Three Kingdoms Mafia
The year is 280 AD. China is engulfed in a massive civil war between the states of Wei, Wu, and Shu. Brave Prefects of Chinese districts gather together to help decide the decisions of their armies in rooting out suspected rebels and traitors.
READ CAREFULLY, THIS IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM NORMAL MAFIA
There are many different factions in this game. There are:
The Forces of Wei, led by Cao Cao.
The Forces of Wu, led by Sun Quan.
The Forces of Shu, led by Liu Bei.
Initially each faction consists of just one person. Every night, each faction may recruit another player to their team. Some players are unrecruitable, however, including enemy faction leaders. If the faction leader is slain, the entire faction collapses and dies with him. However, you can recruit enemy players as long as they are not the faction leader. If a player is recruited by multiple faction leaders at the same time, they all cancel out.
There is also a 4th Party in the form of the Yellow Turbans. They may recruit anybody but faction leaders and Yellow Turbans cannot be recruited. However, if the Yellow Turbans try to recruit a faction leader, they all die.
All other players start as generic Prefects with no particular alliance affiliation.
Victory is attained when one faction outnumbers all the other factions.
Lynching is also slightly different in this regard. Rather than people voting on someone to be lynched, people vote to give one player control of their “armies.” The player with the most armies is allowed to choose somebody to lynch. If a faction leader/Yellow Turban leader is attacked, in order for the attack to be successful, the amount of armies given must outnumber the amount of people in that faction. Otherwise the attack fails and no lynch is made.
There are also other roles in the game among the Prefects, such as alignment checkers, role detectors, assassins, and more. But you can figure those out for yourselves.
Flaming and trolling are highly encouraged. However, if players report to me that they are being personally harassed, then I will issue a warning to that person and then modkill them upon any infringement.
1. Voting is done in a separate thread, to be created once the game starts. Please keep votes there, and only votes. The third post of this thread will contain the vote count.
2. Please vote in the following format, to make it easier for everyone to read: ##Vote Qatol. While the bolding in itself is not necessarily needed, it makes it easier on everybody's eyes. Please bold. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will update votes whenever I get the chance.
3. You cannot autochange your vote to the losing or winning bandwagon.
4. You may vote for yourself if you're crazy. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
5. In the event of a tie the person with the most votes first wins (or loses ) over the other person.
6. Voting is mandatory. You may NOT abstain.
7. Majority voting is not in effect.
If you sign up for this game you better be posting and voting at least once every day and night cycle. If you don’t I will annihilate your prefecture with some kind of natural disaster. And then ban you permanently from any of my games.
This game will follow a strict 24 hour night/48 hour day cycle. In case I am not be there, any votes or actions after the end-of-the-cycle mark will not count and the game will be put on halt until I get the next post up.
Caller, Caller, Caller, Caller, Caller, Caller, Caller, Caller, Caller, Caller, Caller, Caller, Caller, and all those other guys for taking the time to run mafia games for us. Thanks guys for all your hard work.
Furthermore, props to the balance crew (you know who you are) for helping us to make this setup reasonably imbalanced.