• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:05
CEST 01:05
KST 08:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)20Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10307 users

[Patch 4.14] Gnar General Discussion - Page 74

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 82 Next
rewtamus
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States327 Posts
August 25 2014 22:43 GMT
#1461
L4 a patient & humble topman to give me critical feedback/tips
P.S. am a ex-decent player && able to stream
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12010 Posts
August 25 2014 22:46 GMT
#1462
Are you a D1 smurf?

(I am not a top player and can't help you so i am being silly)
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
August 25 2014 22:50 GMT
#1463
How did that stream end anyway? I old and had to be at work at 7 am.
rewtamus
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States327 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-25 22:52:25
August 25 2014 22:51 GMT
#1464
On August 26 2014 07:46 Simberto wrote:
Are you a D1 smurf?

(I am not a top player and can't help you so i am being silly)


ahh no, ATM im legit silver/possibly gold.

S1 I used to be decent(plat), but I haven't played since then. I quit to play many other games, like diablo3/sc2.

since then, I never wanted to play seriously - this all changed like 2 weeks ago when a pro talked me into playing again #_#

now I'm having to sponge-up and learn all this shit - the last champ I remember being released was fizz LOL.

I used to have a decent game-sense & a good feeling of a successful victory path, but now when I play I'm basically trying not to feed & then doing objectives with the team.

S1 I got to plat playing only Singed, but lately I've been screwing around with Maokai(he feels too strong).

I want to expand my champion pool & improve gamesense.

tops I want to learn:
Ryze
Renekton
Nasus
Ali
Darius
Lee Sin
Tryndamere

idk who else
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
August 25 2014 23:11 GMT
#1465
In terms of top laners, Ryze, Renekton, Alistair, Tryndamere are still decent/viable, Nasus would be decent at that level too, so long as you are good with your last hitting.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 25 2014 23:15 GMT
#1466
Why are you listing 10 champions for the same role instead of 10 champions of all 5 different roles?
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-25 23:17:21
August 25 2014 23:16 GMT
#1467
I wonder if that guy is gonna advertise for his stream on TL again today.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
rewtamus
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States327 Posts
August 25 2014 23:17 GMT
#1468
because I play top & this game is often like rock paper scissors?

not sure if srs post or troll post
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-25 23:18:39
August 25 2014 23:17 GMT
#1469
On August 26 2014 08:17 rewtamus wrote:
because I play top & this game is often like rock paper scissors?

not sure if srs post or troll post


No serious. What do you want to do if you didn't get top lane?


My understanding is that you are trying to climb ranking?
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
rewtamus
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States327 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-25 23:20:12
August 25 2014 23:19 GMT
#1470
I can play adc or support if I have to, but really prefer not to.

not really interested in climbing ranking, interested in improving.

I will automatically get higher Elo if I get better, but my goal is not Elo.

goal is to figure out mistakes, fix them, and try to learn from every game
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 25 2014 23:27 GMT
#1471
On August 26 2014 08:19 rewtamus wrote:
I can play adc or support if I have to, but really prefer not to.

not really interested in climbing ranking, interested in improving.

I will automatically get higher Elo if I get better, but my goal is not Elo.

goal is to figure out mistakes, fix them, and try to learn from every game


Yeah but even so, I feel instead of planning half a dozen of top laners to play from, you should choose 1-2 of at least 3 different roles... because you are not realistically going to play top every single game unless you claim to be a D1 smurf.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
rewtamus
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States327 Posts
August 25 2014 23:28 GMT
#1472
good advice, I guess I will have to learn more positions, thanks!
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-25 23:37:45
August 25 2014 23:37 GMT
#1473
I honestly think 3 positions are sufficient. It'll be very unlikely that you will be forced into the other two, especially if you don't want to play mid/jungle (tons of people want to play those two positions anyway.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
rewtamus
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States327 Posts
August 25 2014 23:45 GMT
#1474
On August 26 2014 08:37 Sufficiency wrote:
I honestly think 3 positions are sufficient. It'll be very unlikely that you will be forced into the other two, especially if you don't want to play mid/jungle (tons of people want to play those two positions anyway.


does this sound alright?

Top: Maokai / Singed / Ryze
ADC: MF / Lucian
Support: Sona / Leona
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
August 25 2014 23:48 GMT
#1475
On August 26 2014 08:45 rewtamus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 08:37 Sufficiency wrote:
I honestly think 3 positions are sufficient. It'll be very unlikely that you will be forced into the other two, especially if you don't want to play mid/jungle (tons of people want to play those two positions anyway.


does this sound alright?

Top: Maokai / Singed / Ryze
ADC: MF / Lucian
Support: Sona / Leona


I'd recommend Tristana or Vayne instead of MF, but that's what the meta kinda wants ADC to be at the moment, due to how most just rush IE or Shiv first. Caitlyn's also a safe pick, as nearly no one counters her in lane and is probably the easiest ADC to last hit with.

Morgana's also a really good support right now (2 second bind at lvl 1, gg) but she may see some nerfs her way soon, so who knows. Sona's also in a weird spot due to her rework, but I think she's still viable.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 25 2014 23:49 GMT
#1476
I don't think the actual choices matter too much so long as the choices are not too odd ball.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
rewtamus
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States327 Posts
August 25 2014 23:55 GMT
#1477
I just wanna do good with MF at least one game, so 5hat will be proud of me rofl
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-26 00:05:18
August 25 2014 23:55 GMT
#1478
if you aren't an adc main (or even a vayne main for that matter) I'd not suggest Vayne over MF lol, MF is pretty strong in lane if you get good at her.

if you end up with a non support main as your partner you'll be happy you're mf as opposed to any of those 3 except mayyybe Trist (altho after the E nerf I'm not so sure)
Carrilord has arrived.
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
August 25 2014 23:57 GMT
#1479
On August 26 2014 08:55 Slusher wrote:
if you aren't an adc main (or even a vayne main for that matter) I'd not suggest Vayne over MF lol, MF is pretty strong in lane if you get good at her.


I'd like to echo this sentiment, please leave Vayne to the actual adc mains and Vayne specialists.

MF is perfectly fine, as is Cait, Trist, Kog, Corki, Lucian etc. ADCs are pretty wide open in solo queue these days.
In Inca we trust
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 25 2014 23:58 GMT
#1480
Ashe! Ashe is the best ADC!

+ Show Spoiler +
Yes I am biased. Bite me.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE159
Nina 109
Nathanias 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13935
Artosis 498
White-Ra 243
ToSsGirL 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever416
NeuroSwarm144
League of Legends
Doublelift4379
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1068
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1898
Liquid`Hasu1319
Trikslyr61
Other Games
summit1g6576
Grubby3528
ArmadaUGS880
shahzam678
JimRising 347
C9.Mang0305
ZombieGrub58
Mew2King48
Maynarde0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick409
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 54
• davetesta37
• musti20045 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1089
• Scarra1000
• Shiphtur248
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 55m
OSC
13h 55m
Stellar Fest
13h 55m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.