• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:40
CEST 17:40
KST 00:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9404 users

Community Feedback Update - October 29 - Page 5

Forum Index > Legacy of the Void
123 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
fenix404
Profile Joined May 2011
United States305 Posts
October 30 2015 18:15 GMT
#81
On October 30 2015 21:37 GodZo wrote:
The Dark Archon?


the shield battery

the scourge

the science vessel

they gave valkyrie

they gave lurker

disruptor became weird reaver...

all are in the campaign though...
"think for yourself, question authority"
ProMeTheus112
Profile Joined December 2009
France2027 Posts
October 30 2015 18:17 GMT
#82
On October 31 2015 03:12 KeksX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2015 02:32 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Is there anything incorrect what he has written? He basically wrote accurately hat blizzard has said with the PR bullshit taken out. If it sounds negative, well that's just your interpretation of the essence of the update.


Oh come on, don't play that game. If you follow those guys' posts, they're never satisfied with anything.

They are also assuming the worst at any point in time. And they're leaving out the past to establish their point. Blizzard >DID< change more things than just balance in the past. It wouldn't the first time and it certainly wasn't the last time when they did it with the Swarm Host.

I'm the first one to judge Blizzard for not being bold enough, but at this point many people on Teamliquid.net, especially newer posters, are just playing into the "ded gaem" narrative Destiny started with his post a few years ago.

EDIT: Took out the name since it's not just him.

Maybe also consider this : some people think this game is bad and is not getting good. So they voice it, or try to understand what's going on. They are not satisfied because they honestly don't like it. I'm one of them. I don't mind that you think differently. But you will not shut my/our voice, so deal with it
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-30 18:19:54
October 30 2015 18:17 GMT
#83
On October 31 2015 03:15 ProMeTheus112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2015 03:05 Blizzkrieg wrote:
Still wish they would've kept the starting workers at 6.

Yeah when I watch games with this 12 worker start, what really bothers me is that I think what I'm seeing is players basically blind expo + 2 gate + tech ? I see they nexus 2 gate cyber blind? If you definitely have to FE every time, it means it is no longer strategically relevant the time and the way that you expand the first time and when you choose to build these first buildings which is such an important part of opening a game leading to diversity of stuff happening early, and to different midgames. What was said is the reason why they put 12 worker starts, to speed up the early game?? Or to simplify openings???


To speed up the game.

I also fail to see how the FE-focused strategies are any different from HotS. There wasn't that much one base play in HotS and LotV ladder already has its fair share of 1 base openings as well, at least in ZvX matchups.

On October 31 2015 03:17 ProMeTheus112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2015 03:12 KeksX wrote:
On October 31 2015 02:32 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Is there anything incorrect what he has written? He basically wrote accurately hat blizzard has said with the PR bullshit taken out. If it sounds negative, well that's just your interpretation of the essence of the update.


Oh come on, don't play that game. If you follow those guys' posts, they're never satisfied with anything.

They are also assuming the worst at any point in time. And they're leaving out the past to establish their point. Blizzard >DID< change more things than just balance in the past. It wouldn't the first time and it certainly wasn't the last time when they did it with the Swarm Host.

I'm the first one to judge Blizzard for not being bold enough, but at this point many people on Teamliquid.net, especially newer posters, are just playing into the "ded gaem" narrative Destiny started with his post a few years ago.

EDIT: Took out the name since it's not just him.

Maybe also consider this : some people think this game is bad and is not getting good. So they voice it, or try to understand what's going on. They are not satisfied because they honestly don't like it. I'm one of them. I don't mind that you think differently. But you will not shut my/our voice, so deal with it



I'm not saying that it is bad. I just think there's a major difference between being disappointed by principle, making up points to support that and "just voicing your concerns".

I value every criticism and I hope that Blizzard reads most of it. But the post that was talked about here for example is plain wrong.
fenix404
Profile Joined May 2011
United States305 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-30 18:27:12
October 30 2015 18:25 GMT
#84
On October 31 2015 03:15 ProMeTheus112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2015 03:05 Blizzkrieg wrote:
Still wish they would've kept the starting workers at 6.

Yeah when I watch games with this 12 worker start, what really bothers me is that I think what I'm seeing is players basically blind expo + 2 gate + tech ? I see they nexus 2 gate cyber blind? If you definitely have to FE every time, it means it is no longer strategically relevant the time and the way that you expand the first time and when you choose to build these first buildings which is such an important part of opening a game leading to diversity of stuff happening early, and to different midgames. What was said is the reason why they put 12 worker starts, to speed up the early game?? Or to simplify openings???


this bothered me from the get go. sure cannon rush and six pool are done away with (not really tho), but so are more solid openers, and more importantly, CHOICE. when coupled with the resource reduction at each base, that makes it forced.
"think for yourself, question authority"
ProMeTheus112
Profile Joined December 2009
France2027 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-30 18:28:40
October 30 2015 18:27 GMT
#85
On October 31 2015 03:17 KeksX wrote:
I'm not saying that it is bad. I just think there's a major difference between being disappointed by principle, making up points to support that and "just voicing your concerns".

I value every criticism and I hope that Blizzard reads most of it. But the post that was talked about here for example is plain wrong.

Well BigJ's post, personally I feel exactly this way, it reminds me of Diablo 3 community managers serving as community pacifiers/appeasers instead of an actual communication bridge between the community and the company. One sided, giving an illusion of two sided. It is a bit different than with Diablo 3, but interesting common points. Some little points brought by community they seem to follow, for the rest it seems they have not much of an opinion or direction for the style of the game and races in a broader scale.

However, who knows, maybe you are right. Let's see what follows. Didn't Blizzard give the impression that much more interesting changes would be tested through this beta, or that LotV would be something that it is not ? Aren't they now again using lines to pacify the community and tell us to have faith in a future that will never be satisfying ? Personally I am 100% unimpressed, in fact I find the state of game now even less appealing than WoL I think. But I respect that you think different.
ProMeTheus112
Profile Joined December 2009
France2027 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-30 18:40:33
October 30 2015 18:38 GMT
#86
On October 31 2015 03:25 fenix404 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2015 03:15 ProMeTheus112 wrote:
On October 31 2015 03:05 Blizzkrieg wrote:
Still wish they would've kept the starting workers at 6.

Yeah when I watch games with this 12 worker start, what really bothers me is that I think what I'm seeing is players basically blind expo + 2 gate + tech ? I see they nexus 2 gate cyber blind? If you definitely have to FE every time, it means it is no longer strategically relevant the time and the way that you expand the first time and when you choose to build these first buildings which is such an important part of opening a game leading to diversity of stuff happening early, and to different midgames. What was said is the reason why they put 12 worker starts, to speed up the early game?? Or to simplify openings???


this bothered me from the get go. sure cannon rush and six pool are done away with (not really tho), but so are more solid openers, and more importantly, CHOICE. when coupled with the resource reduction at each base, that makes it forced.

Yeah and taking away choice that way is equal to reducing strategic depth. By a lot, since openings are strategically at the root of the rest of the game. Maybe, an easy way for the company to kill problems of design and balance of the early game that they could never quite nail down?
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-30 18:45:36
October 30 2015 18:43 GMT
#87
On October 31 2015 03:27 ProMeTheus112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2015 03:17 KeksX wrote:
I'm not saying that it is bad. I just think there's a major difference between being disappointed by principle, making up points to support that and "just voicing your concerns".

I value every criticism and I hope that Blizzard reads most of it. But the post that was talked about here for example is plain wrong.

Well BigJ's post, personally I feel exactly this way,


Feel what? What he said is wrong. This is not what the game is going to be. It wasn't in WoL Beta and it wasn't in HotS Beta. It will also not be the case this time.

On October 31 2015 03:38 ProMeTheus112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2015 03:25 fenix404 wrote:
On October 31 2015 03:15 ProMeTheus112 wrote:
On October 31 2015 03:05 Blizzkrieg wrote:
Still wish they would've kept the starting workers at 6.

Yeah when I watch games with this 12 worker start, what really bothers me is that I think what I'm seeing is players basically blind expo + 2 gate + tech ? I see they nexus 2 gate cyber blind? If you definitely have to FE every time, it means it is no longer strategically relevant the time and the way that you expand the first time and when you choose to build these first buildings which is such an important part of opening a game leading to diversity of stuff happening early, and to different midgames. What was said is the reason why they put 12 worker starts, to speed up the early game?? Or to simplify openings???


this bothered me from the get go. sure cannon rush and six pool are done away with (not really tho), but so are more solid openers, and more importantly, CHOICE. when coupled with the resource reduction at each base, that makes it forced.

Yeah and taking away choice that way is equal to reducing strategic depth. By a lot, since openings are strategically at the root of the rest of the game. Maybe, an easy way for the company to kill problems of design and balance of the early game that they could never quite nail down?


I'm not sure what you're getting at. Why are you saying that there are fewer openings? They just look different now.

Also, they're hardly the root of the rest of the game. Openings, for the most part, look the same in standard games. And only in those really edge cases where someone goes for a 1base timing push etc they really matter.
ProMeTheus112
Profile Joined December 2009
France2027 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-30 19:05:58
October 30 2015 18:58 GMT
#88
If you can blindly open nexus gate cyber, that means it is not a strategic choice to expand and get cyber tech. So the availability and timing of 2 base economy and of cyber tech is no longer strategically relevant because you always get it first the same way at start? What valid choices do you really have at start which are not all-ins? And, how well does it scale with the subsequent choices you make? If you always get a blind very fast Nexus first in a match up, you're always going to have plenty of gas from the start to get any tech on the way and good number of units. If you also have PO to defend, you are... just playing a safe game of picking your cards for midgame? Why even have an early game then???? Sped up, but without choice, is that a opening knowledge + speed check without choice then ? I don't know if I'm seeing this right, just questions, but that's why I feel I don't like this. Great impact on diversity of midgames if you don't introduce stuff in early game that define styles and ways to fight/threaten every choice your opponent makes. And not just all-ins, as then there are no midgames most of the time when the non-standard branch happens. That's what I like in.. Starcraft.
OSCEWiNtER
Profile Joined May 2015
Hungary20 Posts
October 30 2015 21:53 GMT
#89
Lurker timing isn't the problem. It's damage and health is.
My life for Aiur! My love for Starcraft
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
October 30 2015 23:49 GMT
#90
On October 31 2015 02:08 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2015 10:46 Big J wrote:
TLDR: Beta is over, that's what the game will be. Patches will come because the game won't be perfectly balanced right now. But balance issues aside nothing will change from now on.

You continue to post super negative front page posts. You're whole attitude is terrible, outlook on this op is wrong, and it's a shame you can't seem to change. DK did a solid job here of vocalizing acknowledgement of all the current issues mentioned on TL and has said they are reviewing them. You can't ask for anything more. This is very positive and should be regarded so.

The post in itself isn't negative. Of course I personally think that this interpretation I give is not good for the game, but I deliberately left out the part where I said I want more and bigger changes, so that anyone who wanted could respond with a "and that's good, LotV is great as it is".
The fact that you yourself interprete what I feel DK is saying as negative and the fact that many people in this community have been voicing that they'd rather have a long experimental beta instead of actually getting a grab on their next (potentially) favorite toy is what justifies my fear of nomore changes.

And let's not make this a question of who was right about the interpretation. What scares the crap out of me is how little they did after HotS came out besides balancing it. the first thing they gave up upon was their dedicated goal to make mech playable TvP. They weakened that stance again and again until they settled on "at least they can play widow mines now and don't always suicide their factories for scouting". Mech TvZ took them around one year to become playable. Swarm Hosts were only fixed due to tournament organizers not being able to schedule properly anymore and only after everyone had been training this style forever. Blink was left broken in TvP - though it seems like they learned from that one and seem to have the goal to not balance by pidgeonholing maps, but actually tackle unit problems. The comments before that were the same as nowadays though. Blizzard always tells us how they are ready to make big changes if necessary, so far it just never seemed necessary besides that one time after 2years of complaints with swarm hosts...
So if that is what the pace and philosophy of the patching is going to be - and again, the comments are oh-so-similar to HotS - then I feel like it's going to take a long, long time until actual diverse gameplay will be possible or until grave balance failures like the ultralisk are going to be adressed. If at all.
And yes I'm negative. I've been positive very often, I've defended blizzard, tried to interprete well-meanings in their content and patches, tried to be objective towards features I didn't like (e.g tank drops are great fun, e.g. liberators make a lot of sense in the relation to new ultralisks and in heneral zerg techswitches between ultras/mutas, e.g. ling/bling ZvZ being mechanical intense), but it has gotten tiresome. At some point I would just like to play a game of which I knew it offered what I expect. Now, not in 2years after the metagame has settled where they maybe acknowledge that every ZvT is mutas because of medivacs.
NyxNax
Profile Joined March 2014
United States227 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-31 00:14:29
October 31 2015 00:12 GMT
#91
Never have I seen Blizzard flat out say we got a flawed game were going to balance after release.

and then this...
a. We do plan on testing potential issues a bit more aggressively in LotV. The reason for this is to be more quick to react on solutions once something is determined to be an issues.


I really want to write constructive criticism, but the majority of the bullet points before this quote are about how they're too cautious to make any changes for being unsure if they're actually a problem, which I dont know how many times I've heard "many times in the past we've been too quick to nerf things only realize they werent needed".

I love SC, I'm not giving up on it yet and I've committed to buying the game. I suppose we'll just have to see how it goes from here on out...
skatbone
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1005 Posts
October 31 2015 01:09 GMT
#92
I'm not the first to post this but I will reiterate: an easy comparison of Blizzard's response post-WoL and HoTS release to post LotV release is disingenuous. Blizzard will likely respond to LotV differently as the multiplayer experience is all the game has left. In the absence of a future expansion, I expect more consistent and sensitive attention.

Why do we expect that they will sit idly and watch another BL-Infestor, or Swarmhost meta to dominate?

Doubters argue that Blizzard's past behavior is evidence of their future behavior.

I am not convinced by this line of argumentation. I am naively optimistic enough to entertain the notion that up until now, the balance team has always had their hands tied, in part, by the inevitability of a future expansion. Now that they are free of that inevitability (the constant specter of another team working on future units and future changes), they have LotV and only LotV to commit to.
Mercurial#1193
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
October 31 2015 08:11 GMT
#93
On October 31 2015 09:12 NyxNax wrote:
Never have I seen Blizzard flat out say we got a flawed game were going to balance after release.

and then this...
Show nested quote +
a. We do plan on testing potential issues a bit more aggressively in LotV. The reason for this is to be more quick to react on solutions once something is determined to be an issues.


I really want to write constructive criticism, but the majority of the bullet points before this quote are about how they're too cautious to make any changes for being unsure if they're actually a problem, which I dont know how many times I've heard "many times in the past we've been too quick to nerf things only realize they werent needed".

I love SC, I'm not giving up on it yet and I've committed to buying the game. I suppose we'll just have to see how it goes from here on out...


It's a sad truth that the only reason I will buy lotv is because the hots community is going to deprecate itself very quickly. Adding a few units and halving a couple mineral patches is not exactly what was going to fix starcraft but they seem to be content with it.
The Show of a Lifetime
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-31 09:38:49
October 31 2015 09:35 GMT
#94
On October 31 2015 01:27 KeksX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2015 01:22 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On October 31 2015 00:31 Spyridon wrote:
On October 31 2015 00:04 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On October 30 2015 23:56 KeksX wrote:
The same reason they thought invincible anything was good, The_Red_Viper

Because it is cool?
Nah i think Disruptors being invincible made kinda sense for their design.
But nydus worms? The nydus worm in general is in a really weird spot to begin with if you ask me. In reality it only is used to allin your opponent, i don't think this is a good sign. In reality sc2 would probably be better if they just removed it (or completely redesigned it, for another purpose) and just buffed drops accordingly.


They just need to remove the ability to heal nydus, at least spam heals, and nydus will be perfectly balanced.

That's the only thing stopping the counter play, invincibility has nothing to do with it.

Yeah you completely missed the point.
IDC about nydus balance, as i said before i am sure you can stop it atm even with queen healing.
The problem is the nydus design from the get go, it's an allin mechanic, nothing more (before they made it invincible it simply wasn't worth it in 99% of the cases)
Not that interesting of a unit/structure if the sole purpose is to allin the enemy.


There are so many interesting things you could do with the Nydus worm. Just three on top of my head:

1) New tool to spread creep (in line, bigger radius)

2) Mass burrow units( units go into nydus -> burrowed, have fixed speed, can move all over creep)

3) Production facility -> produces larvae/can be injected(same as teleport, just slower)

But the time of experimenting with the nydus didn't even come in beta :/


1. Not interesting - try convince players to comeback from LOL/CS because you now have a new tool to spread creep.

2. Don't get your point.

3. New more semi-complicated macrotools is not the way to go.

What could be interesting is if it allowed you play new more aggressive playstyles without being an all-in or lose mechanic.
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-31 12:52:57
October 31 2015 12:36 GMT
#95
On October 31 2015 18:35 Hider wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2015 01:27 KeksX wrote:
On October 31 2015 01:22 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On October 31 2015 00:31 Spyridon wrote:
On October 31 2015 00:04 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On October 30 2015 23:56 KeksX wrote:
The same reason they thought invincible anything was good, The_Red_Viper

Because it is cool?
Nah i think Disruptors being invincible made kinda sense for their design.
But nydus worms? The nydus worm in general is in a really weird spot to begin with if you ask me. In reality it only is used to allin your opponent, i don't think this is a good sign. In reality sc2 would probably be better if they just removed it (or completely redesigned it, for another purpose) and just buffed drops accordingly.


They just need to remove the ability to heal nydus, at least spam heals, and nydus will be perfectly balanced.

That's the only thing stopping the counter play, invincibility has nothing to do with it.

Yeah you completely missed the point.
IDC about nydus balance, as i said before i am sure you can stop it atm even with queen healing.
The problem is the nydus design from the get go, it's an allin mechanic, nothing more (before they made it invincible it simply wasn't worth it in 99% of the cases)
Not that interesting of a unit/structure if the sole purpose is to allin the enemy.


There are so many interesting things you could do with the Nydus worm. Just three on top of my head:

1) New tool to spread creep (in line, bigger radius)

2) Mass burrow units( units go into nydus -> burrowed, have fixed speed, can move all over creep)

3) Production facility -> produces larvae/can be injected(same as teleport, just slower)

But the time of experimenting with the nydus didn't even come in beta :/


1. Not interesting - try convince players to comeback from LOL/CS because you now have a new tool to spread creep.

2. Don't get your point.

3. New more semi-complicated macrotools is not the way to go.

What could be interesting is if it allowed you play new more aggressive playstyles without being an all-in or lose mechanic.



The point is not that these things are the ultimate solution to bring players over from LOL/CS, but it is more interesting to try out than what Nydus is used for right now.

nottapro
Profile Joined August 2012
202 Posts
October 31 2015 14:45 GMT
#96
i bought the game, archon mode is fun wish they had it in HOTS. I know blizzard says it's all going great, and that's cool, I think they are awesome guys and I wish them the best, LOTV is just too convoluted for me
Valyrian
Profile Joined August 2015
41 Posts
October 31 2015 16:44 GMT
#97
On October 31 2015 18:35 Hider wrote:
1. Not interesting - try convince players to comeback from LOL/CS because you now have a new tool to spread creep.

I'm not invested in this discussion, but what a ridiculous standard to set for any design question in LotV. You can basically shoot anything down with this argument. "Getting players back" shouldn't even be the primary concern. Designing a good game comes first, and that's not the same thing.
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-31 19:06:51
October 31 2015 19:06 GMT
#98
On November 01 2015 01:44 Valyrian wrote:
"Getting players back" shouldn't even be the primary concern. Designing a good game comes first, and that's not the same thing.


It really is. A good game that nobody plays is not a good game, is it? It's just a game that you personally like.

Let me explain it this way: a game being good means that the majority of people like it. Which means they play it.
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-31 19:11:34
October 31 2015 19:10 GMT
#99
On November 01 2015 04:06 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2015 01:44 Valyrian wrote:
"Getting players back" shouldn't even be the primary concern. Designing a good game comes first, and that's not the same thing.


It really is. A good game that nobody plays is not a good game, is it? It's just a game that you personally like.

Let me explain it this way: a game being good means that the majority of people like it. Which means they play it.


Would be great if it was that easy, right? Make a good game and people will play it for sure.

Sadly, thats not how it works in todays times. So many more factors play into this, many out of developers' control.
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
October 31 2015 19:20 GMT
#100
On November 01 2015 04:10 KeksX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2015 04:06 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
On November 01 2015 01:44 Valyrian wrote:
"Getting players back" shouldn't even be the primary concern. Designing a good game comes first, and that's not the same thing.


It really is. A good game that nobody plays is not a good game, is it? It's just a game that you personally like.

Let me explain it this way: a game being good means that the majority of people like it. Which means they play it.


Would be great if it was that easy, right? Make a good game and people will play it for sure.

Sadly, thats not how it works in todays times. So many more factors play into this, many out of developers' control.


That's true for indies but for Blizzard? What are you talking about? They have everything they could ask for in advantages. Can you give an example?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 680
ComeBackTV 424
SteadfastSC414
Rex120
EnkiAlexander 53
CosmosSc2 50
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 414
ProTech139
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 50
UpATreeSC 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42050
Jaedong 1116
Hyuk 1066
Soma 950
Mini 631
Horang2 579
EffOrt 536
BeSt 475
Larva 410
Soulkey 334
[ Show more ]
ZerO 300
Stork 224
Snow 220
Last 219
ggaemo 215
Rush 214
hero 80
Mind 70
Liquid`Ret 45
Sharp 41
Shinee 36
Free 35
Killer 35
Shine 29
Terrorterran 24
ToSsGirL 22
sorry 20
HiyA 19
Trap 18
Rock 16
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7348
qojqva1734
Dendi873
Counter-Strike
Fnx 806
x6flipin778
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2436
Khaldor1897
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2827
singsing2055
B2W.Neo933
hiko844
byalli449
Liquid`VortiX152
KnowMe120
QueenE86
Mew2King57
Trikslyr27
Railgan19
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 18
• mYiSmile118
• Adnapsc2 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 20
• FirePhoenix5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2706
League of Legends
• Nemesis2026
• Jankos1090
• TFBlade679
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 20m
OSC
21h 20m
Stellar Fest
21h 20m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.