• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:53
CEST 18:53
KST 01:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8577 users

[Patch 9.14] TFT Ranked Release General Discussion - Page 4

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
July 30 2019 14:44 GMT
#61
On July 30 2019 23:17 Alaric wrote:
I guess it gives him a sort-of-escape-mechanism, as in cast it and walk backwards and if they didn't nuke the damage too much it can be a deterrent (to champs who don't have the ability to just dash past it and punch him all the same).

Old E has a lot of subtle power in that you'll miss several people if you cast it from too close since it's a cone, so if you just mash it you're missing out on a lot of "incidental" damage in teamfights.
3.6 bonus AD every 6 seconds can quickly whittle down supports and stacks up BC on tanks in a single cast to help your team go front to back (well it's been nerfed to 3 bonus AD awhile ago it seems).

Show nested quote +
On July 30 2019 21:28 iCanada wrote:
I dont think we needed doinb to show how oppressive spartan was when he was ahead... I've literally hit level 11 on pantheon before my lane opponent hit level 6 before.


Pantheon taught me to manage the wave, since he's not good at shoving it but oppressively strong at zoning. The whole "it doesn't matter if I don't take the tower or don't cs too well because I'm better at 15 minutes with 100 cs than my opponent is at 70".
And then he taught me about aggressively pushing your advantage around the map too because it doesn't matter if your opponent is useless if the enemy mid or marksman is 6-0, so time your shoving that your opponent doesn't get too much free farm then go dunk the other fool and tak drake while you're at it so your shat-on laners get some gold.


Yeah... That brings up the other thing I'm a touch salty about... A lot of Pantheons current play pattern is winning trades with passive and Q then controlling the wave, but his new design kind of kills that entirely. He won't be able to press leads near as hard now that he's got inherent Q waveclear on Qtap and a line skillshot on Qhold. I'm actually hoping it ignores minions when thrown, tbh. But we see i guess we'll see what happens. I feel a bit like a grumpy old man, but I've played pantheon for nearly a decade unchanged and I like him quite a bit.

But I guess that's the power budget we have to pay to have real skirmishing power on Q, a more reliable ult, and more malleable damage immunity.

As an aside... Reddit is tilting me with how many people have just assumed he's always been a generic bruiser. No wonder people don't like Pantheon, if you're going to build him that way, why pay him at all? Lol. Awful.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
July 30 2019 15:16 GMT
#62
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
July 30 2019 15:26 GMT
#63
I dunno, I looked at reddit out of curiosity since I'm pretty out of the loop, and the post in their majority seemed to say "designed as a bruiser, but was really an assassin, looks more like a bruiser with new kit".
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
July 30 2019 15:49 GMT
#64
I think from the looks of the gameplay he is fairly similar. Only concern is maybe losing big damage on E, and Q auto pushing the wave. He looks like old pantheon atleast. Now to see how he feels.
Jek
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark2771 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-30 15:51:10
July 30 2019 15:50 GMT
#65
I dont really understand the argument about Pantheon and lanecontrol etc. Literally all champions' gameplay is about controling the wave, looking for good trades and when/how to impact the map/spread your lead it is how MOBAs are played. It's just easier on current Pantheon not a particular unique core of him.

But I do understand being annoyed about having your favorite champions reworked. I'd be pretty salty if Janna and Lulu got dramatically changed too. But considering how much emphasis they seem to put on trying to keep his style but just cooler I think his rework will turn out pretty good. He also looks much easier to balance than the Irelia/Akali* tragedy so I'm really optimistic about this one.

*Champions they tried to keep authentic rather than completely rework like Aatrox
It's Elo not ELO - Every statiscian playing League
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
July 30 2019 16:02 GMT
#66
I don't think with auto shoving abilities he can function top the same; he used to have good wave control in being able to shove or being able to freeze. Hard to freeze though when both your nukes will also nuke the wave. He'll likely be much better mid though.

I've been wrong in the past though.
DarkCore
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany4194 Posts
July 30 2019 16:05 GMT
#67
First, Aatrox's rework is kinda the norm. They rarely result in a good, easy to balance champion. So that is not an acceptable rationale for reworks anymore. Maybe 3-4 years ago this thought had promise, not anymore.


Personally I think that pretty much every rework has been in the vein of Aatrox, they all got more intricate kits where Riot had the possibility to adjust things besides damage numbers. And yeah, lots of them have failed miserably, the only one they've ever really gone back on was that Kog abomination.

Oh god, did he just block Syndra ult. More Yasuo windwall cancer?
Fixed a bug where LeBlanc could lose
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-30 16:38:44
July 30 2019 16:35 GMT
#68
On July 31 2019 01:05 DarkCore wrote:
Show nested quote +
First, Aatrox's rework is kinda the norm. They rarely result in a good, easy to balance champion. So that is not an acceptable rationale for reworks anymore. Maybe 3-4 years ago this thought had promise, not anymore.


Personally I think that pretty much every rework has been in the vein of Aatrox, they all got more intricate kits where Riot had the possibility to adjust things besides damage numbers. And yeah, lots of them have failed miserably, the only one they've ever really gone back on was that Kog abomination.

Oh god, did he just block Syndra ult. More Yasuo windwall cancer?


I mean .... Lots of stuff blocks Syndra ult. Like fiora, xin, fizz, yasuo, Braum, Shaco, Kayle, kench, zed, Eve, Liss... I'm sure there are more I'm just going off memory.
Jek
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark2771 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-30 16:46:29
July 30 2019 16:45 GMT
#69
On July 31 2019 01:02 iCanada wrote:
I don't think with auto shoving abilities he can function top the same; he used to have good wave control in being able to shove or being able to freeze. Hard to freeze though when both your nukes will also nuke the wave. He'll likely be much better mid though.

I've been wrong in the past though.

If his Q is going to be AoE I dont think it's that much of a deal, it look like a fairly narrow but fast projectile so you wouldn't be clipping the entire wave. Afterall Maokai was all about spamming Q and he could still freeze if he wanted but I hope when thrown it is a champion only kind of skill - would be unique if nothing else. I think he'll be viable in top, mid and jungle (and since Perkz play whatever he want... G2 dream).

If new Q is considered AoE it wouldn't pull minion aggro right? Could his old Q hit enemy under tower when farming melee minions? Either would be lowkey strong new advantage I suppose.
It's Elo not ELO - Every statiscian playing League
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
July 30 2019 17:16 GMT
#70
On July 31 2019 01:45 Jek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2019 01:02 iCanada wrote:
I don't think with auto shoving abilities he can function top the same; he used to have good wave control in being able to shove or being able to freeze. Hard to freeze though when both your nukes will also nuke the wave. He'll likely be much better mid though.

I've been wrong in the past though.

If his Q is going to be AoE I dont think it's that much of a deal, it look like a fairly narrow but fast projectile so you wouldn't be clipping the entire wave. Afterall Maokai was all about spamming Q and he could still freeze if he wanted but I hope when thrown it is a champion only kind of skill - would be unique if nothing else. I think he'll be viable in top, mid and jungle (and since Perkz play whatever he want... G2 dream).

If new Q is considered AoE it wouldn't pull minion aggro right? Could his old Q hit enemy under tower when farming melee minions? Either would be lowkey strong new advantage I suppose.


Per the gameplay spotlight it's aoe and hits minions.

It shouldn't agro minions.

Old Q could hit them under tower if they were Midway in tower range, but I frequently used passive to just poke them while they hit under the tower.
AdsMoFro
Profile Joined January 2015
Japan4761 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-30 17:27:14
July 30 2019 17:22 GMT
#71
The main thing about reworks is usually the ones that are done solo are better than the ones done in batches. The Assassin update was a failure, ADC one was pretty fkn bad. Juggernaut one resulted in MEGA OP champs. Tank one (although only 3 champs) was bad considering the Zac one was reverted and Maokai is so fkn trash to play now.

The Aatrox update and the subsequent attempts at balance are so weird lol.

That trio of updated champs (Irelia/Akali/Aatrox) were allowed to just control the meta for over a year with many changes failing to fix the core problems of the champs.

Other updates that I liked/Improved upon the champ with some balance issues but overall a healthier champ: Sion/Taric/Poppy/Nunu/Swain**/Eve/Xin/Urgot/Warwick/Fiora

I think the solo updates in general were way better and Riot has learnt (or at least said that they've learnt) from attempting to do massive sweeping changes to classes in one go.
Que Sera Sera
Ansibled
Profile Joined November 2014
United Kingdom9872 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-30 17:50:30
July 30 2019 17:49 GMT
#72
The main thing about reworks is that Leblanc got reverted and so the game became twice as fun. That rework still makes me angry.
'StarCraft is just a fairy tale told to scare children actually.'
TL+ Member
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 63
Codebar 35
UpATreeSC 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1243
EffOrt 1192
Mini 708
Soma 625
actioN 468
Rush 438
Light 326
Larva 311
BeSt 223
Snow 153
[ Show more ]
hero 129
firebathero 111
Dewaltoss 111
Zeus 67
Liquid`Ret 58
Barracks 58
Sexy 30
Shine 27
JYJ 26
soO 26
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 24
Trap 23
Bale 23
Rock 11
zelot 11
Sacsri 8
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8273
qojqva2097
Dendi895
420jenkins174
Counter-Strike
Fnx 797
pashabiceps705
x6flipin587
ceh9384
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5663
Grubby3969
Liquid`Hasu353
Other Games
Beastyqt545
byalli428
B2W.Neo422
Khaldor188
DeMusliM170
Liquid`VortiX146
ArmadaUGS142
KnowMe140
BRAT_OK 86
C9.Mang074
TKL 61
Trikslyr59
Railgan8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV268
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH246
• StrangeGG 71
• mYiSmile125
• Reevou 3
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 14
• FirePhoenix11
• 80smullet 6
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV416
League of Legends
• Nemesis2887
• TFBlade851
Other Games
• Shiphtur267
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 7m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 7m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.