• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:18
CEST 04:18
KST 11:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7917 users

[Patch 3.12] (j/k) Jinx General Discussion - Page 250

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 248 249 250 251 252 383 Next
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
October 18 2013 15:38 GMT
#4981
On October 19 2013 00:37 Nos- wrote:
There's been instances of skillshots going through people as well, at least from personal experience.


KissBlade too
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
October 18 2013 15:47 GMT
#4982
I mean having them go through people at least requires me to actually hit said skillshot in the right direction (ilu kiss)
Bronze player stuck in platinum
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
October 18 2013 15:52 GMT
#4983
But yes, I too have been having skillshots randomly phasing through. It's really apparent especially when I'm playing Liss. Sometimes I'll throw out an EQ to clear a wave, and some minions just don't get hit by them.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
October 18 2013 15:59 GMT
#4984
Have they made any indication they plan to remodel turrets/inhibs/nexus? I've always found it strange they did such a good job with the map remodel and left these things looking like preschool toys, I cringe every time I push.
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-18 16:18:37
October 18 2013 16:17 GMT
#4985
Hey guys isnt there a rebroadcast for wcg kr games ? The ogn stream seems offline and i cant look in the thread because i dont want to be spoiled >_<
UmberBane
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany5450 Posts
October 18 2013 16:20 GMT
#4986
On October 19 2013 01:17 RouaF wrote:
Hey guys isnt there a rebroadcast for wcg kr games ? The ogn stream seems offline and i cant look in the thread because i dont want to be spoiled >_<


Wow, I came here to say exactly this. I'm also waiting for the broadcast to start and don't know what's going on
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 18 2013 16:23 GMT
#4987
On October 19 2013 00:52 jcarlsoniv wrote:
But yes, I too have been having skillshots randomly phasing through. It's really apparent especially when I'm playing Liss. Sometimes I'll throw out an EQ to clear a wave, and some minions just don't get hit by them.

This was a rampant problem for a while earlier in the season if I remember correctly, but it seemed as though eventually by mid-season all of the edge cases were fixed and people weren't complaining about it anymore.

It's kind of annoying that it appears to have showed up again.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
October 18 2013 16:32 GMT
#4988
ive had a thresh hook go straight through at least one person, but for me at least its a very rare thing for me to be sure of a hit that didnt connect.
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
October 18 2013 16:33 GMT
#4989
So no rebroadcast + paywall vods for wcg kr finals ? Wtf ~_~
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-18 16:41:12
October 18 2013 16:38 GMT
#4990
I think maybe some of the skillshots traveling through people can be attributed to lag or client side mismatches with the server. There might be a setting that helps with this.

Other than that, there is also an issue with warding. Sometimes you see people clearly place their cursor over a brush to ward it and the ward will not be in the brush. The issue comes from the view angle. I suspect Riot's algorithm for calculating how to display your cursor from an isometric angle are not accurate. When you watch the replay and change the view angle, then suddenly you can clearly see that your cursor wasn't in the brush.Similarly, if you scroll so that your champion and the brush are barely in the screen, you will see the cursor is clearly not in the brush. Additionally you can better see flash ranges and stuff. One way to get around the brush bug is to check the color of your cursor when you're hovering over brush with a dumbcasted ward I think.

On October 19 2013 01:33 RouaF wrote:
So no rebroadcast + paywall vods for wcg kr finals ? Wtf ~_~

I know... I wanted to see jungle Leona ;_;
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
October 18 2013 16:41 GMT
#4991
Jungle leona sucked anyways
Bronze player stuck in platinum
UmberBane
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany5450 Posts
October 18 2013 16:48 GMT
#4992
On October 19 2013 01:33 RouaF wrote:
So no rebroadcast + paywall vods for wcg kr finals ? Wtf ~_~


Oh man. Well screw it, might aswell just look up the result then...
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 18 2013 16:52 GMT
#4993
From the recent Blizzard Allstars/Heroes fo the Storm thingy thread:
On October 19 2013 01:18 Thieving Magpie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 01:14 Greendotz wrote:
On October 18 2013 22:31 Serinox wrote:
I'd say it will probably exceed HoN in popularity. But Dota 2 and LoL? We'll see. Still a bit sceptical tbh.


I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to this but is HoN still relevant? I notice it still has the steady views to constantly make the front page on Twitch but still when I hear HoN I just think of a small bunch of dedicated diehard fans who stick with it mainly out of nostalgia. To say a Blizzard game will do better than HoN doesn't really say much. LoL and Dota2? I don't know, they've got the kind of fanbase that'll get anything with a Blizzard logo slapped on it (myself included) but those two games are very established in the scene (especially LoL). Guess will have to see.


HoN has the hardest UI
LoL has the most forgiving UI

So LoL got big, while HoN did not except for die hards who know that if HoN players switched over 300 of them will take over the LoL scene.


It shocks me that people still genuinely believe this.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
October 18 2013 16:52 GMT
#4994
The Leona game happened a few days ago, why would they rebroadcast?
Freeeeeeedom
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 18 2013 16:55 GMT
#4995
On October 19 2013 01:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
From the recent Blizzard Allstars/Heroes fo the Storm thingy thread:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 01:18 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On October 19 2013 01:14 Greendotz wrote:
On October 18 2013 22:31 Serinox wrote:
I'd say it will probably exceed HoN in popularity. But Dota 2 and LoL? We'll see. Still a bit sceptical tbh.


I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to this but is HoN still relevant? I notice it still has the steady views to constantly make the front page on Twitch but still when I hear HoN I just think of a small bunch of dedicated diehard fans who stick with it mainly out of nostalgia. To say a Blizzard game will do better than HoN doesn't really say much. LoL and Dota2? I don't know, they've got the kind of fanbase that'll get anything with a Blizzard logo slapped on it (myself included) but those two games are very established in the scene (especially LoL). Guess will have to see.


HoN has the hardest UI
LoL has the most forgiving UI

So LoL got big, while HoN did not except for die hards who know that if HoN players switched over 300 of them will take over the LoL scene.


It shocks me that people still genuinely believe this.

JUST LIKE THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!!11!!
Glorious SEA doto
UmberBane
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany5450 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-18 17:05:27
October 18 2013 16:59 GMT
#4996
On October 19 2013 01:55 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 01:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
From the recent Blizzard Allstars/Heroes fo the Storm thingy thread:
On October 19 2013 01:18 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On October 19 2013 01:14 Greendotz wrote:
On October 18 2013 22:31 Serinox wrote:
I'd say it will probably exceed HoN in popularity. But Dota 2 and LoL? We'll see. Still a bit sceptical tbh.


I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to this but is HoN still relevant? I notice it still has the steady views to constantly make the front page on Twitch but still when I hear HoN I just think of a small bunch of dedicated diehard fans who stick with it mainly out of nostalgia. To say a Blizzard game will do better than HoN doesn't really say much. LoL and Dota2? I don't know, they've got the kind of fanbase that'll get anything with a Blizzard logo slapped on it (myself included) but those two games are very established in the scene (especially LoL). Guess will have to see.


HoN has the hardest UI
LoL has the most forgiving UI

So LoL got big, while HoN did not except for die hards who know that if HoN players switched over 300 of them will take over the LoL scene.


It shocks me that people still genuinely believe this.

JUST LIKE THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!!11!!


Haha yeah. Well the elephant had somewhat of a point, because the competition in BW was simply much more fierce than it was in SC2, before the KeSPA switch at least without a doubt (which was regardless of one game being easier or not, it was just the level of competition by itself). However nobody today can really argue that the HoN scene was/is more competitive than today's KeSPA LoL scene and its infrastructure. It's like the reverse of the elephant in the room.

Regardless, the major assumption most people seem to get wrong is that a skill from one game can directly be transferred to another, no matter how similar the games may look on the surface, which was kind of what we saw with the BW to SC2 transition. I fondly remember comments of Artosis that Flash had more skill in one finger than every Quake pro ever combined. There seems to be this idea of an overarching "skill" that one can have, instead of being skillful in different things. Which I personally don't really agree with.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
October 18 2013 17:02 GMT
#4997
Vertical sync from my post above:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=vertical sync&oq=vertical sync&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1883j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#es_sm=122&espv=210&q=vertical sync lol

I can't find the article on the ward placement bug. It's different from the ward line of sight bug.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
October 18 2013 17:05 GMT
#4998
On October 19 2013 01:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
From the recent Blizzard Allstars/Heroes fo the Storm thingy thread:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 01:18 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On October 19 2013 01:14 Greendotz wrote:
On October 18 2013 22:31 Serinox wrote:
I'd say it will probably exceed HoN in popularity. But Dota 2 and LoL? We'll see. Still a bit sceptical tbh.


I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to this but is HoN still relevant? I notice it still has the steady views to constantly make the front page on Twitch but still when I hear HoN I just think of a small bunch of dedicated diehard fans who stick with it mainly out of nostalgia. To say a Blizzard game will do better than HoN doesn't really say much. LoL and Dota2? I don't know, they've got the kind of fanbase that'll get anything with a Blizzard logo slapped on it (myself included) but those two games are very established in the scene (especially LoL). Guess will have to see.


HoN has the hardest UI
LoL has the most forgiving UI

So LoL got big, while HoN did not except for die hards who know that if HoN players switched over 300 of them will take over the LoL scene.


It shocks me that people still genuinely believe this.

that has to be a troll. hon interface was pretty smooth and easy to last hit etc.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 18 2013 17:08 GMT
#4999
On October 19 2013 01:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
From the recent Blizzard Allstars/Heroes fo the Storm thingy thread:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 01:18 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On October 19 2013 01:14 Greendotz wrote:
On October 18 2013 22:31 Serinox wrote:
I'd say it will probably exceed HoN in popularity. But Dota 2 and LoL? We'll see. Still a bit sceptical tbh.


I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to this but is HoN still relevant? I notice it still has the steady views to constantly make the front page on Twitch but still when I hear HoN I just think of a small bunch of dedicated diehard fans who stick with it mainly out of nostalgia. To say a Blizzard game will do better than HoN doesn't really say much. LoL and Dota2? I don't know, they've got the kind of fanbase that'll get anything with a Blizzard logo slapped on it (myself included) but those two games are very established in the scene (especially LoL). Guess will have to see.


HoN has the hardest UI
LoL has the most forgiving UI

So LoL got big, while HoN did not except for die hards who know that if HoN players switched over 300 of them will take over the LoL scene.


It shocks me that people still genuinely believe this.

Amusingly HoN's UI is probably the best learning point for the 2 currently more popular MOBAs, as from my experience it was the most flexible and most customizable.

I think S2 did a pretty good job with HoN on everything that wasn't the game itself, lol.
Moderator
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 18 2013 17:10 GMT
#5000
Imo HoN started off pretty good and had the potential to be where dota 2 is, then S2 did a neverending string of retarded things to kill it.
Glorious SEA doto
Prev 1 248 249 250 251 252 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 151
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18320
Rain 1576
GuemChi 905
sorry 53
NaDa 17
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever444
NeuroSwarm198
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 421
minikerr26
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1080
Mew2King113
Other Games
summit1g7385
JimRising 546
WinterStarcraft505
C9.Mang0170
ViBE129
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick832
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 189
• davetesta39
• Letter147
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt240
Other Games
• Scarra945
• Shiphtur496
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 42m
INu's Battles
8h 42m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 42m
OSC
19h 57m
Replay Cast
20h 42m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.