• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:01
CEST 02:01
KST 09:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10887 users

[Champion] Rammus - Page 20

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 Next All
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
July 24 2013 04:14 GMT
#381
On July 24 2013 12:46 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
I'll rewatch the replay if I can get it to work, in less rage-induced hindsight I probably just shit the bed.

Is Locket still best first big purchase? (after boots+ss)

I prefer Bulwark.
twitch.tv/cratonz
dogmatix
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia339 Posts
July 24 2013 09:44 GMT
#382
I prefer homegaurd tabi (w teleport) :D
icemanzdoinwork
Profile Joined August 2010
447 Posts
July 28 2013 03:42 GMT
#383
On July 24 2013 13:05 Atrioc wrote:
i've been playing a lot of rammus whenever I have to jungle lately and i've found the korean style to be the most fun

basically you rush madreds razor + boots of mobility with homeguard + crystalline flask and you gank like a madman possessed anytime you have red buff or there is an easy lane to gank.

With Rammus Q + boots of mobility with homeguard, you get from fountain to the action of any lane so fast its crazy and you are one of the few junglers that can reliably gank bot over and over again. The flask is not 100% necessary but it lets me stay in the field longer and clear a few camps without having to back.

Rush sunfire as your first major item (Rammus loves HP and its the only thing that helps him clear camps/waves)


This is how I have been playing ram as well. I went from gold 3 to plat 3 with this in 2 weeks. I never got a flask.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
December 05 2013 20:46 GMT
#384
I'm really trying to learn Rammus as I enjoy playing him, but I can't figure out how to build him. I am currently going machete into spirit stone and boots, into mobos/'golem/sunfire. However, if the game doesn't go that well I fall behind as I clear like balls. Any tips? I think that going madreds/tabis would be a big help, and then going straight into sunfire.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23436 Posts
December 05 2013 20:51 GMT
#385
personally I go madreds/spirit sotne into tabi+golem into sunfire/randuins or something
dunno how scip avoids slow clears
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
December 06 2013 13:59 GMT
#386
Is it really worth it goldwise to go madred+stone, even considering his passive? I mean I know it accelerates his farming, but since it's slow to begin with does it accelerate it enough? I'd be under the assumption that in the midgame Rammus is to abuse his ult's cd and the fact that it works on tower to convert as many successful (eg. at least a recall) ganks as possible into tower/drake kills.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23436 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-06 14:02:48
December 06 2013 14:02 GMT
#387
he still doesn't push towers much faster than junglers with any kind of AD build or steriosd and is awful at dragon.
if you can successfully gank how efficient your conversion is isn't hugely important.
you can use the short ult cd to farm buff camps faster hue
Madreds is 400 gold worth of armour so you need to make only 300 gold worth of farm to make it already worth it (considering the XP bonus, you probably need much less).
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
December 06 2013 14:08 GMT
#388
Which bonus xp are you talking about? The fact that you level-up faster from clearing faster, and the base stats it brings you?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23436 Posts
December 06 2013 14:09 GMT
#389
yes
even 1 level is worth 100's of gold if you count in skill ranks
General_Winter
Profile Joined February 2011
United States719 Posts
February 25 2015 20:21 GMT
#390
bumping because, old or not, this is the official Rammus thread.
In patch 5.4: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/02/patch-54-notes.html
they changed jungle so it costs an extra 225 gold to side-grade jungle items and nerf the range of chilling smite.
Previously, I had used the Trail blazer as my jungle item while farming for the better jungle smite and then, switched to stalker’s blade before getting juggernaut as my first big item.
Do people have a sense of if this still makes sense, or is it better to start with stalkers now and stay with it, or maybe just never shift to stalker…
My first thought is that 225 is almost the cost of boots, so side-grading means leaving boots for later which is a big pain. Also, I think stalkers is a big part of Rammus’s ability to gank, since he has no quick jumps or gap closers other than Powerball (which you use to initiate the gank, and so don’t have up to chase with). So my thought is that it just means we need to start with stalkers and stick with it, which is going to hurt his already weak jungle clear (ARG Riot why do you hate jungle diversity so much!).
Does your analysis match my own or is there something I’m missing that I should consider?
M2
Profile Joined December 2002
Bulgaria4179 Posts
February 25 2015 20:55 GMT
#391
On February 26 2015 05:21 General_Winter wrote:
bumping because, old or not, this is the official Rammus thread.
In patch 5.4: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/02/patch-54-notes.html
they changed jungle so it costs an extra 225 gold to side-grade jungle items and nerf the range of chilling smite.
Previously, I had used the Trail blazer as my jungle item while farming for the better jungle smite and then, switched to stalker’s blade before getting juggernaut as my first big item.
Do people have a sense of if this still makes sense, or is it better to start with stalkers now and stay with it, or maybe just never shift to stalker…
My first thought is that 225 is almost the cost of boots, so side-grading means leaving boots for later which is a big pain. Also, I think stalkers is a big part of Rammus’s ability to gank, since he has no quick jumps or gap closers other than Powerball (which you use to initiate the gank, and so don’t have up to chase with). So my thought is that it just means we need to start with stalkers and stick with it, which is going to hurt his already weak jungle clear (ARG Riot why do you hate jungle diversity so much!).
Does your analysis match my own or is there something I’m missing that I should consider?

I think you are quite right. My opinion is that you have to decide purple or blue depending on team compositions, meaning whats the probability of your early ganks to work? If you feel that odds are on your side go for the blue smite, if not go for purple. switching them is not worth for rammus imo
Knife kitty, night kitty, put you on a slab. Stealthy kitty, hunter kitty, stab stab stab :-)
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
February 25 2015 22:57 GMT
#392
I don't think switching is worth for anyone pretty much ever
the main thing about Stalker's is chasing down people in the mid and lategame, it's actually rather difficult to get into taunt range without it in a lot of scenarios. I think just always going Stalkers is fine, you just gotta buy a few more HP pots.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
101toss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
3232 Posts
February 26 2015 03:31 GMT
#393
Rammus has been a fucking terrible jungler since the jungle overhaul in 4.20(?). His clear is terrible, his sustain is terrible, and it doesn't help his q got nerfed. Add in the recent item nerfs and he's nearly unplayable in the jungle.

He's best played as a support with relic shield->targon's->sunfire->situational items here. He doesn't need much gold to be useful/tanky. His kit is good for a support but terrible for actual jungling.
Math doesn't kill champions and neither do wards
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-26 07:45:14
February 26 2015 07:31 GMT
#394
nah, it's alright
alright, Rammus crash course

Runes: AtkSpe Reds, Armor Yellows, CDR Blues, Armor Quints
Masteries: 9/21/0
Level WQWE R>E>W>Q
Start Gromp and clear 5 camps (you can start Golems and clear 5 camps too but it's slower), base, clear 1 more camp, then you get lvl4 and you can gank (or not, just farming more is acceptable). Don't forget to buy HP pots, you need 'em.

Standard build build Stalker's -> Boots1 -> Sunfire -> conditional:
If they have only AD, Ninja Tabi -> Randuins -> Thornmail, then maybe Juggernaut, Warmogs, Frozen Heart.
If they have decent amount of both AP and AD, Locket -> Ninja Tabi -> Randuins, then stuff like Juggernaut, Warmogs, Spirit Visage

I've been experimenting with going Devourer and skipping Sunfire and so far it's always worked out really well but it might just be because everyone I've played against has been trash so far.

also, patch 4.20 KEK
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
February 26 2015 13:23 GMT
#395
Why Spirit Visage over Banshee? For the CDR?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-26 13:29:48
February 26 2015 13:29 GMT
#396
Yeah, I find the Banshees shield is pretty worthless on Rammus compared to going from 30%->40% CDR
It's a shame Mres items suck, I've experimented with Wit's End as last item but I don't think I'd reccomend it yet lol
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
101toss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
3232 Posts
February 26 2015 13:35 GMT
#397
Abyssal is worth considering with sunfire and his fiddle-damage ult
Math doesn't kill champions and neither do wards
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-26 13:39:28
February 26 2015 13:39 GMT
#398
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
General_Winter
Profile Joined February 2011
United States719 Posts
February 26 2015 14:43 GMT
#399
@Scip: what's the reasoning for leaving juggernaut till late or at least after sunfire and then randuis / locket? Juggernaut is pretty gold efficient ant the tenacity is good too.

I'd thought about Wit's end as well. Since W, R, and Thorn-mail all do magic damage, the resistance shredding might be pretty good. Haven't actually done the math to see if it really works out yet though.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
February 26 2015 15:00 GMT
#400
While Juggernaut does make you more powerful for the period you'd only have giant's belt+cloth armor up until you finish Sunfire, I find that getting the Sunfire quickly in order to enhance your farming speed and ability to push, and also very significantly increase your fighting strength - at that point in the game neither CDR nor tenacity are that important - is worth the temporary sacrifice of delaying Juggernaut.
After Sunfire, I usually get Locket before Juggernaut simply because at that point in the game, you are much more likely to have issues with your teammates dying early, rather than you yourself dying early, and Locket is the best way to help that problem.
With how much hp you get from Locket and Sunfire I think that Ninja Tabi are the most efficient tank items afterwards.
After that, I usually get Randuins before Juggernaut because I find the slow rather useful, but if I don't expect it to be of much use then getting Juggernaut before Randuins is fine.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft209
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft209
ViBE150
CosmosSc2 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1262
Shuttle 580
Artosis 580
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever716
Counter-Strike
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox380
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5322
Other Games
summit1g7977
JimRising 596
shahzam584
C9.Mang0265
Maynarde93
ArmadaUGS70
Trikslyr51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick841
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 131
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen143
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 59m
Stellar Fest
12h 59m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.