• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:41
CEST 17:41
KST 00:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11096 users

[Patch 4.14] Gnar General Discussion - Page 2

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 80 81 82 Next
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
August 12 2014 21:33 GMT
#21
On August 13 2014 06:25 Embir wrote:
Am I see a constant pattern here? I play LoL for about year and a half and I can only see constant cycle of nerfs. It looks like this to me:

1) Some heroes are strong, thus RIOT nerf them to allow new heroes to emerge
2) New heroes emerge (as planned) RIOT nerf them too, to allow next bunch of heroes to emerge
3) repeat ad nauseum all above

Seriously are Rioteers fucking idiots? Because it is becoming really frustrating to play this game. After some epic Kha'Zix nerfs i stopped buiyng skins. Now I slowly start to hating learning new champs - why should I invest time to learning new champ if he will be nerfed to the fucking ground?? (hi Rengo).

Am I the only one frustrated here?


its basically this for 2 years, and every once in a while they make a big rework of something where the overall power increases.
You can see the results of that in gnar, he has a bazillon things added to his skills, compare it to old champions like sion, who have very little.

IamPryda
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1186 Posts
August 12 2014 21:34 GMT
#22
So what's with the corki thing in the patch notes are they buffing him or something?
Moar banelings less qq
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
August 12 2014 21:37 GMT
#23
This patch is too boring.

No buffs until the very end always makes me sad
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
August 12 2014 21:37 GMT
#24
On August 13 2014 06:25 Gahlo wrote:
It amuses me to no end that Riot prefers mids being better gankers than junglers.


Why? A policy of reducing the impact of the fog of war on outcomes is a good thing. Its why 6 pools should fail more often then not. Dying to a mid gank is like dying to the old 4-gate.
Freeeeeeedom
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
August 12 2014 21:39 GMT
#25
SIX DAMAGE
LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
phathom321
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1730 Posts
August 12 2014 21:40 GMT
#26
On August 13 2014 06:34 IamPryda wrote:
So what's with the corki thing in the patch notes are they buffing him or something?

Corki historically has been a pretty contested pick at worlds, like last year the buff to Triforce right before worlds made him top tier.

I'd like to say it's just a joke but you never know with Riot lately..
"Dying in the line of duty is heroic, but dying while unemployed is just stupid." -L
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
August 12 2014 21:40 GMT
#27
On August 13 2014 06:24 MooMooMugi wrote:
Maokai nerfs arent even that bad. W nerf is warranted granted it did a fuckton to full HP opponents from the base damage and Ult duration cap is insignificant considering the max time people have the ult on themselves is 10-15(20 MAX)


Wonder if it'll be enough to get him out of top lane. Not that I mind seeing maokai being played I just really didn't like the whole unkillable machine toplane.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
August 12 2014 21:42 GMT
#28
I don't personally like Corki that much right now but the Koreans seem to think he's near top tier at a minimum so I'm surprised he's being looked at for buffs if thats what it means
Carrilord has arrived.
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
August 12 2014 21:43 GMT
#29
On August 13 2014 06:07 Slusher wrote:
I'm kinda scared of the Ori nerf just because of the heros she keeps in check. All of them have potential to hard carry if they have a good early game.


been playing on my smurf through platinum and the only thing than could even give my op ignite/tp fizz slight trouble in lane was Ori. Still 13 wins 0 losses with him though!
Embir
Profile Joined January 2011
Poland567 Posts
August 12 2014 21:44 GMT
#30
On August 13 2014 06:33 LaNague wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2014 06:25 Embir wrote:
Am I see a constant pattern here? I play LoL for about year and a half and I can only see constant cycle of nerfs. It looks like this to me:

1) Some heroes are strong, thus RIOT nerf them to allow new heroes to emerge
2) New heroes emerge (as planned) RIOT nerf them too, to allow next bunch of heroes to emerge
3) repeat ad nauseum all above

Seriously are Rioteers fucking idiots? Because it is becoming really frustrating to play this game. After some epic Kha'Zix nerfs i stopped buiyng skins. Now I slowly start to hating learning new champs - why should I invest time to learning new champ if he will be nerfed to the fucking ground?? (hi Rengo).

Am I the only one frustrated here?


its basically this for 2 years, and every once in a while they make a big rework of something where the overall power increases.
You can see the results of that in gnar, he has a bazillon things added to his skills, compare it to old champions like sion, who have very little.



So what you are saying just means RIOT is messing with the game only for the sake of metagame shifts. Rioteers don't try to balance anything, they only want to artificially force players to change champions picks.
What a fucking dissapointing thing from Riot.
I guess it is time to find another MOBA, with actually thinking team of developers.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 12 2014 21:46 GMT
#31
Something like that, 99% of the time riot are reactionary as fuck and don't seem to really account for how items shift the meta. I never cared, I blind pick jax with or without absurd base stats.
Glorious SEA doto
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
August 12 2014 21:50 GMT
#32
On August 13 2014 06:34 IamPryda wrote:
So what's with the corki thing in the patch notes are they buffing him or something?


It's going to be either a Corki rework (which I don't know why, he's pretty decent as-is) or some slight buff/change to an item or him, that'll make him become a tier 1 ADC for Worlds... again.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 12 2014 21:52 GMT
#33
On August 13 2014 06:50 Kinie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2014 06:34 IamPryda wrote:
So what's with the corki thing in the patch notes are they buffing him or something?


It's going to be either a Corki rework (which I don't know why, he's pretty decent as-is) or some slight buff/change to an item or him, that'll make him become a tier 1 ADC for Worlds... again.

I can see it now, overreaction on item changes. BT and tri buffed through the roof, all glory to lucian/corki.
Glorious SEA doto
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
August 12 2014 21:56 GMT
#34
On August 13 2014 06:44 Embir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2014 06:33 LaNague wrote:
On August 13 2014 06:25 Embir wrote:
Am I see a constant pattern here? I play LoL for about year and a half and I can only see constant cycle of nerfs. It looks like this to me:

1) Some heroes are strong, thus RIOT nerf them to allow new heroes to emerge
2) New heroes emerge (as planned) RIOT nerf them too, to allow next bunch of heroes to emerge
3) repeat ad nauseum all above

Seriously are Rioteers fucking idiots? Because it is becoming really frustrating to play this game. After some epic Kha'Zix nerfs i stopped buiyng skins. Now I slowly start to hating learning new champs - why should I invest time to learning new champ if he will be nerfed to the fucking ground?? (hi Rengo).

Am I the only one frustrated here?


its basically this for 2 years, and every once in a while they make a big rework of something where the overall power increases.
You can see the results of that in gnar, he has a bazillon things added to his skills, compare it to old champions like sion, who have very little.



So what you are saying just means RIOT is messing with the game only for the sake of metagame shifts. Rioteers don't try to balance anything, they only want to artificially force players to change champions picks.
What a fucking dissapointing thing from Riot.
I guess it is time to find another MOBA, with actually thinking team of developers.

Uh, damn, you're raging harder than my team last game at patch notes with minimal changes. Like, the biggest change is Orianna losing 6 AD and you're about to ragequit LoL forever over it?
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Goumindong
Profile Joined February 2013
United States3529 Posts
August 12 2014 21:57 GMT
#35
I made another post on the riot forums. This time about the seasonal structure of balancing. If you think its smart and good, please upvote it

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/TuK00Es7-towards-a-better-balancing-paradigm
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
August 12 2014 21:58 GMT
#36
On August 13 2014 06:25 Embir wrote:
Am I see a constant pattern here? I play LoL for about year and a half and I can only see constant cycle of nerfs. It looks like this to me:

1) Some heroes are strong, thus RIOT nerf them to allow new heroes to emerge
2) New heroes emerge (as planned) RIOT nerf them too, to allow next bunch of heroes to emerge
3) repeat ad nauseum all above

Seriously are Rioteers fucking idiots? Because it is becoming really frustrating to play this game. After some epic Kha'Zix nerfs i stopped buiyng skins. Now I slowly start to hating learning new champs - why should I invest time to learning new champ if he will be nerfed to the fucking ground?? (hi Rengo).

Am I the only one frustrated here?

Like, the reason you should learn champs is so you can play them all, because that makes you good at the game period and then it doesn't matter if 10 champs out of 120+ get nerfed or buffed in a cycle, you can still play. I think these balance changes are fine. What in particular are you mad about?
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
August 12 2014 21:58 GMT
#37
On August 13 2014 06:56 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2014 06:44 Embir wrote:
On August 13 2014 06:33 LaNague wrote:
On August 13 2014 06:25 Embir wrote:
Am I see a constant pattern here? I play LoL for about year and a half and I can only see constant cycle of nerfs. It looks like this to me:

1) Some heroes are strong, thus RIOT nerf them to allow new heroes to emerge
2) New heroes emerge (as planned) RIOT nerf them too, to allow next bunch of heroes to emerge
3) repeat ad nauseum all above

Seriously are Rioteers fucking idiots? Because it is becoming really frustrating to play this game. After some epic Kha'Zix nerfs i stopped buiyng skins. Now I slowly start to hating learning new champs - why should I invest time to learning new champ if he will be nerfed to the fucking ground?? (hi Rengo).

Am I the only one frustrated here?


its basically this for 2 years, and every once in a while they make a big rework of something where the overall power increases.
You can see the results of that in gnar, he has a bazillon things added to his skills, compare it to old champions like sion, who have very little.



So what you are saying just means RIOT is messing with the game only for the sake of metagame shifts. Rioteers don't try to balance anything, they only want to artificially force players to change champions picks.
What a fucking dissapointing thing from Riot.
I guess it is time to find another MOBA, with actually thinking team of developers.

Uh, damn, you're raging harder than my team last game at patch notes with minimal changes. Like, the biggest change is Orianna losing 6 AD and you're about to ragequit LoL forever over it?


Nooooooo not the AD being taken away from an AP champion ooooh nooooo

However will people play ADC Orianna now without that 6 additonal AD?

Hue hue
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
August 12 2014 22:01 GMT
#38
People are freaking out that much about a small nerf to Orianna's base AD when she gets bonus 10/18/26/34/42/50 magic damage on her autos from her passive not to mention a 15% AP ratio? Pretty made it impossible to trade her with lane as she just shields herself and autos you while farming safely, the reason why Oriannas in competitive and soloQ have ridiculous cs numbers.
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Goumindong
Profile Joined February 2013
United States3529 Posts
August 12 2014 22:03 GMT
#39
Ori losing 6 AD is a pretty big nerf considering a lot of her early game power is tied up in auto attacks. It might not ruin her but its still pretty big
Embir
Profile Joined January 2011
Poland567 Posts
August 12 2014 22:05 GMT
#40
On August 13 2014 06:58 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2014 06:25 Embir wrote:
Am I see a constant pattern here? I play LoL for about year and a half and I can only see constant cycle of nerfs. It looks like this to me:

1) Some heroes are strong, thus RIOT nerf them to allow new heroes to emerge
2) New heroes emerge (as planned) RIOT nerf them too, to allow next bunch of heroes to emerge
3) repeat ad nauseum all above

Seriously are Rioteers fucking idiots? Because it is becoming really frustrating to play this game. After some epic Kha'Zix nerfs i stopped buiyng skins. Now I slowly start to hating learning new champs - why should I invest time to learning new champ if he will be nerfed to the fucking ground?? (hi Rengo).

Am I the only one frustrated here?

Like, the reason you should learn champs is so you can play them all, because that makes you good at the game period and then it doesn't matter if 10 champs out of 120+ get nerfed or buffed in a cycle, you can still play. I think these balance changes are fine. What in particular are you mad about?


No one can be good at 120+ champions. Period.
And what am I mad about? I am mad about constant nerfs, which do more harm then good - as I said in earlier post RIOT doesn't try to balance anything, only force metagame shifts, without looking at actual balance. This is problem. Oh, and sometimes fucks champions really bad this way (hi nerfed to the ground Kha'Zix from some patches ago).
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 80 81 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech163
Codebar 33
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1136
Mini 933
Soma 605
actioN 540
Rush 383
Light 362
ggaemo 362
Larva 287
Stork 258
Horang2 252
[ Show more ]
BeSt 248
Snow 203
hero 198
Barracks 134
Killer 112
firebathero 105
Shine 103
Aegong 99
Dewaltoss 99
Sea.KH 76
Zeus 74
Sexy 41
Shinee 39
Sharp 36
JYJ 36
soO 31
ToSsGirL 29
Liquid`Ret 25
sorry 24
Bale 20
zelot 18
Rock 17
Trap 17
Sacsri 13
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7782
qojqva1937
Dendi797
420jenkins158
Counter-Strike
fl0m1001
Fnx 773
x6flipin485
edward59
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5126
Other Games
singsing1483
B2W.Neo937
Khaldor676
byalli555
Lowko366
Mlord296
Liquid`VortiX180
DeMusliM179
KnowMe134
ArmadaUGS120
Trikslyr42
BRAT_OK 8
Railgan6
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
WardiTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream183
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH182
• StrangeGG 60
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• FirePhoenix7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV423
League of Legends
• Nemesis2522
• Jankos1818
• TFBlade711
Other Games
• Shiphtur158
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 19m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 19m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.