• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:12
CEST 04:12
KST 11:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8956 users

[Champion] Amumu - Page 18

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
November 04 2012 17:58 GMT
#341
sounds like reasonable ideas, sure. Anything else? I guess I'll write the guide here after it is done for grammar check.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
November 04 2012 18:02 GMT
#342
On November 05 2012 02:58 Scip wrote:
sounds like reasonable ideas, sure. Anything else? I guess I'll write the guide here after it is done for grammar check.


If I get off work early tonight I might start typing up something for what team comps Amumu would be best in and with what team comps you need what items with (obviously can't cover every base, but a few of the important ones). Whether I get around to it or not, I think it should be a staple in your guide though.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
November 04 2012 18:02 GMT
#343
Not sure what you mean by chase and not spamming E, with 0/21/9 and mspd quints you're faster than any laner in the game, your E is most of your damage next to Q, you can animation cancel but it's really not needed, there's never been a time when I didn't E during a gank when I could because I thought I would fall behind unless I was saving mana for something.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
November 04 2012 18:05 GMT
#344
On November 05 2012 03:02 zulu_nation8 wrote:
Not sure what you mean by chase and not spamming E, with 0/21/9 and mspd quints you're faster than any laner in the game, your E is most of your damage next to Q, you can animation cancel but it's really not needed, there's never been a time when I didn't E during a gank when I could because I thought I would fall behind unless I was saving mana for something.

Happens really only when you have red buff, autoattacking+Eing right after might slow you down too much. With red you might want to only autoattack sometimes to secure the kill.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
November 04 2012 18:10 GMT
#345
On November 05 2012 03:02 zulu_nation8 wrote:
Not sure what you mean by chase and not spamming E, with 0/21/9 and mspd quints you're faster than any laner in the game, your E is most of your damage next to Q, you can animation cancel but it's really not needed, there's never been a time when I didn't E during a gank when I could because I thought I would fall behind unless I was saving mana for something.


In my experience, the number of extra E's you land in a team fight is largely irrelevant when compared to sticking right on top of the carry you're going to try to bandage toss when it's off of cd. That 2nd stun should be your priority, not an extra 150 damage. That's obviously not saying to not use E, but more of be careful with its use as in his shell I think it said "Mash that E button in teamfights."
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
November 04 2012 18:21 GMT
#346
On November 05 2012 03:10 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2012 03:02 zulu_nation8 wrote:
Not sure what you mean by chase and not spamming E, with 0/21/9 and mspd quints you're faster than any laner in the game, your E is most of your damage next to Q, you can animation cancel but it's really not needed, there's never been a time when I didn't E during a gank when I could because I thought I would fall behind unless I was saving mana for something.


In my experience, the number of extra E's you land in a team fight is largely irrelevant when compared to sticking right on top of the carry you're going to try to bandage toss when it's off of cd. That 2nd stun should be your priority, not an extra 150 damage. That's obviously not saying to not use E, but more of be careful with its use as in his shell I think it said "Mash that E button in teamfights."


You don't always stick to the other carry in team fights, and regardless there's 0 reason not to mash E in team fights unless for mana problems.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
November 04 2012 19:42 GMT
#347
Should I make new thread for Amumu then? All the discussion here is outdated anway except for the last 2 pages, which will be indirectly included in the OP anyway
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 04 2012 19:50 GMT
#348
On November 05 2012 03:02 zulu_nation8 wrote:
Not sure what you mean by chase and not spamming E, with 0/21/9 and mspd quints you're faster than any laner in the game, your E is most of your damage next to Q, you can animation cancel but it's really not needed, there's never been a time when I didn't E during a gank when I could because I thought I would fall behind unless I was saving mana for something.

There are actually 320/325 base MS laners who will be faster than you with 0/21/9 because Amumu only has 310 base MS.
Moderator
DURRHURRDERP
Profile Joined May 2006
Canada929 Posts
November 04 2012 21:03 GMT
#349
DURRHURRDERP (12:58): yo
just to make sure
u max E on amumu 1st right
?
and Q 2nd?
Azingy (1:02): yea

gg
"I am an iconic role model for everyone aspiring to be better at League of Legends." - Roffles
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-04 21:19:03
November 04 2012 21:09 GMT
#350
On November 05 2012 06:03 DURRHURRDERP wrote:
DURRHURRDERP (12:58): yo
just to make sure
u max E on amumu 1st right
?
and Q 2nd?
Azingy (1:02): yea

gg

Well, then no known pro-player or top soloQ player maxes Q first, I'd say it's at the very least "completely unconfirmed to be good". And at the worst it is genuinely terrible.

I took your word for it that Azingy maxes Q guys, zzzz. Don't make me double check everything you say.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
November 05 2012 03:49 GMT
#351
i_love_bacon plz link to account
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
November 05 2012 04:02 GMT
#352
You can max either second or even do a mix. It's really situational which ends up being more useful, but the standard is E>W>Q.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
November 05 2012 04:08 GMT
#353
On November 05 2012 13:02 Craton wrote:
You can max either second or even do a mix. It's really situational which ends up being more useful, but the standard is E>W>Q.

No, it is not. Standard is E>Q>W for the cooldown reduction on Q.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
November 05 2012 05:19 GMT
#354
On November 05 2012 06:03 DURRHURRDERP wrote:
DURRHURRDERP (12:58): yo
just to make sure
u max E on amumu 1st right
?
and Q 2nd?
Azingy (1:02): yea

gg


This is surprising to me. I used to max E first, then I stopped doing it, opting for more aggression by maxing Q first and leaving E at rank 2. I actually feel going W E E Q Q R then R > Q > W > E is better.

Maybe it's just that my opponents are terrible.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-05 09:52:37
November 05 2012 09:51 GMT
#355
Wtf how are you guys even seriously debating writing a guide when you tell people stuff like "don't autoattack with mumu" and "level 2 gank is NEVER a good idea"

also afaik azingy's been evolving his amumu over time because i know i've seen him max q before
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23443 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-05 10:55:33
November 05 2012 10:51 GMT
#356
On November 05 2012 18:51 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Wtf how are you guys even seriously debating writing a guide when you tell people stuff like "don't autoattack with mumu" and "level 2 gank is NEVER a good idea"

also afaik azingy's been evolving his amumu over time because i know i've seen him max q before


I can't remember the last time I've seen a level 2 gank that wasn't part of some kind of invade and roam support/2v1 lane that ended up as a 3 man surprise gank. Everytime my jungle level 2 ganks when I'm top it just pisses me off because he wastes time and checks off one gank top in his head and puts me in a worse position than I was (top lane vs purple side sucks).

And I don't know what you're talking about with autoattacks but amumus passive is really good but if you dont have red buff auto attacks might let them get away out of range of your e sometimes just walking with them with w up and waiting for e and q is more damage.

You argument for why it's good seems to be "it snowballs top lane" when the whole problem is their jungler is coming with red buff and and extra level or two within 30 seconds or something and the chances of getting a kill with level 2 gank are so low as it is while the chances of getting a kill with red buff on a pushed lane are very high I can't even see the argument.

If you're talking about a level 2 gank with say. maokai with W and Q and something high damage top like udyr vs a champion like singed who starts ghost and is hard to gank later, sure but the average top laner with mumu? Hell if you don't land Q you can't even do anything.

Level 3 and 4 ganks with red buff risk so much less and greatly increase the chance of a kill if you land Q (at the very least a flash) without leaving your lane stranded without wards vs a jungler nearby for the next 4 minutes or something. Heck even doing red buff without w is a bitch let alone when their jungler knows exactly where you were and that you leveled q meaning he either tries to kill you are your red or counter camps top lane neither of which you can do a whole lot about. (depends on your team and warding for the red buff thing)
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-05 11:17:17
November 05 2012 11:16 GMT
#357
Amumu bandage toss travels at exactly the same speed as lee sin q so wtf is the argument there? You can gank from behind without pushing a wave or taking xp by just walking up to hit them with auto/e then q when it's point blank and you can't miss. Doing this also zones them off of the creeps, and if you time it right you'll actually deny them xp.

I'm just saying that maybe it's a worthwhile tactic sometimes. My Amumu win rate is 65% in solo queue and he's my second most-played champ. Although I don't think this makes me better than anyone else at Amumu or that it makes me right, it gives me a little face validity here on an arbitrary metric. In general, your strategy as Amumu is to farm and camp the solo lanes until 6 then go bot lane on ult CDs to gank and take dragons. Being able to gank top lane at 2 without significantly pushing the wave or taking xp is a huge addition to your arsenal that you'd be stupid to limit yourself from doing on a theorycrafted basis of "it sounds bad."
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
November 05 2012 11:22 GMT
#358
On November 05 2012 19:51 Slayer91 wrote:
I can't remember the last time I've seen a level 2 gank that wasn't part of some kind of invade and roam support/2v1 lane that ended up as a 3 man surprise gank. Everytime my jungle level 2 ganks when I'm top it just pisses me off because he wastes time and checks off one gank top in his head and puts me in a worse position than I was (top lane vs purple side sucks).

I don't really think "people at my skill level are shitty and piss me off" is a good argument against my point.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-05 12:17:42
November 05 2012 12:17 GMT
#359
The difference between Amumu lvl 2 gank and Lee Sin lvl 2 gank is that Lee Sin ganks top lane from Purple side and has Red buff and more damage. Still, I haven't seen Red-Top in a tournament game in ages iirc. Usually when you do that you laneswap and give your blue to sololaner so yeah, that's a bit different situation.
I am sorry if this is insulting, but it sounds like haven't read the vast amount of problems this gank has that I listed here:
On November 05 2012 02:19 Scip wrote:
Firstly, if you don't achieve much, you lose about 40 seconds of blue buff, farm and presence around middle lane. Secondly, if it does mildly succeed (wasted flash+a lot of damage done) the lane is guaranteed to push and is therefore countered by the BY FAR most common purple jungle path which is wolves-blue-red and it is also countered by Wraiths-Red-Top from purple side, because of the extreme weakness of Amumu in early levels. Thirdly, it is also mildly countered by Wraiths-Red-Blue from purple side, because they are then able to take away your red buff or create an advantageous fight for them (4v3). And fourthly, it has a very small chance to succeed, no matter the top lane matchup.

Or at the very least, you haven't bothered to explain why these above mentioned problems aren't as problematic as they seem at first (which is very) nor have you outlined circumstances where it is indeed a good idea to do (saying it's a good idea "sometimes", but not explaining when "sometimes" is).
Anyway I am writing the guide atm I'll post it here when it's finished for grammar check. sounds cool?
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23443 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-05 12:53:26
November 05 2012 12:51 GMT
#360
On November 05 2012 20:22 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2012 19:51 Slayer91 wrote:
I can't remember the last time I've seen a level 2 gank that wasn't part of some kind of invade and roam support/2v1 lane that ended up as a 3 man surprise gank. Everytime my jungle level 2 ganks when I'm top it just pisses me off because he wastes time and checks off one gank top in his head and puts me in a worse position than I was (top lane vs purple side sucks).

I don't really think "people at my skill level are shitty and piss me off" is a good argument against my point.


I'm talking tournaments, you think people lane swap in solo queue lol
Lee sins don't level 2 blue gank either, they start red and level 3 gank/countergank top. They also tend to W and E before trying to land Q, since trying to land skillshots that will make/break your gank is a messy business.

Even denying him last hits will cause the lane to push, which means your laner will likely be denied when you leave.
Just feels like the cons outweigh the benefits massively.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
NeuroSwarm 146
FoxeR 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1030
Leta 616
Bale 83
League of Legends
Doublelift4156
Other Games
summit1g8289
JimRising 536
ViBE190
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV202
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• Light_VIP 12
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1086
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 48m
Patches Events
12h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 48m
OSC
20h 48m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.