*All questions can be directed toward me.
End - GAME OVER!
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking.
This mafia game works slightly different than the normal one (read: Mafia), so I'll explain it a bit more. During the night mafia will collectively decide on and send in their hits to me, who they want dead (it's a good idea to discuss them during day so you know ahead of time). Any player with a special role that can act during the night must PM me their actions each and every night.
If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win the game. The goal for the townspeople is to lynch all the members of the mafia by whatever analysis, teamwork, or guile they have. The goal of the mafia, of course, is to kill the townspeople with murderous precision.
The game is typically very active and there are usually numerous walls of text to wade through. If you are not a person who likes reading then I highly suggest you don't play the game because it is essential to being informed within the game. I will not compensate for ignorance.
Rules: (subject to change) (Also, my setup is quite different, so please read everything thoroughly no matter what kind of experience you have with TL Mafia. Also note that this is geared more toward players who have at least a game or two of experience)
In the past, many players have complained or quit because of the excessive bm and pointless flaming. If you are posting aggressively and know you couldn't get away with it anywhere else on this site, it probably isn't ok here. Besides, contrary to what you may think, yelling at someone is a great way to convince people to disagree with your arguments. Please do not post inappropriately, or it will earn you a warning based on mod discretion. If you choose to ignore the warning, you will be modkilled. Examples of inappropriate posts include excessive cursing and vulgarity, among other things.
Cheating includes (but is not limited to) the following and will get you banned from future games:
1. Posting after death, outside of your one allowed post (details later). Outside of this, please do not post anything which could even POSSIBLY affect the game. If you post anything which I deem game-altering, whether intended or not, you will be temp banned from my future games as per Strategic Rule Breaking. I reserve the final say on the matter. If you have any doubts to the acceptability of an after-death post, PM me before you make your post and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
2. Betraying your role and ruining the game for everyone by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account / checking their PMs / looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox. This is not a photoshop competition.
6. Posting any PM you receive from a host and also any other PMs at all.
7. Editing posts. Editing posts is not allowed for any reason. The mods can see your edits, and if you are caught, you will look suspicious.
8. Strategic Rule Breaking is when you break a rule and that action leads to a net gain for your team. If you do this, you will be temp banned from my future games, and I will request that you be placed on the TL Mafia Ban List for one game longer than you would receive for inactivity bans. Again, your pleas of innocence will not be entertained. Feel free to contact me to confirm that your strategy is valid if you have any doubts.
9. Playing for the mafia when you’re town in hopes of getting recruited.
1. You must post your vote in the Vote Thread (which will be in a separate thread in the mafia forum). Do not PM it to me, or send it to me in any other way.
2. You must clearly declare and bold your vote in this format ie: ##Vote Qatol.
3. You can not autochange your vote to the losing or winning bandwagon.
4. You may vote for yourself if you so choose. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
5. Voting is mandatory. You may NOT abstain. Vote, or be modkilled.
6. Person with the most votes at the end of the day dies. In the case of a tie, the first person with the most votes will by lynched.
Inactivity has been a problem in every mafia game so far. My rules are simple: Miss a vote and you will be modkilled. Anyone who is modkilled may not play in one of my games until they have proven themselves to be active players in another game / until I say so.
*Furthermore, you must post at least once in this thread by the end of the first day to avoid being modkilled. Simply voting doesn't work. This is to confirm your presence in the game. And again, you must vote every day.
Strategic modkills are NOT allowed, either. A strategic modkill is defined as anything that will better the position of your team. You cannot threaten with the words "well if you kill X and he's not mafia I'll get myself modkilled" or anything in that vein. Essentially, you may not use your non-majority-decided death as a bargaining chip. If you do happen to be modkilled, you will be put on Qatol's ban list, and cannot play in an "official" game till you have served your sentence.
There are no clues.
This game will follow a strict 24 hour night/48 hour day cycle. In case I will not be there, any votes after the 48 hour mark will not count and the game will be put on halt until the night post is up. Currently the tentative time deadline is 02:00 GMT (+00:00), but that is subject to change.
Chuiu, Ace, Tracil, dreamflower, Caller, BloodyC0bbler, Qatol, Ver, LTT, Plexa, Pyrrhuloxia, Incognito, Zona, Bill Murray, and flamewheel for taking the time to run mafia games for us.
The balance crew (you know who you are) for helping me to make this setup