• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:44
CEST 16:44
KST 23:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9361 users

Haunted Mafia - Page 67

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 142 Next
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
October 13 2010 21:54 GMT
#1321
lol i love how your only reaction to me was -.-

nothing i said re: masq was untrue =P
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
October 13 2010 22:02 GMT
#1322
People who (relatively) last-minute bandwagoned onto Masq (started with about 5 hours to go):

Hittegods
bumatlarge
Pandain
kitaman27
SINiquity
Kpyolysis32
Veldril
AirbladeOrange
Shmotz


Now, I can kindaunderstand Veldril (dude was second in line, that's just defensive voting), but the rest of that list could be vamps trying to bus. Or mafia trying to ensure Masq died.

Although mafia didn't know he was vamp any more than we did until the flip... perhaps mafia really wanted Veldril alive for some reason?

Will look into this more.
SUNSFANNED
zerroth
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada173 Posts
October 13 2010 22:12 GMT
#1323
hmm the question of did mafia want masq or veldril alive
With no power, comes no responsibility.
SiNiquity
Profile Joined April 2010
United States734 Posts
October 13 2010 22:23 GMT
#1324
Dude BB, I check mafia in the evening when I have time. It's how I roll, you know that.

Ironically Pandain's PM indicating he's Frankenstein reminded me this thing even started lol
'i' before 'e' except after 'c' ~ it's scientifically proven.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
October 13 2010 22:35 GMT
#1325
argh, I can't believe I have to catch up on 60 pages. I have no idea when I am going to post next.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
SiNiquity
Profile Joined April 2010
United States734 Posts
October 13 2010 22:46 GMT
#1326
Read pages 50+ for a good laugh. I just caught up on the BM mess. Funny stuff.
'i' before 'e' except after 'c' ~ it's scientifically proven.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 13 2010 23:07 GMT
#1327
On October 14 2010 07:46 SiNiquity wrote:
Read pages 50+ for a good laugh. I just caught up on the BM mess. Funny stuff.

No discussion of that in this thread please. Let's not make it more of a debacle than it was.
RIP Aaliyah
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
October 13 2010 23:08 GMT
#1328
Hey guys, glad to join the game. I'll try and read through it when I get more free time. For the moment, however, good job on killing a red the first lynch. ^_^ Pretty darn amazing.
darkness overpowering
oddo123
Profile Joined October 2009
Iceland134 Posts
October 13 2010 23:21 GMT
#1329
To explain myself, it was a toss up for me between Masq and Veldril. I picked Veldril because I saw Masq as money in the bank.
Imma lead farmer, motherfucka!~ T: TLO P: InCa Z: Sen
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
October 13 2010 23:32 GMT
#1330
On October 14 2010 08:21 oddo123 wrote:
To explain myself, it was a toss up for me between Masq and Veldril. I picked Veldril because I saw Masq as money in the bank.

me too
but you can suspect me because i like reading things including me :D
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
October 13 2010 23:39 GMT
#1331
On October 14 2010 07:02 BrownBear wrote:
People who (relatively) last-minute bandwagoned onto Masq (started with about 5 hours to go):

Hittegods
bumatlarge
Pandain
kitaman27
SINiquity
Kpyolysis32
Veldril
AirbladeOrange
Shmotz


Now, I can kindaunderstand Veldril (dude was second in line, that's just defensive voting), but the rest of that list could be vamps trying to bus. Or mafia trying to ensure Masq died.

Although mafia didn't know he was vamp any more than we did until the flip... perhaps mafia really wanted Veldril alive for some reason?

Will look into this more.


I'm happy someone is doing what I suggested yesterday, regardless of whether or not I influenced them. Although I REALLY misinterpreted Dr.H's conditions for town (8 of each instead of 8 in general), this list is still as important as it was before, we just have to be as consistent. It would be best to take out a mafia next, but whoever is the scummiest should be lynched. We should consider double lynch, but it would be dangerous considering both sides just need to kill each other.

Veldril should die anyway even if he is most likely another vampire, it's better then hitting townies. and a +2 win margin for mafia isnt all that much so early if we can read them well.

As for my own defense, I wont change anything I've said. Use your own judgement.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 08:03 bumatlarge wrote:
RE-READ THREAD: MASQ SHOULD BE LYNCHED

I must have misread somewhere on the veldril and masq debate, but going back, masq is the obvious lynch here.
1. He has clues pointing to him that seem a little obvious, but they are clear clues regarding something.
2. Veldril defended him, so we may have a lead if masq pops scum.
3. The vote lists will help us massively on fishing out opposing faction

The first two points have been discussed to death, so make your own observations there. I underestimated what Bill said regarding the sides. I failed to realize that the objective of either side is to kill the other team, regardless of towns numbers. It's almost as if town and mafia roles are reversed, since town just need to outnumber the remaining 8 scum. That means that either side cant win until much later if they lose one member... which is assumed they will if the other faction is smart.

If the two candidates for lynch (masq/veldril) contain at least one scum, we can be certain that right now on the lists contain a good number of scum from the opposite faction, depending on what they are. We just need mafia/vamps to kill each other decisively. If they don't they risk the other faction rising ahead. Therefore both teams need to rely on end game tactics.

Heh, it's almost as if we don't need to do anything if scum are good players. We just need to follow clues and go with the flow.

Masq is my vote, and if hes scum, then we can sift through the current list of masq people for his opposite faction.

Below are the votes just before I made my point. They should be important so neither side pulls ahead. It would be better to chance a stab at a team that has twice the members left of the other team to prevent a rout.
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 08:09 bumatlarge wrote:
For Masq,
+ Show Spoiler +
18 - Glasse, CubEdIn, Nemesis, aztrorisk, Yogy, Neos, spydr, zerroth, Aeres, LSB, pandain, Hyperbola, seRapH, Flicky, Therick, TheMunkey, Bill Murray, coagulation

For Veldril
+ Show Spoiler +
17 - Lucktar, jodogohoo, YummyBlaBla, kenpachi, annul, jcarlsoniv, youngminii, southrawrea, Masq, grandmoose, bumatlarge, HeavOnEarth, oddo123, thegilaboy, kingjames01, Lexpar, MetalFace


These list are important. If I die, let these guide you once you learn the alignment of the two.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 09:27 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 09:08 orgolove wrote:
All right. I updated the spreadsheet with everybody's current votes, voting patterns (changes), smurf lists, suspicious patterns etc.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ap0Ejzlf165MdENWM3p1cHNOcDlnT0o4bjNUUFdVMlE&hl=en&output=html


I thought my Veldril -> Masq post was important
Veldril defended masq, and masq didn't associate with him. Veldril could be scum protecting himself or legitimate towny with opinions, or Masq is innocent thats all well, or hes scum and it's a much greater chance that veldril is on his team.

But unless a glaringly obvious lynch comes forward, but between veldril and masq, could dissect which sides we are dealing with. But at a certain point, it does become advantageous for a scum team with >4 players to start town killing...

Please go over the win conditions people and realize what we are supposed to be doing here. They are far from ordinary win conditions.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 09:31 bumatlarge wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 09:11 Lexpar wrote:
Pandain and bumatlarge you've yet to defend your arguments.

Pandain:
Show nested quote +

Everyone vote heaven on earth. I think he's really the only good "lynch" today. Either that or Masq, because from there we find out alot on Veldril anyway. But I would prefer Heaven on Earth over masq because we can find out whether the jack o lantern i sactually a clue or not.


Show nested quote +
I want everyone who voted Veldril to change their vote ASAP unless they pm me a reason, or state so in thread. I'd prefer Masq do to. We got this. However, stay on until the end would be preffered in the unlikely case we don't have enough time


bumatlarge:
Show nested quote +
3. The vote lists will help us massively on fishing out opposing faction

The first two points have been discussed to death, so make your own observations there. I underestimated what Bill said regarding the sides. I failed to realize that the objective of either side is to kill the other team, regardless of towns numbers. It's almost as if town and mafia roles are reversed, since town just need to outnumber the remaining 8 scum. That means that either side cant win until much later if they lose one member... which is assumed they will if the other faction is smart.

If the two candidates for lynch (masq/veldril) contain at least one scum, we can be certain that right now on the lists contain a good number of scum from the opposite faction, depending on what they are. We just need mafia/vamps to kill each other decisively. If they don't they risk the other faction rising ahead. Therefore both teams need to rely on end game tactics.

Heh, it's almost as if we don't need to do anything if scum are good players. We just need to follow clues and go with the flow.

Masq is my vote, and if hes scum, then we can sift through the current list of masq people for his opposite faction.


Me:
Show nested quote +
I'm not sure I understand your guys argument. Everyone should bandwagon with you so that once he's lynched and revealed to be a baddie, we'll know with certainty that everyone who didn't vote to lynch him was on his team? This seems like an incredibly polarized point of view. Please explain yourselves pan/bum.


Show nested quote +
I still don't understand why hes suggesting that doing what he says, because everyone who dosen't is obviously baddie, is a foolproof idea. I'm willing to bet a big chunk of people voting for masq/vel did so out of not wanting to "waste" their vote on someone else, and going with whoever had the highest votes at the time. What are the odds these guys are gonna log on now and change their vote in the last 4 hours? Because they're lazy or maybe work nights, we condemn them to being on a baddie team?


I've posted a list of pre-switch votes. Since no one seems to care, I guess they still hold some water. No one is band-wagoning. Just PLEASE pay attention to votes, they are tell tale signs of faction mongering unless people aimlessly throw votes on nobodies. I suggest people investigate those individuals.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Kpyolysis32
Profile Joined April 2010
553 Posts
October 14 2010 00:02 GMT
#1332
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 14 2010 08:39 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2010 07:02 BrownBear wrote:
People who (relatively) last-minute bandwagoned onto Masq (started with about 5 hours to go):

Hittegods
bumatlarge
Pandain
kitaman27
SINiquity
Kpyolysis32
Veldril
AirbladeOrange
Shmotz


Now, I can kindaunderstand Veldril (dude was second in line, that's just defensive voting), but the rest of that list could be vamps trying to bus. Or mafia trying to ensure Masq died.

Although mafia didn't know he was vamp any more than we did until the flip... perhaps mafia really wanted Veldril alive for some reason?

Will look into this more.


I'm happy someone is doing what I suggested yesterday, regardless of whether or not I influenced them. Although I REALLY misinterpreted Dr.H's conditions for town (8 of each instead of 8 in general), this list is still as important as it was before, we just have to be as consistent. It would be best to take out a mafia next, but whoever is the scummiest should be lynched. We should consider double lynch, but it would be dangerous considering both sides just need to kill each other.

Veldril should die anyway even if he is most likely another vampire, it's better then hitting townies. and a +2 win margin for mafia isnt all that much so early if we can read them well.

As for my own defense, I wont change anything I've said. Use your own judgement.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 08:03 bumatlarge wrote:
RE-READ THREAD: MASQ SHOULD BE LYNCHED

I must have misread somewhere on the veldril and masq debate, but going back, masq is the obvious lynch here.
1. He has clues pointing to him that seem a little obvious, but they are clear clues regarding something.
2. Veldril defended him, so we may have a lead if masq pops scum.
3. The vote lists will help us massively on fishing out opposing faction

The first two points have been discussed to death, so make your own observations there. I underestimated what Bill said regarding the sides. I failed to realize that the objective of either side is to kill the other team, regardless of towns numbers. It's almost as if town and mafia roles are reversed, since town just need to outnumber the remaining 8 scum. That means that either side cant win until much later if they lose one member... which is assumed they will if the other faction is smart.

If the two candidates for lynch (masq/veldril) contain at least one scum, we can be certain that right now on the lists contain a good number of scum from the opposite faction, depending on what they are. We just need mafia/vamps to kill each other decisively. If they don't they risk the other faction rising ahead. Therefore both teams need to rely on end game tactics.

Heh, it's almost as if we don't need to do anything if scum are good players. We just need to follow clues and go with the flow.

Masq is my vote, and if hes scum, then we can sift through the current list of masq people for his opposite faction.

Below are the votes just before I made my point. They should be important so neither side pulls ahead. It would be better to chance a stab at a team that has twice the members left of the other team to prevent a rout.
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 08:09 bumatlarge wrote:
For Masq,
+ Show Spoiler +
18 - Glasse, CubEdIn, Nemesis, aztrorisk, Yogy, Neos, spydr, zerroth, Aeres, LSB, pandain, Hyperbola, seRapH, Flicky, Therick, TheMunkey, Bill Murray, coagulation

For Veldril
+ Show Spoiler +
17 - Lucktar, jodogohoo, YummyBlaBla, kenpachi, annul, jcarlsoniv, youngminii, southrawrea, Masq, grandmoose, bumatlarge, HeavOnEarth, oddo123, thegilaboy, kingjames01, Lexpar, MetalFace


These list are important. If I die, let these guide you once you learn the alignment of the two.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 09:27 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 09:08 orgolove wrote:
All right. I updated the spreadsheet with everybody's current votes, voting patterns (changes), smurf lists, suspicious patterns etc.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ap0Ejzlf165MdENWM3p1cHNOcDlnT0o4bjNUUFdVMlE&hl=en&output=html


I thought my Veldril -> Masq post was important
Veldril defended masq, and masq didn't associate with him. Veldril could be scum protecting himself or legitimate towny with opinions, or Masq is innocent thats all well, or hes scum and it's a much greater chance that veldril is on his team.

But unless a glaringly obvious lynch comes forward, but between veldril and masq, could dissect which sides we are dealing with. But at a certain point, it does become advantageous for a scum team with >4 players to start town killing...

Please go over the win conditions people and realize what we are supposed to be doing here. They are far from ordinary win conditions.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 09:31 bumatlarge wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 09:11 Lexpar wrote:
Pandain and bumatlarge you've yet to defend your arguments.

Pandain:
Show nested quote +

Everyone vote heaven on earth. I think he's really the only good "lynch" today. Either that or Masq, because from there we find out alot on Veldril anyway. But I would prefer Heaven on Earth over masq because we can find out whether the jack o lantern i sactually a clue or not.


Show nested quote +
I want everyone who voted Veldril to change their vote ASAP unless they pm me a reason, or state so in thread. I'd prefer Masq do to. We got this. However, stay on until the end would be preffered in the unlikely case we don't have enough time


bumatlarge:
Show nested quote +
3. The vote lists will help us massively on fishing out opposing faction

The first two points have been discussed to death, so make your own observations there. I underestimated what Bill said regarding the sides. I failed to realize that the objective of either side is to kill the other team, regardless of towns numbers. It's almost as if town and mafia roles are reversed, since town just need to outnumber the remaining 8 scum. That means that either side cant win until much later if they lose one member... which is assumed they will if the other faction is smart.

If the two candidates for lynch (masq/veldril) contain at least one scum, we can be certain that right now on the lists contain a good number of scum from the opposite faction, depending on what they are. We just need mafia/vamps to kill each other decisively. If they don't they risk the other faction rising ahead. Therefore both teams need to rely on end game tactics.

Heh, it's almost as if we don't need to do anything if scum are good players. We just need to follow clues and go with the flow.

Masq is my vote, and if hes scum, then we can sift through the current list of masq people for his opposite faction.


Me:
Show nested quote +
I'm not sure I understand your guys argument. Everyone should bandwagon with you so that once he's lynched and revealed to be a baddie, we'll know with certainty that everyone who didn't vote to lynch him was on his team? This seems like an incredibly polarized point of view. Please explain yourselves pan/bum.


Show nested quote +
I still don't understand why hes suggesting that doing what he says, because everyone who dosen't is obviously baddie, is a foolproof idea. I'm willing to bet a big chunk of people voting for masq/vel did so out of not wanting to "waste" their vote on someone else, and going with whoever had the highest votes at the time. What are the odds these guys are gonna log on now and change their vote in the last 4 hours? Because they're lazy or maybe work nights, we condemn them to being on a baddie team?


I've posted a list of pre-switch votes. Since no one seems to care, I guess they still hold some water. No one is band-wagoning. Just PLEASE pay attention to votes, they are tell tale signs of faction mongering unless people aimlessly throw votes on nobodies. I suggest people investigate those individuals.


Double lynch? Not a thing I'm familiar with; how does it work?

And my name was on that list of late vote-switchers, so I should probably defend myself: I wanted to vote for someone who hadn't posted much to try and get hem to react and reveal information (assuming that others would vote for them as well or that I could convince some, which I was working on unsuccessfully in PMland). That's why I voted for Kenpachi, and then, after being informed that I was an idiot for saying that in my post about him, HeavOnEarth, because Pandain was already pushing for him, I figured it was a good person to try and get a reaction from. Then seeing that absolutely nobody else I talked to agreed with this chain of thought, I voted Masq so that my vote wouldn't be wasted.
Man, do I not keep this up to date, or what?
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
October 14 2010 00:17 GMT
#1333
On October 14 2010 09:02 Kpyolysis32 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 14 2010 08:39 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2010 07:02 BrownBear wrote:
People who (relatively) last-minute bandwagoned onto Masq (started with about 5 hours to go):

Hittegods
bumatlarge
Pandain
kitaman27
SINiquity
Kpyolysis32
Veldril
AirbladeOrange
Shmotz


Now, I can kindaunderstand Veldril (dude was second in line, that's just defensive voting), but the rest of that list could be vamps trying to bus. Or mafia trying to ensure Masq died.

Although mafia didn't know he was vamp any more than we did until the flip... perhaps mafia really wanted Veldril alive for some reason?

Will look into this more.


I'm happy someone is doing what I suggested yesterday, regardless of whether or not I influenced them. Although I REALLY misinterpreted Dr.H's conditions for town (8 of each instead of 8 in general), this list is still as important as it was before, we just have to be as consistent. It would be best to take out a mafia next, but whoever is the scummiest should be lynched. We should consider double lynch, but it would be dangerous considering both sides just need to kill each other.

Veldril should die anyway even if he is most likely another vampire, it's better then hitting townies. and a +2 win margin for mafia isnt all that much so early if we can read them well.

As for my own defense, I wont change anything I've said. Use your own judgement.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 08:03 bumatlarge wrote:
RE-READ THREAD: MASQ SHOULD BE LYNCHED

I must have misread somewhere on the veldril and masq debate, but going back, masq is the obvious lynch here.
1. He has clues pointing to him that seem a little obvious, but they are clear clues regarding something.
2. Veldril defended him, so we may have a lead if masq pops scum.
3. The vote lists will help us massively on fishing out opposing faction

The first two points have been discussed to death, so make your own observations there. I underestimated what Bill said regarding the sides. I failed to realize that the objective of either side is to kill the other team, regardless of towns numbers. It's almost as if town and mafia roles are reversed, since town just need to outnumber the remaining 8 scum. That means that either side cant win until much later if they lose one member... which is assumed they will if the other faction is smart.

If the two candidates for lynch (masq/veldril) contain at least one scum, we can be certain that right now on the lists contain a good number of scum from the opposite faction, depending on what they are. We just need mafia/vamps to kill each other decisively. If they don't they risk the other faction rising ahead. Therefore both teams need to rely on end game tactics.

Heh, it's almost as if we don't need to do anything if scum are good players. We just need to follow clues and go with the flow.

Masq is my vote, and if hes scum, then we can sift through the current list of masq people for his opposite faction.

Below are the votes just before I made my point. They should be important so neither side pulls ahead. It would be better to chance a stab at a team that has twice the members left of the other team to prevent a rout.
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 08:09 bumatlarge wrote:
For Masq,
+ Show Spoiler +
18 - Glasse, CubEdIn, Nemesis, aztrorisk, Yogy, Neos, spydr, zerroth, Aeres, LSB, pandain, Hyperbola, seRapH, Flicky, Therick, TheMunkey, Bill Murray, coagulation

For Veldril
+ Show Spoiler +
17 - Lucktar, jodogohoo, YummyBlaBla, kenpachi, annul, jcarlsoniv, youngminii, southrawrea, Masq, grandmoose, bumatlarge, HeavOnEarth, oddo123, thegilaboy, kingjames01, Lexpar, MetalFace


These list are important. If I die, let these guide you once you learn the alignment of the two.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 09:27 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 09:08 orgolove wrote:
All right. I updated the spreadsheet with everybody's current votes, voting patterns (changes), smurf lists, suspicious patterns etc.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ap0Ejzlf165MdENWM3p1cHNOcDlnT0o4bjNUUFdVMlE&hl=en&output=html


I thought my Veldril -> Masq post was important
Veldril defended masq, and masq didn't associate with him. Veldril could be scum protecting himself or legitimate towny with opinions, or Masq is innocent thats all well, or hes scum and it's a much greater chance that veldril is on his team.

But unless a glaringly obvious lynch comes forward, but between veldril and masq, could dissect which sides we are dealing with. But at a certain point, it does become advantageous for a scum team with >4 players to start town killing...

Please go over the win conditions people and realize what we are supposed to be doing here. They are far from ordinary win conditions.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 09:31 bumatlarge wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 09:11 Lexpar wrote:
Pandain and bumatlarge you've yet to defend your arguments.

Pandain:
Show nested quote +

Everyone vote heaven on earth. I think he's really the only good "lynch" today. Either that or Masq, because from there we find out alot on Veldril anyway. But I would prefer Heaven on Earth over masq because we can find out whether the jack o lantern i sactually a clue or not.


Show nested quote +
I want everyone who voted Veldril to change their vote ASAP unless they pm me a reason, or state so in thread. I'd prefer Masq do to. We got this. However, stay on until the end would be preffered in the unlikely case we don't have enough time


bumatlarge:
Show nested quote +
3. The vote lists will help us massively on fishing out opposing faction

The first two points have been discussed to death, so make your own observations there. I underestimated what Bill said regarding the sides. I failed to realize that the objective of either side is to kill the other team, regardless of towns numbers. It's almost as if town and mafia roles are reversed, since town just need to outnumber the remaining 8 scum. That means that either side cant win until much later if they lose one member... which is assumed they will if the other faction is smart.

If the two candidates for lynch (masq/veldril) contain at least one scum, we can be certain that right now on the lists contain a good number of scum from the opposite faction, depending on what they are. We just need mafia/vamps to kill each other decisively. If they don't they risk the other faction rising ahead. Therefore both teams need to rely on end game tactics.

Heh, it's almost as if we don't need to do anything if scum are good players. We just need to follow clues and go with the flow.

Masq is my vote, and if hes scum, then we can sift through the current list of masq people for his opposite faction.


Me:
Show nested quote +
I'm not sure I understand your guys argument. Everyone should bandwagon with you so that once he's lynched and revealed to be a baddie, we'll know with certainty that everyone who didn't vote to lynch him was on his team? This seems like an incredibly polarized point of view. Please explain yourselves pan/bum.


Show nested quote +
I still don't understand why hes suggesting that doing what he says, because everyone who dosen't is obviously baddie, is a foolproof idea. I'm willing to bet a big chunk of people voting for masq/vel did so out of not wanting to "waste" their vote on someone else, and going with whoever had the highest votes at the time. What are the odds these guys are gonna log on now and change their vote in the last 4 hours? Because they're lazy or maybe work nights, we condemn them to being on a baddie team?


I've posted a list of pre-switch votes. Since no one seems to care, I guess they still hold some water. No one is band-wagoning. Just PLEASE pay attention to votes, they are tell tale signs of faction mongering unless people aimlessly throw votes on nobodies. I suggest people investigate those individuals.


Double lynch? Not a thing I'm familiar with; how does it work?

And my name was on that list of late vote-switchers, so I should probably defend myself: I wanted to vote for someone who hadn't posted much to try and get hem to react and reveal information (assuming that others would vote for them as well or that I could convince some, which I was working on unsuccessfully in PMland). That's why I voted for Kenpachi, and then, after being informed that I was an idiot for saying that in my post about him, HeavOnEarth, because Pandain was already pushing for him, I figured it was a good person to try and get a reaction from. Then seeing that absolutely nobody else I talked to agreed with this chain of thought, I voted Masq so that my vote wouldn't be wasted.


Oh wait there might not be double lynch my bad
Together but separate, like oatmeal
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 14 2010 00:32 GMT
#1334
There are no double lynches in this game.
RIP Aaliyah
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
October 14 2010 00:52 GMT
#1335
That's too bad... in a game with a full 1/3 of the participants as Mafia, double lynches might have actually been helpful to us.

Ahh well.
SUNSFANNED
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
October 14 2010 00:53 GMT
#1336
On October 14 2010 09:52 BrownBear wrote:
That's too bad... in a game with a full 1/3 of the participants as Mafia, double lynches might have actually been helpful to us.

Ahh well.

They're also complicating an already complicated setup.
Uff Da
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 14 2010 00:55 GMT
#1337
On October 14 2010 09:52 BrownBear wrote:
That's too bad... in a game with a full 1/3 of the participants as Mafia, double lynches might have actually been helpful to us.

Ahh well.


I decided that with lynches, grim reapers, jack o lanterns, and a combined 6 scum kill power, there are more than enough kills to go around.
RIP Aaliyah
KhrisKruel
Profile Joined August 2010
United States146 Posts
October 14 2010 01:02 GMT
#1338
Hey guys sorry I missed out on day 1. I didn't have access to the thread. I'm quite amazed we got a scum on day 1, but then again I'm not used to clue dynamics.

I'm catching up now and I'm on page 13. I thought I'd share this nice gem with you guys that I noticed.

On October 11 2010 15:48 Bill Murray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 15:33 Veldril wrote:
Secondly, I believe that there's old-school player here so we might be able to check their previous post first before making an accusation. Analyzing the old posts in previous games might become useful if you have time to do it.

LOL. YOU JUST ADMITTED YOU'D BUDDY WHEN MAFIA, AND YOU'VE BEEN DOING IT WITH MASQ. I DON'T MEAN TO BE FUNNY WITH HALLOWEEN-REFERENCES, BUT THAT WAS REALLY THE NAIL IN YOUR COFFIN MR VAMPIRE LOL


Let me clarify:

NAIL IN YOUR COFFIN MR VAMPIRE LOL


Let me clarify more:

MR VAMPIRE


Let me clarify 3 more times:

VAMPIRE

VAMPIRE

VAMPIRE


I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm looking for vampires AND mafia...anyone have thoughts on this?

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~Buddha
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
October 14 2010 01:08 GMT
#1339
ya how could bill know he was specifically a vampire>>>
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
October 14 2010 01:09 GMT
#1340
On October 14 2010 10:02 KhrisKruel wrote:
Hey guys sorry I missed out on day 1. I didn't have access to the thread. I'm quite amazed we got a scum on day 1, but then again I'm not used to clue dynamics.

I'm catching up now and I'm on page 13. I thought I'd share this nice gem with you guys that I noticed.

Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 15:48 Bill Murray wrote:
On October 11 2010 15:33 Veldril wrote:
Secondly, I believe that there's old-school player here so we might be able to check their previous post first before making an accusation. Analyzing the old posts in previous games might become useful if you have time to do it.

LOL. YOU JUST ADMITTED YOU'D BUDDY WHEN MAFIA, AND YOU'VE BEEN DOING IT WITH MASQ. I DON'T MEAN TO BE FUNNY WITH HALLOWEEN-REFERENCES, BUT THAT WAS REALLY THE NAIL IN YOUR COFFIN MR VAMPIRE LOL


Let me clarify:

Show nested quote +
NAIL IN YOUR COFFIN MR VAMPIRE LOL


Let me clarify more:

Show nested quote +
MR VAMPIRE


Let me clarify 3 more times:

Show nested quote +
VAMPIRE

Show nested quote +
VAMPIRE

Show nested quote +
VAMPIRE


I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm looking for vampires AND mafia...anyone have thoughts on this?


well he used the coffin reference.... and bill has been modkilled already....
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 142 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 988
ComeBackTV 744
SteadfastSC680
TaKeTV 467
IndyStarCraft 142
Rex120
EnkiAlexander 70
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 680
IndyStarCraft 144
ProTech144
Rex 120
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50495
Bisu 1830
Horang2 1265
EffOrt 1117
Soma 619
Hyuk 591
Mini 540
BeSt 538
Light 426
Larva 418
[ Show more ]
Rush 267
ZerO 215
910 89
Mong 83
Leta 72
firebathero 69
Pusan 54
Snow 54
Sexy 45
Mind 38
ToSsGirL 36
JYJ 31
Aegong 30
Bale 21
Shine 18
Rock 16
Terrorterran 15
Noble 13
Trap 13
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7511
qojqva1050
Counter-Strike
Fnx 770
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1520
Khaldor1105
Lowko461
Other Games
singsing1999
olofmeister1496
hiko1196
Beastyqt664
B2W.Neo404
Livibee202
Hui .184
Liquid`VortiX145
XaKoH 125
ArmadaUGS107
KnowMe102
djWHEAT83
Mew2King79
QueenE65
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 19
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3064
Other Games
• Shiphtur179
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 16m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 16m
Online Event
20h 16m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.