• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:21
CEST 02:21
KST 09:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8118 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 254

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 252 253 254 255 256 331 Next
No more bad posting
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 14 2013 23:43 GMT
#5061
Malphite is reliable initiation from great range. Nautilus is delayed, non-reliable initiation. His Q has a long cd and a whacky hitbox making it hard to snipe people in 5v5s. His passive suffers from his low AS and dubious animation. His E is really bad if you don't hit people with the first wave or they're cc'd already because somebody walking away from you usually walks faster than the wave thanks to the headstart the animation gives them (Naut stops before casting). He has no damage to speak off because he won't get many W-powered autos and the damage is super low.

I wouldn't compare him to Malph at all. He's great at locking down at short range, but can't do much to mobile champions because of how fast they leave his area, can't initiate reliably, and his damage his negligible late game.
This post sounds overly negative, it's not to the point where he's trash tier and shouldn't ever be picked, but reallistically he's both outclassed by a huge margin in his niche, and bad by himself (like Maokai) with his current state and the jungle's.

You can make him work, but then the comp has to be adapted to him instead of the opposite, which also works heavily against a jungler.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 23:49:28
August 14 2013 23:48 GMT
#5062
wtf 1hour 20 min login q for NA?

EDIT: Nope, just a temp bug.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
August 14 2013 23:52 GMT
#5063


inc "plz don't ban blitz i got new skin plz"
It's your boy Guzma!
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
August 15 2013 00:09 GMT
#5064
weo weo blitz
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-15 00:35:45
August 15 2013 00:32 GMT
#5065
I hate playing top. I dont understand how to carry from there.

You can't snowball for shit. And even if you do, you cannot make it amount to anything because it impossible to roam.

Always win lane, always lose game. Zzz... I just feel like I get three man ganked until the 15 minute mark when everyone groups, then that it. If I lucky my team grabs an objective, but usually not.

Feels like Win lane hard, lose game. I dunno, maybe I can make people rotate out with me or something.

/shrug
Pooshlmer
Profile Joined August 2008
United States1001 Posts
August 15 2013 00:40 GMT
#5066
What's wrong with

1. Kill tower
2. Push lane
3. Profit
Parametric
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1261 Posts
August 15 2013 00:45 GMT
#5067
When I win top lane I don't go to them (enemy team) unless it's time to group. Make them come to you by threatening to kill their top laner over and over while threatening to shove all the way to their inhib, This takes pressure off your team, and puts more on theirs, also, feel free to take their jungle including their buffs so their jungle can pay for your deep wards since their top laner is now worth less than their jungle minions.
Crispy Bacon craving overload.
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
August 15 2013 00:53 GMT
#5068
On August 15 2013 08:43 Alaric wrote:
Malphite is reliable initiation from great range. Nautilus is delayed, non-reliable initiation. His Q has a long cd and a whacky hitbox making it hard to snipe people in 5v5s. His passive suffers from his low AS and dubious animation. His E is really bad if you don't hit people with the first wave or they're cc'd already because somebody walking away from you usually walks faster than the wave thanks to the headstart the animation gives them (Naut stops before casting). He has no damage to speak off because he won't get many W-powered autos and the damage is super low.

I wouldn't compare him to Malph at all. He's great at locking down at short range, but can't do much to mobile champions because of how fast they leave his area, can't initiate reliably, and his damage his negligible late game.
This post sounds overly negative, it's not to the point where he's trash tier and shouldn't ever be picked, but reallistically he's both outclassed by a huge margin in his niche, and bad by himself (like Maokai) with his current state and the jungle's.

You can make him work, but then the comp has to be adapted to him instead of the opposite, which also works heavily against a jungler.


Malphite's ult range is 1000, Naut's is 850. The difference in range isn't that significant, and Naut's ult is much more flexible. I don't see why you'd call it unreliable initiation-- if you can target a squishy with the ult, you've got him effectively out of the fight for at least two seconds.

Yes he has animation problems, but they aren't that bad if you suffer through and adapt to them. Yes I would like Riot to give him a quality of life buff. All you have to do is go HAM, whack whatever you can once each. You are Nautilus. You are tanky as shit. You don't care if their entire time is focusing you.

His damage is fine. It's more or less the same as anyone who builds full tank. His damage looks shitty when you hit a fed bruiser or a tank, but if you whack a squishy, it will still hurt.

Nautilus isn't the best jungler right now because of a slow clear and slow movespeed, but he is not weak lategame.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
August 15 2013 00:55 GMT
#5069
On August 15 2013 08:32 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2013 08:12 Seuss wrote:
On August 15 2013 07:50 Alaric wrote:
Way more wards available with the common openings doesn't make it easy for him to gank, especially since he'll be expected to, even at level 2.


That seems like a problem common to any jungler that can't completely bypass wards (SEE: Nasus, Elise, etc.).

I think it's more the fact that Alistar's jungle clear is pretty slow even by today's metric. He's also a terrible duelist and prone to counterjungling. On top of that, I wouldn't give him the edge in early 2v2s especially when J4 and Elise see so much play.


My initial query was basically, "I'm messing around with Jungle Alistar and speed doesn't seem to be an issue." So I'm essentially fishing for other issues to consider.

At this point I think I'd like to give him a whirl when I get back home tonight, but if you have any other thoughts feel free to share them.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 15 2013 00:56 GMT
#5070
im so tempted to buy a 7 rune page bundle. more 2 for 1 sales please i would buy 2(4) right now.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 15 2013 01:27 GMT
#5071
What I meant is that you can't Flash-ult initiate as Nautilus, for example, also champions can get away from the charge's path if they aren't too close when you cast it. Sure, it can help clear the way by inciting people to split up, but good reactions times, a Shurelya, or other MS boosts make it somewhat easy to disengage even after Naut ults (and you wouldn't chase unless you're ahead).

Compared to Malph who can get a clean, instant knock-up if the enemy is bunched up within up to 1150 range, it's not quite the same. I'm not saying that Naut's ult is bad per see, however it doesn't have the same use cases as Malph's (it's pretty good at counter initiating for example, like Tidal Wave or Crescendo).

Another problem with Nautilus is that his damage comes primarily from his shield for most of the game (Q single-target, E unreliable against moving targets, ult doesn't hit secondary targets that hard), which is easy to destroy come later game and relies on his shaky combo AS/animations. Add to that that it was nerfed recently:
Damage changed to 40/55/70/85/100 from 30/55/80/105/130.

It may not seem much, but you really feel it (30% less damage on your AoE sustained spell hurts).

I love him, and I'd love to play him more, but it's really hard to pick him early for example because of how abusable he is, and vulnerable (invade, break his shield -> he can't clear for the next ~20s) so picking good duelists/counterjunglers to fuck him up is a real threat, esp. with the current popular ones, and he contributes so little damage in the late game that your team has to account for it (Zac's base damage are really huge, and Sejuani's W is strong dps served by an almost continuous uptime).
The fact that Zac and Malphite are arguably better top lane also allows to funnel more farm toward them, which is another thing, though. But while I'd feel comfortable first picking Zac or Sejuani, or maybe even Amumu, picking Nautilus would make me fear a J4 pick on the enemy team almost as much as a Shen or Ezreal on ours.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
August 15 2013 01:47 GMT
#5072
I would just point out, that if you have a splitpusher, people hate facing that. And it seems to work well up into diamond.
Freeeeeeedom
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
August 15 2013 01:52 GMT
#5073
dam getting 0 lp at 99 points is the most demoralizing thing ever
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
August 15 2013 02:09 GMT
#5074
On August 15 2013 09:45 Parametric wrote:
When I win top lane I don't go to them (enemy team) unless it's time to group. Make them come to you by threatening to kill their top laner over and over while threatening to shove all the way to their inhib, This takes pressure off your team, and puts more on theirs, also, feel free to take their jungle including their buffs so their jungle can pay for your deep wards since their top laner is now worth less than their jungle minions.


I guess I just bad at coordinating my team to take advantage of map pressure elsewhere. I dunno, I main Jungle/Support because that always just allowed me to wreck things with nothing but superior map awareness. I dont mind AD because I farm pretty well and Mid just like Jungling except you get to last hit minions instead of buff camps.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
August 15 2013 02:11 GMT
#5075
On August 15 2013 09:55 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2013 08:32 Ryuu314 wrote:
On August 15 2013 08:12 Seuss wrote:
On August 15 2013 07:50 Alaric wrote:
Way more wards available with the common openings doesn't make it easy for him to gank, especially since he'll be expected to, even at level 2.


That seems like a problem common to any jungler that can't completely bypass wards (SEE: Nasus, Elise, etc.).

I think it's more the fact that Alistar's jungle clear is pretty slow even by today's metric. He's also a terrible duelist and prone to counterjungling. On top of that, I wouldn't give him the edge in early 2v2s especially when J4 and Elise see so much play.


My initial query was basically, "I'm messing around with Jungle Alistar and speed doesn't seem to be an issue." So I'm essentially fishing for other issues to consider.

At this point I think I'd like to give him a whirl when I get back home tonight, but if you have any other thoughts feel free to share them.

Yea i just tried it and you're right. Speed isn't really an issue anymore. Still, I can't imagine he'd be very resilient against counterjungling, especially against the popular junglers.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 15 2013 02:13 GMT
#5076
I don't think I would want to invade a level 2 Alistar with the threat of his lanes collapsing on me. His cc is still pretty scary even though his base damage got shat on.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
August 15 2013 02:24 GMT
#5077
On August 15 2013 11:13 Alaric wrote:
I don't think I would want to invade a level 2 Alistar with the threat of his lanes collapsing on me. His cc is still pretty scary even though his base damage got shat on.


At least half of counter-jungling is having confidence in your allies coming to your aid or in your opponent's being unable to.

The other half is playing Nunu.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
August 15 2013 03:03 GMT
#5078
Question: If Yorick is so amazing, how come you never see him in the pro scene. Granted I don't watch tons of games, but I don't know of any pro that plays a lot of Yorick or see him picked/banned.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
August 15 2013 03:05 GMT
#5079
On August 15 2013 12:03 Jerubaal wrote:
Question: If Yorick is so amazing, how come you never see him in the pro scene. Granted I don't watch tons of games, but I don't know of any pro that plays a lot of Yorick or see him picked/banned.


Because he's so god damn boring both to play and to play against. Games are still supposed to be fun now.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
August 15 2013 03:06 GMT
#5080
On August 15 2013 12:03 Jerubaal wrote:
Question: If Yorick is so amazing, how come you never see him in the pro scene. Granted I don't watch tons of games, but I don't know of any pro that plays a lot of Yorick or see him picked/banned.


Because he isn't that good.
Prev 1 252 253 254 255 256 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings90
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O137
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 171
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 978
ZZZero.O 137
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
League of Legends
Doublelift4585
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Other Games
summit1g10596
JimRising 716
C9.Mang0275
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP103
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 39m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 39m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 39m
Replay Cast
22h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.