• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:57
CEST 19:57
KST 02:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9790 users

Top 20% Invites - Page 4

Forum Index > Legacy of the Void
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20 21 Next All
Ovid
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United Kingdom948 Posts
April 27 2015 19:48 GMT
#61
On April 28 2015 04:39 Amazonic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2015 04:34 y0su wrote:
On April 28 2015 03:45 Ovid wrote:
On April 27 2015 21:33 TT1 wrote:
On April 27 2015 21:07 y0su wrote:
On April 27 2015 20:29 opisska wrote:
This is the first time I really wish I was better in SC2

I wish they would have gone with top 20% based on activity (Games played last season) instead of mmr / skill. Actually rewarded people who play.


why? theyre trying to balance their game, they need reliable data to do that


To be honest 10% would've been a better bet. 20% is too broad. (Not just saying that because I'm in the top 3% )

Exactly. Do we really want plat players helping decide balance? So, instead of giving it to some guy who plays 10 ladder games a season but stays in diamond, I wish they would have rewarded that kid that's top 8 gold each season.

Also, with eco changes it might actually be beneficial to see if active lower league players would be able to grasp the changes easily (hopefully allow blizzard to try new things).





It's far fetched as fuck but that could maaaaaybe be an indication they wanna steer away from balancing the game to fit the casual and more towards the higher level player. Like I said, far fetched but a possibility I guess.


I would sort of agree if they only invited the top 5% (Masters +) and kept it that way for the whole beta. But 20% has some gold leaguers having the potential of being in the beta. I think this 20% thing is more of a way to get more data to make better choices currently they can only go off biased opinions of pros (who if an imbalance or perceived imbalance was let through could affect their livelihood)

Anyway when I get in I will be recording shit tons of data for one massive post (Like most of us will end up doing) this is the last SC2 for the foreseeable future and I want micro actual micro not click a button and cast a spell. (Another thing please take auto cast off storm)
I will make Yogg Saron priest work...
robopork
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States511 Posts
April 27 2015 19:56 GMT
#62
On April 28 2015 03:45 Ovid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2015 21:33 TT1 wrote:
On April 27 2015 21:07 y0su wrote:
On April 27 2015 20:29 opisska wrote:
This is the first time I really wish I was better in SC2

I wish they would have gone with top 20% based on activity (Games played last season) instead of mmr / skill. Actually rewarded people who play.


why? theyre trying to balance their game, they need reliable data to do that


To be honest 10% would've been a better bet. 20% is too broad. (Not just saying that because I'm in the top 3% )


I imagine they want to keep queue times reasonably low so people don't lose interest. MMR will do its thing and they can still get the data they need, it just means if your skill level isn't matched you'll play a platinum player instead of waiting for 20 minutes to play anyone at all.
“This left me alone to solve the coffee problem - a sort of catch-22, as in order to think straight I need caffeine, and in order to make that happen I need to think straight.”
wUndertUnge
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1126 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-27 21:22:31
April 27 2015 21:21 GMT
#63
On April 27 2015 21:07 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2015 20:29 opisska wrote:
This is the first time I really wish I was better in SC2

I wish they would have gone with top 20% based on activity (Games played last season) instead of mmr / skill. Actually rewarded people who play.


I'm sure it's a mixture of both. Problem is if you have a player in Bronze who has played 1000 hours of HOTS, Blizzard is not going to get the gameplay data they need. Having a certain level of player competence & skill in the game is integral for balance and design
Clan: QQGC - wundertunge#1850
TL+ Member
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-28 08:23:54
April 28 2015 08:20 GMT
#64
On April 28 2015 06:21 wUndertUnge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2015 21:07 y0su wrote:
On April 27 2015 20:29 opisska wrote:
This is the first time I really wish I was better in SC2

I wish they would have gone with top 20% based on activity (Games played last season) instead of mmr / skill. Actually rewarded people who play.


I'm sure it's a mixture of both. Problem is if you have a player in Bronze who has played 1000 hours of HOTS, Blizzard is not going to get the gameplay data they need. Having a certain level of player competence & skill in the game is integral for balance and design


I fully agree if we're ONLY talking about having people in beta for balance.

However, they've flag several community figures (I have beta for being a community caster - have you ever heard of me?). They're also giving out beta for people that purchase Virtual Tickets (I have a friend who got beta AND DOESN'T OWN SC2!).

I'm only saying if they're not giving out beta purely for "high level balance testing" (which we can agree would only be the case if it was top 5% mmr etc), why not give it to people who have been loyal and active?

Also, to clarify, I don't mean top 20% based just on games played. I meant top 20% of each division (anyone with rank 1-20 regardless of what league it's in).
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
April 28 2015 21:16 GMT
#65
Did they ever clarify if this is only for people in top 20% of last season, or will people currently in top 20% (diamond and up?) get in too?
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
404AlphaSquad
Profile Joined October 2011
839 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-28 21:47:39
April 28 2015 21:46 GMT
#66
Look at all these below 20% people complaining for not getting a beta key ^^ "it is so unfair, me biggest fan. I <3 sc2" I am actually happy that I played last season after a year of break. Sure it was only 30 games until I gave up again because I despise HOTS. but it was enough to get top 5% again so I am happy.
aka Kalevi
robopork
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States511 Posts
April 28 2015 21:48 GMT
#67
On April 29 2015 06:16 hunts wrote:
Did they ever clarify if this is only for people in top 20% of last season, or will people currently in top 20% (diamond and up?) get in too?


In the initial comment he said Season 1, so my guess is, for this wave at least, it's just last season. Calculating that 20% for this season would be pretty difficult given that it changes constantly.
“This left me alone to solve the coffee problem - a sort of catch-22, as in order to think straight I need caffeine, and in order to make that happen I need to think straight.”
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
April 28 2015 21:59 GMT
#68
If you arent in the top 20% then you have nothing to offer them, its that simple.
Useless wet fish.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
April 28 2015 22:06 GMT
#69
On April 25 2015 09:10 Musicus wrote:
I really wonder how this will work. I mean I'm all for it and happy about it since I would be in the top 20%, but I just can't imagine they will invite roughly 60 thousand players in one wave??? The jump just seems so big and since there is only a single server I wonder if there would be problems.


It's more like 14k
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Exstasy
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom393 Posts
April 29 2015 09:43 GMT
#70
that http://www.rankedftw.com/ site is so cool. Interesting to see visually the difference in the league distribution since the new season. Also good to know last season I was top 9% in the world. LOTV beta here I come?
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
April 29 2015 09:45 GMT
#71
They should have said they were handing beta keys BEFORE locking the ladder. I would have crushed my way to top 20% in no time just to play LotV haha.
EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
April 29 2015 11:02 GMT
#72
On April 29 2015 18:45 ZenithM wrote:
They should have said they were handing beta keys BEFORE locking the ladder. I would have crushed my way to top 20% in no time just to play LotV haha.


yea it could have generated some hype and get more people playing sc2 as well
savior did nothing wrong
MrMatt
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada225 Posts
April 29 2015 12:29 GMT
#73
On April 29 2015 18:45 ZenithM wrote:
They should have said they were handing beta keys BEFORE locking the ladder. I would have crushed my way to top 20% in no time just to play LotV haha.


Ya I haven't played in a few seasons and came back during the lock (but before hearing about these invites) got placed in bronze... I guess because of the MMR decay. After killing poor bronzies and getting flamed repeatedly for maphacking etc I was playing plats and diamonds but still stuck in bronze. This season I am top diamond. Maybe they use MMR in which case I am probably in but if they use the visible ranking I guess not.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
April 29 2015 12:33 GMT
#74
Could be cool if people that got a key get in there => http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/legacy-of-the-void/481812-tl-community-lotv

Matches are really long to find and i play the same guy 5time in a row yesterday.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
April 29 2015 12:49 GMT
#75
On April 29 2015 18:45 ZenithM wrote:
They should have said they were handing beta keys BEFORE locking the ladder. I would have crushed my way to top 20% in no time just to play LotV haha.

MMR doesn't lock though :D
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-29 13:08:49
April 29 2015 13:06 GMT
#76
On April 29 2015 07:06 Mozdk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2015 09:10 Musicus wrote:
I really wonder how this will work. I mean I'm all for it and happy about it since I would be in the top 20%, but I just can't imagine they will invite roughly 60 thousand players in one wave??? The jump just seems so big and since there is only a single server I wonder if there would be problems.


It's more like 14k


Source?

I think there are still around 300k players/accounts that get ranked each season. This seasons it's at 128k already, that's at least what http://nios.kr/ says. Of course this may not be 100% accurate, but I still don't think there are only 70k world wide.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
April 29 2015 13:06 GMT
#77
On April 29 2015 21:49 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 18:45 ZenithM wrote:
They should have said they were handing beta keys BEFORE locking the ladder. I would have crushed my way to top 20% in no time just to play LotV haha.

MMR doesn't lock though :D

No no, I meant, they should have announced the beta keys for the top 20% in season 1 BEFORE the season 1 ended ^^. Would have made for a nice "race to the top" event thing for beta keys.
cava
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States1035 Posts
April 29 2015 14:08 GMT
#78
On April 29 2015 22:06 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 21:49 y0su wrote:
On April 29 2015 18:45 ZenithM wrote:
They should have said they were handing beta keys BEFORE locking the ladder. I would have crushed my way to top 20% in no time just to play LotV haha.

MMR doesn't lock though :D

No no, I meant, they should have announced the beta keys for the top 20% in season 1 BEFORE the season 1 ended ^^. Would have made for a nice "race to the top" event thing for beta keys.


I think they did that on purpose, to get people who are are actually active and not just playing a few games to get a beta key.
cava!
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
April 29 2015 14:14 GMT
#79
On April 29 2015 23:08 cava wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 22:06 ZenithM wrote:
On April 29 2015 21:49 y0su wrote:
On April 29 2015 18:45 ZenithM wrote:
They should have said they were handing beta keys BEFORE locking the ladder. I would have crushed my way to top 20% in no time just to play LotV haha.

MMR doesn't lock though :D

No no, I meant, they should have announced the beta keys for the top 20% in season 1 BEFORE the season 1 ended ^^. Would have made for a nice "race to the top" event thing for beta keys.


I think they did that on purpose, to get people who are are actually active and not just playing a few games to get a beta key.

I don't think it really awards activity if you could just do 1 placement and never drop out of Diamond...
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-29 14:59:27
April 29 2015 14:49 GMT
#80
On April 29 2015 23:14 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 23:08 cava wrote:
On April 29 2015 22:06 ZenithM wrote:
On April 29 2015 21:49 y0su wrote:
On April 29 2015 18:45 ZenithM wrote:
They should have said they were handing beta keys BEFORE locking the ladder. I would have crushed my way to top 20% in no time just to play LotV haha.

MMR doesn't lock though :D

No no, I meant, they should have announced the beta keys for the top 20% in season 1 BEFORE the season 1 ended ^^. Would have made for a nice "race to the top" event thing for beta keys.


I think they did that on purpose, to get people who are are actually active and not just playing a few games to get a beta key.

I don't think it really awards activity if you could just do 1 placement and never drop out of Diamond...

I still agree with him though, they probably guessed they should reward their most faithful customers, and I'm ok with that.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 317
ProTech148
UpATreeSC 122
BRAT_OK 72
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2354
Bisu 2146
Soulkey 983
EffOrt 516
Larva 404
Mini 379
Dewaltoss 198
ZerO 150
hero 104
Mind 74
[ Show more ]
sorry 62
Sharp 56
Shinee 55
Barracks 42
Bale 25
Trap 24
Terrorterran 21
NaDa 18
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 13
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Dendi1473
420jenkins415
XaKoH 348
League of Legends
Reynor69
Counter-Strike
fl0m4137
Fnx 661
x6flipin372
pashabiceps193
edward45
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu498
Other Games
Grubby3165
Liquid`RaSZi1614
FrodaN713
Livibee168
C9.Mang0127
TKL 117
QueenE97
RotterdaM64
Mew2King37
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 68
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 47
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2758
• TFBlade755
Other Games
• Shiphtur738
• imaqtpie571
• WagamamaTV464
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 3m
Patches Events
22h 3m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.