• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:22
CEST 02:22
KST 09:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8888 users

Micro-MAFIA (The Second) - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-29 23:27:30
March 29 2010 23:21 GMT
#21
On March 30 2010 02:57 flamewheel91 wrote:
One thing people could do about the "long day/night cycles" would be to hold the "marathon mafia" games like they do on mafiascum.net, where each cycle lasts X minutes and players are required to stay for the duration of the game, and the whole game wouldn't last longer than two hours or so.

Mini Mafia I
Uff Da
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 29 2010 23:31 GMT
#22
So I realized that I've co-hosted/hosted way more games for TL mafia than I've played. Let's rectify this situation a bit.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 29 2010 23:47 GMT
#23
If I get one more player who is not active in another game within 2 or 3 hours, I will start the game today. I want to keep the day/night schedule synced with my other game.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 30 2010 00:02 GMT
#24
On March 30 2010 08:47 Zona wrote:
If I get one more player who is not active in another game within 2 or 3 hours, I will start the game today. I want to keep the day/night schedule synced with my other game.


Qatol go go go
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-30 00:24:17
March 30 2010 00:24 GMT
#25
Qatol!

Man it's going to feel weird not editing posts...
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 30 2010 00:51 GMT
#26
On March 30 2010 09:02 Foolishness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2010 08:47 Zona wrote:
If I get one more player who is not active in another game within 2 or 3 hours, I will start the game today. I want to keep the day/night schedule synced with my other game.


Qatol go go go

Ummm I have my Advocacy final in 3 days. Mafia would be a very bad idea.
Uff Da
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 30 2010 00:53 GMT
#27
On March 30 2010 09:51 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2010 09:02 Foolishness wrote:
On March 30 2010 08:47 Zona wrote:
If I get one more player who is not active in another game within 2 or 3 hours, I will start the game today. I want to keep the day/night schedule synced with my other game.


Qatol go go go

Ummm I have my Advocacy final in 3 days. Mafia would be a very bad good idea.

fix'd
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 30 2010 01:05 GMT
#28
On March 30 2010 09:53 Foolishness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2010 09:51 Qatol wrote:
On March 30 2010 09:02 Foolishness wrote:
On March 30 2010 08:47 Zona wrote:
If I get one more player who is not active in another game within 2 or 3 hours, I will start the game today. I want to keep the day/night schedule synced with my other game.


Qatol go go go

Ummm I have my Advocacy final in 3 days. Mafia would be a very bad good idea.

fix'd


!
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 30 2010 01:26 GMT
#29
On March 30 2010 09:51 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2010 09:02 Foolishness wrote:
On March 30 2010 08:47 Zona wrote:
If I get one more player who is not active in another game within 2 or 3 hours, I will start the game today. I want to keep the day/night schedule synced with my other game.


Qatol go go go

Ummm I have my Advocacy final in 3 days. Mafia would be a very bad idea.

Don't be a pussy, this kid is legit.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 30 2010 01:36 GMT
#30
On March 30 2010 10:26 L wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2010 09:51 Qatol wrote:
On March 30 2010 09:02 Foolishness wrote:
On March 30 2010 08:47 Zona wrote:
If I get one more player who is not active in another game within 2 or 3 hours, I will start the game today. I want to keep the day/night schedule synced with my other game.


Qatol go go go

Ummm I have my Advocacy final in 3 days. Mafia would be a very bad idea.

Don't be a pussy, this kidMalongo is legit.

Fixed¿
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 30 2010 01:46 GMT
#31
On March 30 2010 10:26 L wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2010 09:51 Qatol wrote:
On March 30 2010 09:02 Foolishness wrote:
On March 30 2010 08:47 Zona wrote:
If I get one more player who is not active in another game within 2 or 3 hours, I will start the game today. I want to keep the day/night schedule synced with my other game.


Qatol go go go

Ummm I have my Advocacy final in 3 days. Mafia would be a very bad idea.

Don't be a pussy, this kid is legit.

Lucky Canadian. You don't have to deal with the Erie doctrine.
Uff Da
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 30 2010 02:28 GMT
#32
OMM HERE
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 30 2010 02:37 GMT
#33
Game's up.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-30 02:40:52
March 30 2010 02:40 GMT
#34
The colony of Micropolis. Day 1.

Nine people, on a colony ship towards Mars, saw a strange asteroid headed their way. "Oh no," one of them cried, "It's the dreaded mindworms! They can slip through solid matter and infest anyone's brains, and it's really hard to tell once they've taken over! And there seems to be two mindworms on the asteroid!"

Unable to steer the ship away from the asteroid, they all braced for impact. Boom! When everything cleared, they were happy to see their ship was intact. But the mindworms were gone! Which of the crew did they infect?

But there was no way to tell, for now. All they could do was land, and begin to set up the colony, and try to survive. Each day they would select one of the crew to lynch and see if the brain was infected. Perhaps they would be able to get rid of the infestation that way.


Roles have been randomized and sent! Day 1 ends at Wednesday, March 31 at 10pm EST (or April 1 11:00KST/TeamLiquid time)!

Remember - no out of thread communications, including PMs are permitted for players who aren't mafia! Follow the voting format specified in the opening post! Unlike in game 1, I will NOT remind players if their votes are not being counted.

Play seriously, play to win and have fun!


##start day##

Note to all of those who are observing this game. Please refrain from posting in this thread until the game is over.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
KF91
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Canada221 Posts
March 30 2010 02:43 GMT
#35
Awesome story XD

Should we do a random vote for Day 1; or is that too dangerous for a micro game like this? :/
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 30 2010 02:49 GMT
#36
In most mafia games played, random votes almost never work out correctly since the odds are against you. In this case, if we voted "randomly" there'd be a straight up 2/9 chance of hitting mafia, which are unfavourable odds in my opinion. Of course, "random" fails to include mafia votes--in a game with two mafia, I'd daresay they'd loathe to vote for one another, not to mention the fact that mafia, knowing each other, can help push the "random" vote onto somebody else. All in all, what does this mean? There's a very small chance that you'd hit a mafia with a "random" lynch, so I'm more for analyzing behavioral posting.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
KF91
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Canada221 Posts
March 30 2010 02:49 GMT
#37
On March 30 2010 11:49 flamewheel91 wrote:
In most mafia games played, random votes almost never work out correctly since the odds are against you. In this case, if we voted "randomly" there'd be a straight up 2/9 chance of hitting mafia, which are unfavourable odds in my opinion. Of course, "random" fails to include mafia votes--in a game with two mafia, I'd daresay they'd loathe to vote for one another, not to mention the fact that mafia, knowing each other, can help push the "random" vote onto somebody else. All in all, what does this mean? There's a very small chance that you'd hit a mafia with a "random" lynch, so I'm more for analyzing behavioral posting.


Sounds more logical; I guess we'll wait until the other players start posting.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 30 2010 02:59 GMT
#38
That's my plan. I, for one, will view a player as suspicious if he accuses another player without providing grounded, non-flimsy evidence. Just because you know something doesn't mean we do, and since the only way for non-mafia members to divulge information to the town is through the thread, if you are pro-town, share your suspicions, thoughts, whatever--don't be silent. This game, like most of the other TL mafia ones, does not have a modkill boundary for remaining silent. Really hound on people that only show up to vote, or do not produce content in their posts.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 30 2010 03:08 GMT
#39
On March 30 2010 11:43 KF91 wrote:
Awesome story XD

Should we do a random vote for Day 1; or is that too dangerous for a micro game like this? :/


If you're going to advocate random killing, you might as well advocate no lynch as well. Although I do believe no lynch hurts the town in this setup (if my counting is correct).

At any rate, we have 48 hours to talk, it's not like we are pressed for time. As flamewheel has stated, there's plenty of opportunities to do behavioral analysis and there's no need to resort to random lynching. Even if we do pick someone to random lynch, I doubt they'll let it go unpunished and we'll probably end up lynching someone else in the ensuing debate.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
CynanMachae
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Canada1459 Posts
March 30 2010 03:15 GMT
#40
Random kills aren't going to make it that's for certain, but don't expect to have a whole lot of info for the first lynch either. Behavioral analysis and voting analysis really starts serisouly day 2 and forth.
Jang Yoon Chul hwaiting!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings60
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech155
ViBE149
Nina 140
SpeCial 74
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13697
Artosis 627
PianO 33
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
canceldota135
League of Legends
Doublelift3718
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1713
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe106
Other Games
summit1g7485
shahzam639
Day[9].tv550
C9.Mang0396
Maynarde94
Trikslyr77
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv550
• Shiphtur527
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 39m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.