• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:49
CEST 05:49
KST 12:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8065 users

LotV Patch 2.5.3 + Update Preview - July 13 - Page 11

Forum Index > Legacy of the Void
220 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next All
TedCruz2016
Profile Joined November 2014
Hong Kong271 Posts
July 15 2015 09:08 GMT
#201
On July 15 2015 17:56 Sapphire.lux wrote:
I dislike the direction the Liberator is taking. There is already the Banshee and BC as air to ground. To much overlapping now, like with the Factory and Cyclone-Tank-Thor. If Terran needs a stronger long range siege weapon, buff the Tank. This is not C&C where you have 10 units that do the same thing is slightly different ways, it Starcraft FFS


Isn't the tank buffed already? You can now have it perfectly blended in the bioball play.
Make DC listen!
IceBerrY
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany220 Posts
July 15 2015 09:16 GMT
#202
On July 15 2015 12:02 vesicular wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2015 17:04 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Okay, after trying the ladder out for myself, I have come to the conclusion that if this is the economy model they go with, I will not be buying LotV. It is WAY TOO FAST. All it does it punish players who aren't high level, and makes the game more stressful to play. I this it does increase the skill ceiling, but it also raises the skill floor significantly to the point where a HotS Plat player like me can barely keep up with LotV at all.


I said this before in prior beta threads. The new economy will kill Gold league and below, for the reasons you've stated. Low level players will not want to play this quickly. Since the majority of players are at the bottom, I'm worried the game will become too niche (ie, hardcore).


I do not understand this statement. If the game is harder for everybody, (and it is), then it simply means
that you AND the opponent will struggle. You seem to forget that everybody has to deal with the higher skill ceiling, that implies bronze will stay bronze as will diamond stay diamond. I actually really disliked the fact that
the first 5 minutes of the game were such a waste of times if you don´t to proxy shit, and thats why i enjoy much more
the LotV version. Not saying the current state is optimal, just much better for me personally as a player and
even more as a viewer. Of course everbody has a different opinion and that is why we are discussing.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-15 12:29:41
July 15 2015 09:43 GMT
#203
On July 15 2015 18:16 IceBerrY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2015 12:02 vesicular wrote:
On July 14 2015 17:04 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Okay, after trying the ladder out for myself, I have come to the conclusion that if this is the economy model they go with, I will not be buying LotV. It is WAY TOO FAST. All it does it punish players who aren't high level, and makes the game more stressful to play. I this it does increase the skill ceiling, but it also raises the skill floor significantly to the point where a HotS Plat player like me can barely keep up with LotV at all.


I said this before in prior beta threads. The new economy will kill Gold league and below, for the reasons you've stated. Low level players will not want to play this quickly. Since the majority of players are at the bottom, I'm worried the game will become too niche (ie, hardcore).


I do not understand this statement. If the game is harder for everybody, (and it is), then it simply means
that you AND the opponent will struggle. You seem to forget that everybody has to deal with the higher skill ceiling, that implies bronze will stay bronze as will diamond stay diamond. I actually really disliked the fact that
the first 5 minutes of the game were such a waste of times if you don´t to proxy shit, and thats why i enjoy much more
the LotV version. Not saying the current state is optimal, just much better for me personally as a player and
even more as a viewer. Of course everbody has a different opinion and that is why we are discussing.

The thing with the "it's harder for everyone" line of thought is that this is plainly from a competitive point of view. But that doesnt make it more enjoyable or justifies playing starcraft. People are rather noobs in LoL than noobs in starcraft, because starcraft is too hard for noobs to feel like "playing". (and other reasons of course too)
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-15 16:03:57
July 15 2015 15:51 GMT
#204
OK I gave the game a chance and actually very few things should be required for the game to be playable as P.

1) Remove one of the range or damage nerf on the colossus. You can't rely on disruptors and storms solely against T.
2) Nerf adepts so that they don't dominate every mu early game (PvP and PvZ lol). They can stay as they are lategame.
3) Nerf lurkers (may not be needed if 1 is range).

I have no idea about design but the game would be playable with those slight tweaks.

I guess Z drops should be lair tech but maybe this is fine, I dunno. I would definitely make sieged tanks loadable but they would lose siege when dropped too, but that doesn't affect P too much I'd say.

Does anyone else feel mines trigger much easier than before with the indicator ? By the way I'm overwhelmed by all the indicators (mines, cyclones, tempests...) they should really make it customizable IMO.
Captain Peabody
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3136 Posts
July 15 2015 16:29 GMT
#205
On July 15 2015 17:34 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2015 12:31 BisuDagger wrote:
On July 15 2015 12:02 vesicular wrote:
On July 14 2015 17:04 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Okay, after trying the ladder out for myself, I have come to the conclusion that if this is the economy model they go with, I will not be buying LotV. It is WAY TOO FAST. All it does it punish players who aren't high level, and makes the game more stressful to play. I this it does increase the skill ceiling, but it also raises the skill floor significantly to the point where a HotS Plat player like me can barely keep up with LotV at all.


I said this before in prior beta threads. The new economy will kill Gold league and below, for the reasons you've stated. Low level players will not want to play this quickly. Since the majority of players are at the bottom, I'm worried the game will become too niche (ie, hardcore).

Why speak for gold level players? It is all speculation. I'd like to see vanilla and low teir players get their hands on the beta and truly see how they respond. It's kind of hard to say this will punish low level players when their opponent is also low level and has the same disadvantages. We have no data to make the assumptions in either direction.


I am platinum in HotS and consider myself pretty bad, yet I enjoy LotV. At the current state I enjoy LotV even more than HoTS, because it lacks what irritates me in HotS the most - highly refined all-ins. On one hand yes, this is going to change with time as people get better at this, on the other hand the 12-worker start makes it seem a little bit harder to do. If something is really unfriendly to casual players, it is these refined attacks that require a precise response, else you are dead.

Also, after getting back to HotS for a while, I noticed that a really big difference for me is the Lurker. In HotS there is not really unit "go-to" unit that I could get no matter what and have a good time with, I really need to watch the enemy vigorously and think about the right composition, everything has strong weaknesses. Not the Lurker, it just shreds everything on the ground beynd belief - that's probably a bad thing competitively, but for casual play, it really makes things so much easier to have this "if you don't know what to do, build some Lurkers".

The economy is not that different, really. If you suck at macro in HotS, you suck at LotV - in both games you get equally sucky oponents, so there is not that much difference. On the other hand, in LotV there is actually a bigger room to do better in macro and expanding and thus you have more space to defeat your oponent just by macroing better and amoving the units in their general direciton, which is much easier in my opinion that vigorously microing armies to get that small edge.


I am Gold league, and while I haven't gotten to play very much, I have definitely enjoyed LotV 1v1 waaaay more than HotS so far. I stopped playing 1v1 in HotS quite a while ago (because I suck), but LotV might just get me back into it. The big things for me are (1) the adept makes playing Protoss early game 100% more fun and far less stressful, (2) the econ changes seems to create more small-scale action out on the map, whether I win or lose, which is more fun for people who suck than the experience of slowly building up an army that's not quite good enough and then gets crushed completely in one engagement, ending the game. Having to expand a little earlier isn't a big deal for me, especially since at the level I play expansions don't seem to be as seriously contested as they are at higher levels. I guess if I were a turtle player who liked massing up BCs on two bases, then I might be more unhappy. But I dunno, even that is still possible, it's just a heck of a lot weaker.

Of course, some of this may have to do with people on the beta just being worse. But still, as a Gold leaguer, I'm happy so far.
Dies Irae venit. youtube.com/SnobbinsFilms
Lexender
Profile Joined September 2013
Mexico2663 Posts
July 15 2015 16:54 GMT
#206
I really dislike the current state of mech right now.

With split upgrades and the tanks still being shit mass cyclone/hellion is the only really good strat, the only use for the rest of the mech army is to stay alive unitl you have the economy and upgrades for mass cyclone.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-15 17:42:29
July 15 2015 17:41 GMT
#207
On July 16 2015 01:54 Lexender wrote:
I really dislike the current state of mech right now.

With split upgrades and the tanks still being shit mass cyclone/hellion is the only really good strat, the only use for the rest of the mech army is to stay alive unitl you have the economy and upgrades for mass cyclone.

Doesn't tank dropping still work? I saw Pomi use it on his stream once, absolutely massacred his opponent with it.

Have there been any concrete beta builds for T/Z yet? I might switch from Protoss to Random in the beta.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
hyperion2
Profile Joined April 2015
2 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-15 17:46:04
July 15 2015 17:45 GMT
#208
I really, really dislike how people complain about everything in this thread, I harrased a guy yesterday with adepts while expanding on the back so I Could afford a disruptor and practically won the game with the disruptor, this guy was standing there like a moron with his army like he would do on HOTS and obviusly he blamed on the OPNESS of the disruptor instead of being just standing in the map without movement, its like standing on tank radius why would you do that?, or fighting a tank push on your shoke with stalkers the game is fine, but some people want to produce just marines and win, and if they dont fill the forums, with shit FFS learn the game
A.Alm
Profile Joined September 2012
Sweden559 Posts
July 15 2015 23:11 GMT
#209
On July 15 2015 17:56 Sapphire.lux wrote:
I dislike the direction the Liberator is taking. There is already the Banshee and BC as air to ground. To much overlapping now, like with the Factory and Cyclone-Tank-Thor. If Terran needs a stronger long range siege weapon, buff the Tank. This is not C&C where you have 10 units that do the same thing is slightly different ways, it Starcraft FFS



well said
starslayer
Profile Joined August 2011
United States696 Posts
July 16 2015 00:38 GMT
#210
I thought they said they would combined the mech armor upgrades or was the just what there thinking about? also is it just me or should the liberator need a tech lab idk if its that good yet havent played enough games to know but being about to reactor them out is kinda silly for an anti air and ground unit. its not OP at least from the games ive played but idk if its ok without tech lab will play more and see. last NO more LAG for me atleast not every game I can finally play and ive had beta for a while.
i came here to kickass and chew bubblegum and i'm all out of bubble gum
Parcelleus
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia1662 Posts
July 16 2015 01:06 GMT
#211
Dear Blizzard,

The lag with LOTV beta is alot worse than HOTS connecting from Australia to US servers. If you could match the network performance (lag) of HOTS for LOTV beta I would actually play the beta.

Thanks for listening.
*burp*
starslayer
Profile Joined August 2011
United States696 Posts
July 16 2015 01:19 GMT
#212
anyone else really annoyed that you have to keep selecting ranked after each game?
i came here to kickass and chew bubblegum and i'm all out of bubble gum
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
July 16 2015 02:22 GMT
#213
We have ranked archon mode as welll? :D:D:D:D:D
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
July 16 2015 02:54 GMT
#214
Does anyone else feel like the reaper grenade ability really looks out of place ? The units jumping all over the place taking only very small damage seems so... strange.
Zode
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada297 Posts
July 16 2015 03:33 GMT
#215
On July 16 2015 10:19 starslayer wrote:
anyone else really annoyed that you have to keep selecting ranked after each game?

Oh god this, Beat this GM twice, look and I was unranked for like 3 games, fuck.
TedCruz2016
Profile Joined November 2014
Hong Kong271 Posts
July 16 2015 06:21 GMT
#216
On July 16 2015 11:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Does anyone else feel like the reaper grenade ability really looks out of place ? The units jumping all over the place taking only very small damage seems so... strange.


A couple of reapers may be a pain in the ass in the early game, but nonetheless the reaper's role is for scout which doesn't make much of a difference. No way could you blow up the entire enemy base with nothing but reapers and their anti-building grenades like it used to be in WoL.
Make DC listen!
Big-t
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria1351 Posts
July 16 2015 08:56 GMT
#217
Maybe not the right thread: Why can´t I get higher then level 5 for each race? I see people with a profile level of 30+ and I´m stuck at 15. Is this a momentary bug, since yesterday I was level 16 XD
monchi | IdrA | Flash
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
July 16 2015 15:57 GMT
#218
On July 16 2015 15:21 TedCruz2016 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2015 11:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Does anyone else feel like the reaper grenade ability really looks out of place ? The units jumping all over the place taking only very small damage seems so... strange.


A couple of reapers may be a pain in the ass in the early game, but nonetheless the reaper's role is for scout which doesn't make much of a difference. No way could you blow up the entire enemy base with nothing but reapers and their anti-building grenades like it used to be in WoL.

I'm not saying it's OP or anything, just that the animation looks silly. You take a huge knockback and only 10 damage too, which doesn't seem really logical.

Brutaxilos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2634 Posts
July 16 2015 17:00 GMT
#219
I think the remove from control group function is good, but not done perfectly. I wish they had it as alt-# remove from group, alt-control-# remove and create group, alt-shift-# remove and add to group.
Just because I remove units from a group doesn't mean that I want to put it in a new group.

Any one else agree?
Jangbi favorite player. Forever~ CJ herO the King of IEM. BOMBERRRRRRRR. Sexy Boy Rogue. soO #1! Oliveira China Represent!
Sogetsu
Profile Joined July 2011
514 Posts
July 16 2015 23:10 GMT
#220
Patch is now live guys...

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/19825246/legacy-of-the-void-beta-balance-update-july-16-2015-7-16-2015
Raptor: "Es hora de salvar a los E-Sports..." http://i3.minus.com/ibtne3liprtByB.png
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2411
Shinee 45
NotJumperer 16
Noble 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever985
NeuroSwarm203
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft411
Other Games
summit1g7349
Coldzera 763
JimRising 677
C9.Mang0393
PiGStarcraft267
ArmadaUGS29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1019
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream385
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo985
• Rush852
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 11m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 11m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.