually lynch worthy. Lynching inactives and missing is slightly better than lynching active and missing.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
December 10 2010 00:59 GMT
#198
On December 10 2010 09:53 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 09:48 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On December 10 2010 09:40 LSB wrote:
On December 10 2010 09:16 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Also @LSB: I don't think we should say "we need to lynch inactives". While it may pressure scum to come out from hiding, I have seen it hit town more often than not. I think we need to deal with who is out and talking and giving us things to analyze rather than just blindly shooting into a room with a shotgun.

How do you propose we deal with inactives/lurkers then?
We can't just 'leave it for another day'. It's going to be a problem, and if we have no good leads day one, we should do this early, rather than late.

On December 10 2010 08:53 jcarlsoniv wrote:
@LSB: While trying to coordinate blues seems good, I have to say, the more games I play, the more I hate to see people directing blues in thread. On Day 1, I think they need to do what they think needs to be done without influence from the thread. Any direction from the thread can also be seen by scum, and thus they will be clued in as well. No, obviously, I know that the blues don't need to listen to what is said in the thread, but they will be influenced by what is said. Let's hope we have good blues this time around.

So your saying that plans are bad?
Interesting. Take my plan, what's bad about it?


I agree that we should point to inactives if we have no other leads, but I'm saying to not just say "ok, let's find the inactives" right away. We have 48 hours to find candidates for lynch, no reason to dismiss the possibility of finding one right off the bat.

I didn't say your plan was bad, seeing as you didn't really post a plan, nor did I say the word "plan" I was merely pointing out my own observations. What you had posted was good, it was vague, and a good general direction. Getting anymore specific than that at this point can be dangerous.


On December 10 2010 09:40 Gabriel wrote:
On December 10 2010 09:16 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Also @LSB: I don't think we should say "we need to lynch inactives". While it may pressure scum to come out from hiding, I have seen it hit town more often than not. I think we need to deal with who is out and talking and giving us things to analyze rather than just blindly shooting into a room with a shotgun.

I rather start the blind shoot into this small room with a shotgun. We are not getting analysis going too far away day one. Picking the right guy at the right time is picking a dead weight at first.


How can you possibly say this? The game literally just started, and we have 48 hours to scumhunt. Again, I am going to say, there is no reason to dismiss the idea of finding a lynch candidate Day 1.

You must understand. In order to make sure that people are active, we have to decide early that we going to punish people who are inactive. This way, people are going to be warned and hopefully people won't be inactive. Best case scenario we won't have to lynch an inactive person in the first place since everyone will contribute to the town.

I notice you avoided discussion on my 'general direction.'
Do you support it? Why?
Do you now think we should give general directions to blues?


I don't not support it (if that makes any sense). I am going under the assumption that our blues are at least halfway competent players, and will be able to think for themselves to use their roles effectively. This may be very naive though.

I think general direction right now is fine for now, as long as we don't get too specific, especially Day 1. The last thing I want is for blues to be sniped right away. In this sense, I definitely agree with you that everyone should keep their roles secret for now.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
December 10 2010 01:02 GMT
#199
One of the biggest problems I have with lurkers/inactives is that when it gets to lategame, town NEEDS people who contribute badly. As was said above, maf have no incentive to hit lurkers so unless we lynch them they end up in the lategame.

+ Show Spoiler +

There are some pros to medics/cops being inactive on purpose, as it lessens the chance for maf to target them. For cops however, it also means they are less likely to have medic protection. Its very hit and miss, but might be viable for NEWBIE cop/docs. Wouldn't mind if better players gave opinions on this.
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
December 10 2010 01:02 GMT
#200
48 hours is not a long time to find scum. Let's start now.

LSB's blue plan is pretty meh. It's not a good plan of attack for our Zams to check lurkers and inactives; they should be checking people who could be scum, including whoever is contributing the most. Keep in mind that all the mafia needs to do is to distract and confuse the town enough so that they make poor decisions.

@Oceanic: Inactives don't pay attention to the thread and don't vote, and so the mafia can just target the active players until they have a decisive vote advantage. Most inactives that return late will have missed most of the arguments and will be too lazy to read through. And inactives that never show up are just modkilled.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 36
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1101
Mini 932
Shuttle 825
Soma 596
actioN 492
Rush 354
Light 311
Larva 304
Stork 271
ggaemo 249
[ Show more ]
BeSt 236
Horang2 211
Snow 176
Dewaltoss 134
hero 129
firebathero 127
Barracks 76
Aegong 74
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 52
Sexy 36
Shinee 36
Sharp 34
Shine 31
JYJ 31
soO 25
ToSsGirL 25
Bale 23
sorry 16
zelot 16
Trap 14
Rock 11
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7847
qojqva2208
Dendi845
420jenkins134
Counter-Strike
fl0m1305
x6flipin974
Fnx 749
pashabiceps240
edward64
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5162
Grubby1981
Other Games
singsing1383
B2W.Neo1014
byalli470
ceh9360
Mlord326
Beastyqt275
Khaldor241
DeMusliM157
Liquid`VortiX155
ArmadaUGS136
KnowMe129
Trikslyr53
BRAT_OK 48
TKL 19
Railgan8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV250
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH246
• StrangeGG 70
• mYiSmile126
• Reevou 3
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• blackmanpl 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV411
League of Legends
• Nemesis2513
• TFBlade833
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 30m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 30m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.