+ Show Spoiler +
beware of spoilers if you plan to read these
Feel free to PM if you have any questions.
Town players may have a win condition seperate from the town, or an ability to pick alliance during crucial points of play. Expect the unexpected. The starting player list goes as follows, but is neither limited by nor restricted to the following players and affiliations:
Dumbledore's army : Town
Death Eaters: If Death Eaters outnumber remaining original town-aligned players they achieve their win condition. Voldemort cannot be killed until his Horcruxes are destroyed. Nagini is a Horcrux. There is another hidden Horcrux that must be found.
Potential 3rd party.
KP = 1
1. I am the mod. My word is law. I reserve the right to change any rules for game-breaking
2. I am not perfect. If you believe I have made a mistake, point it out and I will fix it. If you have beef, please PM me.
3. This is a game. Have fun. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "You roleclaim like a dirty jew" is acceptable. "Go fuck yourself" is not. You know the difference, just don't get mad.
4. Do not quote private communications with me or with other players. If you have a mason role, and I have not told you that it's ok to tell people you're a mason, don't do it. If you do this I will modkill you. Fair warning.
5. Keep everything in the thread, unless your role allows you to PM. Lets be fair.
6. Votes should be made in bold, such as Vote: Incognito. When changing your vote, please Unvote: Incog. Help a brotha out. Shorthand is ok. If you want to vote for Bill Murray you may Vote: BM
7. A lynch suffers the requirement of a simple majority. If there is a majority beforehand, the day will go into twilight.
8. Once a majority is reached, that player is lynched and no further votes or unvotes will be counted.
9. If a majority is not reached, whoever gets the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, whatever received the most votes first will be lynched.
10. This game will have set deadlines. Each day phase will last 48 hours, and each night phase will last 24 hours.
Minister of Magic: Instead of the initial lynch vote on day 1, there will be candidacy for the Minister of Magic. Your character must be over 18 to run for Minister of Magic. The MoM will serve a function as a mayor, will get to pick the day 1 lynch, and will have 2 auror bodyguards that I will pick from the player pool that may be either town or mafia aligned. Your vote counts as 2 and a half.
Governor. : The Pardoner gets 2 possible chances to Pardon someone from lynch. The person who gets the second-most votes for MoM will get to become a Governor. The Governor has the ability to prevent a lynch. During twilight, the Governor may ask the moderator to stop a lynch.
Auror: A bodyguard role. The Auror may be a role that has a 50% chance of successfully protecting the target and finds out his target's attacker, and a 25% chance that either the Auror or Minister dies instead (depending on roll), and a 25% chance that both the Auror and the Minister dies.
Medic: See Episky (self protect with Protego)
Detective: may be naive, sane, insane, weak, whatever
Roleblocker: see Expelliarmus
Mason: You may be a "mason". If this is the case, you may be able to PM someone during the night. If you can PM them, do not make a known claim to the town unless your role PM specifically states you may do anything involving this (including breadcrumbing). I will not hesitate to modkill you over a transgression.
Bodyguard : Pro-town defensive role. A role that functions like a normal Doctor, but dies if the protected player is attacked.
Treestump : The Tree Stump is a pro-town role that has no effects or Night Actions, apart from once per game the Tree Stump may publicly declare themselves as the Tree Stump, after which he can no longer vote or be killed by anybody. The Tree Stump may be killed before his declaration. #
Busdriver: The Bus Driver is a role who may choose to switch two players each night. Thus, any night choice performed on a switched player will affect the other player targeted by the Bus Driver. The Bus Driver's night choices are only valid for that same night.
Traitor : The Traitor is a role with a pro-Mafia alignment that is not actually in the Mafia family. The Traitor knows who is in the Mafia, but the Mafia do not know who the Traitor is. The Traitor uses through his or her vote to keep the Mafia from getting lynched and wins with the Mafia.
Survivor : The survivor is a lone player who wins if he is alive when any faction achieves their win condition. #
Expelliarmus: Much like the roleblocker can target a player to nullify their ability, a player can use a night action by inhibiting someone's action or "use of their wand" with an Expelliarmus. disarm a player and prevent their action for a night.
Occlumency: The ability to "put up a wall" when someone tries to read your mind. Passive.
Episky: General healing spell. Protect a player during the night
Avada Kedavra: The Killing Curse.
Imperius Curse: Put someone "under your spell". As a result of using this curse on someone, I will roll to see if it works (50/50), and if it does they will not be aware of it working. You would then be able to pick their night action for them. Some characters me not be susceptible to Imperio, while others may be more receptive to it. In those cases, I will not be making a roll.
Legilimency: The ability to read someone's mind. I will give you a PM on their thoughts, and you may use that information to deduce what character the person may be.
Example role PM:
You are Albus Dumbledore. You are town-aligned. You may cast the Expelliarmus and disarm a player resulting in prevention of their action for a night.
Not all players will have spells, and no player will have every spell.
If you are unsure you can do something, please PM me before doing it.
There are also events that may occur like takeovers or battles where I may or may not be requiring different actions from you. I will be giving specific role pms this game.