• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:46
CEST 19:46
KST 02:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7749 users

[Patch 3.12] (j/k) Jinx General Discussion - Page 251

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 249 250 251 252 253 383 Next
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
October 18 2013 17:13 GMT
#5001
On October 19 2013 02:08 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 01:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
From the recent Blizzard Allstars/Heroes fo the Storm thingy thread:
On October 19 2013 01:18 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On October 19 2013 01:14 Greendotz wrote:
On October 18 2013 22:31 Serinox wrote:
I'd say it will probably exceed HoN in popularity. But Dota 2 and LoL? We'll see. Still a bit sceptical tbh.


I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to this but is HoN still relevant? I notice it still has the steady views to constantly make the front page on Twitch but still when I hear HoN I just think of a small bunch of dedicated diehard fans who stick with it mainly out of nostalgia. To say a Blizzard game will do better than HoN doesn't really say much. LoL and Dota2? I don't know, they've got the kind of fanbase that'll get anything with a Blizzard logo slapped on it (myself included) but those two games are very established in the scene (especially LoL). Guess will have to see.


HoN has the hardest UI
LoL has the most forgiving UI

So LoL got big, while HoN did not except for die hards who know that if HoN players switched over 300 of them will take over the LoL scene.


It shocks me that people still genuinely believe this.

Amusingly HoN's UI is probably the best learning point for the 2 currently more popular MOBAs, as from my experience it was the most flexible and most customizable.

I think S2 did a pretty good job with HoN on everything that wasn't the game itself, lol.

well their marketing and sales team sure failed miserably. who the fuck is going to pay to play your game when LoL is free? *a year later* oh, NOW you're free? Yeah, it's a little too late geniuses.
Writer:o
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
October 18 2013 17:14 GMT
#5002
HoN was good in concept but S2 is a horrible company that killed it. My only issue with HoN was the WAY over the top bloom and the lack of concrete distinction between enemy and friendly units except for the red outline.
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-18 17:25:16
October 18 2013 17:19 GMT
#5003
On October 19 2013 01:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
From the recent Blizzard Allstars/Heroes fo the Storm thingy thread:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 01:18 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On October 19 2013 01:14 Greendotz wrote:
On October 18 2013 22:31 Serinox wrote:
I'd say it will probably exceed HoN in popularity. But Dota 2 and LoL? We'll see. Still a bit sceptical tbh.


I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to this but is HoN still relevant? I notice it still has the steady views to constantly make the front page on Twitch but still when I hear HoN I just think of a small bunch of dedicated diehard fans who stick with it mainly out of nostalgia. To say a Blizzard game will do better than HoN doesn't really say much. LoL and Dota2? I don't know, they've got the kind of fanbase that'll get anything with a Blizzard logo slapped on it (myself included) but those two games are very established in the scene (especially LoL). Guess will have to see.


HoN has the hardest UI
LoL has the most forgiving UI

So LoL got big, while HoN did not except for die hards who know that if HoN players switched over 300 of them will take over the LoL scene.


It shocks me that people still genuinely believe this.

Given how much exposure chu8 has had in the competitive seen, it's not surprising.

+ Show Spoiler +
/joke


And to add to the chorus here: HoN's UI (mostly) and customizability were/are its strongest points.

Everything else (see: customer relations, business strategy, indistinct gfx, public stats on EVERYTHING, balancing/meta, etc.) was the problem. Also unforgiving cesspool community (characteristic of this genre, but damn).
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-18 17:28:43
October 18 2013 17:19 GMT
#5004
hon got stuck in a heavy farm meta for a long time because of carry orbstacking everything from lifesteal to sny. then the wave of s2 heroes came in. don't know what happeend to it later on but the last time i saw a hon game on testie's stream they changed the map completely and it was barely recognizable as a game.

also 10 stacks of ancients every game. that was hilarious while it lasted
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 18 2013 17:19 GMT
#5005
On October 19 2013 02:13 Kiett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 02:08 TheYango wrote:
On October 19 2013 01:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
From the recent Blizzard Allstars/Heroes fo the Storm thingy thread:
On October 19 2013 01:18 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On October 19 2013 01:14 Greendotz wrote:
On October 18 2013 22:31 Serinox wrote:
I'd say it will probably exceed HoN in popularity. But Dota 2 and LoL? We'll see. Still a bit sceptical tbh.


I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to this but is HoN still relevant? I notice it still has the steady views to constantly make the front page on Twitch but still when I hear HoN I just think of a small bunch of dedicated diehard fans who stick with it mainly out of nostalgia. To say a Blizzard game will do better than HoN doesn't really say much. LoL and Dota2? I don't know, they've got the kind of fanbase that'll get anything with a Blizzard logo slapped on it (myself included) but those two games are very established in the scene (especially LoL). Guess will have to see.


HoN has the hardest UI
LoL has the most forgiving UI

So LoL got big, while HoN did not except for die hards who know that if HoN players switched over 300 of them will take over the LoL scene.


It shocks me that people still genuinely believe this.

Amusingly HoN's UI is probably the best learning point for the 2 currently more popular MOBAs, as from my experience it was the most flexible and most customizable.

I think S2 did a pretty good job with HoN on everything that wasn't the game itself, lol.

well their marketing and sales team sure failed miserably. who the fuck is going to pay to play your game when LoL is free? *a year later* oh, NOW you're free? Yeah, it's a little too late geniuses.

But but but it's more faithful to original DotA!

I didn't even know HoN existed until I started frequenting LoL sites. Their marketing was completely abysmal.
It's your boy Guzma!
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-18 17:24:35
October 18 2013 17:24 GMT
#5006
I didn't want to pay to play HoN so I just stuck with dota. And then league was free and now here we are
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 18 2013 17:25 GMT
#5007
On October 19 2013 02:19 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 02:13 Kiett wrote:
On October 19 2013 02:08 TheYango wrote:
On October 19 2013 01:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
From the recent Blizzard Allstars/Heroes fo the Storm thingy thread:
On October 19 2013 01:18 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On October 19 2013 01:14 Greendotz wrote:
On October 18 2013 22:31 Serinox wrote:
I'd say it will probably exceed HoN in popularity. But Dota 2 and LoL? We'll see. Still a bit sceptical tbh.


I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to this but is HoN still relevant? I notice it still has the steady views to constantly make the front page on Twitch but still when I hear HoN I just think of a small bunch of dedicated diehard fans who stick with it mainly out of nostalgia. To say a Blizzard game will do better than HoN doesn't really say much. LoL and Dota2? I don't know, they've got the kind of fanbase that'll get anything with a Blizzard logo slapped on it (myself included) but those two games are very established in the scene (especially LoL). Guess will have to see.


HoN has the hardest UI
LoL has the most forgiving UI

So LoL got big, while HoN did not except for die hards who know that if HoN players switched over 300 of them will take over the LoL scene.


It shocks me that people still genuinely believe this.

Amusingly HoN's UI is probably the best learning point for the 2 currently more popular MOBAs, as from my experience it was the most flexible and most customizable.

I think S2 did a pretty good job with HoN on everything that wasn't the game itself, lol.

well their marketing and sales team sure failed miserably. who the fuck is going to pay to play your game when LoL is free? *a year later* oh, NOW you're free? Yeah, it's a little too late geniuses.

But but but it's more faithful to original DotA!

I didn't even know HoN existed until I started frequenting LoL sites. Their marketing was completely abysmal.

I feel like S2's plan was "Oh since league is more casual we'll draw over the remaining dota players"

"WHY ARE THEY STILL PLAYING DOTA"
Glorious SEA doto
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
October 18 2013 17:37 GMT
#5008
I only experienced HoN client once, when I went to the Season 1 finals of NASL, and it was confusing as fuck for me to navigate. LoL probably the simplest client to navigate/use, DotA 2 has a lot more options thus a little confusing, but it does the best job.
liftlift > tsm
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
October 18 2013 17:42 GMT
#5009
WCG Rebroadcast finally starting !
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 18 2013 18:23 GMT
#5010
I actually bought HoN before it went free.
I think I played it once.
I also keep buying shit on Steam.

I'm a fucking idiot.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
October 18 2013 18:26 GMT
#5011
2010 hon was one of the most enjoyable times when it was just 30 dota heroes ported over without their turnrates/cast animations

then later $2 added things like nomad and monkey king
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
October 18 2013 18:45 GMT
#5012
Man. I just rewatched CLG vs. WE.

Best games ever.
Freeeeeeedom
silencefc
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States875 Posts
October 18 2013 18:52 GMT
#5013
My friends and I pretty much only played HoN while it was free and switched to LoL because $30. I'm pretty sure I've thrown at least $100 at Riot now so they can thank S2.
Slice like a goddamn hammer.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-18 19:03:22
October 18 2013 19:01 GMT
#5014
It is puzzling to me that most of hon's in game ui (not as much client ui) really is pretty good - in particular the shop interface - and every other area of the graphic design was such a turd. For some reason they hired a beast guy to lay out the buttons and then interns drew them... And the characters... And the map
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
October 18 2013 19:03 GMT
#5015
On October 19 2013 04:01 UniversalSnip wrote:
It is puzzling to me that most of hon's in game ui really is pretty good - in particular the shop interface - and every other area of the graphic design was such a turd. For some reason they hired a beast guy to lay out the buttons and then interns drew them... And the characters... And the map

Glowy stuff everywhere!
liftlift > tsm
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
October 18 2013 19:44 GMT
#5016
Welcome to lol gd where we talk about hon and playing hon.

never played it never was interested.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-18 19:47:06
October 18 2013 19:45 GMT
#5017
On October 19 2013 03:23 WaveofShadow wrote:
I actually bought HoN before it went free.
I think I played it once.
I also keep buying shit on Steam.

I'm a fucking idiot.


i did this too when i raged at league for a while.
I played like the tutorial and then decided i dont like the game.


i also have like 100 steam games i never really played....




On the plus side, if i would lose my job and never be able to find work again, i can probably just play PC games for the rest of my life while the government pays my food....
Goumindong
Profile Joined February 2013
United States3529 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-18 19:53:13
October 18 2013 19:51 GMT
#5018
On October 19 2013 00:34 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 00:31 Taktik wrote:
Hey did u guys noticed Amumu Q is bugged? Or does it work as it should? Like if it hits the target then I should be rewarded with gap closer and small root on enemy champion. However in my recent games when I Q'ed Jax or Gragas or Shen they just jumped of it with their skills. Yes im 100% sure it landed on them, the animation was there and even my champion started getting pulled to them or even got pulled all the distance so I did get the gap closer to enemy but he taunted away already so I jumped into the air ?! O_o U cant tell me its supposed to be that way, I just started playing him in jungle if u can just jump away from his Q i will consider changing him to vi or smth ;(

There have been bugs with stuns for a while now. There was a video with "bic"ing where Cait could remove any stun by having her net go off when it hit her. Riven can do it as well, iirc.

They said they cleaned this up in a previous patch but I'm not sure.

That is not what is happening.

When you perform an ability that has an animation, for the most part that animation and ability finishes.

What you're seeing when cait "e's out of a stun" is cait e, get hit by the stun [which is not a moveblock and so does not cancel/override moveblocks] and then the net animation finishes. Since the net animation (or Q animation) takes a good second or so, a well timed net or q will eat nearly the entire time of the stun. Very good players can use her Q and E in order to still be performing actions when they're stunned.

With Amumu's Q two things are possible

1) A player jumped before or were moving when they got hit. Because of this they finish their animation and the Q stun does not stop them from moving, just stuns them.

2) The player had tenacity from items or defensive masteries. The time it took amumu to get to the target was then longer than the now reduced stun time, allowing for them to use their escape before amumu got there.

The same thing happens for any abilities which perform long animations and/or moveblocks. The easiest example of which is probably Lux's laser. Its cast time is significant and using it right before you're CC'd will often have the entire duration of the CC eaten by Lux casting the laser.

Edit: I think that roots are a bit different in that a root will interrupt a movement ability so long as its not a block. But Amumu's Q isn't a root, [which is why its important that his R is an immob plus silence plus prohibition on auto attacking and not just an AoE Stun.

Other good/easy to see examples are moveblocks animations through Veigar's stun cage [this also makes it very easy to check]
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
October 18 2013 19:52 GMT
#5019
On October 19 2013 03:26 FinestHour wrote:
2010 hon was one of the most enjoyable times when it was just 30 dota heroes ported over without their turnrates/cast animations

then later $2 added things like nomad and monkey king


... and Deadwood, fuck that guy and whoever created him.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 18 2013 19:54 GMT
#5020
Very nice post Goumindong, thanks for explaining that.
It's your boy Guzma!
Prev 1 249 250 251 252 253 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM764
TKL 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 764
ByuN 312
TKL 244
mouzHeroMarine 216
UpATreeSC 77
BRAT_OK 45
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19628
Calm 2997
Shuttle 1053
Horang2 443
Dewaltoss 142
Rush 105
Zeus 57
Free 42
sorry 32
Killer 25
[ Show more ]
Trap 24
ToSsGirL 19
scan(afreeca) 19
PianO 17
Bale 16
Aegong 15
Rock 13
Hm[arnc] 12
Sacsri 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
Dendi1401
League of Legends
KnowMe53
Counter-Strike
fl0m5176
pashabiceps749
Fnx 646
x6flipin274
edward17
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King83
Other Games
singsing1923
Grubby1609
Liquid`RaSZi1486
Beastyqt706
C9.Mang0284
crisheroes266
B2W.Neo233
420jenkins170
dupreeh160
IndyStarCraft 157
QueenE104
Trikslyr83
JuggernautJason10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH279
• EnkiAlexander 21
• Hinosc 13
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3406
• WagamamaTV586
League of Legends
• Nemesis3493
• TFBlade653
Other Games
• Shiphtur865
• imaqtpie523
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 14m
INu's Battles
17h 14m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 14m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.