• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:39
CEST 21:39
KST 04:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7499 users

[Patch 3.07: Nerf Everything Not Nami] General Discussion…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 154 155 156 157 158 351 Next
Looks like we're back to status quo. Hope more of you lurkers unburrow and talk with us. :3

If you have any issues or comments about the new design, feel free to PM Neo.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-27 01:57:01
May 27 2013 01:55 GMT
#3101

4. Nientonsoh to top. I really don't get this. Megazero proved himself to be an effective threat in the 2nd half of the LCS and is exactly the kind of player that CLG needs, the one that can take pressure off of bot lane. Yet they go with the talented Nientonsoh who plays pretty much everything BUT toplane. Dignitas was able to go out and get Kiwikid and we can all agree that dude is pretty good with room to improve, but putting Nien up against Dyrus, or Voyboy who have years of toplane experience seems utterly insane.


Just wanting to point out, because lots of people are bringing up Kiwikid for some stupid reason, Kiwikid played mid and ADC when he applied to top lane for Dig. He had been playing league for a few months. If Kiwikid is a good example of a solid pick up then Nien should be a great pick up in everyone's minds since he mained the same two roles as Kiwi and has played league a lot longer than Kiwi had previously.
edit: Not to take anything away from Kiwi but he was a pretty huge risk on Dig's part. Especially when they also could've gotten top lane mains to join their team. CLG is taking a risk on Nien, maybe it'll pay out and maybe it won't. But if it pays out people will view it just like they're viewing the gamble that Dig took on Kiwi.

Everything else in your post I pretty much agree with though. Only time will tell if the new line up is better or worse.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
May 27 2013 01:58 GMT
#3102
What is always with the circlejerk about jiji? I started watching LoL about the time of IPL 4, and every time I have seen him play it's been lackluster at best. Yet on reddit or wherever anytime he is mentioned I see "OMG JIJI OP NEXT BONJWA" or something like that. Can anyone inform me?
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Lmui
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada6223 Posts
May 27 2013 01:59 GMT
#3103
Well doublelift proved at worlds that he is not in a slump because of his own play. When paired with a world-class support, he is indeed a world-class ADC.

The choice of nien for toplane is puzzling and jiji jungle is sort of wtf inducing but we'll see...
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
May 27 2013 02:00 GMT
#3104
On May 27 2013 10:58 Diamond wrote:
What is always with the circlejerk about jiji? I started watching LoL about the time of IPL 4, and every time I have seen him play it's been lackluster at best. Yet on reddit or wherever anytime he is mentioned I see "OMG JIJI OP NEXT BONJWA" or something like that. Can anyone inform me?


In beta and the first half of S1 jiji was really really good. Most people agreed that he was the best mid laner in the game. He had multiple accounts in the top 10 ladder (3 if I remember correctly). Combine with the fact that jiji is really humble and just a super chill guy and lots of people love him.

I like him too. He's my favorite player. But I have to admit I'm pretty confident he isn't good enough to play at the pro level anymore. I will be overjoyed if I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get replaced half way through this split for a new jungler.
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
May 27 2013 02:01 GMT
#3105
On May 27 2013 10:58 Diamond wrote:
What is always with the circlejerk about jiji? I started watching LoL about the time of IPL 4, and every time I have seen him play it's been lackluster at best. Yet on reddit or wherever anytime he is mentioned I see "OMG JIJI OP NEXT BONJWA" or something like that. Can anyone inform me?

jiji was the best mid through like preseason 1 then he never managed to keep up with people by somewhere around mid season 1
dottycakes
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada548 Posts
May 27 2013 02:02 GMT
#3106
So that's why Doublelift was not-so-subtly implying Aphro was a bad support throughout the All Stars event...
vvSiegvv
Profile Joined March 2010
United States364 Posts
May 27 2013 02:05 GMT
#3107
I really don't understand all the negativity about the roster change for CLG. I mean nien has shown time and time again to be a top quality player, sure he hasn't played top in the past but give the guy some practice in the top lane and he'll no doubt be one of the better tops in NA. Understandably it's kind of weird that they would pick nien over somebody like mega but having nien is still probably going to be a great pick up. Chauster + double bottom is something people have been hyping up ever since chauster left the support role, and now that they actually move him back it seems like most people are against the idea. Jiji going to jungle is at least IMO the most questionable part of the roster change.
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-27 02:09:01
May 27 2013 02:07 GMT
#3108
On May 27 2013 10:58 Diamond wrote:
What is always with the circlejerk about jiji? I started watching LoL about the time of IPL 4, and every time I have seen him play it's been lackluster at best. Yet on reddit or wherever anytime he is mentioned I see "OMG JIJI OP NEXT BONJWA" or something like that. Can anyone inform me?

Off the top of my head, for some reason the Flash over a Morg bind into double kill at IEM Hannover World Championships against old-Curse sticks in my head.



But like people have said, Season 1 Jiji was King of Mid lane. Was okay in lane, but really good at teamfighting. But in Season 2 the world changed and Jiji didn't keep up.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-27 04:25:43
May 27 2013 02:12 GMT
#3109
I'm tried contacting TL.net advertising and three Red Names about this and never got a response. I'm assuming it's ok to do this.

$10 LoL Raffle being held by Play It Up!

Want to win $10 in Riot Points for League of Legends? All you need to do is follow our twitter and Twitch.tv account! Tomorrow (MONDAY) at 9pm PST (West Coast, USA) I will pick THREE random winners that followed twitter to recieve a $10 in Riot Points!
Winners will be invited to join PsyonicReaver on Skype if they'd like to do any shoutouts to friends or family!

So what are you waiting for? Follow us now!!!

Rules

Your Account MUST be level 10 or above in order to recieve the $10 gift in Riot Points.
Your Account MUST be on the US Server.
Your twitter name must be easily linked to your Twitch.tv name!
So wait? I'm bad? =(
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51693 Posts
May 27 2013 02:19 GMT
#3110
When a player gets recruited and shows signs of a lack of confidence in their role, you know things aren't going to end up right.
Commentator
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
May 27 2013 02:23 GMT
#3111
On May 27 2013 11:19 GTR wrote:
When a player gets recruited and shows signs of a lack of confidence in their role, you know things aren't going to end up right.


Yeah, kind of a gongshow.

I think maybe part of the idea is to take Nientensoh away from other potential suitors.

For example, imagine Nien on Curse.
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
May 27 2013 02:29 GMT
#3112
The jiji to jungle is bewildering.
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
May 27 2013 02:31 GMT
#3113
At least Aphro can go back to twitch and make that mad twitch $$$.

But yeah, I'm shaking my head over these roster changes... but at least they still have God on their team.
Retvrn to Forvms
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
May 27 2013 02:40 GMT
#3114
I hope aphro didnt get shafted by this, I imagine it was an amicable parting (hopefully he got some phat contract termination cash) but its a kind of strand move to invest in him for the future... And then dump him when he gets good (his blitz game in promo matches was really good).
Nien is really good, adding him to be roster is a great move, but putting him in top is very strange. Bringing back jiji and putting him in the jungle is beyond strange... He did show good zed games in promo, I wonder if we'll see that kind of champ pool I the jungle.
A lot of pressure on chauster now, time to see if his mouth has been making checks his skills can cash, beating na not lanes wont prove anything though, they are going to need to make it out of group stages at worlds.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
May 27 2013 02:42 GMT
#3115
On May 27 2013 11:23 iCanada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2013 11:19 GTR wrote:
When a player gets recruited and shows signs of a lack of confidence in their role, you know things aren't going to end up right.


Yeah, kind of a gongshow.

I think maybe part of the idea is to take Nientensoh away from other potential suitors.

For example, imagine Nien on Curse.

Ahah! Before you could buy that last iPhone in the store, I decided to buy a second one for myself so you wouldn't have one!
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
May 27 2013 02:47 GMT
#3116
On May 27 2013 11:07 MoonBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2013 10:58 Diamond wrote:
What is always with the circlejerk about jiji? I started watching LoL about the time of IPL 4, and every time I have seen him play it's been lackluster at best. Yet on reddit or wherever anytime he is mentioned I see "OMG JIJI OP NEXT BONJWA" or something like that. Can anyone inform me?

Off the top of my head, for some reason the Flash over a Morg bind into double kill at IEM Hannover World Championships against old-Curse sticks in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dnLEXo_zpI#t=56m12s

But like people have said, Season 1 Jiji was King of Mid lane. Was okay in lane, but really good at teamfighting. But in Season 2 the world changed and Jiji didn't keep up.


every time I see the old map graphics it blows my mind I'm playing the same game.
Carrilord has arrived.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
May 27 2013 02:47 GMT
#3117
On May 27 2013 11:12 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
I'm tried contacting TL.net advertising and three Red Names about this and never got a response. I'm assuming it's ok to do this.

$10 LoL Raffle being held by Play It Up!

Want to win a $10 in Riot Points for League of Legends? All you need to do is follow our twitter and Twitch.tv account! Tomorrow at 9pm PST (West Coast, USA) I will pick THREE random winners that followed twitter to recieve a $10 in Riot Points!
Winners will be invited to join PsyonicReaver on Skype if they'd like to do any shoutouts to friends or family!

So what are you waiting for? Follow us now!!!

Rules

Your Account MUST be level 10 or above in order to recieve the $10 gift in Riot Points.
Your Account MUST be on the US Server.
Your twitter name must be easily linked to your Twitch.tv name!

You dun got followed.
It's your boy Guzma!
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-27 02:52:39
May 27 2013 02:51 GMT
#3118
On May 27 2013 11:42 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2013 11:23 iCanada wrote:
On May 27 2013 11:19 GTR wrote:
When a player gets recruited and shows signs of a lack of confidence in their role, you know things aren't going to end up right.


Yeah, kind of a gongshow.

I think maybe part of the idea is to take Nientensoh away from other potential suitors.

For example, imagine Nien on Curse.

Ahah! Before you could buy that last iPhone in the store, I decided to buy a second one for myself so you wouldn't have one!


Well, I mean I'm not exactly a CLG fan or anything, but they can't be dumb enough to put two players in roles they aren't comfortable with... can they?

I dunno, I can see Jiji jungling with CLG, Chau is loud and obnoxious and shot cally-enough, and Jiji's strengths as a player were never really laning in the first place, but I've literally never seen Jiji playh Jungle before.

I've also never seen Nien play top... and the history with AD carry mains playing top lane competitvely is not good at all. Westrice looked bad top. Like... just bad. It especially weird because Nien is one of those players that is used to 100% of the time hard carrying his team and getting all the farm. I dunno, seems strange.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
May 27 2013 03:04 GMT
#3119
I wish CLG would recycle more talent instead of keeping the the same blood. It reminds me of a stage in Portal 2 where GlaDoS talks about how she was recycling the same roomfull of air and how bad it was.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
beefhamburger
Profile Joined December 2007
United States3962 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-27 03:09:02
May 27 2013 03:08 GMT
#3120
You can watch jiji duoing with Link atm, and he's playing jungle Gragas XD
http://t.co/RtDe8NlWww
Prev 1 154 155 156 157 158 351 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM922
TKL 308
TaKeTV 299
IndyStarCraft 181
BRAT_OK 95
ZombieGrub81
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 922
TKL 308
IndyStarCraft 181
MaxPax 169
BRAT_OK 95
ZombieGrub81
JuggernautJason52
Nathanias 39
EmSc Tv 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 655
ggaemo 156
White-Ra 141
firebathero 76
Barracks 61
910 50
Shine 30
Trap 26
Killer 25
yabsab 7
Counter-Strike
Fnx 802
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0168
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8876
crisheroes1772
Liquid`Hasu1556
Trikslyr69
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4854
summit1g4438
singsing1382
Beastyqt827
shahzam414
B2W.Neo329
KnowMe136
ArmadaUGS132
UpATreeSC73
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream392
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 189
• Reevou 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix14
• blackmanpl 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade739
Other Games
• imaqtpie352
• Shiphtur313
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 22m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.