• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:39
CEST 16:39
KST 23:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7163 users

[Patch 9.14] TFT Ranked Release General Discussion - Page 2

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 17 2019 21:46 GMT
#21
On July 18 2019 06:28 FaCE_1 wrote:
dam, that's pretty bad...


and about TFT, it's weird that you play your placement but yet you get a rank after first game O_o

so far 1st, 2nd, 1st :D

I think they started it with SR where they tell you what your rank would be while you go through placements, no?
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
July 17 2019 23:08 GMT
#22
seam weird...

got bronze 3 at the end. :[
n_n
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
July 17 2019 23:16 GMT
#23
--- Nuked ---
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
July 17 2019 23:48 GMT
#24
yeah, just cant play enough during the weeks. will see how it goes. you can so much on a win so I guess the ranking will change quickly.
n_n
AdsMoFro
Profile Joined January 2015
Japan4761 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-18 06:26:39
July 18 2019 06:26 GMT
#25
Yup, they changed ranked now on SR as well. You get a rank at your first game, however, you don't go down (inside the original placements) and you gain elo at an accelerated rate.

It's also the first beta ranked season. They probs don't want the issue of a bunch of shitters getting to diamond before the game is even balanced.

My tip for TFT: Get Aatrox into your comp. Doesn't matter when, where, how, why. Get him in there.
Que Sera Sera
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
July 18 2019 07:40 GMT
#26
Veigar is one of the champs that I think is super busted with items & level 3 as well. Fits well with yordles too.
He auto-targets low star champions, and with good items(read: shojins/archangels), can just ult almost continuously.because of how low the mana cost is for his ult.

Voli is also one of the sleepers too IMO, if he gets ult off with a supporting items, he can win the game with an auto or two.

Aatrox does a fuckton if he gets off the ult. Worth stacking items on if you're going blademaster or sorc IMO, but as a standalone pick I think some more CC orientated picks are better.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
DarkCore
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany4194 Posts
July 18 2019 08:42 GMT
#27
Don't play TFT, so can't comment on it.

- Riot giving Renek a shield breaker seems a bit strange. Basically means he dumpsters champs like Riven harder than ever, but does nothing versus others.

- Lots of mechanics being changed. Flat damage reduction and vision on channeled roots are interesting ideas, QoL improvements I guess.

- Aatrox proven to be one of the worst reworks in recent history.

- Akali is close second, Riot playing with all her numbers every patch to try to make her viable but not broken.

- Swain might be too strong.

Nobody probably cares here, but Riot's entirely artificial ARAM balancing makes the map pretty unfun. Only damage done/taken and healing are affected, when the real reasons are champion abilities. Maybe I feel that way because 108% dmg Zoe players who can play her have no problem one shotting carries... Starting to lose interest because of it.
Fixed a bug where LeBlanc could lose
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
July 18 2019 11:43 GMT
#28
The ARAM balancing is awful. It's lazy "balancing" based on champ win percentages. After thousands of League games, I have a good idea how trades should look and the random buffs/nerfs to damage dealt/taken messes it all up.
DarkCore
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany4194 Posts
July 18 2019 12:27 GMT
#29
Yeah, it catches me off guard sometimes too, I think they leave the ability numbers alone because they don't want to confuse people if Liss ult suddenly stunned longer on ARAM. But the flat buffs/nerfs are also pretty stupid, they balance around win rates not damage numbers, so Ryze suddenly has 118% damage buff, meanwhile Malz with low numbers does 90%. Champs like Mundo also laught at their nerfs, he doesn't care if he does 92% of his normal damage, Conquerer is broken on him.
Fixed a bug where LeBlanc could lose
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-18 14:37:31
July 18 2019 14:33 GMT
#30
On July 18 2019 16:40 Amui wrote:
Veigar is one of the champs that I think is super busted with items & level 3 as well. Fits well with yordles too.
He auto-targets low star champions, and with good items(read: shojins/archangels), can just ult almost continuously.because of how low the mana cost is for his ult.

Voli is also one of the sleepers too IMO, if he gets ult off with a supporting items, he can win the game with an auto or two.

Aatrox does a fuckton if he gets off the ult. Worth stacking items on if you're going blademaster or sorc IMO, but as a standalone pick I think some more CC orientated picks are better.

I think veigar is more a mid tier mage since he is single target. and if you run yordle, trist / gnar should be your hyper carry imo.

As for Voli, he is one of the big gun since the last patch. You go Brawler and you give him RFC and he will shread team, specially if you can give him the glacial passive.

I'm still not sure about Aatroxx. I agree he is pretty good when he ult but he isn't really tanky. If you can build some def. items on him, can could pop-off.
n_n
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
July 18 2019 18:33 GMT
#31
RFC Voli is def not slept on lol
Carrilord has arrived.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
July 18 2019 18:42 GMT
#32
Just Curious

Poll: Modes you play

All (5)
 
36%

SR/ARAM (3)
 
21%

SR/TFT (2)
 
14%

ARAM/TFT (2)
 
14%

SR (1)
 
7%

TFT (1)
 
7%

ARAM (0)
 
0%

14 total votes

Your vote: Modes you play

(Vote): SR
(Vote): ARAM
(Vote): TFT
(Vote): SR/ARAM
(Vote): SR/TFT
(Vote): ARAM/TFT
(Vote): All



Vote as in currently on a somewhat regular basis. I didn’t talk about the SR patch at all because I feel like only me, darkcore and jek still care about SR
Carrilord has arrived.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 18 2019 19:47 GMT
#33
I'm ARAM/TFT as I decided to give ranked a break for a season.

If you want Voli to be a real monster, stick a Darkin Blade on him and turn him into a demon. His chain lightning procs Demon buff.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
July 18 2019 23:17 GMT
#34
only TFT for me, at least for a while.

And yeah, demon Voli is a beast.
n_n
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
July 18 2019 23:19 GMT
#35
--- Nuked ---
AdsMoFro
Profile Joined January 2015
Japan4761 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-19 00:44:16
July 19 2019 00:43 GMT
#36
Where's the ranked only option


I've been playing TFT this patch, simply because I've got a killer flu that's destroyed my bodily functions and playing a LoL gives me headaches.
Que Sera Sera
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-19 07:43:49
July 19 2019 06:48 GMT
#37
I've been in diamond promo limbo for like 2 weeks now. Pretty much got into series, tft release, and then just left it.

I might try hard to get back to diamond again this year(after like a 3 year hiatus, and probably 6-7 promo attempts since), but I'm starting to get too old for the game

I think my biggest weakness in TFT is just greeding too hard. I generally like pumping XP or eating losses a lot more than re-rolling early on, even if I have a shit comp so I enter mid-lategame at too low HP to survive a bad round or two, even when I stabilize.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
DarkCore
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany4194 Posts
July 19 2019 08:12 GMT
#38
I didn’t talk about the SR patch at all because I feel like only me, darkcore and jek still care about SR


I don't actually play SR much anymore tbh . I play ARAMs mostly because I just want something to mechanically exhaust myself, otherwise I'm enjoying my Paradox games. I do watch a lot of streams though, so I think I still understand the game pretty well, that's why I comment on the patch notes. But ARAM seems to have gotten extremely toxic recently (is there an MMR for ARAM? Loads of people in my games are either high Diamond or feel like try hards), so I might try some SR again. Last season was the first time I didn't grind to Diamond, and I don't really feel like it this season.
Fixed a bug where LeBlanc could lose
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
July 19 2019 12:46 GMT
#39
There's MMR in ARAM. https://na.whatismymmr.com/ Will give you a rough estimate based on who you play against.


I've been playing mostly TFT right now. If friends want to play aram or ranked I queue for those. I find myself frustrated playing Summoner's Rift by myself these days.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-19 12:58:39
July 19 2019 12:58 GMT
#40
There's MMR in everything that is matchmade(not customs/practice).
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1490
WardiTV983
OGKoka 299
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 299
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7766
Bisu 1890
Shuttle 978
Horang2 784
Larva 515
Stork 483
EffOrt 397
BeSt 373
actioN 268
Mini 246
[ Show more ]
Light 150
Mind 124
hero 118
Rush 105
910 96
Zeus 89
Snow 77
Mong 70
Barracks 68
Sea.KH 60
Shinee 59
Yoon 46
sorry 42
JYJ 41
ToSsGirL 37
Killer 29
Bale 26
Sexy 24
Shine 19
HiyA 19
soO 19
Aegong 18
zelot 17
Sacsri 14
scan(afreeca) 13
Free 10
Terrorterran 10
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5199
qojqva2479
Dendi954
febbydoto34
Counter-Strike
fl0m3274
Fnx 510
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko457
Other Games
singsing2878
hiko1079
B2W.Neo824
TKL 461
Livibee414
XBOCT270
Hui .219
Liquid`VortiX198
XaKoH 172
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 21
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• iopq 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3110
• Jankos2221
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 22m
Replay Cast
8h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 22m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 22m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.