TL Mafia XVIII
+ Show Spoiler +
*flamewheel91 is helping me co-host this game. Any questions or night actions can be directed towards him or me.
Please remember to be considerate to your fellow players. If you have signed up for this game, it is expected that you participate actively. Inactivity will not be tolerated this game. One missed vote and you're out (unless you notify me before hand).
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking.
This mafia game works slightly different than the normal ones featured here on TL, so I'll explain it a bit more. First off, the game will feature two mafia families, who have different objectives than the normal game. Each mafia family's objective is to eliminate the other mafia team. They do not have to eliminate the town in order to achieve victory. The town, on the other hand, must eliminate 8/10 mafia from both families in order to win. As usual, during the night mafia will collectively decide on and send in their hits to me, who they want dead (it's a good idea to discuss them during day so you know ahead of time). Any player with a special role that can act during the night must PM me their actions each and every night.
The game is typically very active and there are usually numerous walls of text to wade through. If you are not a person who likes reading then I highly suggest you don't play the game because it is essential to being informed within the game. I will not compensate for ignorance.
Rules: (subject to change)
In the past, many players have complained or quit because of the excessive bm and pointless flaming. If you are posting agressively and know you couldn't get away with it anywhere else on this site, it probably isn't ok here. Besides, contrary to what you may think, yelling at someone is a great way to convince people to disagree with your arguments. Please do not post inappropriately, or it will earn you a warning based on mod discretion. If you choose to ignore the warning, you will be modkilled. Examples of inappropriate posts include excessive cursing and vulgarity, among other things.
Cheating includes (but is not limited to) the following and will get you banned from future games:
1. Posting/talking with live players after death. One polite goodbye post is acceptable but please do not post anything which could POSSIBLY affect the game.
2. Betraying your role and ruining the game for everyone by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account / checking their PMs / looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox. This is not a photoshop competition.
6. Posting any PM you receive from a host.
7. Changing your profile / sig / possible clue material after the game begins, whether you are mafia or not. You'll be caught and just look more suspicious anyway.
8. Editing posts. Editing posts is not allowed for any reason. The mods can see your edits, and if you are caught, you will look suspicious.
1. You must post your vote in the Vote Thread (which will be in a separate thread in the mafia forum). Do not PM or IM it to me.
2. You must clearly declare and bold your vote in this format ie: "I vote to lynch Chuiu".
3. You can not autochange your vote to the losing or winning bandwagon.
4. You cannot vote for yourself or anyone dead or outside the game.
5. In the event of a tie the person with the most votes first wins over the other person.
6. You may abstain, but must let me know: ie: "I abstain from voting".
7. Voting is mandatory. You must vote or abstain.
Inactivity has been a problem in every mafia game so far. Modkills will be used as inactivity will be strongly frowned upon. The rules are simple. If you ever fail to either vote or abstain in the voting thread, then you will be modkilled. Exceptions to this rule may be granted if a) you notify me that you will be missing the vote in advance, and b) you have shown that you are otherwise active in the thread. Abstaining votes will be allowed, but please don't do it just because you don't want to read the thread.
Anyone who is modkilled may not play in one of my games until they have proven themselves to be active players in another game. I am hoping I never have to modkill anyone. Please remain active so I do not have to. If you do not believe you can maintain the required level of activity, please PM me before the game begins so that you can be replaced.
Signups for this game are open. However, priority will be given to those people who have received invites or have proven themselves to be active in past games. We are aiming to fill the game for about 50 players.
Every day post will tell a story describing the deaths of your murdered neighbors. These stories will leave behind clues pointing towards the mafia members. Clues can be taken from anywhere, so long as I see it relating to the person they are intended for. This means names, sigs, profiles, things related to names, etc.
To facilitate clue making, we are requesting that you spice up your profile and include:
- a profile picture
- a quote with the author of the quote named AND
- some text plus whatever else you want in your public profile page.
This game will follow a strict 24 hour night/48 hour day cycle. In case I am not around at the end of the day/night, any votes after the 48 hour mark will not count and the game will be put on halt until the night post is up.
I would ask that potential candidates do NOT begin their campaigns before the game starts. I believe doing so interferes with the atmosphere of the game and provides a level of sincerity that should not be part of the game. With this in mind, I would ask the voters not to consider running before the game begins as a perk to a player's candidacy.
Chuiu, Ace, Tracil, Caller, BloodyC0bbler, Qatol, Ver, LTT, Plexa, Pyrrhuloxia, and dreamflower for taking the time to run mafia games for us.
The balance crew (you know who you are) for helping us to make this setup reasonably balanced.